Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. (100824 Views)

UNIBEN Final Year Student, Freedom, Dies (Disturbing Photos)) / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / 10 Unexplained Photographs And The Stories Behind Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 9:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
Feraz:
You and Lord just dey vex this night. But I cannot fault your submission. . .I understand you.

I'm very fine.

Chief just look at how many likes the first person that unfairly condemned Carter got and you'd understand the reason for the anger.

People read responses and accept them as fact. So when people read responses that are untrue, they accept these untrue responses as facts. And then convince other people. When enough people convince other people, this untrue conjecture is then accepted as widely-acknowledged fact and the truth is fazed off or taken as blind justification.

History is rewritten and good people are labeled as bad people. It's that easy.

We may have been a tad off with our retorts, but considering the issue at hand (and especially noting that the problems that the issue is meant to address is still on-going, kids are still starving in Sudan as the conflict rages on as we speak), you can understand why we are livid that fellow Africans can be so unfair to one of their own (Carter is South African) without so much as doing a thorough check.

-Lord

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by VanBommel(m): 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
cstr55:

Don't mind these nutjobs on nairaland.
See them all posing like good people. I remember that 17 year IPOB boy that was shot to death by a useless police officer, and the reactions on that thread was debilitating to the extent that i was nearly traumatized. I am not used to such savagery.
It was totally savage reaction from the same people mewing and ohing hypocritically on this thread like they actually know what it means to be humane.
Over 2 million people mostly vulnerable people died in the Nigerian civil war, and yet it is unrecognized and even mocked on this forum.
Such scale of death and loss unprecedented in black Africa. Some of the animals on this forum even go as far as posting pictures of starving biafran children as a sort of jibe at the igbo nation.
Utterly savage nation with a savage people.
Their leaders are a curse to them from the universe as a punishment for their savagery.
Animals. angry
a million likes for this comment kiss kiss kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by tillaman(m): 9:46pm On Jan 28, 2017
What a life
Explorers:
A well-fed man stealing corn from starving child during the distribution of food. Ajiep, Sudan, 1998.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
The best post so far on Nairaland. Thanks OP. You are walking archive.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
I just lost my appetite for food, what are these images supposed to teach us... tsk
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

Oga it is a crime but it is not terrorism.

I don't know who your English teacher was, but you need to be re-schooled.

You may want to make a point of extremism being present in religions outside Islam which is a decent point. But this example is not the example to use.

-Lord

You can keep fooling yourself and lots..
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by dandollar1: 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
fourfunmi:
No he didn't, he went on a fact-finding mission, a number of ppl asked to be taken along back to the states, they tried to facilitate their paper sos as to travel, a guy posed as a defectee, followed them to the plan tarmac, booomm!! Massacre....he was joined by others and they shot the Senator guy(Ryan something),some members of the delegate(press inclusive) and some of the defectees who wanted to leave.
The boss had to make them all drink the poison before the authorities got to him. The picture gives me the creeps everytime I remember. Gosh!
Sorry for my long epistle.
look for the movie, guyana. It's an old film, watched it over 20years ago. Very touching movie.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by VanBommel(m): 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
ZUBY77:

You mean the people who stone an old woman because they think she is a witch?
I'm talking of people like the boko haram members and other kids brainwashed by their clergymen. Nobody here is ready to die for a cause
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by dandollar1: 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

What was his religion and which denomination did Jones belong to
it was more of a cult. Watch guyana. You'll understand better.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
VanBommel:
the religious bigot just posted that to start up a stupid religious argument. Ignore him

Noted.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Friedyokes: 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

The kid got to the feeding center safely, you irresponsible dimbat.

As I said you are an ignorant oaf that doesn't deserve to live.

If you can't pay attention and confirm what happened and didn't happen before hastily passing judgement, you would appear very stu*id. He fended off the vulture and ensured the child got to the feeding center. He couldn't do any more than that. And he accurately said that he wasn't sure that child would survive for long.

Have you ever visited North Korea or Cuba or any of the repressive regimes around the world? Do you know that you can't go with a camera with a resolution of more than 20m in North Korea, and when you leave your photos are scrutinized and questionable ones are deleted?

Do you know how many journalists and photographers trying to get the word out in these despicable regions get killed annually?

Or do you think if he had tried to take that child back with him and got shot by the soldiers who were under stern orders not to let him interfere, that we would have that picture?

Why not you take a camera and go to war-torn South Sudan or Somalia or CAR and take pictures and start ferrying people you feel deserve help to Nigeria you judgemental pr*ck. Let's see if you'd ever make it out of Sudan alive on your first voyage.

So Carter is the enemy now? For showing us a picture that we only hear in the stories and rarely believe?

You are despicable.

I know people like you are used to seeing burnt remains of people, crushed heads of murder victims, starving kids accused of witchcraftcy, shallow graves filled with murdered protesters. Carter was not. He couldn't stomach all the horrors he saw in Sudan and ended the depression the only way he knew how to.

Not everyone is a cold, numbless, emotionally-scarred neophyte like you.

