Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,946 members, 7,814,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? (2044 Views)

On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? / Is President Buhari Wearing N7,181,520 Wristwatch? (Photos) / Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by ADESOLA96(m): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
Open Letter On The Death Rumour Of President Buhari.

Dear Fellow Nigerians,

<FACT!!!Is President Buhari Truly Dead?.>

There has been news flying around that President Muhammadu Buhari is Dead.

I took my time to examine and research in ensuring that you are well informed.

To this end, I wish to inform you that such News is false and holds no degree of truth..
Mr.President is on vacation and among the things he will do while on vacation is medical check up.

The Real fact is that the news was spread by two international newspaper site based in US
The first one is HUFFINGTON POST while the second one is METRO.

I am not new to these two sites and they have existed long ago in the US. These two sites has high traffic according to Alexa Ranking and they have built trust in their reading audience. Their Professional skill in Journalism is also commendable.
No wonder, other sites wants to copy their style.

The site where the news of the President's death broke was on these two sites but may I tell you that some miscreants designed a fake site that bears a prototype of these two names.

A duplicate of the two sites were formed with the same name and outlook. It is not the real site.

When the news was posted on the two address the same picture was used as the featured image.

The fake Huffington Post site reported suicide(huffingtonpost-fm.com/nigeria-presidents-security-tightened-after-attempting-suicide/) with a lot of errors which can never be that of The Huffington Post, while the fake Metro reported Death ( metro-uk.com/nigerian-president-muhammadu-buhari-dies-in-london/) which some other blogs picked and posted on theirs.; which is generating mixed reactions from Nigerians.

As a practising media person, the errors sighted on the two fake sites are too glaring to be ascribed to the other two Professional sites.

Let me Tell you that the two fake site is owned and managed by the same company.

According to the research I did on these two fake sites, they were registered in 2016.

The fake Huffington registered on November 19,2016 ( daily visitors=534', Daily page view=535).

The real Huffington Post was registered on Match 10,2005 on New York (Daily visitors= 4,637 066,Daily page view= 8,439 460). The difference is clear..

The real Huffington Post has its domain as www.huffingtonpost.com(or .uk for UK version) not the fake www.Huffingtonpost-fm.com

While the fake Metro registered on October 25,2016(Daily visitors=1 068,Daily pageviews=1 068).

The real Metro was registered on August 1,1996(daily visitors=781 184
Daily pageviews=1 249 894).

The real Metro has its domain name as www.metro.co.uk and not the fake www.metro-uk.com.

The two real sites has their addresses and information known.

The real Metro uses Sentence case in its Headlines when reporting while the other fake Metro used a combination of Toggle case and small case, an act which is wrong in Journalistic writing.

These Two fake sites uses the same font as their identity also remains hidden

As Bakare,the online editor fór Guardian Newspaper noted, the two fake sites were created barely few months to the US election and such platform must have being created to spread fake news. Probably they are in search of traffic.

The Presidency has debunked this fake news in various measures but we Nigerians seems to be taken it farther than expected.

The President posted pictures of himself on vacation while listening to one of Nigeria's TV stations-Channels TV.

Lots of pictures and post has filled the Social Media concerning the rumour but all the explanations above has thrown more light.

Some has even started campaigning for VP Osinbajo as President while others are saying Saraki should be a good choice. Hmm!!! That is Nigeria for you.

We Nigerians are used to believing fake news without confirming.
Let me sound it to you that if such rumour should even be true; it will be a Worldwide report and not a one site post. Moreover,the report will first proceed from Nigeria not from London.

At this stage we should be building trust in our media. Even if their are controversial ones, the truthful ones still exists.

This should also go out to all bloggers and news agencies: the source of an information should be known before putting it out for the general public.

Mr President is alive and will be back by the early week of February.
Nigeria is moving forward and we should not allow any rumour to spoil the progress we are having.
God bless Nigeria.

Thanks for reading through, share for others to know the truth.

Written and Compiled by:Ikulajolu Adesola.

Follow up on Twitter and Instagram=@adepraise96

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by Tastemoney(m): 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
grin

Re: Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by marshalcarter: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2017
mtchew undecided

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by 234GT(m): 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
Buhari must not die. If he dies, foolish Nigerians will say he would have fixed the country but for his death.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
K
Re: Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2017
ADESOLA96:
Open Letter On The Death Rumour Of President Buhari.

Dear Fellow Nigerians,

<FACT!!!Is President Buhari Truly Dead?.>

There has been news flying around that President Muhammadu Buhari is Dead.

I took my time to examine and research in ensuring that you are well informed.

To this end, I wish to inform you that such News is false and holds no degree of truth..
Mr.President is on vacation and among the things he will do while on vacation is medical check up.

The Real fact is that the news was spread by two international newspaper site based in US
The first one is HUFFINGTON POST while the second one is METRO.

I am not new to these two sites and they have existed long ago in the US. These two sites has high traffic according to Alexa Ranking and they have built trust in their reading audience. Their Professional skill in Journalism is also commendable.
No wonder, other sites wants to copy their style.

