Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice (34296 Views)

Why We Shot Bbnaija In South Africa - Multichoice Nigeria / Soma & Marvis Kissing In Bed On Big Brother Naija (Photos/Video) / Why We Are Shooting Big Brother Naija In South Africa-multichoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by BlackMbakara1(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
Rubbish! Tomorrow she want's the Naira to appreciate...bring the Jobs here joor. No wonder Trump said American first! If the show is meant for Nigerians, then host it in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Wallade(m): 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
musicwriter:

Yes, I' am a Russian.

Nigeria has created the atmosphere for foreigners to dominate your TV airwaves. And so shall it be, until you're knowledgeable enough to understand you should be blaming your incompetent government, not Multichoice.

Your advice is noted. Thank you.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by jaido09: 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2017
mccoy47:
I still wonder wen dey would do dat of cote d'Ivoire.
Dat would be BBC!
I'm sure girls would wanna watch that!
Dirty mind...lol
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by musicwriter(m): 1:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
Wallade:

Your advice is noted. Thank you.

Just want to let you know I' am as disappointed as you are about foreigners taking over our TV airwaves. But, if you research "why" (as I have done) you'll understand you should be blaming our government and corruption in public and private sectors, not South Africans.

If you want to create such a show in Nigeria, you'll get no support from anybody. The government would not support you, our TV stations would not support you, the banks would not support you. Nobody!!.

I have planned out a TV show that would change how Africans think, but even if you take it to Lai Mohammed or Buhari they'll despise it. Now, I have to keep it on hold until I have the resources to get it on air myself.

I made some research on how TV programming works in Nigeria, cause I' am planning creating a TV show. See how foreigners control Nigerian TV airwaves https://www.nairaland.com/3576350/how-foreigners-control-nigerian-tv
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
If I was the Minister I will shut down the show from airing on our Naija screen.

The show has no economic, cultural, social or societal impact.

Nonsense

What a sanctimonious, crappy post!!!
angry
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by eazyjakes(m): 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2017
Then stick to ur BBA instead of BBN....d program loses its sense of identity when u do so.....it's more like hosting African Cup of Nations in London!
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by doctorbabs(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2017
What moral or value does the programme add to our life? Nothing.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Akinman: 2:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
What is "Big-Brother";Africa copying the whites since 20BC yet without corresponding technology to show for it...
Wen will Africa Develop?
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Akinman: 2:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
doctorbabs:
What moral or value does the programme add to our life? Nothing.
I don't know for them o; Africa keeps on celebrating mediocrity;
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
repogirl:
Wetin consign Lai Mohammed with Big brother sef. Is like the man doesn't have any tangible thing to do at the moment.
nor min am,he wan dey blow awa galz for thia
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by litaninja(m): 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
Does the entire Nigeria meet international standards? Less talk of building a set with international standards in Nigeria??
Chairman, you can't give what you dont have. Nigeria is not an economically wise location for their thinggy right now. Simple.
Meanwhile bros, in reality, how much of the content on air is produced in Nigeria? Music videos? Adverts? Tv Series?
Why the uproar

Vickysnipe147:
Nigeria is your largest market, and we are the consumers of the product.. Why not build a house that will have all the required features and equipment that meets international standard. not a good reason at all
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by litaninja(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Then create the Nigerian environment. The Nigerian reality show. Pay the Nigerian tax. Use the Nigerian Power supply. Run the Nigerian business. Build the Nigerian economy.
You saw NTA there before you subscribed on a South African cable tv provider to watch a South African created show na.....

Wallade:
That is a flimsy excuse by my standard. You made a business decision to execute and produce that show in South Africa because of the economic and investment returns. You are cheating the Nigerian government, economy, businesses and tax system.

Multichoice and MTN business orientation is to enrich South Africa government and economy at the expense of Nigeria. It is obvious with your business models and operations.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by zeenhle: 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
why are you guys complaining about it being shot in SA.... even your musicians shoot their music videos here.

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Wallade(m): 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
litaninja:
Then create the Nigerian environment. The Nigerian reality show. Pay the Nigerian tax. Use the Nigerian Power supply. Run the Nigerian business. Build the Nigerian economy.
You saw NTA there before you subscribed on a South African cable tv provider to watch a South African created show na.....

You have got quite some problems dude! You seem to be low on comprehension and reasoning abilities. I should not bother to engage you in a discussion on this topic or argue with you.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by aalangel(f): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Is Multichoice not in Nigeria?

You are right! the show is useless

Yea...but the minister can't control what we watch on cable.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by nsilordgmail(m): 4:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Your excuse is unacceptable. Multichoice must be fined like MTN
sore looser...fine this dumbass government first
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by bareal(m): 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
post=53113312]MultiChoice, organisers of the Big Brother Naija Reality TV have explained why they're hosting the show in South Africa.

A statement issued by Caroline Oghuma on behalf of the company, said, “‎We have a fully equipped house in South Africa, which is used for the Big Brother shows.

