Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,186 members, 7,957,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:36 PM

Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice (21440 Views)

Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Ego2(f): 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
blesoh:
Exactly my thoughts.
same here esp chewing the lil piece of coconutwink
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by yedidiah(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2017
Who dey chop coconut rice when Liverpool dey ravage my guys dem ticket again angry Well, as a Chelsea fan looking forward to Tuesday, who caresgrin

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by guychidile: 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2017
can you do me a favour,just invite me to taste this delicacy then I will give result...period..!

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by passionatebae: 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2017
maxiuc:
Invite me ooo when you are done
grin on one condition...

If it's tasty wink wink wink
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by lovat(m): 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2017
Coconut Rice in Osogbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by kaziblake(f): 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
I only use fresh pepper in my coconut rice
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Dfinex(f): 2:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
lovat:
grin
madt man.....lol
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by lovat(m): 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
Dfinex:

madt man.....lol
Who is this embarassed

Did you just wake up

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by bigtt76(f): 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
Na who chicken epp grin

RB007:
cool

No chicken?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2017
blesoh:
No coconut and you call it coconut rice, I cooked this food on tuesday using coconut, the day I used the artificial flavour I regretted.
Hahaaaaaa
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Probz(m): 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2017
VastFinder:

Tested and retested until perfection is literally achieved. I shared this coconut rice recipe to all our readers and to those who always like to read about out recipes.

Despite I'm a Male, I consider myself a Protégé when it comes to tutoring on How to prepare dishes, I optimize my recipes for simplicity and incredible depth of flavor. all while producing perfectly cooked separate rice grains.

I already have incredible recipes for Fried Rice, Jollof Rice. This coconut rice recipe should definitely be added to your Fav Note.

Ingredients
*. 2 cups parboiled rice (regular rice)
*. 1 tbspn Coconut oil
*. One 400ml can coconut milk (preferably Thai premium)
*. 1 small onion .
*. 2 medium tomatoes
*. Spices: 2 bay leaves, 1tspn white pepper, 1 tspn minced chili, 4 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tspn dried), salt – to taste, 2 heaped tbspns crayfish powder, 1-2 stock cubes (optional)

Direction
*. Finely chop onion – set aside cut tomatoes into large chunks – set aside.
*. Mince chili pepper – set aside .

*. Place a wide cooking pot on medium heat. Add in 1 tbsp of coconut oil (subvegetable oil). Add in onion. Cook untiltranslucent and fragrant.

*. Add in tomato, minced pepper and spices. Stir. Cover and leave to simmer on low-medium heat for 10 minutes.

*. Add in coconut milk and one cup of water into the tomato mix. Stir. Cover and bring to a rolling boil. Stir. Taste and adjust for seasoning. .

*. Add in washed rice. Stir. Reduce heat to low-medium (4 on a marked cooker).

*. Place a sheet of foil over the pot. Place the lid over it and properly seal the edges with foil (this is a very important step).

Set a timer for 30 minutes and let it go! You have done all you can, let Jesus take the wheel here. Leave it alone! Don’t open the pot until time is up.

*. By covering the pot with foil & then a lid, you are able to get away with using less liquid. The rice grains are gently steamed & infused instead of being boiled. End result is perfectly separate & delicious grains.

Serve coconut rice with Peppered meat or chicken

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/01/how-to-prepare-perfect-nigerian-coconut.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, MissyB3, AmakaOne, Ijebabe, Ishilove

Most chefs be okoro. Wetin concern gender here?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by tillaman(m): 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2017
Yum
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by adecz: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2017
Salivation time grin

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Janetade86(f): 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2017
I thought I was going to see the picture of cooked coconut rice. Op, why na?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Osezzua(m): 5:30pm On Jan 28, 2017
following
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by joey150(m): 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
apple rice? orange rice?

why only coconut rice?

well i have never had coconut rice before..not in a hurry to either.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by coveredchic(f): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
Op, no pictures? Would have love to see the end product before giving it a try. Good job.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by iRepNaija1: 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
BrownCookie:
Impressed but I'd pass on cutting the tomatoes into large chunks & using artificial coconut milk.

I'd rather crush the coconuts & extract the milk myself.

Coconut milk from a can is not artificial. It's coconut milk that just happens to be in a can.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Probz(m): 9:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
iRepNaija1:

Coconut milk from a can is not artificial. It's coconut milk that just happens to be in a can.

It tends to be extracted from immature coconuts though so it's not normally as tasty. Me self dey use tin coco milk.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by austino01(m): 9:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
Are you among the Nigerian youth that is ready to make good money this 2017, if that is you,please join 100's of youth getting full knowledge on pig farming and getting help to become their own boss before the end of the year Lots of money to be made in this business let me show you how and you will not be disappointed. send me a request on whats app +14042549461 and i will add you to the group don't be left out.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by BrownCookie(f): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2017
But still went through a rigorous process of extraction & preservation with chemicals & all what nots

Keep your info. Not needed.

iRepNaija1:

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by iRepNaija1: 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
BrownCookie:
But still went through a rigorous process of extraction & preservation with chemicals & all what nots

Keep your info. Not needed.

Not it doesn't. You need to go read the ingredients on the can before spouting off about ish you clearly don't know. Don't spread stupidity because there's already enough of it on this site.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by iRepNaija1: 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2017
Probz:

It tends to be extracted from immature coconuts though so it's not normally as tasty. Me self dey use tin coco milk.

You're using the wrong kind then.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by BrownCookie(f): 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2017
Stupid personified talking about spreading stupidity. Mschew!

iRepNaija1:

Not it doesn't. You need to go read the ingredients on the can before spouting off about ish you clearly don't know. Don't spread stupidity because there's already enough of it on this site.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Nobody: 3:53am On Jan 30, 2017
I discovered coconut milk from a Jamaican friend of mine who just about used it all of her dishes. I started using it & became instantly addicted! I know for a fact that the tomatoes and coconut milk have an explosive taste which just works. I, however, like to use petite garlic/onion flavored tomatoes.
Using parboiled rice (for most rice dishes) is so important..in order to keep from getting sticky & mushy rice. That coconut milk brand is very good.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by iRepNaija1: 12:38am On Jan 31, 2017
BrownCookie:
Stupid personified talking about spreading stupidity. Mschew!

You're the one spreading lies, idiot. F*ck off.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? / ADVERTISE YR FOOD BUSINESS ON MAJOR PEDESTRIANS BRIDGES IN LAGOS STATE. / Six Hidden Dangers Of Consuming Burnt Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.