Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,600 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties (37341 Views)

Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control / China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties / Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:55pm On Jan 30, 2017
progress69:

But no of them have ever killed a citizen of the United states in US soil, but the examoted ones have done worse on USA soil. And u call it propaganda? Continue!

Oh, and you think it's by accident?

I can assure you, intent isn't lacking. They've just not had the chance.
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by eph12(m): 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
progress69:

What point are u driving at exactly?
You just said Bin Ladin is Saudi and he was responsible for 9/11. No arguments there I agree. Then why was Saudi not invaded since because Osama is from Saudi then Saudi is definitely the country behind it according to you.
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by progress69: 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
Henrypraise:

is dia any oda person person or leader dat can create more problems compared to our dulla.rd in command?

all immigrants shud go home, Libyans n Malians herdsmen shud go home, californians shud go home, scots shud go home, palestines shud go home, Igbos shud go home, Nigerians shud go home, n let d world live in peace....

btw, buhari shud go to hell (dats his home)...

Get the fuc**k out of my mentions. We are discussing Trump and America here. Go and create ur thread about Buhari. Nonsense!
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by progress69: 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
BuddhaPalm:

Oh, and you think it's by accident?

I can assure you, intent isn't lacking. They've just not had the chance.
Oooooh....pllllzzzzzz.........

Mtcheeeew!!!!!

Since 1975 till date.

Men. Spits*

1 Like

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by freshcvvs: 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
BlindAngel:
See them, this muslim terrorists with their rubbish article, the countries trump included are all muslim terrorists countries with great war and disasters
e.g syria, yemen, somalia, iran, irak e.t.c.
Some nairaland muslim terrorists are already shouting why he failed to include qatar, u.a.e, saudi arabia e.t.c
The questions here is that hw many times have u heard that a bomb went off in saudi arabia, uae, qatar and the rest which trump did not included on the list.

Terrorists
Less i forgot
But aren't these part of his campaign promises and Trump is just fulfilling his campaign promises.

Pls why aren't these Refugees going to Saudi Arabia and other super rich Muslim country?

Mosques in America
Year 2000: 1,209
Year 2016: 3,186

Churches in Saudi Arabia
Year 2000: 0
Year 2016: 0

You can't enter the UAE if you have an Israeli Passport or were born in Israel, and we didn't sew #JewBan protest, point is, Nations decide their OWN immigration policies.

Who taught you how to lie?
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by OldBeer: 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
Ngokafor:

....I beg u in the name of whatever you worship..keep off my mentions.I have no time for your insanity right now.Make your asnine comments on this thread which is essentially to cry out how Trump will soon reset your muslim brains and keep moving.

...Once more,back off.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
Guyman02:
Fareed hated Trump so much that he could not hide. He is shocked that Trump has delivered on his key promises in the first week in office

Fareed and his zombie group should quickly pass the road and give way

He swore on air that Trump would never win the election.

Their fake news didn't work before the election, it won't do much now.

2 Likes

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by progress69: 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
eph12:

You just said Bin Ladin is Saudi and he was responsible for 9/11. No arguments there I agree. Then why was Saudi not invaded since because Osama is from Saudi then Saudi is definitely the country behind it according to you.

Come why are u twisting narratives?
U are even contracting ur self cos the same reason why Saudi was not invaded is the same reason why is is baseless and senseless to ban them simply because they hav radicals among them. It more like banning Nigeria cos of BH in the North? Christians have different denominations and believe so the Muslims. The doctrine in Catholic is different from what u see in Methodist and Jehova witnesses. So the Muslims have their doctrines. Not all muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims. All Catholics are Christians but not all Christians are catholics.

1 Like

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by SalamRushdie: 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
Lies from the pits of hell again ...
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
progress69:

Whip ur sentiments deep down ur scrotum. The point here is non of those banned have ever carried out an attack on US soil and killed a US citizen. Going by Trumps narrative, a country like Saudi, who doesn't even tolerate Christians and whose citizen masterminded one of the most deadliest attack against USA on her soil should be on top of the list. Osama's 2nd in command was an Egyptia, yet the innocent ones who are seeking refuge are being banned for being a citizens of the banned countries
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by ipledge10(m): 2:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
MadamExcellency:

You forgot to tell the audience that the list was compiled by National Security Office during Obama's administration s countries were terrorism emanates and secondly that Iraq has been previously banned for six months.