The site where the news of the President's death broke was on these two sites but may I tell you that some miscreants designed a fake site that bears a prototype of these two names.

A duplicate of the two sites were formed with the same name and outlook. It is not the real site.

When the news was posted on the two address the same picture was used as the featured image.

The fake Huffington Post site reported suicide(huffingtonpost-fm.com/nigeria-presidents-security-tightened-after-attempting-suicide/) with a lot of errors which can never be that of The Huffington Post, while the fake Metro reported Death ( metro-uk.com/nigerian-president-muhammadu-buhari-dies-in-london/) which some other blogs picked and posted on theirs.; which is generating mixed reactions from Nigerians.

As a practising media person, the errors sighted on the two fake sites are too glaring to be ascribed to the other two Professional sites.

Let me Tell you that the two fake site is owned and managed by the same company.

According to the research I did on these two fake sites, they were registered in 2016.

The fake Huffington registered on November 19,2016 ( daily visitors=534', Daily page view=535).

The real Huffington Post was registered on Match 10,2005 on New York (Daily visitors= 4,637 066,Daily page view= 8,439 460). The difference is clear..

The real Huffington Post has its domain as www.huffingtonpost.com(or .uk for UK version) not the fake www.Huffingtonpost-fm.com

While the fake Metro registered on October 25,2016(Daily visitors=1 068,Daily pageviews=1 068).

The real Metro was registered on August 1,1996(daily visitors=781 184
Daily pageviews=1 249 894).

The real Metro has its domain name as www.metro.co.uk and not the fake www.metro-uk.com.

The two real sites has their addresses and information known.

The real Metro uses Sentence case in its Headlines when reporting while the other fake Metro used a combination of Toggle case and small case, an act which is wrong in Journalistic writing.

These Two fake sites uses the same font as their identity also remains hidden

As Bakare,the online editor fór Guardian Newspaper noted, the two fake sites were created barely few months to the US election and such platform must have being created to spread fake news. Probably they are in search of traffic.

The Presidency has debunked this fake news in various measures but we Nigerians seems to be taken it farther than expected.

The President posted pictures of himself on vacation while listening to one of Nigeria's TV stations-Channels TV.

Lots of pictures and post has filled the Social Media concerning the rumour but all the explanations above has thrown more light.

Some has even started campaigning for VP Osinbajo as President while others are saying Saraki should be a good choice. Hmm!!! That is Nigeria for you.

We Nigerians are used to believing fake news without confirming.
Let me sound it to you that if such rumour should even be true; it will be a Worldwide report and not a one site post. Moreover,the report will first proceed from Nigeria not from London.

At this stage we should be building trust in our media. Even if their are controversial ones, the truthful ones still exists.

This should also go out to all bloggers and news agencies: the source of an information should be known before putting it out for the general public.

Mr President is alive and will be back by the early week of February.
Nigeria is moving forward and we should not allow any rumour to spoil the progress we are having.
God bless Nigeria.

Thanks for reading through, share for others to know the truth.

Written and Compiled by:Ikulajolu Adesola.

Follow up on Twitter and Instagram=@adepraise96

When I saw that you took your time to examine and research in ensuring that I am well informed.

Accordinf to you, "To this end, I wish to inform you that such News is false and holds no degree of truth..
Mr.President is on vacation and among the things he will do while on vacation is medical check up".

I spent my time to read only to see that you poured your time on the source of the news rather than the news.

Great Nigerian researcher. Please leave our President alone his vacation will soon be over.
Re: Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by queencalipso(f): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
Ok!!
Re: Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by Segadem(m): 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2017
Tastemoney:
grin
itumo
Re: Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by Cletus77(m): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
And why will the UK initiate such an expensive joke without the FG reporting the website to the UK govt?
Re: Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by ADESOLA96(m): 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Cletus77:
And why will the UK initiate such an expensive joke without the FG reporting the website to the UK govt?

It is not UK, it is the hungry people looking for traffic to their site..

They copy the same site of those two great news agency....

Their identity is hidden but if Nigeria is ready to uncover them,they will...
Re: Open Letter Facts!!! Is President Buhari Truly Dead? by ADESOLA96(m): 9:59pm On Jan 29, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

When I saw that you took your time to examine and research in ensuring that I am well informed.

Accordinf to you, "To this end, I wish to inform you that such News is false and holds no degree of truth..
Mr.President is on vacation and among the things he will do while on vacation is medical check up".

I spent my time to read only to see that you poured your time on the source of the news rather than the news.

Great Nigerian researcher. Please leave our President alone his vacation will soon be over.

Thank you so much, my research was based on the source of the news.

The reason why most people ignorantly believed the cooked up story was because the site disguised that posted it disguised to be one of the World best news agency...

Also, my aim is to clear the rumour and not spread the false news further...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) / This Picture Of Acting President Osibanjo And Fashola Will Make You Think Twice. / Buhari And Imam Abubakar Shekau Similarly (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.