Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,860 members, 7,851,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:23 AM

RECESSION: Things’d’ve Been Better, If PDP Were In Office — Turaki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RECESSION: Things’d’ve Been Better, If PDP Were In Office — Turaki (561 Views)

Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? / 2019: Even If PDP Picks My Son As Party Chairman, I Will Still Contest - Fayose / Obasanjo Will Kick If PDP Fields Atiku In 2019 — Ardo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RECESSION: Things’d’ve Been Better, If PDP Were In Office — Turaki by ottalo: 8:30am On Jan 30, 2017
By Imanuel Jannah
ABUJA—Former Minister of Special Duties, Mr Kabiru Turaki has blamed Nigeria’s current economic travails on All Progressives Congress, APC, unpreparedness for governance.

Turaki, who addressed newsmen in Abuja, disclosed that the economic condition of the country would have been better, if ex-President Goodluck Jonathan was re-elected into office in 2015.

He explained that the recession emanated from APC’s failure to put its house in order and blend as a political party.

He said: “I’m a lawyer but despite that, we all know what is happening in Nigeria. When you have a political party that has come into an election without been prepared for governance; when you have a party that does not do its homework well; when you have a party that is yet to blend as a political party, then the recession is something that is bound to happen.

“I must concede right away that there are challenges all over but then, things (the economy) would have been better probably, if PDP were in office.”
Source: Vanguard.
Re: RECESSION: Things’d’ve Been Better, If PDP Were In Office — Turaki by mattyboy007(m): 8:32am On Jan 30, 2017
Tell dem.. dey deserve to knw

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Things’d’ve Been Better, If PDP Were In Office — Turaki by gillz(m): 9:22am On Jan 30, 2017
Turaki or whatever you call yourself you better shut up there before thunder will seal your mouth. For sixteen years PDP were in govt and we had no light, no roads, no water, no hospitals, no quality schools and no jobs, no savings despite huge income from oil, no diversification of the economy. All you guys gave us was corruption and stealing of the nation's wealth, militancy and terrorism, pipeline vandalism and proliferation of arms. What were you people expecting as an end result if not recession. Today you think you can deceive us. Every member of PDP should go and hide in shame. This govt is on course and the govt must succeed, two years is not enough to undo the mess caused by your Party the PDP.
Re: RECESSION: Things’d’ve Been Better, If PDP Were In Office — Turaki by Wantedmiller: 9:29am On Jan 30, 2017
TURAKI or what dey call you, infact let me check who is who in Nigeria politics diary. I cant see this mumu man name.may that mouth you use to mention pdp gum together.
Re: RECESSION: Things’d’ve Been Better, If PDP Were In Office — Turaki by devilson(m): 9:37am On Jan 30, 2017
buhari is an incompetent failure who supports corruption.

cursed be the day buhari was elected

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Things’d’ve Been Better, If PDP Were In Office — Turaki by AWONEYAN(m): 9:40am On Jan 30, 2017
By giving out "unavailable" cash to pastors and imam.....
By making corruption a legal tender.....
By making sure external reserve is in the negative

The warnings had gone ahead even when PDP were doing "Mavrodians" with Nigerians resources!

Truth be told Buhari hasn't handled the economy good enough however PDP would have been a worse option Since they were not use to handling a scarce resources

(1) (Reply)

Today's Newspaper Headlines [30 January, 2017] / After The 6th What Next? / With These Mindset In Nigerian Youths...recession Will Be A Thing Of Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.