Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,064 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha (42775 Views)

Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government / Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 / Photos Of New Boeing 777-300 Aircraft 'Anuli Peggy Onyema' Acquired By Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Psoul(m): 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
obailala:
You need to ignore some of the rants from these pained souls. The hatred and criticism of the man is more due to partisanship (ApC) than due to his actions/inactions. I can bet you, all of the people rabidly criticising this idea would have fallen over themselves to laud the idea if it was another governor from the zone.

The problem with the politicians in Imo State is that they don't have any other job apart from political employment. So any group that is out of power will keep criticizing those in power till dey pull them out of the sit.

They do this because they have no other job, so they will remain hungry for the period the ruling party is on seat. Imo Politicians, go get yourselves good paying job/business so that if u lose out, you go back to ur individual business and strategize for next election.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by texazzpete(m): 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
How will this provide 'massive employment'?
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Duru009(m): 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
Is it IMO Air or Dana Air.. ....

Another "white elephant project "
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by EKOBIZ: 3:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
This man has sold his faulty private jet to us, to cover up his loot. That was why he said we are owing him billions of naira.
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Xano(m): 3:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
Psoul:
Please I have one question for all the ppl that keep slamming Imo State Governor for every action he takes in the State. I may not be his fan. I am not even from the State. My question to you is:

What will you do differently from what Gov. Rochas Okorocha is presently doing in Imo State. What will be your own wonderful line of action to move the state forward and make Imo Citizenry happy?

Hmmm...I'm not of the state, but I've been there a number of times.
Plan and visit the state(few times), you would understand the anger in the posts you've read.
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Sayelabola(m): 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
drnoel:

Smh

1 Like

Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
dana air somtin, umm
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Chijosky(m): 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
Please what of Abia State
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
ur people are suffering, no jobs, no food in the land yet a stupid governor is operating an airline that most IMO citizens will never in their life time enter. just another revenue to siphone money . Okorocha the thief
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by NemzySeries(m): 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
adwem2003:
WHAT YEAR IS THE PLANE?
1979 Boeing 717
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by sfinkzslot(m): 5:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
this man is investing in Dana Air, I pity IMO state o
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by ujoatu(m): 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
IMO – AIR, INAUGURATED, WITH MAIDEN FLIGHT LANDING AT SAM MBAKWE CARGO AIR-PORT
- AS GOVERNOR OKOROCHA SAYS IMO NOT AFFECTED BY RECESSION

A maiden flight of Imo Air owned by the Imo State Government, Tuesday, January 24, 2017 landed at the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport Owerri with the first set of passengers, and with the State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, members of the State Executive Council and thousands of Imo people at the airport to celebrate the feat.

The 140-Seater plane with Imo Air written boldly on the body landed at the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport FROM LAGOS at exactly 11.42 pm, and is being operated for the State by DANA Airline because according to the governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha the State has not got the license to operate full – blown airline.

In his speech at the Airport to herald the arrival of the Maiden Imo Air, Governor Rochas Okorocha said it has been his dream and sincere desire to position Imo State on the fast lane of development, prosperity and growth, adding that he won’t rest on his oars until that dream is realized.

Governor Okorocha also said that Imo is not affected by the much-talked about recession in the Country because some people might wonder why the State should dabble into Airline business in time of recession explaining that the State has cleared arrears of Pension and has paid Salaries upto December 2016, and is about to commence the payment of January Salary.

His words, “this is a happy moment in the State. The aim of going into the Air business is because I want to drive traffic to Imo State as Imo is genuinely becoming the fastest developing City outside Abuja and Lagos. For this, there is need for more airlines to cushion the effects of high traffic coming to the State”.

The governor continued “Imo government does not have an operating air license. So we needed to partner with a good and qualified airline operator. Hence, the choice of DANA Air because of its proven track record and sincerity of purpose. The Imo Air will be operated by DANA and we have a contract of ten years with them. We have five of this aircraft and the first one has just landed and four other ones will start operation in few weeks time”.

The governor explained, “The International Cargo Airport will soon kick-start to supplement the efforts of Imo Air. In our pursuit of making Imo better, Imo International Cargo Airport will soon commence operations. Work is going on smoothly and by April God’s willing the fastest International Cargo Plane will arrive Imo State. This, we believe will help drive up commercial activities in the State. Imo is a hub for business and there is no better place to invest now in Nigeria than Imo State as inspite of the recession the State is still flourishing and progressing because of its visionary leadership”.

He informed that Imo Air will have 10% discount to all Imo indigenes flying the Plane and the operation will equally employ over 30% of Imo sons and daughters to help in the management of the Imo Air”.

The DANA AIR Chief Operating Officer, Mr. Mbanuzuo Obi said, “The partnership between DANA and the good people of Imo State will create employment and better working relationship for the State. Imo AIR is in safe hands and the choice of DANA AIR for the partnership is an excellent choice as DANA AIR is registered with INTERNATIONAL AIR TRANSPORT ASSOCIATION operations and security treasuring”.

