Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) (58099 Views)

Iroko Tree Bursts Into Fire Itself In Lagos (Photo) / Boy Begging A Lady That Carries Oxygen To Survive, Burst Into Tears (Pics) / Massive Queue At Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by kenoz(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
LMAO
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by lovat(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
there's nothing as painful as loosing proceeds gotten from hard labour.
wow
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by samsam2019: 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
This is very common here in Ibadan. Little kids will walk up to you in the traffic crying that they lost the money of the goods they were hawking. You give them money and they will cry to another person

All Na format cheesy
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by netflicks(m): 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
Dis guy is a pro, the tears are so real.. grin
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by whizcartel(m): 6:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
They are everywhere in Lagos.

I can remember two experiences.

First was along Funsho Williams avenue. Two guys saw me walking towards them, before I passed them, one of the drew my attention.

He told me they were going to fadeyi and they have no money on them. so I gave them enough to take them there.

Fast forward to like three weeks later. This same guys met me, one the same Funsho Williams avenue and they still told me the same cock and bull story. I just laughed and told them I ain't gat none. They were kinda smart too because you they switched this time, thinking I won't remember their faces.

The Second one was in C. M. S. A well spoken man approached me in a bus Going to the mainland. He kinda was well dressed too. He told me he doesn't have money to pay for his "t-fare"to Obalende. So I gave him.

The next day this same man met me in the same C. M. S. And he told me another cool story... Omo I change am for am o!

What they also do now. Is that, they will get on the bus with you, and form like they have lost their money, then they will beg you to pay for them. They are all over Mushin and Oyingbo. Some Lagosians Ehn.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Olanna45(f): 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
lomaxbien:
November 2015, a man approached me and begged for money to eat...i gave him N500.
30 minutes later I went to a bar with some of my friends...i met him at the same bar with a cold bottle of Goldberg and a plate of asun (goat meat)...i almost fainted.
angry
He is eating of course. were you expecting him to go and soak garri..lol

2 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by XaintJoel20: 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2017
xynerise:
That was his branch office grin

You nailed it...
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
tosyne2much:
My siggy ke? shocked
I see am there that time o..
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Burgerlomo:

Yep, you're damn right we are all Nigerians and there is no place like home, but the security situation in the Country is one of the major concerns for some people that refuse to come till things get better by the grace of God.

Well said bro.. Well said..
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by SalomonKane: 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ishilove:
Jeeze...so we now have professional wailers?? shocked

Betty Irabor, wife of Sunny Irabor and a reappearing young wailer. grin

I have lived in Lagos all my life and I thought I have seen it all, but this one is off da shizzle. undecided
Have you heard the song "Alaye double your hustle?".
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by eezeribe(m): 6:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
there's nothing as painful as loosing proceeds gotten from hard labour.

Read the story very well and the twitter comments
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Meanwhile countries wey no carry God for head like us dey prosper.
Lol.. You are right tho
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by ahahnow: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
This boy is a professional con artisit. He will make it into the government. He will even become President one day.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Roseey0(f): 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
A woman at Mile 2 will equally approach you with his cute son asking for tfare to cms, that she was robbed and had to beg to get tfare home.
The son will be giving you helpless eye. All na scam.

I pity the woman Cos she doesn't know the magnitude of what she is planting in that young boy's head.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
creativity .....beggars turning pro
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

Lol.. You are right tho

It's one of the reasons I say there is no hope
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by lele007: 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
As I was reading the comments I recalled ...I have seen this pro wailer at the Dodan Barracks end of Ahmadu Bello Way.

Wow.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Ugosample(m): 7:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
dominique:
He's definitely working for someone, he probly has a target he has to deliver to his boss on a daily basis.

Now this kind of fraud does not surprise me, it has been in existence for over a decade just that now they're involving children. During my undergraduate days (first year), there was this fat woman that we ran into our lecture hall wailing that her son (who is also a student) is terribly sick at the school health center and she has spent all the money on her and he's dying. You need to see the big big denominations flying towards her direction. We were over a hundred in that hall and almost everybody dropped something. Fast forward a few months later (second year), I was in engineering lecture thearter with some friends only to see this same woman again, same cloth same story shocked. As usual, people jumped and dropped huge amounts of cash. I was only able to stop those around me, one guy didn't even believe me and he ran forward to donate N500. During my final year, this woman came again to my faulty with the same sob story angry. Good thing I wasn't the only one that recognised her, most of us just remained on our seats and watched her perform film show. Anyone that attended UNILAG around 2003 to 2008 must have encountered this woman at least once.

