Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. (100732 Views)

UNIBEN Final Year Student, Freedom, Dies (Disturbing Photos)) / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / 10 Unexplained Photographs And The Stories Behind Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Dangwani(m): 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
Snow5:

I don't go about posting my good deeds on the Internet..

Every single day I walk passed any begger.. I give the highest currency in my wallet... I ain't saying it to show case my giving attitude... But its cos u asked

And I wont buy biscuit for 100 starved kids just to put it on the Internet to record a large number.. I would rather buy a nice meal(a plate of rice or something much more healthier) for TEN starving kids to get them satisfied and keep the hope alive..

U Done eat pop corn before as breakfast? Anything worth doing is worth doing well...

And for the records... The last festive period u know what I did? I gave out the best meal to the starved and orphans in my neighborhood... And gave almost all #500 naira each...

I dint tell my friends about it.. I did it for goodness sake.... And am telling you cos you asked!!

Thanks for your time.
be honest to yourself man.....
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Ishilove: 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2017
vatiqan:

83 days, two months, three weeks, two day. Pls thank me.
Thank you

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by monalicious(f): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
LordAdam7:

The kid got to the feeding center safely, you irresponsible dimbat.

As I said you are an ignorant oaf that doesn't deserve to live.

If you can't pay attention and confirm what happened and didn't happen before hastily passing judgement, you would appear very stu*id. He fended off the vulture and ensured the child got to the feeding center. He couldn't do any more than that. And he accurately said that he wasn't sure that child would survive for long.

Have you ever visited North Korea or Cuba or any of the repressive regimes around the world? Do you know that you can't go with a camera with a resolution of more than 20m in North Korea, and when you leave your photos are scrutinized and questionable ones are deleted?

Do you know how many journalists and photographers trying to get the word out in these despicable regions get killed annually?

Or do you think if he had tried to take that child back with him and got shot by the soldiers who were under stern orders not to let him interfere, that we would have that picture?

Why not you take a camera and go to war-torn South Sudan or Somalia or CAR and take pictures and start ferrying people you feel deserve help to Nigeria you judgemental pr*ck. Let's see if you'd ever make it out of Sudan alive on your first voyage.

So Carter is the enemy now? For showing us a picture that we only hear in the stories and rarely believe?

You are despicable.

I know people like you are used to seeing burnt remains of people, crushed heads of murder victims, starving kids accused of witchcraftcy, shallow graves filled with murdered protesters. Carter was not. He couldn't stomach all the horrors he saw in Sudan and ended the depression the only way he knew how to.

Not everyone is a cold, numb, emotionally-scarred neophyte like you.

Carter has gone to a better place. That photo while drawing condemnation from harbingers of death like you also drew outrage from good people who pressured International intervention that resulted in the splitting of Sudan. While that may not have been enough, Carter saved more lives in his death than you have in your lifetime.

The world loses good people when people like Carter dies. You on the other hand would not be missed.

-Lord
I understand ur anger/passion, but u don't have to be so vulgar.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2017
monalicious:

I do when we are talking about unappreciative self-righteous people mocking someone's death. These are not human beings that one should be civil to. They are barbarians.

-Lord
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by monalicious(f): 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2017
LordAdam7:

I do when we are talking about unappreciative self-righteous people mocking someone's death. These are not human beings that one should be civil to. They are barbarians.

-Lord
Most times they write ou of ignorance. All u have to do is enlighten them. Leave the barbarian part
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
monalicious:

Most times they write ou of ignorance. All u have to do is enlighten them. Leave the barbarian part

Of course they write out of ignorance. But not all ignorant people write like that.

I do not comment on all issues I feel need straightening out on NL. That'd be a full-time job. I only comment on the most depressing, and unfortunately so is my tone. I wouldn't treat a savage like a civilized person. Respect is earned.

If a person can't respect the sanctity of human life, that person doesn't deserve being respected like a human. That's the point I'm passing across.

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Snow5(m): 3:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
Dangwani:
be honest to yourself man.....
Thanks for stopping by.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Snow5(m): 3:17pm On Jan 29, 2017
Logician:

It is possible he was stopped after the photographer took the shot.
Whatever thought you give to it... It's fine!!
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Charles4075(m): 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Ants don't like honey....
Oya, bring your balls here lemme dip it in honey and take you to my farm. You will know what I'm talking about.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
Charles4075:
Oya, bring your balls here lemme dip it in honey and take you to my farm. You will know what I'm talking about.

Except it's a new specie I m not aware of.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by makizee(m): 6:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
Explorers:
A couple was on their honeymoon in Australia while this rare photo was taken.

It was believed that the couple entered the ocean together and the husband left his wife lying at the bottom of the ocean.

It is also believed that he must have turned off her air regulator too.

As newlyweds, Gabe and Tina went on a scuba diving
excursion in Australia.

Just before this photograph was taken (by an unsuspecting friend of the diver posing in the foreground),

Gabe was seen giving her what looked to be a bear hug.

In reality, he was likely disabling her air regulator and holding her down until she lost consciousness.

When he finally resurfaced for help, he swam leisurely back to the boat and calmly notified an instructor that his wife was experiencing difficulty.

The diver swimming towards Tina in this photo is the instructor struggling to rescue her, but it was already too late.

