Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,943 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. (100823 Views)

UNIBEN Final Year Student, Freedom, Dies (Disturbing Photos)) / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / 10 Unexplained Photographs And The Stories Behind Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Laconfidential(m): 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
VanBommel:
I'm talking of people like the boko haram members and other kids brainwashed by their clergymen. Nobody here is ready to die for a cause

Those are just good guises for perpetrating criminalilty......they do not preach the true tenets of any religion.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by realoscar84(m): 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
SPDAZZY:

So he couldn't help her to the feeding center. Na award and vulture im dey find. Smh
the photographer. Committed suicide few months after he took the photo
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by koladebrainiac(m): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
SaintChukz:

Please quit making the same daft mistake the others who have been reading this thread have been making. Simply read that story again, Carter was however helpless in any attempt to help the starving child. He actually did the photo shoot for the rest of the world to positively react which they still failed to do.
young man what u trying to say?
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by hakimi1974(m): 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:
A well-fed man stealing corn from starving child during the distribution of food. Ajiep, Sudan, 1998.
9ja polithiefcians come's to mind.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by TheeDetective: 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
Very true and I agree with you on that relating to the internet. Though the internet itself is used to provide reasonable and valuable information, it is also used as an avenue to deceive the gullible ones. Hence, one really needs to put on their thinking cap when viewing information on the internet so as not to be thoroughly deceived. Besides, I really had to look at some of the pictures provided as information on this thread and use logical and common sense reasoning to deduce that some of the pictures shown doesn't corrolate with the wording provided.

Thanks for your time as well.
Snow5:

Cool..

Lets scrutinize any post or pics on the Internet before placing a comment..

With common sense..we can figure out what's true or what's not.

Thanks for your time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by lanicky(f): 11:26pm On Jan 28, 2017
monalicious:

So on point
We pray never to find ourselves in such situations

Amen.. smiley
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by SPDAZZY(f): 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

You guys disgust me! Read.

Instead of finding out what Carter did after the photo, you guys blindly concluded that he took the photo for fame.

Since Carter took that photo to today, more than 3 million Sudanese have died, most of them starving children (some probably eaten by vultures), hundreds of thousand have been raped. The sectarian conflict in Sudan continues to this day.

Carter risked his life and the sanctity of the First World to brace the harsh realities of the Third World. And perhaps gave the world the biggest reveal of the situation in Sudan that spurred International intervention that recently culminated in the breakup of Sudan and creation of South Sudan.

Instead of him to be celebrated, you guys are loathing him, seemingly celebrating his misfortune.

Any normal human who has seen all the things Carter saw will be scarred for life. The highest suicide rate in America is amongst military veterans. Carter saw worse.

We are in this country where more than 250 people were supposedly mistakenly killed in a bomb blast by the Nigerian Airforce and there has been no protest. What have you personally done to lend your voice to say that is unacceptable. 1 billion people go to bed hungry every day on this planet. How much have you donated to feed these people? When last did you remember these people exist?

Carter is a hero. May his soul rest in peace. And may we not lack people who dare show us things we often don't want to see or believe to be real. While people like you do their best to ridicule good and facts.

Tomorrow, you guys would end up in Church praying to a big man in the Sky, asking for a world where there are no deaths, when you guys have done nothing to help the one you're in.

Rubbish!

-Lord

You could have stated your thoughts without insulting us. I maintain that what he did was wrong. Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. It wasn't enough for him to chase away the vulture.

He saw the weakness in the child, he should have done more. If he felt he was a hero anyway, he should not have committed suicide.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Michellla(f): 11:28pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

You are a disgrace to mankind.

Did you even bother to read the account intently?

The photographer fended off the vulture and couldn't help the child because he was held back by the Sudanese military men monitoring his movements.

He said the child eventually got to the feeding center. But that he was unsure that the child would survive for long.

Maybe you need to use the bio organ in your skull, rather than respond like a zombie.