Some people can't make an honest naira even if their lives depend on it.

Lol
I knew it was unilag...

Dem plenty back then, and dem still plenty till tomorrow
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by mrtegation99(m): 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
ladyF:
Hehehe.... Maybe he lost the money you gave him at Onikan grin

These beggars make more money than some people with legit hustles. angry

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

you can think sha
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Ishilove: 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
SalomonKane:
Have you heard the song "Alaye double your hustle?".
No be for my head dem go double hustle
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by coldFLARES1(m): 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
DDeliverer:
Lmao. .

Maybe he lost the money AGAIN.... grin grin
You got me laughing mehn! Even children are quite criminally smart these days.

Had a similar experience way back at the Choba Campus of Uniport. Wanted to get fruits at the gate one sunny afternoon, from my Hall of Residence when I saw two boys (the elder could not have been more than 9 years old) crying close to an area they claimed they tripped and burst almost all the satchet of pure water they were supposed to go sell.

Moved by their tears, I did a count and paid for all their loss and asked them to go restock if they wished. Surprisingly, on my way back, about 10 mins later, at the same spot, I saw them again putting up same sham.

Fortunately for them, they recognized me from a distance and bolted before I could reach them. I was really shocked!

Sad thing is, with a horde of professional beggars littering our public space, it becomes pretty difficult to good to all manner of people as the Bible admonishes.

Na Lagos you want talk about, you go fear levels for begging!

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JKisOK(m): 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
Please, follow this link and help this little girl who is gripped in a life-and-death battle.

https://www.nairaland.com/3585795/sos-11-year-old-temitope-needs#53067562
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by montezz(f): 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Lol there isn't bro..... the rot has eaten waaaay too deep.
Gbam!
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Joshrob(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
ritababe:
too many scammers in Nigeria.
like you.. tongue
ritababe:
too many scammers in Nigeria.
like you..
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by NevetsIbot(m): 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ishilove:
Jeeze...so we now have professional wailers?? shocked

Betty Irabor, wife of Sunny Irabor and a reappearing young wailer. grin

I have lived in Lagos all my life and I thought I have seen it all, but this one is off da shizzle. undecided
One kid around 11yrs still begged me for money today. Almost all kids in Ondo have been doing this to make more money nd add to the ammnt their parents gave em.

"egbon, pls, ten naira for biro, pure water, pencil, eraser, money for socks''... One particular kid askd me money for those things 4 diff times.

A woman having twins too, around age 2 would go around asking for money to buy food for her twins... One fat woman at yaba with a baby too begs like hell..... Very agile n strong women..... If they sell purewater at a car park, they'll make good money.

Some men do it here too.... Minus those ever available northern beggars.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by tosyne2much(m): 8:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

I see am there that time o..
I have never put up such a siggy before bro cool
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
tosyne2much:
I have never put up such a siggy before bro cool
oh I'm sorry, deeply sorry bro..

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by SalomonKane: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ishilove:

No be for my head dem go double hustle
Nobody smart pass. smiley
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by ritababe(f): 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
Joshrob:

like you.. tongue
like you..
Joshua my love grin
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by 4everGrand(m): 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
Yes o.

I know of one professional kid wailer along ikorodu road. There were sightings of this aberration around Anthony busstop and Onipan bus stop sometime last year.

These are kids who would become the Aninis of tomorrow if care is not taken.

It is well with Nigeria...go and become a card carrying member of a political party.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by melvin0004(m): 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ishilove:
A neatly dressed kid, about 10 years of age shyly approached me in Opebi. He told me his mother left home without cooking and he was hungry.

I felt moved by his story and gave him N200 to go and buy food. He thanked me and left.

About an hour later, I saw the same boy 'shyly' approaching another fellow, a dude this time.

The man gave him N500. By the time I left the area he had approached some others who also gave him money.

Our children are now expert con artists.
Blame buhari........
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by goodnews777: 10:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
It's not about money only. That kid is possessed and spiritually it's not beneficial to give to him . Infact it's diabolical deception. My advise is stay away from him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Ending For Adekunle Adebisi, My #Madeofblack Hero / How To Keep Your Home From Snake This Raining Season / Origin: Who Is The Brain Behind #10YearsChallenge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.