Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

15 Years After Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Incident - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Years After Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Incident (513 Views)

Why Buhari Was ‘Banned’ From Entering U.S. For 15 Years — Atiku / Muhammadu Buhari Cantonment Giri, Abuja Commissioned By Army (Photos) / 2002 Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Blast: 15 Years After (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Years After Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Incident by Omooba77: 11:15am On Jan 27, 2017
How many of us remembered the tragedy that occured fifteen years ago; 27th January, 2002, when the armoury at the Army barrack in Ikeja went on flame.
Many lives were lost and injured; may God keep Nigeria.
Re: 15 Years After Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Incident by midehi2(f): 11:20am On Jan 27, 2017
yea yea
Re: 15 Years After Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Incident by wemmieslim(f): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2017
Memory,
Sad one at that
May the soul of the deceaseds continue to RIP
Re: 15 Years After Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Incident by Goke7: 11:27am On Jan 27, 2017
too many kids on nairaland, they can never remember, many of them who were even born then never knew their right from their left with feeding bottles in their mouth.
Re: 15 Years After Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Incident by marshalcarter: 11:42am On Jan 27, 2017
na so sum ppl go cum here dey shout"yes...an unforgetable memory...woow...its been Long ooo....fifteen years don reach so"

meanwhile na dat tym their sperm begin dey work for their mama womb shaa....lynus titulie undecided
Re: 15 Years After Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Incident by dominique(f): 11:45am On Jan 27, 2017
First I thought it was pre-rain thunder which was a bit odd because it was a January and the day was clear. Then when we saw the way the Windows were clattering with each rumbling sound then we knew something was going on. Shortly after my dad called from Abuja and told us that bombs are going off in ikeja and there was tension everywhere. It was until we switched on the gen and watched tv that we got to know the severity the damage. Those people just died needless deaths due to fear of the unknown. Over 700 people, I don't think whe had a greater tragedy till the plane crashes of 2004.

1 Like

Re: 15 Years After Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Incident by Omooba77: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2017
dominique:
First I thought it was pre-rain thunder which was a bit odd because it was a January and the day was clear. Then when we saw the way the Windows were clattering with each rumbling sound then we knew something was going on. Shortly after my dad called from Abuja and told us that bombs are going off in ikeja and there was tension everywhere. It was until we switched on the gen and watched tv that we got to know the severity the damage. Those people just died needless deaths due to fear of the unknown. Over 700 people, I don't think whe had a greater tragedy till the plane crashes of 2004.

70% died plunging into the Oke-Afa canal.
We should be safety cautious and see where the harm is from rather than confronting the harm headlong. May God comfort all the families affected.
Re: 15 Years After Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Incident by Omooba77: 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
This is part of what history of Nigeria supposed teach us..

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Looms / Lai Mohammed Believes "Change" Has Come To Nigeria / Sheun Egbegbe To Appear In Ikeja Magistrate Court Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.