Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta (56692 Views)

MMM Participants Lose Patience, Attack Each Other, Guiders / MMM Participants Celebrate The Return Of MMM Nigeria (Videos) / MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by justmenoni: 4:41am On Jan 23, 2017
Ah!!!!! And we advised them ooooo but[b] IT'S THEIR MONEY[/b]
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by ifycent2: 5:14am On Jan 23, 2017
myners007:
As long there is life there is hope

Blcos u don lost 2 million naira via mmm tins.... Na u don remember life and Hope..

well; dere is hope 4 u to recovery your lost money.

lolzzzzzz
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Kekenapep: 5:33am On Jan 23, 2017
For all those who advised against mmm and such it will be better to educate your friends and family members who will LISTEN to you.
Truth is that you can't win with so called mavrodians.
What is obvious is that out of pride, ego, ignorance and outright refusal to "see" the truth though it is staring them in the face many have preached the mmm "gospel" more than the mmm starters themselves.
When such schemes claims a lot more victims than victors then where is the advantage.
Israel had the highest number of start-ups last year because they engage their minds. And considering their size n population that's some achievement but in naija our potential creative minds were all doing mmm.
We can change our country and we can make this nation great but only if we engage our minds.
I came across a sad statistic that apart from America and israel the most religious nations are the least advanced simply because we fail to utilize the power we possess in our thoughts.
So instead of claiming"I stand with mmm" (mmm is not standing with you) or "mmm till I die" (mmm is probably dead already) use you God-given abilities to innovate and create wonderful ideas that will move you n our dear country forward.
#Westandtogether
#Renewourminds

4 Likes

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by wakes: 5:35am On Jan 23, 2017
The Media is not helping matters either. But how can you believe this kind of story?
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by oteneaaron(m): 5:44am On Jan 23, 2017
Leopantro:
a friend told me of a guy that created a HYIP site that ran for just 3 days involving bitcoin. hr made over 90 million naira before it crashed and he is in the process of creating another one.
Maga will always pay.

Are you serious??
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Leopantro: 6:12am On Jan 23, 2017
oteneaaron:

Are you serious??

you simply buy a script, adapt it to your site, register to the HYIP business, choose your category, modify the site and you are good to go
Google 4dayprofit for an example. it started this year, not owned by a Nigerian but the guy is counting millions in bitcoin. the HYIP site is a smart ponzi that's why it keeps catching suckers every minute.
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by riczy(m): 6:16am On Jan 23, 2017
Greedy ppl,u took Junior staff salary to do MMM, weren't u ask to use spare money?

1 Like

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 23, 2017
Nigeria..a country full of educated illiterates.

In this day and age, people fell for a ponzi/pyramid scheme.

Unfortunately, the scam is still ongoing in different forms like swissgold and the likes and Nigerians never learn. desperados..

e.g...check the post below. He is looking forward to scam those that just got scammed.

1 Like

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by yousee(m): 6:30am On Jan 23, 2017
Bitcoins only
Minimum Provide Help amount is 30 USD
Maximum Provide Help amount is 3000 USD per day
3% verification link comes immediately
Remaining 97% link will come NEXT DAY
Mavro starts to grow after your 3% verification link confirmed.
Mavro growing only for 15 days.
On day 16th you can withdraw your Mavro (150%, where 100% is your capital amount and 50% is your profit).
But before Getting Help you must recommit the same amount or bigger. After you transfer 100% of the recommitment amount - you will be able to GH from previous deposit. Recommitment rule was created to keep the system flowing with money. It states that before you Get Help from your growth wallet, you must recommit by doing a PH of the same amount of your last PH. So, money not only flow out the system, but also ALWAYS flow in.
Auto confirmation of all PH/GH by bitcoin network (no need to wait for someone to confirm or get fake screenshots)
10% Referral bonus on each Provide Help and Recommitment from people directly under you (only if you personally Provided Help)
Minimum Get Help amount is $10
Maximum Get Help amount is $3000 per day

Them for copy this format or something close to this...
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by adeniyi65(m): 6:42am On Jan 23, 2017
Mmm participants.am not sry for u because you are greedy.thats what drag u into the big mess. grin

