Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,244 members, 7,822,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice (2732 Views)

Fani-Kayode Criticizes Presidency Over Rejecting US Recognition Of Jerusalem / Biafra: Buhari Supporting Western Sahara Secessionists But Rejecting Biafra / Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by ariesbull: 6:49am On Jan 28, 2017
Greetings my dear friend! Your well-made point is well-taken.But ultimately, traitorous as it seems, the Yoruba made a democratic choice in 2015. Even you made that case for Wole Soyinka when he was hanged on the tree. Do you agree?
It is the common feeling. My advocacy in protection of our Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo is somewhat scorned and scoffed at in this season of anomie. The silent preference being let the Yoruba reap the harvest of their betrayal to any consequence. But in a democracy, choices are made strategically or stupidly. Sometimes, vindictively. The Yoruba made a vindictive choice. But before now the Igbo and the Niger Delta people had all sheepishly sucked up to the North self-ruinously.The Yoruba who had sustainably resisted them only just sucked up to them over 50 years after.

The tragedy of their case is that they had the experiences of the Igbo and the Niger Delta peoples to learn from. But they were too blinded by vengeance, the panic of a possible Igbo resurgence to political ascendancy and their hope of democratic benefits to see that. Goodluck Jonathan did not also quite help matters by his loose grip on governance; though a most democratic man with all the required democratic temperament and unpublicised but slow and steady achievements.

But the Yoruba have come out worse from it all. They have lost face with their southern counterparts, and have no clear face with the northerners. They have created an Abiku situation for themselves. Much more tragically, they have lost their national voice and the narrative they use to drive it with their dominance of the traditional newspapers that have now been overthrown by he social media and the new opposition - the Igbo and the Niger Delta peoples with some progressive thinking pro-Jonathanists Yoruba.

The Igbo on the other hand, for sacrificing their ambitions for the Niger Delta presidency in their lead support for Jonathan, though suffering political persecution and killings from the Buhari-led APC, have come to higher rating among all Nigerians, and have become almost fully reconciled to their war lost neighbours - the Niger Delta peoples.

They have also gained the respect of the same North whom the Yoruba sucked up to in order to betray the huge gain made from the Jonathan 2014 national conference that you participated in. The success of the ration 4 to 2 regions that got the Muslim far north succumbing to the rest of the nation at the Confab that saw them losing their Middle Belters of central Nigeria to southern thinking, was all lost in a terrible reversal of the same 4 to 2 in the way the 2015 elections went. This for me, is where the Yoruba became unforgivable sellouts.

That the restructuring they have shouted all their lives could be so worked against by even their very best such as Prof. Wole Soyinka and co of the PRONACO restructuring fame, that they could do such a 360 degree betrayal of same remains a national shame.

This is where for me the Yoruba betrayal went beyond making a democratic choice to sabotaging others, sabotaging themselves, and sabotaging the great possibility to turn the table on the Fulani-led northern politics of domination and backwardness that they have reversed us all into by their democratic choice of supporting the north for what has ended up their empty gain.

They have in turn been betrayed by the North and they now appear to be presenting Buhari through their arrowhead, Bola Tinubu a calabash, a vote of no confidence to use their traditional method of doing so; as the Oyo mesi would present to the King, Alafin of Oyo.

I hope they have learnt a lifelong lesson. This is however no reason for a kind of an eye for an eye situation that leaves the entire nation blind, and blinded to the possible Fulani-led manipulation or outright destruction of the entire democratic system for a Caliphated system or leadership along with their idolatrous attitude to power that even Allah has turned his back against them on. We must do all to protect this democracy if we still find it worthy of such; lest we all fall into a deep ditch.