Back in America, Gabe Watson was acquitted of murder charges based on lack of evidence and cashed in big due to Tina’s substantial life insurance policy, and the dangerous environment in which she perished.
He was convicted of manslaughter though
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by mcfynest(m): 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
SPDAZZY:

So he couldn't help her to the feeding center. Na award and vulture im dey find. Smh

He committed suicide afterwards
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by 1miccza: 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
Oga Explorers I doff my hat at these wonderful pieces of research.keep up the good work
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by cybriz82(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
LordAdam7:

Don't display your ignorance and stupidity.

If you can't read English, ask someone to translate the account to your native language.

Where in the account was it written that he said "the girl chased the vulture away"?

-Lord

haaaa aburo oloshi...jur ma binu...sorry ooo didnt knw kelvin is ur elder brother.no vex abeg.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by cybriz82(m): 10:12pm On Jan 29, 2017
LordAdam7:

Don't display your ignorance and stupidity.

If you can't read English, ask someone to translate the account to your native language.

Where in the account was it written that he said "the girl chased the vulture away"?

-Lord
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Estrada(m): 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
monalicious:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
I've not laughed this hard all day. That post really got me cracking. Free him biko.
Dude took on a flock of shallow minds and came off unscathed!
You should applaud him.

3 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by teddybear16(m): 1:52am On Jan 30, 2017
tk4rd:
913 people willingly killed themselves by themselves on their own.??
Just by hearing the words of preaching.??
The pastor must be gifted with some good detergents and soap inside his tongue, for him to have washed these people's brains so clean.
they were forced
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by teddybear16(m): 2:07am On Jan 30, 2017
CHARLOE:

Just wondering how d senator that went there to Investigate died, did he drink d poisonous juice?
his helicopter was ambushed. he and four other people gunned
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Michellla(f): 7:34am On Jan 30, 2017
lanicky:

Yeah.. I just wanted to say hi
Sure.. I am.
What about you?
aww sure fing thanks tons cheesy
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Rockyrascal(m): 8:42am On Jan 30, 2017
Explorers:
This woman in this photo is actually dead.

Her husband took it two days after she passed away.

There’s no word on what her cause of death was.

Photographs (similar to the one above) of deceased loved ones were a normal part of American and European culture in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
jesu shocked.....this one is actually amazing
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Giel: 11:04am On Jan 30, 2017
LordAdam7:

Of course they write out of ignorance. But not all ignorant people write like that.

I do not comment on all issues I feel need straightening out on NL. That'd be a full-time job. I only comment on the most depressing, and unfortunately so is my tone. I wouldn't treat a savage like a civilized person. Respect is earned.

If a person can't respect the sanctity of human life, that person doesn't deserve being respected like a human. That's the point I'm passing across.

-Lord
please ignore all those people complaining about how u responded. when they were attacking the man without doing simple research, they didn't bother about their tone. now they are crying when they saw some one ready to answer them. mtcheww.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2017
Giel:

please ignore all those people complaining about how u responded. when they were attacking the man without doing simple research, they didn't bother about their tone. now they are crying when they saw some one ready to answer them. mtcheww.

Don't mind them jare. They like playing the victim card when called out.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by tk4rd: 12:09pm On Jan 31, 2017
teddybear16:
they were forced
Forced.??
Were they surrounded with heavily armed men that would gun down anyone that refused to commit the suicide or tried to escape.??
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by stanboy28(m): 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
Snow5:

Listen carefully my friend..

I believe the picture... But the story attached to it? I can't believe such and I refuse to believe such story..

Go back to the post again.. Look at the picture clearly and read the post attached to it slowly.. So you would understand it this time perfectly well and tell me what you think again.
. There is nothing bloggers won't do just to get traffic to their site... (I ain't saying Explorer is a blogger or one of such) this are what bloggers do to get cheap attention

BAD NEWS ARE GOOD NEWS FOR THE MEDIAN/BLOGGERS.

thanks for your time.
ok sir
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by wardell30(m): 9:44am On Feb 04, 2017
Emmayayodeji

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
Berbierklaus is this how u ignore people smiley?
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Berbierklaus(f): 1:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Blacklister:
Berbierklaus is this how u ignore people smiley?
No sir shocked
How may I help you?
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
Berbierklaus:

No sir shocked
How may I help you?
undecided u seph no ma undecided undecided
Not as if u didn't get my previous mention
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Berbierklaus(f): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
Blacklister:
undecided u seph no ma undecided undecided Not as if u didn't get my previous mention
My oga sir,mentions plenty cheesy which on is your own
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
Berbierklaus:

My oga sir,mentions plenty cheesy
which on is your own
I see. Nairaland celeb undecided check Ur mentions. angryAnyways I mentioned u to ask bout d girl on Ur dp.. I seem to have met her somewhere.. Or something close to that. I Sha no say I know her. She's Nancy if my memory serves me right
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Berbierklaus(f): 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
Blacklister:

I see. Nairaland celeb undecided check Ur mentions. angryAnyways I mentioned u to ask bout d girl on Ur dp.. I seem to have met her somewhere.. Or something close to that. I Sha no say I know her. She's Nancy if my memory serves me right
Really? shocked
Where did you meet her?

This one on my dp is not Named Nancy though her name is Toun,maybe they look alike
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Really? shocked
Where did you meet her?

This one on my dp is not Named Nancy though her name is Toun,maybe they look alike
méjì méjì L'Olohun dá wa àbí? grin cheesy undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Unilorin Admission List / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / JSS Student Wants Sex From Female Corper Teacher In Enugu In Her Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.