-Lord
half of the people on here didnt read up the story,
Tin-pot critics

3 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by ICAMETOWIN(m): 11:35pm On Jan 28, 2017
edudguy:
She was also hallucinating for days before she passed away people tried to pull her away but it was found out that if she was pulled out her body will be divided into two... the first time I saw this image it gave me the creeps..I saw it in a website.....forgotten the website...

LISTVERSE
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by SaintChukz(m): 11:37pm On Jan 28, 2017
koladebrainiac:
young man what u trying to say?
Old man by the time you eventually learn how to string together a well written sentence, then maybe, just maybe you'd be fortunate enough to be attentive at reading.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by AK481(m): 11:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
CHARLOE:

Just wondering how d senator that went there to Investigate died, did he drink d poisonous juice?
He was assasinated By jones members,seemingly on jones order.he simply took some people who wanted to defect.

Killed in an airplane by one of the supposed defector.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by ICAMETOWIN(m): 11:41pm On Jan 28, 2017
SPDAZZY:

You could have stated your thoughts without insulting us. I maintain that what he did was wrong. Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. It wasn't enough for him to chase away the vulture.

He saw the weakness in the child, he should have done more. If he felt he was a hero anyway, he should not have committed suicide.

He could have done more what exactly? are you kidding me?if you want to criticize,do só with sense OK? Have you been in a war zone before?As for his suicide,who are you to judge?

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Heineken(m): 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2017
ICAMETOWIN:
He could have done more what exactly? are you kidding me?if you want to criticize,do só with sense OK? Have you been in a war zone before?As for his suicide,who are you to judge?
I tire for some people here sha.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
aieromon:

He was actually a congressman,Leo Ryan. He was shot by Jim Jones Brigade as he was trying to leave the island with other worshippers who wanted to denounce the Jim Jones followership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Ryan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

Just read about the congressman, such a pragmatic leader, sad he went that way. But that Jim Jones guy shaa ppl dey did world o
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Mzsolmi(f): 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
SaintChukz:
Why not take it upon yourself to research it and probably do a NL post on it instead of asking half witted questions riddled with wrong spellings on here.
Mr.saint teacher chukz..kindly respect your half witted fingers that typed this poo and don't ever quote me again if you have nothing to say.Brother,is idi amin your dad or your grand dad? Respect yourself sweetheart.Obrigado! Thank You!
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Michellla(f): 11:58pm On Jan 28, 2017
lanicky:

Amen.. smiley
hii saw your mention smiley said insufficient permission tho.
Hope you're great? :
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by cybriz82(m): 12:09am On Jan 29, 2017
Explorers:
Starving Sudanese child is stalked, and eyed hungrily, by a starving vulture.

This contrast of a plump vulture and a starving, emaciated Sudanese girl is striking, alarming and won the photographer, Kevin Carter, a Pulitzer Prize for feature photography.

The girl was on her way to a feeding center, when she collapsed.

When asked about the fate of the girl, Kevin Carter said that she resumed her trek to the center, while he chased away the vulture.

However, he added, that it is unlikely she survived.

so d kelvin been want mek d vulture eat d babe abi? n him evn get mouth to say d girl chase d vulture away n dey gave him award dat kelvin must b stupid.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by lanicky(f): 12:10am On Jan 29, 2017
Michellla:
hii saw your mention smiley said insufficient permission tho.
Hope you're great? :

Yeah.. I just wanted to say hi

Sure.. I am.

What about you?
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 12:16am On Jan 29, 2017
SPDAZZY:

Your moral compass is skewed?

Did you even read either versions of the story?

The official version is that he was with armed Sudanese military men that gave clear orders that he should not interfere. What more should he have done? Carry the child and get shot? Your type amazes me. Nothing is ever enough.

You still maintain your ignorance even when both accounts are clearly online to read. I don't know what to call you.

About committing suicide. Soldiers that go to victorious wars still go home and commit suicide. Anyone who saw what Carter saw and eventually tried to help but was condemned like he was would contemplate suicide and most likely give in. Don't stay holed up in your cocoon and think you know it all.

Read, inform yourself. Don't condemn good deeds.

-Lord

7 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by freecocoa(f): 12:23am On Jan 29, 2017
LordAdam7:

You guys disgust me! Read.