We would deal with the Yoruba betrayal at the right time, but this is the time for the entire South and the Middle Belt of Central Nigeria pull together with any other progressive forces to snatch Nigeria out of an evil grip....https://etimesafrica./2017/01/28/%e2%80%8bthe-yoruba-understanding-but-rejecting-their-2015-democratic-choice/#more-4204

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 28, 2017
Did you guys hit ur head on something, for God sake it is called politics, yoruba voted for Jonathan massively back in 2011, how did he repay us? Now tell me who really betrayed who? U want us to continue supporting Jonathan even when we benefit nothing , Jonathan mada a big mistake, he should have treated his people nicely but instead he preferred to satisfy the northern people who don't even care about him

9 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by alsudaes1(m): 7:07am On Jan 28, 2017
Keep talking. . .
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Wristler: 7:42am On Jan 28, 2017
Yet another mis from a typical Nigerian youth.

Buhari's seemingly failed administration is no justification for Jonathan's airheaded governance nor for his dispensation to remain in office a day more than May 29 2015.

Jonathan's administration, to the Yorubas and any other sensible and well-meaning Nigerian was a no-no. If Buhari's seem to be worse, it's yet no justification for Jonathan's 8 years to be seen as good in any light.

The Yorubas not kicking Jonathan out, probably would have spelt more doom with the current economic situations.

The Nigerian youths shld at least, for the sakes of Christ look beyond their very tribes or religions and put the development and betterment of Nigeria first.

8 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Horlufemi(m): 7:50am On Jan 28, 2017
I'm not in support of anyone cos I'm on a journey of individualism.

Yoruba voted massively for Johnathan for his first time, and he betrayed them. And they decided not to vote for that. He now insulted them by flooding the SW with dollars to buy votes. Jonathan isn't a saint my brother. It's their vote deal with it.

Righteousness is dead

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by owobokiri(m): 7:57am On Jan 28, 2017
It is the common feeling. My advocacy in protection of our Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo is somewhat scorned and scoffed at in this season of anomie. The silent preference being let the Yoruba reap the harvest of their betrayal to any consequence. But in a democracy, choices are made strategically or stupidly. Sometimes, vindictively. The Yoruba made a vindictive choice. But before now the Igbo and the Niger Delta people had all sheepishly sucked up to the North self-ruinously.The Yoruba who had sustainably resisted them only just sucked up to them over 50 years after.

The tragedy of their case is that they had the experiences of the Igbo and the Niger Delta peoples to learn from. But they were too blinded by vengeance, the panic of a possible Igbo resurgence to political ascendancy and their hope of democratic benefits to see that. Goodluck Jonathan did not also quite help matters by his loose grip on governance; though a most democratic man with all the required democratic temperament and unpublicised but slow and steady achievements.

Hogwash!

The igbo led a revolution that violently put an end to this laughable fulaNI attempt to dominate Nigeria way back 1966 when most other groups were busy thinking it was some kind of joke.. There after, in order to unleash a decentralized Nigeria, the igbo went into a war that lasted over 30 months claiming over 3 million igbo lives! Politically, militarily, economically, the igbo has thrown a lot of resources against northern domination and suppression while other ethnic groups in the south were/are busy with their treacherous ways trying to be comfortable with fulani crumbs. So where and when did the igbo suck up to the north?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by owobokiri(m): 8:06am On Jan 28, 2017
Horlufemi:

Yoruba voted massively for Johnathan for his first time, and he betrayed them. And they decided not to vote for that. He now insulted them by flooding the SW with dollars to buy votes. Jonathan isn't a saint my brother. It's their vote deal with it.

Righteousness is dead

How did he betray them? Jonathan was a candidate for the south south. It was a PDPs rotatory arrangement! That arrangement produced an Obasanjo who did not favor Jonathans Ijaw as much as Jonathan favored Obasanjos Yoruba! Obasanjo did well for the Yorubas though they work hard to deny it. Otedola, Jimoh, Wale Tinubu them all became multi billionaires after Obasanjos wacky privatization process. He was the one who sold the GSM licence to Adenuga! Even with the consolidation of the banking sector, he ensured the yorubas still have a big stake in the banking sector not to talk of the army and civil service. The whole country kept quiet because a turn by turn process of appeasement has been unleashed. . . Then enter Jonathan and they went berserk. You wanted to be treated same way Obasanjo pampered you? Are you the only ones in this country? Do you still remember that Jonathan was/is Ijaw? What did he do specifically for his ijaw? DO YOU KNOW THAT THERE WERE MORE YORUBAS IN JONATHANS GOVERNMENT THAN HIS NATIVE IJAW? How many Yoruba politicians can do that? I think it is just a question of being too greedy. Nothing else.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 8:33am On Jan 28, 2017
Horlufemi:

