Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees (16718 Views)

Universities Awarding Degrees In Less Than 6 Months, PhD Below 1 Year - NUC / UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands / UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by FearFactor1: 9:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hmmm
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Rapmaestro(m): 9:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
Depreacherman:
Nice one! Some school has demons as lecturers!
dem dey unilag too.. Na just God o
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Seunpaul01(m): 9:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
baum1:

Many, many people...Some are in some of the best universities in the world. Some have graduated and a doing really well, though not billionaires..There is even one that I am working with right now. As we speak, many of the western university researchers want to supervise her for her PhD...They are lining to interview her..

I have seen what great grades with God's blessings can do..So bro, that your line is not realistic. Though it doesn't mean that if one does not have a first one won't make it in life, but it surely simplifies thing...And by having a first, I loosely assume the person is also very good or exceptional.

But you can agree with me that it is not all that make first class that worth it. Also it doesn't work for everybody, I don't think they all want to interview her mainly because of her first class but maybe she got problems solving ideas.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by tillaman(m): 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
Congrats to the ones that earned it
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by baum1: 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
Seunpaul01:

But you can agree with me that it is not all that make first class that worth it. Also it doesn't work for everybody, I don't think they all want to interview her mainly because of her first class but maybe she got problems solving ideas.

Bro, I won't talk outside of what I know. The first class people I know, and I know many of them because I was lucky to get the same opportunities they got even though I am not first class, they are sharp people and possess the good problem-solving skills you spoke about.

Yeah, the young chick is sound.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by sinaj(f): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
MyPWisINCORRECT:
While Uniport dey crash destinies of ladies and gentlemen with thirdy and pass.

First Semester Year 1 Result: EFE FEED EFE
lwkmd grin

Uniport no get joy sha grin
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by killsmith(f): 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2017
MyPWisINCORRECT:

lol..trust uniport, in your third year, you'd be like..."shey make I just kukuma dropout?"
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by legendsilver(m): 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
hello guys, join me to thank God o. I am graduating as a Master degree graduate.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Businessideas: 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
MyPWisINCORRECT:

Sincerely, most first rate O'level of UTME candidates don't chose schools like Uniport which may account for the pervasive failure. Even the university cutoff mark and it's location among educationally backward communities don't help matters. Failure in uniport is not because the school is competitive in admission or academia.
Our former president with his uniport awarded First, Second and PhD degrees yet his legacy of unimpressive intellectual acumen remains the saddest proof of Uniport's low standard.
My advice to most Uniport students or graduate is to find a first generation university like Unilag to do their Postgraduate so employers will take them seriously

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Seunpaul01(m): 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
baum1:

Bro, I won't talk outside of what I know. The first class people I know, and I know many of them because I was lucky to get the same opportunities they got even though I am not first class, they are sharp people and possess the good problem-solving skills you spoke about.

Yeah, the young chick is sound.

I agree with most of them are smart.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Hopiano(m): 9:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ask me how I made #50,000 with #12,500 within a week without referring anybody. You can call me or whatsapp me let's talk... 07035529968. Am just here to inform my friends about this wonderful platform because am being paid whether you join or not, make use of this opportunity now!!!

07035529968 call now.

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by shams040(m): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Congrat to dem. I struggle for dat in oau till my last day bt no way. Dat der destiny Sha.

Bt don't u tnk 2:1 of 3.5 - 3.8 will start faddn?

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by mechanics(m): 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
Wow, those with 2.1 are not much o, for one to ave ordinary pass and degrees nt classified na problm.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Gentlesoul96(m): 10:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
Sometimes I wonder whether 2.1 we still b of value in this economy as result of how people are coming out with first class
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by 4everGrand(m): 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2017
nabegibeg:
231 first class degrees yet dey go turn job seekers

Classic case of bad belle.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by docjuli(m): 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
codelord:
Greatest Akokite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by baum1: 10:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
Gentlesoul96:
Sometimes I wonder whether 2.1 we still b of value in this economy as result of how people are coming out with first class

Are you making that conclusion based on this post? Because comparatively very few people made a first class at unilag in this graduating year.

