Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees (16720 Views)

Universities Awarding Degrees In Less Than 6 Months, PhD Below 1 Year - NUC / UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands / UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Isaacmacdon(m): 5:47am On Jan 25, 2017
success1smyn:
ok. haha
I wonder how some ppl reason self. no productive or positive thinking
That's what you get when you let negativity thrive in your heart. I'm really sad that the current situation of this world has left a lot of our youths think very inappropriately and with no atom of reason. The subject of whether education is or isn't the bedrock for a brighter future, is a long and tiring argument I'd never get myself into. I want you to retain the sanctity of your mind, irrespective of anything.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by spinna: 7:06am On Jan 25, 2017
While many were doing runs some were reading their book..and some (few) were balancing the two. University life no be so? See

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7lgHrG0pE
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by success1smyn(m): 8:09am On Jan 25, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
That's what you get when you let negativity thrive in your heart. I'm really sad that the current situation of this world has left a lot of our youths think very inappropriately and with no atom of reason. The subject of whether education is or isn't the bedrock for a brighter future, is a long and tiring argument I'd never get myself into. I want you to retain the sanctity of your mind, irrespective of anything.
10ks

20 gbosa for you Jare

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Gerrard59(m): 8:09am On Jan 25, 2017
slurryeye:

undecided

Webometrics has never been a reputable method to measure a university ranking. It's based on the web traffic of the university not alumni strength, research power, citations, Nobel laureate, Fields Medal, international outlook etc. The most reputable ranking of universities are as follows:

ARWU
QS Rankings
THE Times Education.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by killsmith(f): 8:17am On Jan 25, 2017
chomytex:
it won't be like that for me IJN!
this isn't "in Jesus name" something oooo....you should constantly work hard....

Oh....she's even in MCB....that good and flexing dept....your prayers are already amswered grin
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by shankara7: 8:24am On Jan 25, 2017
baum1:

Guy, look at the proportion, not magnitude.

That's about 2% Max, not even up to. It's still very low, compared to the proportion of graduating students that get this type of grade at a random private school or universities abroad.
Provide evidence or link to prove that schools abroad produce very large number of first class graduates yearly or forever remain silent
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by chomytex(f): 8:48am On Jan 25, 2017
killsmith:
this isn't "in Jesus name" something oooo....you should constantly work hard....

Oh....she's even in MCB....that good and flexing dept....your prayers are already amswered grin
mcb in uniport na flexing dept?
Just come to ofrima n ask.ain't gon argue with u.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by sleem2017(m): 8:56am On Jan 25, 2017
Congrat to those people and kudos to university of lagos for given them the opportunity. But Nigeria education is not encouraging at all because u will see most of those first class graduate on the street looking for job.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 25, 2017
Gerrard59:

Webometrics has never been a reputable method to measure a university ranking. It's based on the web traffic of the university not alumni strength, research power, citations, Nobel laureate, Fields Medal, international outlook etc. The most reputable ranking of universities are as follows:

ARWU
QS Rankings
THE Times Education.
Well there goes the misconception. Webometrics is simply an Academic ranking that seeks to measure the value of research work being carried out in a university. The web traffic has nothing to do with random traffic by ppl visiting a university website. But it measure the quality of the repository. For instance if 40 professors from Harvard and other NA countries were to cite a particular journal from UI(because all journals bear the institution's name and are added to repository) it gives a certain amount of value to that publication and that publication gives value to the 'excellence indicator' of the four indicators that makes up webometric-it is purely academic. Even if the webometric rnk was simply by web visit a university like covenant university with 7,000 students and 2,000 prospective students wouldn't be able to be above OAU or unilorin which as a larger student base and more prospective students visiting their sites. Secondly THE is good but it also has its criticisms, especially when it comes to Alumni, you can correlate the success of Sole Soyinka to his almamater but you can't correlate the success of Donald Trump with his almamater. I agree though that THE is more wholistic than webometrics.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by MissVirginLuna(f): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
slurryeye:
Na so

1st class don cheap pass pure water

You wonder why no Nigerian university dey first 1000 in the world
UI is in the first 600...
Get your facts straight
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by soulhighman(m): 3:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
slurryeye:

undecided

This is not the link I gave you. undecided

Mind you, ranking doesn't come from only one place but THE ranking is one of the most recognized. Even QS ranking included UI last year.
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by killsmith(f): 7:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
chomytex:
mcb in uniport na flexing dept?
Just come to ofrima n ask.ain't gon argue with u.
I finished from ofrima...aeb, PSB and MCB are all piece of cake.... grin
Re: University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees by chomytex(f): 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2017
killsmith:
I finished from ofrima...aeb, PSB and MCB are all piece of cake.... grin
Ok oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today / The Oke-ogun Polytechnic (saki) 2016/2017 Admission Processes / Auchi Poly 2016-2017 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.