Righteousness is dead

Talking of betrayal, it was the Yoruba that betrayed Jonathan massively. Remember that Jonathan begged the yorubas for votes in 2011 but many Yoruba states voted APC while in the south south and south east, it was 100% for Jonathan.

Jonathan also worked to be friends with all , particularly the Yoruba. He gave them positions everywhere, including key advisers and ministerial positions. But the Yoruba wanted more. They revolted against Jonathan with negative press. Let it be on record that the bad name Jonathan got was as a result of Yoruba press. They thought Goodluck is feeding the Igbos with chicken every morning. So they framed him for all the whole corruption stories, real or imagined.

In 2015, the south west had drawn a battle line and swore to fight jonathan, for no reason at all. Jonathan in his usual meekness went down on his knees and begged them, appealed to high ranking traditional rulers and even gave then money to mobilise the their campaign teams. But all to no avail.

The yorubas walked into the mistake with their eyes wide open. They chose to dine with the enemy, alas, with a very short spoon! I don't feel any pity for the yorubas. They brought this bad name to all, particularly to themselves. History will always remember this grave error.

11 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Horlufemi(m): 8:34am On Jan 28, 2017
owobokiri:

How did he betray them? Jonathan was a candidate for the south south. It was a PDPs rotatory arrangement! That arrangement produced an Obasanjo who did not favor Jonathans Ijaw as much as Jonathan favored Obasanjos Yoruba! Obasanjo did well for the Yorubas though they work hard to deny it. Otedola, Jimoh, Wale Tinubu them all became multi billionaires after Obasanjos wacky privatization process. He was the one who sold the GSM licence to Adenuga! Even with the consolidation of the banking sector, he ensured the yorubas still have a big stake in the banking sector not to talk of the army and civil service. The whole country kept quiet because a turn by turn process of appeasement has been unleashed. . . Then enter Jonathan and they went berserk. You wanted to be treated same way Obasanjo pampered you? Are you the only ones in this country? Do you still remember that Jonathan was/is Ijaw? What did he do specifically for his ijaw? DO YOU KNOW THAT THERE WERE MORE YORUBAS IN JONATHANS GOVERNMENT THAN HIS NATIVE IJAW? How many Yoruba politicians can do that? I think it is just a question of being too greedy. Nothing else.

If your idea of Yoruba is the elite, then there's no need in discourse.

Like I always said Johnathan isn't a saint and righteousness is dead.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 28, 2017
Okay.
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:35am On Jan 28, 2017
ariesbull:

Greetings my dear friend! Your well-made point is well-taken.But ultimately, traitorous as it seems, the Yoruba made a democratic choice in 2015. Even you made that case for Wole Soyinka when he was hanged on the tree. Do you agree?

But the Yoruba have come out worse from it all. They have lost face with their southern counterparts, and have no clear face with the northerners. They have created an Abiku situation for themselves. Much more tragically, they have lost their national voice and the narrative they use to drive it with their dominance of the traditional newspapers that have now been overthrown by he social media and the new opposition - the Igbo and the Niger Delta peoples with some progressive thinking pro-Jonathanists Yoruba.

The Igbo on the other hand, for sacrificing their ambitions for the Niger Delta presidency in their lead support for Jonathan, though suffering political persecution and killings from the Buhari-led APC, have come to higher rating among all Nigerians, and have become almost fully reconciled to their war lost neighbours - the Niger Delta peoples.

They have also gained the respect of the same North whom the Yoruba sucked up to in order to betray the huge gain made from the Jonathan 2014 national conference that you participated in. The success of the ration 4 to 2 regions that got the Muslim far north succumbing to the rest of the nation at the Confab that saw them losing their Middle Belters of central Nigeria to southern thinking, was all lost in a terrible reversal of the same 4 to 2 in the way the 2015 elections went. This for me, is where the Yoruba became unforgivable sellouts.