Instead of finding out what Carter did after the photo, you guys blindly concluded that he took the photo for fame.

Since Carter took that photo to today, more than 3 million Sudanese have died, most of them starving children (some probably eaten by vultures), hundreds of thousand have been raped. The sectarian conflict in Sudan continues to this day.

Carter risked his life and the sanctity of the First World to brace the harsh realities of the Third World. And perhaps gave the world the biggest reveal of the situation in Sudan that spurred International intervention that recently culminated in the breakup of Sudan and creation of South Sudan.

Instead of him to be celebrated, you guys are loathing him, seemingly celebrating his misfortune.

Any normal human who has seen all the things Carter saw will be scarred for life. The highest suicide rate in America is amongst military veterans. Carter saw worse.

We are in this country where more than 250 people were supposedly mistakenly killed in a bomb blast by the Nigerian Airforce and there has been no protest. What have you personally done to lend your voice to say that is unacceptable. 1 billion people go to bed hungry every day on this planet. How much have you donated to feed these people? When last did you remember these people exist?

Carter is a hero. May his soul rest in peace. And may we not lack people who dare show us things we often don't want to see or believe to be real. While people like you do their best to ridicule good and facts.

Tomorrow, you guys would end up in Church praying to a big man in the Sky, asking for a world where there are no deaths, when you guys have done nothing to help the one you're in.

Rubbish!

-Lord
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by stanboy28(m): 12:24am On Jan 29, 2017
Snow5:

Think twice before u start crying...

Don't believe anything everything u see or hear from the Internet..

Who captured the picture?
And allowed d man got away with the corn.. (the food there looks like corn)

And why would a sane person share this as a food to almost half dead human? Where does the good samaritan thinks this being would get stove or gas to cook this meal?

Think of these things now.. And tell me..

And if it's true(which I know it's not, the kid might be probably begging the man for food) why did the photographer or who ever took that pics not fight for the child? Cos from the pics here.. It's clearly known that a matured photographer might have been d one that took that shot.

I stand to be corrected!!
luk...jst dey ur own....u hear..if u dont bliv no pro.den i will knw u dont bliv d one abt the poor girl and vulture.....infact...jst go jare...
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 12:28am On Jan 29, 2017
cybriz82:

so d kelvin been want mek d vulture eat d babe abi? n him evn get mouth to say d girl chase d vulture away n dey gave him award dat kelvin must b stupid.

Don't display your ignorance and stupidity.

If you can't read English, ask someone to translate the account to your native language.

Where in the account was it written that he said "the girl chased the vulture away"?

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by odimbannamdi(m): 12:34am On Jan 29, 2017
Snow5:

Think twice before u start crying...

Don't believe anything everything u see or hear from the Internet..

Who captured the picture?
And allowed d man got away with the corn.. (the food there looks like corn)

And why would a sane person share this as a food to almost half dead human? Where does the good samaritan thinks this being would get stove or gas to cook this meal?

Think of these things now.. And tell me..

And if it's true(which I know it's not, the kid might be probably begging the man for food) why did the photographer or who ever took that pics not fight for the child? Cos from the pics here.. It's clearly known that a matured photographer might have been d one that took that shot.

I stand to be corrected!!

Good reasoning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by cybriz82(m): 12:35am On Jan 29, 2017
Explorers:
The body of John Torrington.

In the 1840s,John Torrington and a crew of 100 explorers sailed thousands of miles away from civilization in the arctic attempted to find the fabled Northwest Passage that would allow for quicker and safer travel between North America and Asia.

However, during the expedition, Torrington’s ship was damaged, and the crew was forced to abandon and trek back through Canada on foot.

No one made it back.

136 years another crew set sail to recover their bodies, upon opening the graves, the scientists were simply baffled by what they found: three perfectly preserved bodies who stared back at time.

