Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Nigerian Banks Can Finance Power Sector, Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Banks Can Finance Power Sector, Sanusi (682 Views)

House Of Reps Kick Against N390bn Bond To Finance Power Sector / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Banks Can Finance Power Sector, Sanusi by transformR: 11:57am On Nov 29, 2009
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has assured that the capitalised Nigerian commercial banks have the capacity to fund investments in the country's power sector. Experts estimate that about $80.77 billion in every five years, and about $16.15 billion yearly. And for the vision of making the country one of the top 20 economies by 2020 to be realized, business leaders say there is need to invest huge funds in the sector which government alone cannot provide.

"Government alone cannot provide this funding. The private sector must play a central role in mobilising the required funding, hence the role of the financial institutions here cannot be overemphasised." Sanusi spoke on "The Role of Banks in the Financing of Power Projects in Nigeria," in a paper presented on his behalf by C.M. Anyanwu, deputy director, real sector division of CBN, in Port Harcourt.

source:   http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6433:nigerian-banks-can-finance-power-sector-sanusi&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

(1) (Reply)

Nba President, Akeredolu In N11.3m Scandal / Nigerian Democracy Has Come Of Age On The Brink Of Breaking A World Record ! / Anambra Poll Will Determine Nigeria’s Future – Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.