That the restructuring they have shouted all their lives could be so worked against by even their very best such as Prof. Wole Soyinka and co of the PRONACO restructuring fame, that they could do such a 360 degree betrayal of same remains a national shame.

This is where for me the Yoruba betrayal went beyond making a democratic choice to sabotaging others, sabotaging themselves, and sabotaging the great possibility to turn the table on the Fulani-led northern politics of domination and backwardness that they have reversed us all into by their democratic choice of supporting the north for what has ended up their empty gain.

They have in turn been betrayed by the North and they now appear to be presenting Buhari through their arrowhead, Bola Tinubu a calabash, a vote of no confidence to use their traditional method of doing so; as the Oyo mesi would present to the King, Alafin of Oyo.

I hope they have learnt a lifelong lesson. This is however no reason for a kind of an eye for an eye situation that leaves the entire nation blind, and blinded to the possible Fulani-led manipulation or outright destruction of the entire democratic system for a Caliphated system or leadership along with their idolatrous attitude to power that even Allah has turned his back against them on. We must do all to protect this democracy if we still find it worthy of such; lest we all fall into a deep ditch.

We would deal with the Yoruba betrayal at the right time, but this is the time for the entire South and the Middle Belt of Central Nigeria pull together with any other progressive forces to snatch Nigeria out of an evil grip....https://etimesafrica./2017/01/28/%e2%80%8bthe-yoruba-understanding-but-rejecting-their-2015-democratic-choice/#more-4204

grin grin +Jokers!

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 8:38am On Jan 28, 2017
Horlufemi:

Like I always said Johnathan isn't a saint

Tell me who among the previous presidents or head of states had been a saint?

Abacha, Babangida or OBJ? Is buhari a saint? But you voted him?

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 28, 2017
owobokiri:

You are a very intelligent man.

5 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 8:43am On Jan 28, 2017
Wristler:
Yet another mis from a typical Nigerian youth.

Buhari's seemingly failed administration is no justification for Jonathan's airheaded governance nor for his dispensation to remain in office a day more than May 29 2015.

Jonathan's administration, to the Yorubas and any other sensible and well-meaning Nigerian was a no-no. If Buhari's seem to be worse, it's yet no justification for Jonathan's 8 years to be seen as good in any light.

The Yorubas not kicking Jonathan out, probably would have spelt more doom with the current economic situations.

The Nigerian youths shld at least, for the sakes of Christ look beyond their very tribes or religions and put the development and betterment of Nigeria first

The yorubas should at least, for Christ's sake, look beyond their tribal sentiments when it's time to vote. Advise them to vote for performance and not someone who promises more amala and ewedu.

Practice what you preach.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Eastactivist: 8:44am On Jan 28, 2017
What do the yorubas want??
I have not seen a slave that will tell his master to his face to asslick him

8 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 8:51am On Jan 28, 2017
Eastactivist:
What do the yorubas want??
I have not seen a slave that will tell his master to his face to asslick him

I will not be surprised to see the yorubas exhume Shehu Shagari for 2019 elections grin
Tinubu only needs to announce it and the whole south west will queue up and elect the 94 year old as president in 2019.

7 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by owobokiri(m): 8:55am On Jan 28, 2017
vanbonattel:

I will not be surprised to see the yorubas exhume Shehu Shagari for 2019 elections grin
Tinubu only needs to announce it and the whole south west will queue up and elect the 94 year old as president in 2019.

Murtala Mohammed.., not Shagari. They like it brutal. Once it pains you, they are okay with that, even if they come off it worse off..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by 7lives: 8:57am On Jan 28, 2017
vanbonattel:

The yorubas should at least, for Christ's sake, look beyond their tribal sentiments when it's time to vote. Advise them to vote for performance and not someone who promises more amala and ewedu.