Torrington’s body was buried along the way, perfectly preserved by the frigid temperatures.

see more here;

https://www.nairaland.com/3436658/amazing-mummy-discoveries-around-world

so who buryz dem in d first plc?
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by freecocoa(f): 12:40am On Jan 29, 2017
chuksp09:
Ah Op u have done it this time.
These images are scary and touchy, though i wonder what message u are trying to get across.
What do you mean you wonder what message he's trying to get across?

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by daveP(m): 12:40am On Jan 29, 2017
Explorers:
Starving Sudanese child is stalked, and eyed hungrily, by a starving vulture.

This contrast of a plump vulture and a starving, emaciated Sudanese girl is striking, alarming and won the photographer, Kevin Carter, a Pulitzer Prize for feature photography.

The girl was on her way to a feeding center, when she collapsed.

When asked about the fate of the girl, Kevin Carter said that she resumed her trek to the center, while he chased away the vulture.

However, he added, that it is unlikely she survived.
As a Kid that loved to always view the Encyclopaedia Brittanica 89/90 version then, this pix caught my attention always. Caption said she drank her urine for days while the vulture followed. Also said the Photographer committed suicide cos he did nothing to help the girl herself. Dunno which to believe now again

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by tk4rd: 1:02am On Jan 29, 2017
ZUBY77:

Nope.. The pastor was never gifted.
Rather the people were brainwashed and silly.

Who would blame them?
More than that number would die if TB jocrook orders them to do so in 2017.
YESS.!!
Whoever that brainwashed the brainwashed people must be a gifted brainwasher.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by stanboy28(m): 1:29am On Jan 29, 2017
DAramis:

Have you ever imagined what would have happened if he removed his cloth, wrapped the girl and carry her to the refuge center?
That is what real help entails. It is just like seeing a child walking to fire, instead of removing the child entirely from the place, you only shifted the fire and walk away.
My summary is that, his singular act of not rendering help when it is needed most, might has haunted him leading to the suicide.
Please watch a film called 'Schindler list'... Something like that name... It is about world War 2 and how an Austrian who had failed in virtually all business endeavors finally succeeded during war.... Circumstances made him to render help by risking his own life protecting the Jews.. Over 1000 all in the name of creating work for them.
Maybe, you will learn what empathy is called not 'creating an awareness like you called it with a likely hidden agenda of obtaining fame'.
Salaam
...hope u knw dat u ar a foOL...READ d story well u retard....dont u knw he was not allowed to interfer becos he was monitored by the sudan military.the least he could do was dat....and his empathy lead to his death...cos he saw tins he couldnt take...and he published d photo to raise awarness so pple wud do somtin like u shud do somtin like...but u instead end up criticising jst like dey did....

#I-AM-STANBOY

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Mcoldsoja(m): 3:00am On Jan 29, 2017
Haa! Nkan bé!!
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by GogetterMD(m): 6:27am On Jan 29, 2017
Decryptor:
[b][/b]

@bolded, that should be cold because decomposition rarely occurs in lower temperatures
Decomposition is greatly slowed also in higher less humid temperatures too. That's the science of mummification of the earlier Egyptians o
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 29, 2017
SPDAZZY:

So he couldn't help her to the feeding center. Na award and vulture im dey find. Smh
I learnt that he committed suicide, after realising that he could have saved the live of the child
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by chuksp09(m): 6:31am On Jan 29, 2017
freecocoa:
What do you mean you wonder what message he's trying to get across?
Okay, look at it this way. We are nigerians and in our various environments, we see quite a lot of abominable events and news; from the ripped up body of a soldier from a bomb blast, to the acid burnt body of a victim of a love triangle.
My point is that we have seen enough scary and enough mysterious events in our own small country, the Op knows this as well as other readerS, so no one needs another rehashing of our failing humanity.
I thought the Op went out of his way to bring up facts that would evoke excitable wonderment about our world, space and d likes; so his point in creating this topic is still obscure, i have seen a lot of "bad" Myself i dont need someone coming to tell me "hey there just look at how bad humanity can still get".

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Unilorin Admission List / JSS Student Wants Sex From Female Corper Teacher In Enugu In Her Room / UNILAG Cold Room Where Sex For Marks Takes Place: Don Jazzy, Uche Jombo React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.