Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) (58067 Views)

Iroko Tree Bursts Into Fire Itself In Lagos (Photo) / Boy Begging A Lady That Carries Oxygen To Survive, Burst Into Tears (Pics) / Massive Queue At Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Ishilove: 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jeeze...so we now have professional wailers?? shocked

Betty Irabor, wife of Sunny Irabor and a reappearing young wailer. grin

I have lived in Lagos all my life and I thought I have seen it all, but this one is off da shizzle. undecided

38 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lmao. .

Maybe he lost the money AGAIN.... grin grin

598 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Ishilove: 1:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
A neatly dressed kid, about 10 years of age shyly approached me in Opebi. He told me his mother left home without cooking and he was hungry.

I felt moved by his story and gave him N200 to go and buy food. He thanked me and left.

About an hour later, I saw the same boy 'shyly' approaching another fellow, a dude this time.

The man gave him N500. By the time I left the area he had approached some others who also gave him money.

Our children are now expert con artists.

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
there's nothing as painful as loosing proceeds gotten from hard labour.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by ladyF(f): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hehehe.... Maybe he lost the money you gave him at Onikan grin

These beggars make more money than some people with legit hustles. angry

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
there's nothing as painful as loosing proceeds gotten from hard labour. :-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Ishilove: 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
DDeliverer:
Lmao. .

Maybe he lost the money AGAIN.... grin grin
How many times a day will he lose money? In this recession era undecided

You go fear hustle cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Ishilove: 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
ladyF:
Hehehe.... Maybe he lost the money you gave him at Onikan grin

These beggars make more money than some people with legit hustles. angry
As in ehn angry

13 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by ritababe(f): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
too many scammers in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
lol

There is also one guy at Ikeja underbridge that his ATM never works and is always going to "ojodu"...his line always starts with "Wow i love your dressing,are you a student or an artist?" grin grin

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Ishilove: 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
lol

There is also one guy at Ikeja underbridge that his ATM never works and is always going to "ojodu"...his line always starts with "Wow i love your dressing,are you a student or an artist?" grin grin
God knows I never pay attention to those fine bara

7 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
Some people have no shame... For Godsake, how is he able to fake those tears everyday?

The sad part is they now use their kids as as extortion tool. That was how one kid around age eleven approached me some days ago, she said "mummy ni ke shanu wa, a o ti jeun lataaro( mum said you should have pity on us, we've not eaten since morning)" I looked back and saw the mother with two younger children making the 'pleading' gesture. I was so embarrassed, I just did my best and moved on. Different thoughts kept running through my mind.

Could those kids be her children?
Are they really in dire need?
What does the future hold for those kids?
Why can't she work?

11 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ishilove:

How many times a day will he lose money? In this recession era undecided

You go fear hustle cheesy

9ja economy don die finish....and man must survive. cry
Begging is better than stealing..

6 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Mouthgag: 2:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
Osus grin

He is a professional grin
Next time you see him, get the thief arrested immediately!
We need sanity in Lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
shocked
No.

It is the state of the country making that young man wail ma.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ishilove:

God knows I never pay attention to those fine bara

It's annoying seeing able bodied dudes resort to begging.

2 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:
Some people have no shame... For Godsake, how is he able to fake those tears everyday?

Hahahahaha dude should be in Nollywood

2 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
The bad side of this is that, more people (myself inclusive) will become cold to those who approach them to beg.
It seems the safest thing for those who want to give is to locate an orphanage home.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by FemiEddy(m): 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
lmao
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 2:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Hahahahaha dude should be in Nollywood

Asin ehn.. But the truth is Nigerians are getting lazier by the day. We are now engaging in dubious means to make money.. Just look at how many Nigerians MMM, megawealth, pennywise duped. Look at how many of our youths engage in fraudulent activities. I get an average of four fraudulent sms per month, asking me to upgrade my BVN in other to unblock my ATM card. For God sake, I don't even use one.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by BoleAndFish: 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
Wawu. This is all shades of wrong. He's too young for this. Hope to meet him soon to talk to him and change his mindset.
He must have had a very bad hurting experience (maybe lost his parents) which he harnesses to take advantage of people's compassion.

There's one dirty looking young girl I believe should be in her early or mid twenties. You'll always see her backing a baby around kpako bus stop, Dopemu begging for transport every single day. Sigh

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

Asin ehn.. But the truth is Nigerians are getting lazier by the day. We are now engaging in dubious means to make money.. Just look at how many Nigerians MMM, megawealth, pennywise duped. Look at how many of our youths engage in fraudulent activities. I get an average of four fraudulent sms per month, asking me to upgrade my BVN in other to unblock my ATM card. For God sake, I don't even use one.

.... and then we wonder why the Country is the way it is

3 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 2:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

.... and then we wonder why the Country is the way it is
Truth be told, I don't see anyway forward.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

Truth be told, I don't see anyway forward.

Lol there isn't bro..... the rot has eaten waaaay too deep.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Lol there isn't bro..... the rot has eaten waaaay too deep.
I hope to live and come back when we have a better country
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

I hope to live and come back when we have a better country

WHEN I leave,I ain't coming back

8 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by xynerise: 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
That was his branch office grin

7 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

WHEN I leave,I ain't coming back
Haha shocked kilode? No place like home.. BTW, the country will need us then.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Ishilove: 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

Is Ultimate Cycler still active? I hear you get 40% embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

Haha shocked kilode? No place like home.. BTW, the country will need us then.

Anywhere I am and I'm comfortable is my home...Country will need us for what?

5 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Anywhere I am and I'm comfortable is my home...Country will need us for what?
¥

Hahaha, I can't laugh abeg.. Bro, you and I might be needed at the helm of affairs in this country someday. The fate of the country might lie in our hands. We have to come back. We are Nigerians.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ishilove:

Is Ultimate Cycler still active? I hear you get 40% embarassed
I smell sarcasm in your question.. Well I don't know who/what ultimate cycler is.. cheesy you can ask the tosyne2much, saw it on his siggy sometime ago

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Ending For Adekunle Adebisi, My #Madeofblack Hero / How To Keep Your Home From Snake This Raining Season / Today In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.