“This means that we are able to achieve high production values whilst meeting tight timelines and ensuring the show comes to our viewers on time as planned, and with the same globally renowned quality. “

The house has played host to other Big Brother countries including; the general Big Brother Africa, Mozambique, Angola and now Nigeria,’’ the statement quoted Oghuma as saying.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/why-were-hosting-big-brother-naija-in.html

[/quote]

Kai! talk true, na because of Boko Haram and electricity. If those boko boys catch that guy wey dem say him resemble John Cena abi na who self .... grin[quote author=
:
MultiChoice, organisers of the Big Brother Naija Reality TV have explained why they're hosting the show in South Africa.

A statement issued by Caroline Oghuma on behalf of the company, said, “‎We have a fully equipped house in South Africa, which is used for the Big Brother shows.

“This means that we are able to achieve high production values whilst meeting tight timelines and ensuring the show comes to our viewers on time as planned, and with the same globally renowned quality. “

The house has played host to other Big Brother countries including; the general Big Brother Africa, Mozambique, Angola and now Nigeria,’’ the statement quoted Oghuma as saying.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/why-were-hosting-big-brother-naija-in.html

Kai! talk true, na because of Boko Haram and electricity. If those boko boys catch that guy wey dem say him resemble John Cena abi na who self ....
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by freshcvvs: 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nigerian idol is hosted in Nigeria
Nigeria got talent hosted in Nigeria
Project fame hosted in Nigeria
Who wants to be a millionaire hosted in Nigeria

Mtn runs its Nigerian operation within Nigeria

So what exactly is the excuse of that useless show BBN?

They can't host here but can take monies from those who subscribed to watch them from Nigeria?

To me self, only gays, lesbians, idle minds and unproductive set of people watch anything BBN/BBA e.t.c.

People sit for hours watching some people live their lives be it fake or real for 3 good months or more? Na so una lives boring reach?
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by ogasman(m): 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2017
op pls what is bbn
na abbreviation for black berry network

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Coldfeet(f): 4:41pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nonsense

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by btoks: 5:01pm On Jan 25, 2017
eazyjakes:
Then stick to ur BBA instead of BBN....d program loses its sense of identity when u do so.....it's more like hosting African Cup of Nations in London!
You'll be surprised - some NBA and American football games are played in UK.

It's all about commercial value.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by btoks: 5:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
baysol:

Then lets sue them for using Nigeria for exploitative commercial gain by naming a project that add no value what soever to Nigeria as an entity.
Hahaha, Togo will also sue all the Ewa Agoyin sellers in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by willibounce1(m): 5:41pm On Jan 25, 2017
Host it anywhere you like. We don't give two phucks with your arrangee big brother nonsense
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
This big brother naija tin don tire me. Since dey started showing it, my gal no allow me watch TV again. She will watch BBN till d early hours of d day, continue after she closes from work. I am thinking of suspending my dstv account for d main time sef.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
aalangel:

Yea...but the minister can't control what we watch on cable.
The NBC can block any station
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 25, 2017
zeenhle:
why are you guys complaining about it being shot in SA.... even your musicians shoot their music videos here.
90. Percent of their tv ads are shot here in RSA
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by bulgaria(m): 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
This is not a tenable excuse and our govt should sanction them ..how can they be comparing us with Angola and Mozambique and about complaining about the time frame ..this is all about plan..
I think first thing this govt need to do first is to make it compulsory for multi choice to have at least studios in Nigeria ...enough of their extortion here in naija while not caring about making money for the govt in Nigeria
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by aalangel(f): 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The NBC can block any station

They must have shut-up NBC with some powerful venison.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Afamjudeoffor(m): 8:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
I blame Nigerians that subscribe with their hard earned money to watch that trash,its of no economic or moral value to us,rather its just shows random people living fake lives and displaying immorality to win 25million while the people watching pay through their nose to raise the prize money.
in my own opinion,it should be banned from viewing on our airspace.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by decasey(m): 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
Bleep up grin
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by kenyad: 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
[quote author=bulgaria post=53127381]This is not a tenable excuse and our govt should sanction them ..how can they be comparing us with Angola and Mozambique and about complaining about the time frame ..this is all about plan..
I think first thing this govt need to do first is to make it compulsory for multi choice to have at least studios in Nigeria ...enough of their extortion here in naija while not caring about making money for the govt in Nigeria[/quote
My brother, forget story......our politicians and senior civil servants had killed Nigeria. 80% of them have stakes in south Africa by proxy. So what do you expect from south African companies apart from extortion? How did those companies got their hold on our economy? It's because of selfish interest and greed. Do we need shoprite, pep, mrp and others in Nigeria? I always cry for my dear country!!! Nigeria is dead.]

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by litaninja(m): 9:53am On Jan 26, 2017
yimu.
Wallade:

You have got quite some problems dude! You seem to be low on comprehension and reasoning abilities. I should not bother to engage you in a discussion on this topic or argue with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Why Tacha Doesn’t Play ‘Truth Or Dare’ Games – Mercy / BBNaija: Biggie introduces Elozonam & Venita Akpofure As New Housemates (Photos) / Uriel Evicted From Big Brother Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.