Carter has gone to a better place. That photo while drawing condemnation from harbingers of death like you also drew outrage from good people who pressured International intervention that resulted in the splitting of Sudan. While that may not have been enough, Carter saved more lives in his death than you have in your lifetime.

The world loses good people when people like Carter dies. You on the other hand would not be missed.

-Lord
you deserve a billion likes for this.....rarely do you find someone who thinks on nairaland

7 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by xtremeTall(m): 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2017
Indeed..EXPLORER
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by DonMekino(m): 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
please is dat the origin of *Ouch* ??

I mean the Japanese nuclear guy
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Mouthgag: 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
oloriooko:

What are you spewing?
He had the effontry to take the pic but was under strict supervision not to help the kid? But he was not stopped from taking the pic, what a senseless argument!
Nothing could have stopped him from making sure the kid got to the feeding center safely but you are there making up stories to defend the guy.
So why did he kill himself? I think he could not face the shame of his wicked action and indifference to that kid
You will make a very bad judge... Think rationally.

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by grafixdon: 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
viexcey:

Mind is very powerful. Had it been she knew, I'm sure she won't have survived it.

You're absolutely right

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Audrinakane(f): 10:25pm On Jan 28, 2017
Nice thread op. Always educative, this is really shocking and it just sends chills down my spine. Keep it up.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by grafixdon: 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
Snow5:

Think twice before u start crying...

Don't believe anything everything u see or hear from the Internet..

Who captured the picture?
And allowed d man got away with the corn.. (the food there looks like corn)

And why would a sane person share this as a food to almost half dead human? Where does the good samaritan thinks this being would get stove or gas to cook this meal?

Think of these things now.. And tell me..

And if it's true(which I know it's not, the kid might be probably begging the man for food) why did the photographer or who ever took that pics not fight for the child? Cos from the pics here.. It's clearly known that a matured photographer might have been d one that took that shot.

I stand to be corrected!!

You took the words straight frm my mind. I respect u sir.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Ugosample(m): 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

The kid got to the feeding center safely, you irresponsible dimbat.

As I said you are an ignorant oaf that doesn't deserve to live.

If you can't pay attention and confirm what happened and didn't happen before hastily passing judgement, you would appear very stu*id. He fended off the vulture and ensured the child got to the feeding center. He couldn't do any more than that. And he accurately said that he wasn't sure that child would survive for long.

Have you ever visited North Korea or Cuba or any of the repressive regimes around the world? Do you know that you can't go with a camera with a resolution of more than 20m in North Korea, and when you leave your photos are scrutinized and questionable ones are deleted?

Do you know how many journalists and photographers trying to get the word out in these despicable regions get killed annually?

Or do you think if he had tried to take that child back with him and got shot by the soldiers who were under stern orders not to let him interfere, that we would have that picture?

Why not you take a camera and go to war-torn South Sudan or Somalia or CAR and take pictures and start ferrying people you feel deserve help to Nigeria you judgemental pr*ck. Let's see if you'd ever make it out of Sudan alive on your first voyage.

So Carter is the enemy now? For showing us a picture that we only hear in the stories and rarely believe?

You are despicable.

I know people like you are used to seeing burnt remains of people, crushed heads of murder victims, starving kids accused of witchcraftcy, shallow graves filled with murdered protesters. Carter was not. He couldn't stomach all the horrors he saw in Sudan and ended the depression the only way he knew how to.

Not everyone is a cold, numbless, emotionally-scarred neophyte like you.

Carter has gone to a better place. That photo while drawing condemnation from harbingers of death like you also drew outrage from good people who pressured International intervention that resulted in the splitting of Sudan. While that may not have been enough, Carter saved more lives in his death than you have in your lifetime.

The world loses good people when people like Carter dies. You on the other hand would not be missed.

-Lord

very good submission
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by teeghurl(f): 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
Snow5:

I don't go about posting my good deeds on the Internet..

Every single day I walk passed any begger.. I give the highest currency in my wallet... I ain't saying it to show case my giving attitude... But its cos u asked

And I wont buy biscuit for 100 starved kids just to put it on the Internet to record a large number.. I would rather buy a nice meal(a plate of rice or something much more healthier) for TEN starving kids to get them satisfied and keep the hope alive..

U Done eat pop corn before as breakfast? Anything worth doing is worth doing well...

And for the records... The last festive period u know what I did? I gave out the best meal to the starved and orphans in my neighborhood... And gave almost all #500 naira each...

I dint tell my friends about it.. I did it for goodness sake.... And am telling you cos you asked!!

Thanks for your time.
You really don't owe him any explanation you know

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by slysteel: 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:
Starving Sudanese child is stalked, and eyed hungrily, by a starving vulture.

This contrast of a plump vulture and a starving, emaciated Sudanese girl is striking, alarming and won the photographer, Kevin Carter, a Pulitzer Prize for feature photography.

The girl was on her way to a feeding center, when she collapsed.

When asked about the fate of the girl, Kevin Carter said that she resumed her trek to the center, while he chased away the vulture.

