Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US (63084 Views)

Breaking News Iran: President Trump Bans All Muslims From Entering United States / Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship / Donald Trump Bans Diego Maradona From Entering US "For Insulting Trump On TV" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by manny4life(m): 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
abbey621:

The above was taken directly from Google and http://www.thisnation.com/question/040.html

Next time you argue online make sure you know what the f**k you are talking about!

Lmao... From the wonderful link you posted, it's a "RULE" or "ORDER" issued to "Executive Branches" NOT the entire U.S. that are subjected to it, having a force of law on executive agencies and NOT binding on the entire U.S. like Obamacare does... Carefully read my post again before spewing gibberish. I asked you, if you claim it's law, why hasn't Obamacare been repealed? I mean Trump and Republicans HATED Obamacare, Trump signed an EO on Friday afternoon he was sworn in: Why hasn't Obamacare been repealed if it's law?

Obamacare is A LAW that affected ALL U.S. States where several republican states litigated all the way to SCOTUS, and IRS was taxed with the responsibility of deducting up to $2,500 for noncompliance. This law affects 300+ million Americans in 50+ states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories. THIS IS A LAW even the Supreme Court upheld it. An Executive Order only affects Executive Agencies of which their main boss is the president. An EO does not affect 300 million + Americans or the 50 + states, or other branches of govt. Next time, read a book, know the difference before you talk rubbish.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by MichaelUweh(m): 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
THE END OF MUSLIM TERRORISM IN THE WORLD film season1.....produced by the lord's chosen PRESIDENT Donald Trump.,..
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nig4Greatness: 6:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
I think trump should take it easy and consult widely on some of the religious and immigration rhetorics he campaigned about because some of his republican conservatives don't agree with him.america has a free practice of religion in their country and seeing or perceiving all Muslims as terrorists or potential terrorist is wrong.america media should help in not reporting all these attacks as having link to terrorism.
They are so many shootings and violence in America from white and black Christian Americans daily but the media will only report as homicides or as psychologic trauma experience.sometimes ago,a Muslim Somali guy stabbed his friends during argument and the guy was shot dead citing terror intent.
There are indeed some with terror intentions but not all of them and the president should think about the consequences of the actions in near future.the irony is that,most of these Muslims folks voted for trump because their religion doesn't allow female to lead.
Finally,he never said he was going to block Muslims and refugees from US,what he said is to vet those coming in and suspend issuing of visa to certain countries for the period of 4 months so as to put some security measures in place and temporarily suspend the refugee program by the US govt.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by mrsfavour(f): 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2017
I Whish Trump Is The President Of Nigeria . Less Than 7 Days In Office,the World Is Already Having Effects Of His Leadership. God Pls Remember Nigeria.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Omudia11: 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
Indonesia is the country with the largest Muslim population in the world.
abbey621:
You people are so full of ignorance, he is not banning every Muslim just those from countries with massive terror potentials like Yemen, Syria, Iraq but countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt with the largest Muslim population in the world are exempted.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by abbey621(m): 6:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
Omudia11:
Indonesia is the country with the largest Muslim population in the world.

I know that, I was referring to countries with potentials for terrorism!
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Omudia11: 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2017
What's naive about wanting a saner clime for her citizens?, illegal immigration is a crime punishable by death in many countries and so is drug dealing. You who don't see anything wrong in those vices are the naive one.
oyb:
It starts with the Muslims who are an easy target. Then the Mexican rapists. Soon it will get to Nigerian drug dealers and fraudsters. Those cheering are naive.

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Omudia11: 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
Tell that to those who have lost their entire families due to Islamic terrorism.
Snowstorm:
Why is there so much hatred towards muslims??

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by abbey621(m): 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
manny4life:

Lmao... From the wonderful link you posted, it's a "RULE" or "ORDER" issued to "Executive Branches" NOT the entire U.S. that are subjected to it, having a force of law on executive agencies and NOT binding on the entire U.S. like Obamacare does... Carefully read my post again before spewing gibberish. I asked you, if you claim it's law, why hasn't Obamacare been repealed? I mean Trump and Republicans HATED Obamacare, Trump signed an EO on Friday afternoon he was sworn in: Why hasn't Obamacare been repealed if it's law?

Obamacare is A LAW that affected ALL U.S. States where several republican states litigated all the way to SCOTUS, and IRS was taxed with the responsibility of deducting up to $2,500 for noncompliance. This law affects 300+ million Americans in 50+ states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories. THIS IS A LAW even the Supreme Court upheld it. An Executive Order only affects Executive Agencies of which their main boss is the president. An EO does not affect 300 million + Americans or the 50 + states, or other branches of govt. Next time, read a book, know the difference before you talk rubbish.