1 Like

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by bcbones: 6:51am On Jan 23, 2017
Mmm....Karma on 9ja,,,,,,its no news that nigeria is know for many things along side online fraud, ghis is jst a white man paying us wit our coin....now we can have 1st hand experience of how they feel when dey are swindled..the painfull part is that they dont even have office to burn down or were to stage a protest, all u can do is stare at ur screen...i knw this talk go paiñ these mmmiers.
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 23, 2017
Make me nor lie I risk this MMM small too for about two months due to pressure from all my friends and I run the package weekly with 500k, making it weekly I receive payment of 150k. But as a sharp guy I knew by December Jungle go matured and Bananas will be given to monkeys instead of their money so first week of December I removed all my money sharply and didn't wait for it to grow up to 30%. Na Undiluted Greed they worry many MMM participants cheesy

4 Likes

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Emycord: 6:56am On Jan 23, 2017
Yes i love the spirit mmm is here to stay (on our phones, and memories) but una monies is thiers to spend. But who are they protesting to? Govt? But they say govt should leave then alone now
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Emycord: 7:01am On Jan 23, 2017
Abeg o all the places it crashed na only nigeria do protest abeg make una no dey disgrace us o. No be only nigeria they this world

1 Like

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Roon9(m): 7:01am On Jan 23, 2017
[quote author=braining01 post=53045759][/quote]

You named yourself something you are highly deficient of. Little wonder you can't even quote properly
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 23, 2017
mechanics:
Nawa o, 6million gone

I know someone who invested 8m

1 Like

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Laveda(f): 7:21am On Jan 23, 2017
Khutie:
definitely waiting for FP...
modified
Finally e don hit FP >:
Seun I just don't know wah this yhur Nairaland is turning into... There is no longer useful information on FP...too bad bruh, ofcos yhu re making yhur money off each click buh I doubt the message yhu re sending to old members of this great forum.
I've xaid it

I don't know nothing abuh this MMM stuff buh from the lil info I've gathered from participants, I strongly believe for dah scheme to geh strongly back to its feet...una greedy guiders need to PH at least 100k each, khoz I believe they had made more dan dah...
Then yhu guys wey be participants should pull yaselves outta negative influences eg: Nairaland mods and its creator. May God help una shaaa... una no do anybody wrong investing in wah una believe in

Why are you lying to yourself? How many Fp threads do you go through in a day?
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by switch47(m): 7:22am On Jan 23, 2017
I stand with MMM Nigeria
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by mmark12(m): 7:28am On Jan 23, 2017
Great article below written by "Abimbola Adelakun of the Punch Newspapers"

BEFORE MMM, NIGERIANS WERE ALREADY GREEDY AND VULNERABLE

Over and over again, we have been admonished not to make fun of poor folks who were dupes of the now faltering Ponzi scheme, MMM. We have been enjoined to be emphatic, to spare those who have their money trapped in the scheme our sharpened tongues and the smug I-told-you-sos. We have been rightly reminded that Nigeria is currently experiencing recession pangs; the times are so hard it feels like the Sani Abacha years. Nigeria is in a poor shape, people are desperate and therefore vulnerable and in such a situation, they say, it is only fair to pity fellow Nigerians who invested their lifeblood in the MMM.

There is an element of truth in these but they are not entirely correct. The recession definitely has to do with the almost hysteric manner people have embraced Ponzi schemes but does not fully explain why there are at least eight of them going on in Nigeria right now and they all have patrons who passionately proselytize for each. Around 2007/08, people also fell victim to Wonder Banks and lost tons of money. What is primarily responsible for people’s involvement in pyramid schemes is greed, simple. Greed is a universal human failing; societies evolved laws to regulate greed and prevent us from having each other for lunch on the same day.

One cannot, however, talk about the popularity of Ponzi schemes without also acknowledging how our society’s belief system has encouraged magical thinking about money and the ways it can be multiplied. From urban legends recycled in Nollywood that promote ideas about money rituals, to politicians who flaunt wealth before the public even when there is scant evidence of their productivity, to the prosperity gospel regularly preached in churches, people are so vulnerable that they can be played for suckers.

I once attended a church service with a friend a while ago where the pastor asked us to “sow seeds into the kingdom” and he would prophesy that God would make us “billionaires”. We were at least 5,000 people in the church, how was it possible for all of us to be billionaires? The United States has the highest population of billionaires in the world and they have only 540 of them. How can God raise so many billionaires from a single church and in a country where we do not even produce pencils? Yet, all around me people enthused shouts of “Amen! I receive it!”