Eyaa see pain, I support Buhari in 2015, I even campaign for him among my people, God willing, I shall still campaign for him in 2019.
The beauty of democracy is that you can vote for who you like.
All your votes has always been PDP and am not angry with it so what's your obsession with who I vote for?, e be like say cockroaches dey una brain. Ozuors.

5 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=ariesbull post=53195546]

Your long write-up stinks of political naivety. @bolded the Yorubas did not make a vindictive choice. I wonder How you presume to speak for the Yoruba people when it's obvious you aren't even one. Where is your basis for that inane argument of vindictiveness? Rather I'd say the Igbos were the ones who voted out of vindictiveness simply Because the hate Buhari's gut. My proof? Jonathan promised them the second Niger bridge, and for 4years he couldn't even begin construction of the bridge. Why would would they vote for that person again If not to spite his opponent.

You guys address politics like as If you're babies. No strategic thinking. Since Nigeria attained Democratic rule, the Yorubas have always been in opposition and you don't see them whining and writing long and stupid articles up and down the internet.

First, the Igbos and Niger Delta have no political experience worth learning from. Both are naive when it comes to politics.
What vengeance are you talking about? We all know the Igbos can't "ascend to power" in this country Because they are their own enemies but would prefer to blame the Yorubas for their every woe. That is a fact everybody knows.

As for Goodluck Jonathan and his purported "unpublicised but slow and steady achievements", can you name some of the achievements? See How the youths have jobs to do! See How Nigeria was producing enough MW of electricity to boost the economy! See How corruption was dealt a fatal blow in the head! See How boko harm didn't capture 7 whole local governments in this country and How he stamped them out of existence in this country! Hope you can see that the numerous gaffes with other heads of governments across the world that made us a pariah nation only helped our image as Nigerians right?

I'm wondering what unit of measurement should be used to measure the stupidity of the writer of this article and those who label Jonathan an achiever?

Lol. The Yorubas have come out worse? How So? What face are we talking about in the south? We all know that the Igbos of the miniscule southeast already hate our guts So much and this article is an example of that unwarranted hate. Your people love to hate. Unfortunately, the hate is based on nothing but a lie and envy. Otherwise y'all won't flood the land of those you hate scraping for your daily bread. We haven't lost any national voice whatever that means and Yes, the Yorubas still control the media, in print, on air and online. Deal with it.

The narrative is what we make it. Thank God we have principles that guide us (at least majorly) and we don't fall for the highest bidder. That's why the Lagos-Ibadan press leads the entire country in journalism. Deal with that too.

Pro-Jonathanists can never be progressives. Hammer that into your brain. Progressives don't loot their nation's central bank, do they?

grin grin cheesy cheesy
Oh Yes, the almighty Igbos, the mighty ones holding the fate of this country in their hands. Hahaha... pardon me. I just couldn't help laughing here. The only group that have been regularly fvcked in the @ss. Is the Igbo.

I wont even start with Ojukwu who led you into a war and abandoned you all to save his hide. Lets start with Jonathan. They rallied round Jonathan Because he put Azikiwe as his middle name. They adopted him as their son, he promised them a second Niger bridge, he fvcked them in the @ss and now they want to die for him because he lost an election. The man has moved on, So also has his group moved on.

But you? Since you have nothing politically anyway you decided that you must die with the man as this is the closest shot you'll ever have to the presidency.

Yorubas don't suck up to people or groups. It was the Yorubas that withstood the Hausa/Fulani cabal that was trying hard to make sure your saviour Jonathan was not cheated from his constitutional right as the President when Yar'adua died in power. Where were you lots? Sniffing around as usual for the group that had the highest amount of money to suck up to.

Jonathan only convened the Confab to use as a political weapon against the southwest Yorubas, which he did Anyway. He practically said "vote for me otherwise this confab reports will not see the light of day". Guess what we told him. "Go to hell with your confab report, you're not worthy to be anybody's president". That's gutsy and bold. A UK newspaper report labelled the idiot as an ineffectual buffoon. Need we say more?

