Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:24 AM

Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) (2200 Views)

Ambode For Second Term Pure Water (Pictured) / Lagos Ndigbo Endorse Ambode For 2nd Term / Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
I was doubtful at first of this project, as I thought it would be riddled with chaos (as it still sometimes is), but for the most part, this has been a well thought out and smoothly executed project.

Being a critic, in line with my civic duty however, I must say that more still needs to be done if we indeed are intending on heading towards first world status (at least in the little things, like roads).

I'd like to see clear lane markings all through out that road and quite frankly, throughout all roads. With this, we would be able to have STANDARDIZATION, in the sense that our road rules would make a whole lot more sense, if we all knew for instance that, white lane markings can be crossed over, but not yellow lane markings and so on. It would also greatly improve safety on the roads as road users would clearly be able to see were their cars are in relation to their lanes. Far too often, you'd find that lane markings become faded and are abandoned, even on important roads such as Lekki Epe that is even tolled. This should not be the case as either the markings should be done with quality materials in the first place, or be placed on a revolving contract to be touched up every so often.

I'd also like to see better enforcement, especially lane enforcement, were motorists are pulled over for not driving within a lane for a prolonged period of time, thereby causing an obstruction and this could also be indicative of drunk and/or reckless driving. I do understand however that this falls out of the "jurisdiction" of the Lagos government, as enforcement lies squarely on the shoulders of the Federal Government; an aberration that still persists.

All in all, good job to Ambode! Please do not relent now or in the future.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by Shollyjay90(m): 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
In Case
Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
pic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2017

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
night

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by Oasis007(m): 10:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
grin

A Thread was created to condemn Lagos as an overhyped State. I think they are simply pained because of the developments happening all around the State!

They are expected Ambode to be a huge Failure since they massively voted against him! Alas.....!!!! They are disappointed with his Achievements so far and still more to come!

Some People are best ignored than engaging in a fruitless Discourse..... because they are best described as Enemies of Progress!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by ritababe(f): 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
nice one
Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by DRISKLEF(m): 11:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
Oasis007:
grin

A Thread was created to condemn Lagos as an overhyped State. I think they are simply pained because of the developments happening all around the State!

They are expected Ambode to be a huge Failure since they massively voted against him! Alas.....!!!! They are disappointed with his Achievements so far and still more to come!

Some People are best ignored than engaging in a fruitless Discourse..... because they are best described as Enemies of Progress!

Lagos state is rich enough for even the worst governor to atleast perform something tangible. Though Ambode has scored above average, no doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by devilson(m): 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
s.west lead others follow.

ambode keep up with the good work,no wonder some people keep shouting is no man's land when there region would never develop.they hate the same Lagos they keep calling there fathers land to the extent that they were claiming Lagos is overrated.

afonja leads others follow.

I no mention tribe oh

6 Likes

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by mykeljosef: 11:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
the only working governor

Eko oni baje ooo
Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by quiverfull(m): 12:02am On Jan 23, 2017
I must confess, I was very sceptical, but Ambode has genuinely impressed me. He's gone about his work quietly and efficiently without the media razzmatazz of Fashola.
Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by tollyboy5(m): 12:25am On Jan 23, 2017
mykeljosef:
the only working governor

Eko oni baje ooo
first let me thank God for development of my region in Lagos. and some one opened another thread saying Lagos is overhyped and they have the largest 2017 budget largest IGR

2 Likes

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
quiverfull:
I must confess, I was very sceptical, but Ambode has genuinely impressed me. He's gone about his work quietly and efficiently without the media razzmatazz of Fashola.

