Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

I Guess You Think Recruiters Read Your Cover Letter? See How To Get Them Read It - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Guess You Think Recruiters Read Your Cover Letter? See How To Get Them Read It (1154 Views)

Please, Stop Opening Your Cover Letters With This Sentence! / 9 Words/phrases That Will Ruin Your Cover Letter / “your Cv Should Inform. Your Cover Letter Should Persuade.” Here Is The Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Guess You Think Recruiters Read Your Cover Letter? See How To Get Them Read It by robminds: 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
Cover letters seriously improve your chances of been taken.
But many online applicants think recruiters read their cover letters. Unfortunately the truth is that more than 98% of recruiters dont especially for the ones sent through recruitment sites.

But there are some other category of people in the company who should read the cover letters. And you can facilitate their reading it by doing the following 5 things:
1. Don't apply online but email your resume to a recruiter or hiring manager instead.
2. Don't make it an actual "letter." Instead, make it the body of the email with your resume attached. When people attach a letter AND a resume to an email, let me just say only one attachment is getting opened, and it's always the resume. So don't even bother.

See Full Article:
http://www.robminds.com/2017/01/25/guess-think-recruiters-read-cover-letter-see-get-read/

1 Like

Re: I Guess You Think Recruiters Read Your Cover Letter? See How To Get Them Read It by onward4life(m): 7:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
robminds:
But many online applicants think recruiters read their cover letters. Unfortunately the truth is that more than 98% of recruiters dont especially for the ones sent through recruitment sites.

But there are some other category of people in the company who should read the cover letters. And you can facilitate their reading it by doing the following 5 things:
1. Don't apply online but email your resume to a recruiter or hiring manager instead.
2. Don't make it an actual "letter." Instead, make it the body of the email with your resume attached. When people attach a letter AND a resume to an email, let me just say only one attachment is getting opened, and it's always the resume. So don't even bother.

See Full Article:
http://www.robminds.com/2017/01/25/guess-think-recruiters-read-cover-letter-see-get-read/

Hdsfdmsnbdjhrtuijroisqlw€nvcfhedhjem€sz€edklfjhbxnm*€4zkjehcxbws b
Re: I Guess You Think Recruiters Read Your Cover Letter? See How To Get Them Read It by onward4life(m): 7:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
robminds:

2. nstead, make it the body of the email with your resume attached. When people attach a letter AND a resume to an email, let me just say only one attachment is getting opened, and it's always the resume. So don't even bother.

See Full Article:

Hdsfdmsnbdjhrtuijroisqlw€nvcfhedhjem€sz€edklfjhbxnm*€4zkjehcxbws b
Re: I Guess You Think Recruiters Read Your Cover Letter? See How To Get Them Read It by maxwell767(m): 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
robminds:

See Full Article:

Re: I Guess You Think Recruiters Read Your Cover Letter? See How To Get Them Read It by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 26, 2017
robminds:

See Full Article:

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Graduate - Facilities Assistant At Russelsmith Group / Russelsmith Group 2017 Job Recruitment / Administrative Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.