If Professor Wole Soyinka was against the restructuring (which I doubt. I think your report is false) then that goes to show that we allow freedom of expression and personal views in Yorubaland without demonizing the person. The amiable Prof is still very much respected in Yorubaland.
National shame? I believe we define shame differently.

Shame is when Nigerians are labelled drug pushers in the international community Because If the money worshipping nature of some people.
Shame is when a leader of the said group states categorically that 99.9% of their ladies are prostitutes.
Shame is when we have baby factories litter all over our land.

Yoruba didn't betray anybody. They had no agreement nor did they swear an oath to do the bidding of the Ijaws or Igbos. So where the betrayal comes from, I don't know.

If your mentor Jonathan had performed even averagely as president he won't have lost the election. Buhari seemed a better choice and is actually a better choice. That's the simple truth. Forex shortage that has plunged the value of the Maura today was planted during Jonathan's time when he raided the central bank and started doling out hard currency to every group in the country including the association of witches and wizards.

No sense here. How has the North betrayed us?

The only lesson learnt here is How deep the hatred of Igbos for Yoruba is.

We would deal with the Yoruba betrayal at the right time, but this is the time for the entire South and the Middle Belt of Central Nigeria pull together with any other progressive forces to snatch Nigeria out of an evil grip

This only reinforces my notion that your hatred for Yorubas run deep and it colors every decision you make in life.
Isn't it amazing How the name Yoruba influences your daily lives in the east? Amazing.

Keep up the hatred.

12 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 9:01am On Jan 28, 2017
7lives:

Eyaa see pain, I support Buhari in 2015, I even campaign for him among my people, God willing, I shall still campaign for him in 2019.
T[b]he beauty of democracy is that you can vote for who you like.
[/b]All your votes has always been PDP and am not angry with it so what's your obsession with who I vote for?, e be like say cockroaches dey una brain. Ozuors.

The real beauty is that you will live to suffer the consequences of your bitter votes. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 28, 2017
It is always painful when one reflects on the opportunities lost by bringing APC on board. Under Jonathan the private sector had gained some traction; was starting to grow. Today most companies can barely afford workers salaries. Some have closed shop. I was pained watching Innoson chairman lament the dearth of foreign exchange; how it has ruined their business. I wonder if it is a deliberate effort to kill off small businesses as a collateral damage from vengeful politics.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 28, 2017
jomonic:
It is always painful when one reflects on the opportunities lost by bringing APC on board. Under Jonathan the private sector had gained some traction; was starting to grow. Today most companies can barely afford workers salaries. Some have closed shop. I was pained watching Innoson chairman lament the dearth of foreign exchange; how it has ruined their business. I wonder if it is a deliberate effort to kill off small businesses as a collateral damage from vengeful politics.

You guys don't love hearing the truth, neither do you like speaking it.

When Jonathan was sharing dollars prior to the 2015 elections, y'all were happy. He's a generous man you all shouted. You are now shouting paucity of forex. Well welcome to the consequences of his actions and inactions.

3 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 28, 2017
vanbonattel:

The real beauty is that you will live to suffer the consequences of your bitter votes. grin

As If you're not suffering it. Do you even have a job?

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 28, 2017
vanbonattel:

Lol. I think you need to leave Lagos or Ibadan or wherever you're holed up in in the Southwest and move to the east and tell them to look beyond tribal sentiments.

Igbos are clannish. That's a given. You guys voted for Jonathan AGAIN even when he hadn't done anything for you. He failed to fulfil his promise of a second Niger bridge yet y'all queued behind him to lick his @ss one more time during the election like the rudderless ship that you are.

When the Yorubas voted Jonathan enmasse in 2011, were you still in your mother's womb then?

Your 2015 vote for Jonathan was out of spite for Buhari. We proved to you that you have no political muscle in this country. So there...

6 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 28, 2017
vanbonattel:

Just shows How clueless you are.

Obasanjo was roundly rejected by his people because they felt he wouldnt make a good president. They were right.

You don't know what drives the political ambition of Yorubas So don't pretend like you do.