That's exactly what I've been thinking, without all the media hullabaloo by Fash. Although when Ambode first started, he was flirting with the media as well.
Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
lets not make this about tribalism and give credit to whom credit is due.

even though I may not support one Nigeria myself, I have to give credit to Lagos gov for it's progressive strides thus far.
Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by dealslip(f): 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
quiverfull:

I was very skeptical too. I campaigned against this man, Ambode, but since last year I have recanted every word I spoke against him and eaten up all my words. He not only works, he does it with speed. Fashola engaged in a lot of showmanship, Lagos is indeed blessed. Ambode is the man for the job, I give him 60%, he works quietly, we are really enjoying him in the Lekki Axis.
Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by omowolewa: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
Great one from Amobode, if LG chairmen were to be working like this, Lagos would have felt the more and evenly.
Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
According to my constant monitoring of Google Maps, traffic on this stretch has greatly improved.

Job well done.

1 Like

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by ba7man(m): 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
DRISKLEF:

Lagos state is rich enough for even the worst governor to atleast perform something tangible. Though Ambode has scored above average, no doubt.
Is Lagos as rich as Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa-Ibom or Rivers State?

Despite most of them having less than 1/2 the population of Lagos and far less urban and developed areas to maintain.

4 Likes

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by BigIyanga: 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2017
How about working and finishing it beyond Ajah?

1 Like

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
BigIyanga:
How about working and finishing it beyond Ajah?

Haven't been to Ajah recently, hopefully they carry on this fast pace in completing that section.
Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by OkutaNla: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
DRISKLEF:

Poppycock. The Lagos of today did not get to where it is by happenstance. It took focused, deliberate and quality leadership to steer its ship to its present standing. Pre-1999 Lagos was bankrupt and a cesspit of under achievement and below par performance under the military. It took quality leadership to see and harness its potential, create a new vision for her and breath new life to her decaying infrastructure after it was abandoned as federal capital as far back as 1991. It was that leadership that innovatively raised its annual IGR from a paltry N15-billion in 1999 to the current N300-billion. No 'worst/mediocre governor' could have attained anything close to those feats, else the Niger-Delta would be on par with the likes of Dubai. #Fact

5 Likes

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by rlauncher(m): 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
DRISKLEF:

Lagos state is rich enough for even the worst governor ti io atleast perform something tangible. Though Ambode has scored above average, no doubt.

You are damn wrong!

Honest leadership is what is responsible for infrastructural success in Lagos. If you are in doubt, ask what Niger- Delta leaders did with their huge allocations inspire of their low populations.

7 Likes

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by rlauncher(m): 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
ba7man:
Is Lagos as rich as Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa-Ibom or Rivers State?

Despite most of them having less than 1/2 the population of Lagos and far less urban and developed areas to maintain.

Some states with less than 10% of Lagos population, but budgeting at least one-third of The budjet of Lagos especially during Obasanjo era have nothing to show for it today because of bad leadership.

The sad thing about it is that the most citizens of these states will do anything to prevent their corrupt leaders from prosecution while at the same time beefing Lagos for it's success.

Cry about your corrupt leaders and leave Lagos alone. angry

2 Likes

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by bkool7(m): 6:54pm On Feb 14, 2017
À wise man once said nothing so i have nothing to say You fellas are already doing justice to the. tread
Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
Current traffic improvement referencing Google maps.

Time stamp : 12:03pm.

Green indicates free flowing traffic.

Yellow indicates a bit of a slow down, but not bad.

Red indicates a slow down and a delay.

Dark Red indicates a very bad slow down, bumper to bumper traffic.

Re: Props To Ambode For The Fast Work On Lekki Epe Expressway (pics Included) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
DRISKLEF:

So tell me why Bayelsa with just EIGHT local governments is owing workers and pensioners despite the NORMAL ALLOCATIONS, 13% DERIVATION, taxes from IOCs and other IGR. Good governance is not by the quantity of resources you have but by the quantity of the discipline you have

Hatred will not kill you RED MUDDERS, if it were Obiano or Ikpeazu, you would not say the trash you spewed out.

You are only pained because it's an Afonja state with an Afonja man.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The North Scared Of Restructuring? / HEALTH RUMOUR : SEE What Gov. Ikpeazu Was Spotted Doing Today (Photos) / Benin Counts The Cost After Nigeria Shutters Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.