Our culture has promoted a mentality that individuals can make huge sums of money irrespective of the political and economic conditions of their country. People have been made to believe that they can extricate themselves from the destiny of their country because, well, their case is different. This sort of weightless individualism being promoted does not find a support structure in our society’s organizing philosophy and therefore opens people up to dubious schemes.

When people have been taught that money can come as a miracle, do not be surprised when they believe virtually anything that turns them to pliable tools in the hands of swindlers.

Online, people see a picture of dollars, luxury cars, or some other markers of prosperity on a parody account of a popular preacher. To the image is appended a prayer that those “blessings” can be theirs and their eyes water at the possibility. Then, they are instructed thus, “If you believe, type Amen” and thousands proceed to do so; poor dupes who are sincerely convinced that there is some magic to merely typing “Amen” to a prayer that offers them what they never worked for.

Our value system has plunged to the point there is an acute disconnect between dignity of labor, hard work, honesty, ethics, and what we now call success; no surprise that young people fall for Ponzi schemes. My friend, a professor in a university, told me how astounded he was to find that his students were also involved in the MMM. They in fact, tried to recruit him. Our joint observation was that the MMM and other Ponzi schemes would do to the educated class what “Okada” did to the culture of apprenticeship in Nigeria – it provided a means of earning quick bucks for poor and struggling youths at the expense of building skill set. Young people who thought spending two or three years learning a trade was tedious and paid less were seduced into the futureless career of riding motorcycles for a living.

Today, Nigeria’s building contractors have had to travel as far as Benin Republic to find capable artisan workers. In some years’ time, classrooms in our tertiary institutions would have abdicated their hallow and noble responsibility to nurture the nation’s intellectual class and turned to recruiting centers for Ponzi schemes. Why not? You have lawmakers and Pentecostal pastors who use the social media to unabashedly flaunt their sports cars which they drive on cratered Nigerian roads without being hit by a sense of irony. Their audience take note and conclude that certain kinds of superlative possibilities exist; they only need to find their share.

Yes, I understand the vulnerability of unlettered people who fall into the hands of fraudsters who, for instance, ask for their ATM PINs. What I do not understand is how people who can use the Internet to educate themselves can believe that a scheme that turns over at the rate of 30 per cent monthly is legitimate. On the MMM website, you are asked to type an amount into “Happiness calculator” which links to a webpage where you see a chart of your money as it multiplies. If you type in N5,000, “Happiness calculator” shows it can go up as much as N100,000 plus in 12 months. If you are the greedy type, you will add a couple of more zeroes to your N5,000 and begin to salivate when “Happiness calculator” multiplies it beyond your expectation. If you are the Obierika character in Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart, the kind of person who thinks about things, you would question that kind of an unregulated enterprise that promises so much in such a short time.

In truth, we can blame the state of our country and the very constricted chances people have to access routes of prosperity they are aware exist elsewhere. For instance, Pentecostal Christians call themselves “kingdom investors” and when they put their money in dubious projects like the MMM too, they carry over the same register of enterprise and declare themselves “investors.” Their choice of vocabulary suggests a longing to put their money in savings portfolios and build their financial future like is done in stable economies. But when there is a lack in the society, churches and other Ponzi schemes rise and fill the gap. They give people chances to be called “investors” and those poor folks expend all manner of irrational arguments to legitimize those schemes.

One of the many things I found ironical about the MMM is the Marxist bent of their “ideology” pasted on their website. They argue that many people will work but will never amount to anything because the financial system of the world itself runs like a Ponzi scheme. On this note, they have a point but their truth is so overstretched it snaps like a rubber band. Modern banking systems, for instance, may run like a pyramid scheme but they are regulated, they do not offer outlandish profits, and they make legitimate business investments. They are not perfect but they are far more transparent than the MMM. For all the MMM’s raves and rants against the enslaving financial systems of this world and their destruction of people at the bottom to sustain the wealth of those at the top, it does not urge them to overthrow their oppressors. Instead, it merely offers them schemes that encourage them to join the party.
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Ijaya123: 7:39am On Jan 23, 2017
Who are they protesting to?