Don't forget that Obama's administration removed Nigeria from the list of countries qualified for Green Card lottery.

Why are the alt-liberal, leftist media vocal now when they were dumb all through Obama's regime?
get ur fact right...9 countries were exempted for green card because more than 50,000 of their citizens had benefited from the program... countries like Indian l, China, Pakistan, Mexico were also exempted

3 Likes

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2017
Tunenez:

You, my friend, are fantastically cute smiley

Moving on back to the subject matter though, you can understand why many people are concerned with radical muslims, but for a POTUS (Supposedly the leader of the FREE world) to suggest that the solution to that fear is to ban entire populations of seven countries (and possibly more) including existing American green card holders from those countries is cowardly and shameful.

Let us not forget that there's been such a huge furore because this isn't only about Islam or terrorism. He consistently expresses a disdain for anyone that is not a caucasian male. He is already solidifying plans to build a wall at the Mexican border, has threatened to deport latin Americans, and he has made several derogatory and threatening statements about black and asian people, and women. Donald Trump is hateful and divisive.

Mexican immigrants and Islam are the first easy targets. If he's allowed to get away with these atrocities, tell me who next

You know you're lying right?

Sometimes try to find out the truth for yourself. Don't take news reports at face value.

There's bias on both sides.

Additionally, do you know that 16 Muslim countries do not allow admission to Israeli passport holders?

Where is the outrage?
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
Well he exempted Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Indonesia which he doesn't have business ties with...

1 Like

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by Tunenez(m): 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2017
sweettease:

Thank you kiss

And you, my friend is very convincing

You are welcome hun kiss

We are more divided across ethnic and religious lines in Nigeria today because of the presidential campaign/election in 2015. APC and PDP used religious and ethnic rhetoric in an attempt to create division and thus garner more votes, and some of the bigoted comments we commonly see here on Nairaland today are partly as a result of events during and since the 2015 election.

Creating division whether by religion/race/gender on a global scale helps no one, it only makes things worse. Even moreso when it's coming from the US, a country that's always been the model for inclusiveness.

Everyone should be worried when the president of the US is seen to be promoting racial/religious division...his action has the potential to incite millions of people negatively.

2 Likes

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by progress69: 2:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
BuddhaPalm:

Sometimes try to find out the truth for yourself. Don't take news reports at face value.

Additionally, do you know that 16 Muslim countries do not allow admission to Israeli passport holders?

Where is the outrage?

What exactly is he lying about? Are u sure u follow the trend of things at al.

Stop trying to ne smart. Isreal labelled many of those countries enemies of the state and even banned her citizens from travelling to those countries without a permit from the government so what do u expect?

1 Like

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
BlindAngel:
See them, this muslim terrorists with their rubbish article, the countries trump included are all muslim terrorists countries with great war and disasters
e.g syria, yemen, somalia, iran, irak e.t.c.
Some nairaland muslim terrorists are already shouting why he failed to include qatar, u.a.e, saudi arabia e.t.c
The questions here is that hw many times have u heard that a bomb went off in saudi arabia, uae, qatar and the rest which trump did not included on the list.

Terrorists
Less i forgot
But aren't these part of his campaign promises and Trump is just fulfilling his campaign promises.

Pls why aren't these Refugees going to Saudi Arabia and other super rich Muslim country?

Mosques in America
Year 2000: 1,209
Year 2016: 3,186

Churches in Saudi Arabia
Year 2000: 0
Year 2016: 0

You can't enter the UAE if you have an Israeli Passport or were born in Israel, and we didn't sew #JewBan protest, point is, Nations decide their OWN immigration policies.
how many mosques in vatican
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by mayorchelsea(m): 2:25pm On Jan 30, 2017
progress69:

Lol. Keep living in self deceit. Comparing Apples to Grapes.

What list was actually prepared? So Obama couldn't ban those countries in 8 years after preparing the list?