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
Businessideas:

Sincerely, most first rate O'level of UTME candidates don't chose schools like Uniport which may account for the pervasive failure. Even the university cutoff mark and it's location among educationally backward communities don't help matters. Failure in uniport is not because the school is competitive in admission or academia.
Our former president with his uniport awarded First, Second and PhD degrees yet his legacy of unimpressive intellectual acumen remains the saddest proof of Uniport's low standard.
My advice to most Uniport students or graduate is to find a first generation university like Unilag to do their Postgraduate so employers will take them seriously

na my unique uniport you cast like dis?

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Rhoteabarca(m): 11:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
U are wrong bro. UI is among world's top 1000.

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by doshe39(m): 11:42pm On Jan 24, 2017
Who first class dn epp!How many first class student is employed?
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Temysteve(m): 11:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
donpata:
First class wey no get use. Most of them will be in zoology, history, anthropology etc. Worst thing is the world of the unemployed awaits them. I just dey imagine if it was a private school or state uni that issued that, the kind insults wey go follow ehhh. We wey know say the Fed Unis too na wash. Bringing out first class graduate only good in theory and passing of exams. If it were in the Western nations, companies may probably hook up at least 60% of them. But in naija, many that graduated with 3rd class alongside the former will soon be gainfully employed, leaving behind the 1st class pple.
Are you a 3rd class/ordinary pass student?? However! Nigeria of today dnt need to start searching for a white colar job. Inquired abt business u feel u can excel in, or better still go for handyman.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by dsocioemmy(m): 12:15am On Jan 25, 2017
See them see them!!!...... People doubting it's not possible just because of the wrong mentality we have about education..
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Donmichaelz(m): 12:24am On Jan 25, 2017
If Lautech produced 1000 first class,,Geology will have 1,and he must have had carry overs
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by felaismyhero(m): 12:28am On Jan 25, 2017
231 first class graduates?,hmm,not bad.congrats to them,but dis one wey unilag don produce like 3 graduates with g.p.a of 5.0,haba,na only them waka come
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by felaismyhero(m): 12:31am On Jan 25, 2017
Seunpaul01:

oga,go sit down jare,@baum is rite,for u to produce first class is a great feat,even if d person is a crammer.even cramming requires some measure of intelligence

3 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by soulhighman(m): 12:44am On Jan 25, 2017
slurryeye:
Na so

1st class don cheap pass pure water

You wonder why no Nigerian university dey first 1000 in the world
Get your facts right. University of Ibadan is in the recently released ranking by times higher education.
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2017/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/name/University of Ibadan/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Sibrah: 12:57am On Jan 25, 2017
Statsocial:
231/6000 is fair. It seems most public schools are now realising that its is counterproductive to put a ceiling on the amount of First class grad they churn out each year.
God bless you.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Sibrah: 1:02am On Jan 25, 2017
baum1:

Guy, look at the proportion, not magnitude.

That's about 2% Max, not even up to. It's still very low, compared to the proportion of graduating students that get this type of grade at a random private school or universities abroad.
that's about or almost 4%.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by phenase(m): 1:11am On Jan 25, 2017
What!

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by slurryeye: 2:14am On Jan 25, 2017
soulhighman:

Get your facts right. University of Ibadan is in the recently released ranking by times higher education.
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2017/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/name/University of Ibadan/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc

undecided

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Nobody: 2:45am On Jan 25, 2017
slurryeye:

undecided
This one you just put up is Webometrics ranking not Times Higher Education.
The webometrics and THE measure different indicators-webometrics measure the impact and success of Research journals. THE measures research, Alumni CEOs, Nobel prize winners from a university Alumni/Faculty, Nobel prize employed.
UI is currently on 1300 on webometrics but amongst the first 1000 of THE rankings
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by chomytex(f): 2:52am On Jan 25, 2017
killsmith:
lol..trust uniport, in your third year, you'd be like..."shey make I just kukuma dropout?"
it won't be like that for me IJN!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today / The Oke-ogun Polytechnic (saki) 2016/2017 Admission Processes / Auchi Poly 2016-2017 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.