When you're being warned, you were boldly shouting back, "is it your money".

Now the chicken has come home to roost.

1 Like

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by jeff1607(m): 7:49am On Jan 23, 2017
am not sure if the so called guiders would be present there protesting
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Gkemz: 8:00am On Jan 23, 2017
In flavour's words "O buru na agwagi gi, i ma nghota." The ponzi scheme is winding up.
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Gregdcutie(m): 8:17am On Jan 23, 2017
mmark12:
Great article below written by "Abimbola Adelakun of the Punch Newspapers"

BEFORE MMM, NIGERIANS WERE ALREADY GREEDY AND VULNERABLE

Over and over again, we have been admonished not to make fun of poor folks who were dupes of the now faltering Ponzi scheme, MMM. We have been enjoined to be emphatic, to spare those who have their money trapped in the scheme our sharpened tongues and the smug I-told-you-sos. We have been rightly reminded that Nigeria is currently experiencing recession pangs; the times are so hard it feels like the Sani Abacha years. Nigeria is in a poor shape, people are desperate and therefore vulnerable and in such a situation, they say, it is only fair to pity fellow Nigerians who invested their lifeblood in the MMM.

There is an element of truth in these but they are not entirely correct. The recession definitely has to do with the almost hysteric manner people have embraced Ponzi schemes but does not fully explain why there are at least eight of them going on in Nigeria right now and they all have patrons who passionately proselytize for each. Around 2007/08, people also fell victim to Wonder Banks and lost tons of money. What is primarily responsible for people’s involvement in pyramid schemes is greed, simple. Greed is a universal human failing; societies evolved laws to regulate greed and prevent us from having each other for lunch on the same day.

One cannot, however, talk about the popularity of Ponzi schemes without also acknowledging how our society’s belief system has encouraged magical thinking about money and the ways it can be multiplied. From urban legends recycled in Nollywood that promote ideas about money rituals, to politicians who flaunt wealth before the public even when there is scant evidence of their productivity, to the prosperity gospel regularly preached in churches, people are so vulnerable that they can be played for suckers.

I once attended a church service with a friend a while ago where the pastor asked us to “sow seeds into the kingdom” and he would prophesy that God would make us “billionaires”. We were at least 5,000 people in the church, how was it possible for all of us to be billionaires? The United States has the highest population of billionaires in the world and they have only 540 of them. How can God raise so many billionaires from a single church and in a country where we do not even produce pencils? Yet, all around me people enthused shouts of “Amen! I receive it!”

Our culture has promoted a mentality that individuals can make huge sums of money irrespective of the political and economic conditions of their country. People have been made to believe that they can extricate themselves from the destiny of their country because, well, their case is different. This sort of weightless individualism being promoted does not find a support structure in our society’s organizing philosophy and therefore opens people up to dubious schemes.

When people have been taught that money can come as a miracle, do not be surprised when they believe virtually anything that turns them to pliable tools in the hands of swindlers.

Online, people see a picture of dollars, luxury cars, or some other markers of prosperity on a parody account of a popular preacher. To the image is appended a prayer that those “blessings” can be theirs and their eyes water at the possibility. Then, they are instructed thus, “If you believe, type Amen” and thousands proceed to do so; poor dupes who are sincerely convinced that there is some magic to merely typing “Amen” to a prayer that offers them what they never worked for.

Our value system has plunged to the point there is an acute disconnect between dignity of labor, hard work, honesty, ethics, and what we now call success; no surprise that young people fall for Ponzi schemes. My friend, a professor in a university, told me how astounded he was to find that his students were also involved in the MMM. They in fact, tried to recruit him. Our joint observation was that the MMM and other Ponzi schemes would do to the educated class what “Okada” did to the culture of apprenticeship in Nigeria – it provided a means of earning quick bucks for poor and struggling youths at the expense of building skill set. Young people who thought spending two or three years learning a trade was tedious and paid less were seduced into the futureless career of riding motorcycles for a living.

Today, Nigeria’s building contractors have had to travel as far as Benin Republic to find capable artisan workers. In some years’ time, classrooms in our tertiary institutions would have abdicated their hallow and noble responsibility to nurture the nation’s intellectual class and turned to recruiting centers for Ponzi schemes. Why not? You have lawmakers and Pentecostal pastors who use the social media to unabashedly flaunt their sports cars which they drive on cratered Nigerian roads without being hit by a sense of irony. Their audience take note and conclude that certain kinds of superlative possibilities exist; they only need to find their share.