He added that DANA AIR has the best Customer Service Awards for 3 years running and has also been known to operate one of the top most operational brands in Nigeria. He commended Okorocha for his vision and passion for excellence.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by nkemjacob2(m): 5:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
am seeing dana air ..... wat d level imo state? ...
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by kenoz(m): 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
okay
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Bjergtrolde: 6:36pm On Jan 24, 2017
" A rose by any other name, would smell just as sweet" Anon.

" A turd by any other name, would smell just as rancid" Anon?

" Dana Air by any other name, would be just as rap with C" Bjergtrolde
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Suspense12(m): 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2017
idupaul:
That's not a brand new plane , it's actually a 1984 MD83

Do you the cost of procuring new planes and the number of years you will be on the waiting list before you are actually able to take the delivery.

There is nothing wrong in having a 10year old plane as long as it's still serviceable and in good conditions.
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by drnoel: 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
Sayelabola:

Ur comment that's why
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by ogtavia(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
I guess he approached all major airlines and they refused to be part of the scam. except Dana Air ..which one is Imo Air - Dana Air...hehehe....make e no be wetin I dey think oh.. grin
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by idupaul: 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
Suspense12:

Do you the cost of procuring new planes and the number of years you will be on the waiting list before you are actually able to take the delivery.

There is nothing wrong in having a 10year old plane as long as it's still serviceable and in good conditions.

I wasn't the one that called the plane brand new , I was only correcting the misinformation..That plane wasn't procured, it was taken on wet lease which means Imo state has really no stake in that aircraft except propaganda
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Jessam: 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
You have to give it to Dana , they have found a foolish partner to help them reduce their operating costs, give them free advertising and enjoy the benefits of government officials that can help them lobby at federal level. Nigeria needs to wake up, flush these fools out of power. Instead of him making meaning infrastructure and partnering with meaningful businesses such as commercial farms, IT businesses or factories that will generate income and create employment.

Please let me use this opportunity to introduce jessam Cattle Ranch and Farms.

jessam cattle ranch & farms aims to be a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bid-kzzS5qQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBO2lDwb_qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

()

Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by bencarson007(m): 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
idupaul:
That's not a brand new plane , it's actually a 1984 MD83
grin bros, u are wicked o...u just disgraced Okorocha and his thiefing ways flatly...lolll.
Nice one my guy

1 Like

Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by ofwest47(m): 12:38am On Jan 25, 2017
A well focused and visionary leader our next President after Buhari second term.
See what he also did on education not only in IMO state but also all over the country
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by Psoul(m): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
Xano:

Hmmm...I'm not of the state, but I've been there a number of times.
Plan and visit the state(few times), you would understand the anger in the posts you've read.

My brother, I'm not from the State but i live in Owerri. I understand what is happening. Could u beliv that the opposition became so worst that after constructing a road, some group will come at night and make dangerous damages on the newly constructed roads just to paint the man black. Before u kw it they will take pictures of the areas they damaged and post online and condemn the Governor's effort.

Pls kw it that I am not a politician and do not support any of them, but let us criticize constructively and not destructively.

It was once trending that the Governor used ordinary block to form the pillars of the newly constructed Flyover. And some gullible ones bought that cheap lie.
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by gnykelly(m): 4:41pm On Jan 25, 2017
Kiakia:
I noticed the inscription too. Imo Air, Dana Air all written on the body of the plane. Does the aircraft belong to Imo Air or Dana Air? Is Imo Air a registered company? If Imo wants to own an airline, it should own same wholly. This may be a scam orchestrated to hoodwink Imo people, and in the process, drain the resources of Imo State.

the governor knows his people so well. from the response of people from that state responding from this thread. when he says 'MY PEOPLE MY PEOPLE'. they respond MY GOVERNOR MY GOVERNOR. critical questions like funding, ownership, revenue. are things they worry less about. they care more about state of origin. and bragging rights.

if you ask me I think the governor WINS.
Re: Photos Of 'Imo Air' Acquired By Okorocha by gnykelly(m): 4:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
Jessam:
You have to give it to Dana , they have found a foolish partner to help them reduce their operating costs, give them free advertising and enjoy the benefits of government officials that can help them lobby at federal level. Nigeria needs to wake up, flush these fools out of power. Instead of him making meaning infrastructure and partnering with meaningful businesses such as commercial farms, IT businesses or factories that will generate income and create employment.

Please let me use this opportunity to introduce jessam Cattle Ranch and Farms.

jessam cattle ranch & farms aims to be a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bid-kzzS5qQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBO2lDwb_qI

()

God bless you. please take care of your worker as humanly possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Ore-lagos Express Way, 8 People Confirmed Dead (photos) / Chain Reaction Accident Hit Truck, Cars At Dolphins - Osborne Road, Ikoyi Lagos / 350ft Tall Artificial Waterfall On The Outside Of A Skyscraper In China(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.