You are posting jargon again, if you cannot read and comprehend with the links I've shown you then perhaps go back to school. The link specifically states that executive orders have the same weight as laws. You have not said anything to counter that rather you sit here and type rubbish! Go and read about Bush's executive orders and Obama's executive order that saved millions of dreamers from being deported, go and read about that and come back here and tell me they don't impact millions of Americans!

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by icankel: 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
Bubu really oversaw it all that's why he supported za oza woman to rule America. But was that y baba now stopped visiting US and decided to switched to London.. hmmm just observing
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by newgen2016: 6:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
Statsocial:
Nice one. The only reason Nigeria is not on that list is because of Christians in the south. Hopefully, Marie le pen would get in and do the same in France too. The reason why most Christians in the west are naive enuf to allow Muslims in is because they do not understand want we face here. Just 0.7% Muslims in USA yet they create so much havoc that ppl are now scared now imagine what Nigerian Christians are going through sharing an almost equal population with them.

why so much hate? both faith have been affected by B Haram and herdsman. in has much you find bad people in Islam so you also find them in Christianity . we should stop all this discrimination along religious, ethnicity and even tribal in other to grow and develop as a nation.

one should be objective and seek for knowledge of what he knows not. might be good to take your time to learn about Islam itself and you will see Christians in the West are not naive as you say but it's one of the fastest growing religion in the West.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
ghen ghen cheesy....first it was the gays and now its the muslims..next it will be the indians and africans residing in the US.the nigerians for US their heart go dey cut right now.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by guychidile: 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
Donald Trump,strong man with strong character,I salute you
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by manny4life(m): 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
abbey621:

You are posting jargon again, if you cannot read and comprehend with the links I've shown you then perhaps go back to school. The link specifically states that executive orders have the same weight as laws. You have not said anything to counter that rather you sit here and type rubbish! Go and read about Bush's executive orders and Obama's executive order that saved millions of dreamers from being deported, go and read about that and come back here and tell me they don't impact millions of Americans!

Lmao... No need arguing with you. I see that you really don't know what you're talking about.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/about.html

This is from the "NATIONAL ARCHIVES", published in the federal register. This is directly from the SOURCE, open it, carefully read it and tell me if you sound really foolish or not..

Obama's executive orders directed a "federal agency" like homeland security which according to you, saved people from being deported. And you think that same order issued to the same federal agency cannot be enforced in a removal? Lmao, cheesy grin grin you're actually supporting my view that Trump can actually issue an EO to DHS to expedite removal of illegals in the country just like Obama/Bush did to save deportees. I rest my case, you have finally affirmed my position.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Omudia11: 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
No muslim bears a christian name. So if you have one chriatian name, i think that qualifies you as a christian.
Menzy86:
I have a muslim surname but I was born a Christian. What happens to people like us?
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Zane2point4(m): 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
ollah1:
Funny when I read things like these. Who created the refugees in the first place? Libyans, Syrians, Iraqis et al always lived in their respective countries or perhaps travel on tour for business or personal affairs.

What made them leave their countries?

The west bombed Iraq because of Sadam Hussein thereby creating refugees

The west bombed Libya because of Gaddafi there by creating refugees from that land.

The west bombed Syria because they want to unseat Assad thereby creating refugees

The west alongside Saudi bombed Yemen creating refugees there.

Who created these refugees?
Hypocrisy at its finest

Which hypocrisy, the west no bomb germany? (1942), the west no bomb japan(1945) the west no bomb vietnam?
Abeg leave story, violence dey una blood .

You guys are calling for American interference into syrian affairs, if trumph steps in ,na the same muslims go criticize him.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Shafiiimran99: 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2017
If he really wanted to fight terrorist, he should start by investigating SEPTEMBER 11 2001 ATTACHED
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
Targaeryian:

You forget that many of us in the "north" are Christians.
I am sorry that you live in the north i also live in the sw but as many Christians that can escape in ss/se should get out. As for the sw it is my prayer that God grants us a separate secession without d northerns-i think with deliberate work Christians and moslems here can make it work. As for North central i pray for a separate secession too cos i think the nc is still religiously diverse enough. I honestly pray for my brothers in the nw or ne but i hope that the future leaders of a se/ss country(ies) would give an automatic asylum to Christians up north.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by abbey621(m): 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
manny4life:

Lmao... No need arguing with you. I see that you really don't know what you're talking about.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/about.html

This is from the "NATIONAL ARCHIVES", published in the federal register. This is directly from the SOURCE, open it, carefully read it and tell me if you sound really foolish or not..

Obama's executive orders directed a "federal agency" like homeland security which according to you, saved people from being deported. And you think that same order issued to the same federal agency cannot be enforced in a removal? Lmao, cheesy grin grin you're actually supporting my view that Trump can actually issue an EO to DHS to expedite removal of illegals in the country just like Obama/Bush did to save deportees. I rest my case, you have finally affirmed my position.

