Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

The Cry Of Corpers Posted To FUK, Gombe State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Cry Of Corpers Posted To FUK, Gombe State (994 Views)

Check Out This Tipper-load Of Corpers / Corpses Of Corpers Who Drowned In Taraba Sent Back To Their Families. Photo / 9 Types Of Corpers You Meet At NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Cry Of Corpers Posted To FUK, Gombe State by peacenaija(m): 8:37am On Jan 25, 2017
I think it's hightime we did the right thing if the authorities think the wrong thing is the best.. I am writing to tell Nigerians what we are passing through in the hands of the management of Federal university, kashere. I received my posting letter on DEC 14, 2016 in Gombe state Nysc camp nd I was posted with other corp members to FUK to serve our father's land, most of us left the camp immediately to the institution to know our fate if we will be accepted or rejected, fortunately we were all accepted after which we applied for leave in order to get what we need for the service year.. We resumed back to the institution after our break thinking our internal posting will be ready but we were surprised that nothing has been for the past two weeks, Mr Ibrahim who's the officer the in charge said we should keep on checking that the management is busy and the vc is not on seat and we should not be perturbed because they've accepted us already but the vc needs to sanction it and sign. This lingered for more than 3weeks before Mr Ibrahim said we should check on 23rd of January for our internal posting letters but what we got was a real shocker, we got a letter reversing their earlier acceptance of some corp members. They complained that we were too much for them and they can't pay all of us. my question is what are the criteria they used? they dropped all the first class students except one who knows the king of akko and they also accepted HND lower credit and 3rd class over those who met the standards to be posted to an institution and it should be noted that most of them were not posted to the school initially but they got rejection letter from their former ppa and came to the school on request.. some of us even plead to serve without pay because weve already paid for accommodation because the school said no accommodation for corpers but this fell on their deaf ears, they said it's the management decision.. we are all confused and distraught because some of us are yoruba and ibo and we have nobody here in Gombe state and the school has decided to waste our time and refuse to refund our rent, we called the Nysc staffs but they said they have resumed camp..
it still amazed me, if a degree awarding institution will not respect, recognize and do things on merit or first come first serve, then is their future for Nigeria? if a 3rd class and HND lower credit will be accepted over those who had first class and 2'1, then what is the message this institution is passing across? so far they can pay 10k for of the selected 10 corp members, why can't they cut our allowance and share the 100k(10*10k) for the 20 corpers knowing fully well we've settled down and gotten accommodation, why would they accept us from outset when they know they can't pay or should I say the management is not competent enough..
This is what we are passing through right now in kashere, Gombe state and I want the relevant authorities to take action..
mods please move to front page..

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Has Paid Allowee / See The List Of Best States To Serve As NYSC Corp Member / See The List Of Best States To Serve As NYSC Corp Member With Amount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.