However, he added, that it is unlikely she survived.
You forgot to add that the image captured by this photographer (Kevin carter) hunted him for years until he finally committed suicide.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by bestpunterever: 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2017
Snow5:

I don't go about posting my good deeds on the Internet..

Every single day I walk passed any begger.. I give the highest currency in my wallet... I ain't saying it to show case my giving attitude... But its cos u asked

And I wont buy biscuit for 100 starved kids just to put it on the Internet to record a large number.. I would rather buy a nice meal(a plate of rice or something much more healthier) for TEN starving kids to get them satisfied and keep the hope alive..

U Done eat pop corn before as breakfast? Anything worth doing is worth doing well...

And for the records... The last festive period u know what I did? I gave out the best meal to the starved and orphans in my neighborhood... And gave almost all #500 naira each...

I dint tell my friends about it.. I did it for goodness sake.... And am telling you cos you asked!!

Thanks for your time.
picture or....
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by koladebrainiac(m): 10:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:
Starving Sudanese child is stalked, and eyed hungrily, by a starving vulture.

This contrast of a plump vulture and a starving, emaciated Sudanese girl is striking, alarming and won the photographer, Kevin Carter, a Pulitzer Prize for feature photography.

The girl was on her way to a feeding center, when she collapsed.

When asked about the fate of the girl, Kevin Carter said that she resumed her trek to the center, while he chased away the vulture.

However, he added, that it is unlikely she survived.
Remember this pix wen i was young.

They later condemned the man for not rescuing the girl that e eventually committed suicide when he realised his mistakes
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by TheeDetective: 10:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
Good observation. The picture doesn’t correlate with the wording of the captured photograph. Indeed not everything you see or read on the internet/news media is true/factual and one needs to be cautious when viewing text and pictures portrayed on the internet/news media as true/factual so as to avoid being deceived as we are now in the era of news being term as FAKE NEWS.
Snow5:

Think twice before u start crying...

Don't believe anything everything u see or hear from the Internet..

Who captured the picture?
And allowed d man got away with the corn.. (the food there looks like corn)

And why would a sane person share this as a food to almost half dead human? Where does the good samaritan thinks this being would get stove or gas to cook this meal?

Think of these things now.. And tell me..

And if it's true(which I know it's not, the kid might be probably begging the man for food) why did the photographer or who ever took that pics not fight for the child? Cos from the pics here.. It's clearly known that a matured photographer might have been d one that took that shot.

I stand to be corrected!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Snow5(m): 10:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
teeghurl:
You really don't owe him any explanation you know

That's cos he asked..

I even weak self for giving so much info..

Thanks anyways.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by SaintChukz(m): 10:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
Mzsolmi:
please worabout the neatly arranged human parts idi amin stored in his refrigerator?
Why not take it upon yourself to research it and probably do a NL post on it instead of asking half witted questions riddled with wrong spellings on here.

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Snow5(m): 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
bestpunterever:
picture or....
. In fact... I was lying.
Nor vex.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Laconfidential(m): 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

You may want to make a point of extremism being present in religions outside Islam which is a decent point. But this example is not the example to use.

-Lord

There's just so much hate and criminality in the world these days........
Almost every front page thread on nairaland.. There's always a set of people instigating/starting religious or ethnic feuds
I do really agree with your points
Criminals with always find a guise to give a bad name to any ethnicity or religion
Extremism for me is just a guise for criminalilty regardless of whatever religion or ethnic group
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Snow5(m): 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
grafixdon:

You took the words straight frm my mind. I respect u sir.
Thanks for sharing your views.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Laconfidential(m): 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

-Lord

There's just so much hate and criminality in the world these days........
Almost every front page thread on nairaland.. There's always a set of people instigating/starting religious or ethnic feuds
I do really agree with your points
Criminals with always find a guise to give a bad name to any ethnicity or religion
Extremism for me is just a guise for criminalilty regardless of whatever religion or ethnic group
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Snow5(m): 11:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
TheeDetective:
Good observation. The picture doesn’t correlate with the wording of the captured photograph. Indeed not everything you see or read on the internet/news media is true/factual and one needs to be cautious when viewing text and pictures portrayed on the internet/news media as true/factual so as to avoid being deceived as we are now in the era of news being term as FAKE NEWS.

Cool..

Lets scrutinize any post or pics on the Internet before placing a comment..

With common sense..we can figure out what's true or what's not.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by SaintChukz(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
koladebrainiac:

Remember this pix wen i was young.

They later condemned the man for not rescuing the girl that e eventually committed suicide when he realised his mistakes

Please quit making the same daft mistake the others who have been reading this thread have been making. Simply read that story again, Carter was however helpless in any attempt to help the starving child. He actually did the photo shoot for the rest of the world to positively react which they still failed to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Unilorin Admission List / JSS Student Wants Sex From Female Corper Teacher In Enugu In Her Room / UNILAG Cold Room Where Sex For Marks Takes Place: Don Jazzy, Uche Jombo React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.