Ode now you are no longer arguing that executive orders have the same force as laws?....very good. Now to your latest point, I never argued that Trump could issue an EO to deport millions of people, my argument is that if he ever issued such an order it won't be based on being a Muslim! There's something called rights against discrimination based on religion,you might want to look it up! Anybody that is deported is either for a criminal act or they are illegals, learn the difference!

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
i wish they add drugs, yahoo and scamming to the ban list, so nigeria can be banned. Almost everyone in North America has received an email from a Nigerian politician or prince promising them millions of dollars. It's very embarrasing.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by lindabon: 7:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
Statsocial:
Nice one. The only reason Nigeria is not on that list is because of Christians in the south. Hopefully, Marie le pen would get in and do the same in France too. The reason why most Christians in the west are naive enuf to allow Muslims in is because they do not understand want we face here. Just 0.7% Muslims in USA yet they create so much havoc that ppl are now scared now imagine what Nigerian Christians are going through sharing an almost equal population with them.

Most of the worst crimes where committed in the name of Religion, Christainity being the number one. Slavery, Colonialism, commited by Westerners who were mostly Christains. The entire African continent is still in turmoil because of Christianity of the West. In current day and age, you have pastors living opulent lifestyles amid the adject poverty of their congregation. This is evil, vile and diabolical. If you think its only when one detonates a bomb and kills thousands, that he/she is considered evil, I'm sorry, the state of Nigeria amid churches littered left, right and center, is beyond EVIL. Stop Blaming just Muslims; Religion is the opium of the People. Nothing good ever comes out of it. Ever wondered why countries with the most religious people also have the highest levels of corruption ??

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
Snowstorm:
Why is there so much hatred towards muslims??
Pele you can always renounce it. Islam is causing problems for every one.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Omudia11: 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2017
Trump never said that. Post a video of it if he did. That was just media propaganda. Moreover there's a video of him threatening to ban Muslims, why is there no video of him threatening to ban Nigerians.
NaMeAboki:

Rubbish, he is also after Africans and particularly Nigerians who he claims take over American jobs - no doubt he would also go after the criminal elements which constitute the flattened heads.
Careful what you are wishing for; sometimes it may come back and bite you in the arse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATFMvZRgQjw
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by olayinka63: 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
I know majority (hypocrites) will support him, this is not new. As far as I don't support terrorism, that soul called Trump will only try against Muslim but he won't record success. Some people have tried it in the past, yet Islam keep spreading and Muslims keep increasing.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Shafiiimran99: 7:40pm On Jan 25, 2017
Zane2point4:

Which hypocrisy, the west no bomb germany? (1942), the west no bomb japan(1945) the west no bomb vietnam?

You guys are calling for American interference into syrian affairs, if trumph steps in ,na the same muslims go criticize him.
Sooner or later the real terrorist will be known. But y did Bush and Obama refused to investigate 911?
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by vislabraye(m): 7:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
Statsocial:

You can imagine

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Shafiiimran99: 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
Statsocial:

Pele you can always renounce it. Islam is causing problems for every one.
It is your American god that is causing problem for u not Islam. Av u ever wonder y Bush refused to investigate 911 attacked?
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
Zane2point4:

Point of correction. USA bombed those countries and not the West. Perhaps you don't know the difference between the two. What do mean by "we guys"? Am I a Sryain and where did you read it that Syrians are calling for American interference in their Land?
The same land they destroyed just cos they wanna unseat Assad.

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by NevetsIbot(m): 8:01pm On Jan 25, 2017
repogirl:
when did you become female?
lol.... I'm a transgender now. How're you?
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Zane2point4(m): 8:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
ollah1:

Point of correction. USA bombed those countries and not the West. Perhaps you don't know the difference between the two. What do mean by "we guys"? Am I a Sryain and where did you read it that Syrians are calling for American interference in their Land?
The same land they destroyed just cos they wanna unseat Assad.

Britain royal airforce no bomb berlin?

Human right activists around the world are blaming the west on why they kept Silent about syrian war and genocide that all thanks to assad ..thats the fact.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
Zane2point4:

Britain royal airforce no bomb berlin?

Human right activists around the world are blaming the west on why they kept Silent about syrian war and genocide that all thanks to assad ..thats the fact.

Easy with your lies nah. Who instigated the Syrian war to start with?
Who are those that wanted Assad gone?
Who gave weapons to "moderate revels"?

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Zane2point4(m): 8:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
ollah1:

Easy with your lies nah. Who instigated the Syrian war to start with?
Who are those that wanted Assad gone?
Who gave weapons to "moderate revels"?

Remeber it started with a protest, america didnt start the bombing, if America or nato wanted the war to end asap like that of libya the could hv declared no flight zone. And we kno what is means.
Its easy to blame someone for the misfortune but the truth wil prevail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Trump Instructs US Navy To Shoot Down Iranian Gunboats If They Harass US Ships / South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" / Inside Donald Trump Secret Service Detail(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.