Yours is driven by pecuniary gains and clannish interest. So It's not surprising that you are baffled with the way Yorubas play the game.

It's OK. It will take a long time for you guys to mature politically in the meanwhile you can resume your play in the kiddy pool.

4 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 28, 2017
Afonja-lization smiley

6 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 28, 2017
vanbonattel:

Talking of betrayal, it was the Yoruba that betrayed Jonathan massively. Remember that Jonathan begged the yorubas for votes in 2011 but many Yoruba states voted APC while in the south south and south east, it was 100% for Jonathan.

Jonathan also worked to be friends with all , particularly the Yoruba. He gave them positions everywhere, including key advisers and ministerial positions. But the Yoruba wanted more. They revolted against Jonathan with negative press. Let it be on record that the bad name Jonathan got was as a result of Yoruba press. They thought Goodluck is feeding the Igbos with chicken every morning. So they framed him for all the whole corruption stories, real or imagined.

In 2015, the south west had drawn a battle line and swore to fight jonathan, for no reason at all. Jonathan in his usual meekness went down on his knees and begged them, appealed to high ranking traditional rulers and even gave then money to mobilise the their campaign teams. But all to no avail.

The yorubas walked into the mistake with their eyes wide open. They chose to dine with the enemy, alas, with a very short spoon! I don't feel any pity for the yorubas. They brought this bad name to all, particularly to themselves. History will always remember this grave error.
well said bro.

4 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by ElectGINeer(m): 9:40am On Jan 28, 2017
owobokiri:

When Yoruba nobe mumu, Jonathan lose die with that.
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=vanbonattel post=53197754]

We will need proof that Yorubas voted against Jonathan in 2011 when it is public and common knowledge that Jonathan won in all Yoruba states. You are a confounded liar.

I've always said that you guys have a bolt or two loose in your head. You should see a mechanic or something.
"So they framed him for all the whole corruption stories..." even the ones that were confessed to by his cronies arrested by EFCC and DSS? shocked are you OK sir?

"Jonathan worked to be friends with everyone..." I didn't know that that was the president's job description. "To be friends with everyone". Mumu thinking.

Lolest. At least I'm happy you know and admit that he "gave them money". That's enough for me. If you can't see it then this nation has no future in it's youths.

You are a kid. I'll advice you to stop listening to your uncles' beer parlor talks and actually pick up a book and read. You can start with newspapers then gradually graduate to reading actual books and when I say books I don't mean James hardley chase or mills and boons.

7 Likes

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by ElectGINeer(m): 9:46am On Jan 28, 2017
vanbonattel:

She you too no de suffer it? Na only me de buy rice for #22k per bag?
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 28, 2017
Ioannes:

You guys don't love hearing the truth, neither do you like speaking it.

When Jonathan was sharing dollars prior to the 2015 elections, y'all were happy. He's a generous man you all shouted. You are now shouting paucity of forex. Well welcome to the consequences of his actions and inactions.

Jonathan was not perfect. I agree there was corruption during his tenure. But don't make it look like his was an isolated case. There has been corruption in all previous governments from inception, including Obasanjo’s government. Obasanjo teamed up with renegades to kidnap a sitting governor in Anambra state. Am sure this is an act of benevolence in your eyes. There is also corruption in this Buharis government. So, your remark about sharing dollar is very insincere and I know it is the usual refrain to support a weak argument and a baseless and vengeful political stance. Jonathan stood head over hills in terms of bringing governance to all Nigerians. No other president has done that and am sure that was the problem he had with the Yoruba and Hausa / Fulani who think Nigeria belong to them. Nothing to do with corruption. The Yoruba felt slighted because they are accustomed to being spoon fed. A choice between Jonathan and Buhari is one between good and evil. Are you happy that the same person who is claims to fight corruption looks the other way when his clan commit genocide. Is that not a contradiction? Just keep deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB and Kanu: An Investigative Look scrutiny / More Condemnations Trail Northern Youths' Ultimatum To Igbos. / Shehu Sani Reveals Governors Allegedly Responsible For Herdsmen Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.