Yes, I understand the vulnerability of unlettered people who fall into the hands of fraudsters who, for instance, ask for their ATM PINs. What I do not understand is how people who can use the Internet to educate themselves can believe that a scheme that turns over at the rate of 30 per cent monthly is legitimate. On the MMM website, you are asked to type an amount into “Happiness calculator” which links to a webpage where you see a chart of your money as it multiplies. If you type in N5,000, “Happiness calculator” shows it can go up as much as N100,000 plus in 12 months. If you are the greedy type, you will add a couple of more zeroes to your N5,000 and begin to salivate when “Happiness calculator” multiplies it beyond your expectation. If you are the Obierika character in Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart, the kind of person who thinks about things, you would question that kind of an unregulated enterprise that promises so much in such a short time.

In truth, we can blame the state of our country and the very constricted chances people have to access routes of prosperity they are aware exist elsewhere. For instance, Pentecostal Christians call themselves “kingdom investors” and when they put their money in dubious projects like the MMM too, they carry over the same register of enterprise and declare themselves “investors.” Their choice of vocabulary suggests a longing to put their money in savings portfolios and build their financial future like is done in stable economies. But when there is a lack in the society, churches and other Ponzi schemes rise and fill the gap. They give people chances to be called “investors” and those poor folks expend all manner of irrational arguments to legitimize those schemes.

One of the many things I found ironical about the MMM is the Marxist bent of their “ideology” pasted on their website. They argue that many people will work but will never amount to anything because the financial system of the world itself runs like a Ponzi scheme. On this note, they have a point but their truth is so overstretched it snaps like a rubber band. Modern banking systems, for instance, may run like a pyramid scheme but they are regulated, they do not offer outlandish profits, and they make legitimate business investments. They are not perfect but they are far more transparent than the MMM. For all the MMM’s raves and rants against the enslaving financial systems of this world and their destruction of people at the bottom to sustain the wealth of those at the top, it does not urge them to overthrow their oppressors. Instead, it merely offers them schemes that encourage them to join the party.
beautiful piece.... Every bit true
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by princeforte777(m): 8:51am On Jan 23, 2017
cryLet me just tell the participants of this mmm that the so called mmm has been crashed: reason is that no one will like to invest any longer
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Phi001(m): 9:10am On Jan 23, 2017
Laple0541:

I beg, wetin be HYIP?
High Yield Investment Programs...

Another form of ponzi scam...

1 Like

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Phi001(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2017
deolu2000:

na lie....
I don't think you know what HYIP is...
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by adeniyi65(m): 9:17am On Jan 23, 2017
GuiderJames:

GO to seun of nairaland and cry

Blame Nairaland they are responsible for your loss or delayed payment

MMM came with intensions to start well but nairaland and all the paid media who have been paid to ruin MMM should be blamed

By Now You guys should locate seun and all this forum Moderators to cry and yell at their Heads

Nairaland and other media care less of if you loss or how you feel as long as they get paid to by some people to ruin MMM you are Not their business

So please locate seun and nairaland and yell at them....
see reasoning!!

1 Like

Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by Bryan12(m): 9:30am On Jan 23, 2017
omolorlarh:

thank you for doing that but we need to see a proof biko
I didnt say I have provided help.I said I ve been matched to provide help.would you do that if it were you?
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by mechanics(m): 9:53am On Jan 23, 2017
neoapocalypse:

I know someone who invested 8m
wow, dats serious n people are saying there is recession.
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by mechanics(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2017
JoshMedia:
Where you pick am?
na for this site na
Re: MMM Participants Protest Unpaid Investments In Delta by aku626(m): 10:04am On Jan 23, 2017
you know i have lost hope about this thing but i got paired today although a negligible fraction of what I want but its something and if I get it I would ph something too to be fair. Nobody is owing us but us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Want To Withdraw From My Pension Fund Account! / Why I Think MMM Is Not A "Helping" Scheme / Bamise Ajetunmobi & Wife Elizabeth Accused Of Fleeing With ₦22Bn Investors Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.