Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? (744 Views)

Why Do Married Couples Have Their Partner's Nude Pictures On Their Phone? / Lesbian Blows Hot After She Catches Her Partner Cheating On Her With Man (photo+ / What Will You Do If You Walk In On Your Partner Cheating On You With An Ex Few (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? by stuffsabouttara(f): 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
There are quite a couple peculiar things about me that make me just believe I am some unique child from the universe with a special purpose. One of those peculiar characters would be my ability to walk into people's secrets all the time. So my life is always filled with stories of other people.

Sometimes I like the feeling, it's immature, but I can't help it - to have an edge over someone, to have them give pleading stares and say nice things to you like you've been cool pals since childhood. It's stupid but duh.

Gist Of The Day

I was walking out of Babe's hostel this morning and for some unknown terrible divine reason, I was pushed to use the back gate, only to walk into two of the neighbors smugging it out in the gym. Their guilty looks said it all. It was so awkward all I could do was stammer a "good morning" even though for sure the morning for them was automatically no longer good. I turned around and bolted back into Babe's room to divulge the whole details (he's my living diary).

The gist is, neighbour A (male) has a serious girlfriend and she's even living with him. I was morbidly pissed on her behalf, just the evening before, he was all lovey dovey with her to the point it was embarrassingly and annoyingly distracting because I was sitting not so far away from them. I'd have left but it was the only spot in the building where I could get mobile network but all I was getting then was my ears filled with "ooohs" and "aaahs" if you know what I mean.

Babe and I concluded it was none of our business. It's their private lives and we barely even have the rights to gossip about it. His girlfriend may find out but it wouldn't be from us.
But What If It's A Friend?

The case is a whole lot different when it has to do with a friend. Before BB moved to another town, we had just one issue. Her boyfriend she was so in love with was seriously asking me out while giving her hell in the relationship and doing everything to end it with her. I couldn't tell her, didn't tell her, until months later - it didn't go down well and it remains a topic we both avoid for the sake of our friendship. I wouldn't have even told her if not that I found out Babe's girlfriend then was being unfaithful big time and mistakenly divulged it, but he took it cooly though he was really hurt and told me never to withhold stuffs like that ever again if I'm really his friend. And with that confidence, I went to tell BB about the real reason her ex boyfriend broke up with her.

Even I at one time had to listen to that dreaded news, happened with my last boyfriend (relationship lasted 3 weeks or so). But it wasn't so bad for me because he was merely my rebound and I was never really into him.

Over time, I've learnt to mind my own business no matter what. Opinions should only be given when asked for. I don't want to be the snitch, but I don't want to be a bad friend and I certainly do not want to cross unknown boundaries. But it happens so often every now and then and I get lost for the decision to take.

"To tell or not to tell? And if to tell, how, when and why should I tell? If not to tell, why not?"

Originally posted in: www.meetmitchell.
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
my dad used to tell us that if u want to live long learn to mind ur biz, it's their private life who knows both might be cheating too. don't be the cause for their breakup bcus ur conscience will know no rest. my neighbors(guys) brings in all manner of gals Wen their baes is not in and yet nobody poke noses and we are all living in peace.
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? by stuffsabouttara(f): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
my dad used to tell us that if u want to live long learn to mind ur biz, it's their private life who knows both might be cheating too. don't be the cause for their breakup bcus ur conscience will know no rest. my neighbors(guys) brings in all manner of gals Wen their baes is not in and yet nobody poke noses and we are all living in peace.
You'll obviously mind your business when it's about your neighbor, but what about in the case of a really close friend?
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? by firstking01(m): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
You'll obviously mind your business when it's about your neighbor, but what about in the case of a really close friend?
FaCeYourFronT.
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? by GindoX(m): 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
I didn't even border to read. I just scrolled down grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lets hear what pastor chris got to say on this grin

Re: Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
I just read this and I'm annoyed at myself for the time and energy I just wasted reading it. angry
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? by pweetychyka(f): 8:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hell NO.... any of my friend dat tries dat, owes me a new bf grin grin... allow me find out myself
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? by 2SWT(f): 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
I wonder if relationships are worth the stress
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Tell A Friend About Their Partner Cheating? by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:38am On Jan 28, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
trust me I will seal my lips, I believe that the truth will unfold itself sooner or later

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

4 Worst Valentine Gifts You Shouldn’t Give To Your Women [ MUST READ NOW] / Your Val(killing Costly Relationships)exclusive Bae !!!!!!!! / What Is Your Take On If Your Girlfriend Did This To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.