Do u know how many favourable immigration policies Obama made including allowing immigrants who migrated has children to have a SSN and give them a PR. What of polices that exempted illegal immigrants who are parents of citizens to be exempted from immigration clamp down for deportation and many more?
What is the biggie if Nigeria was exempted from Lottery program? We know u, confirmed ipod yoot. Ngwakwe cheesy

Lets face the fact. Trump will end up creating more problems that he is trying to solve cheesy
Shouldn't you know by now that wailers are like that?During the FRC issue that Adeboye resigned,they failed to agree that it was concluded under a Christian president but now,they'll gladly say Obama compiled the list and expect us to believe.

1 Like

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by OBAGADAFFI: 2:25pm On Jan 30, 2017
progress69:

Whip ur sentiments deep down ur scrotum. The point here is non of those banned have ever carried out an attack on US soil and killed a US citizen. Going by Trumps narrative, a country like Saudi, who doesn't even tolerate Christians and whose citizen masterminded one of the most deadliest attack against USA on her soil should be on top of the list. Osama's 2nd in command was an Egyptia, yet the innocent ones who are seeking refuge are being banned for being a citizens of the banned countries

In February 2016 “The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen [/b]as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.” It noted “the three additional countries designated today join [b]Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria as countries subject to restrictions for Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals.” It was the US policy under Obama to restrict and target people “who have been present in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, at any time on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited government/military exceptions).”

These 7 Countries are breeding ground for Terrorism, you hardly find terrorist training camps in Saudi, UAE and co.
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by progress69: 2:28pm On Jan 30, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

In February 2016 “The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen [/b]as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.” It noted “the three additional countries designated today join [b]Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria as countries subject to restrictions for Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals.” It was the US policy under Obama to restrict and target people “who have been present in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, at any time on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited government/military exceptions).”

These 7 Countries are breeding ground for Terrorism, you hardly find terrorist training camps in Saudi, UAE and co.

So restrictions and ban are the same thing?

1 Like

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by KaptainAfrika: 2:28pm On Jan 30, 2017
A little research and you will find that the title of your post is misleading. Click on the following link, mind you this man is not pro-trump and is a liberal, left-wing person. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FTFB9GDfls
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by progress69: 2:28pm On Jan 30, 2017
RooRuudRonSaha:
how many mosques in vatican

Lol. Help me ask
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by ZeroUnity: 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2017
To be very very realistic, Our Muslim guys should quietly go and enjoy their highly discriminated countries... They love freedom but seldom it in their country.. .

I so much love Trump...
God Bless Nigeria... Chikina.

1 Like

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by PROPHETmichael: 2:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
Every night before going to bed, everybody on Nairaland, Facebook, twitter, instagram etc etc locked their entrance doors or if you are in Africa, you lock both your doors and gates with heavy chains meant for gorillas not even dogs and possibly, line up broken bottles on top of your fences etc etc. They do all these not because they hate the people outside, but simply because they love the people inside. Also, it’s because they value their lives and properties. If in the middle of the night someone they trust come knocking, they will gladly open the door/gate else, they will peep through the window or in political terms “vetting”. So, if you are one of those protesting Donald Trump actions on immigration and you restrict access to the full functionality of your home every night before going to bed or leaving your house in the morning, you’re hypocrite.
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by Tunenez(m): 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
BuddhaPalm:

Where is the outrage?

I am extremely sure i told no lies, you'd know this if you followed the US presidential elections. There's ample video footage of several discriminatory statements he has made on youtube. Why don't you take out the time to see the facts for yourself.

Meanwhile i have never said Islamic countries and radicals are not doing many things wrong, please note i'm not taking the side of Islam here!

My point is that[b] a President of the United state, the undisputed leading nation in the world, must always set the best example for others to follow[/b]. Any adult with basic decency and maturity knows that division is not the best way forward.

Yes we know that many people are frustrated with terrorism, islamic radicalism and immigration in general, but people should learn to channel their frustration positively.

1 Like

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by PROPHETmichael: 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
hmmm

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by airmark(m): 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
Is it a must to go to US? A president should have the lives of his country men at heart first before any other. I don't like trump but this is getting annoying. Israelis are not allowed into most muslim countries, no outcries.
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by EazyMoh(m): 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2017
sweettease:
You can't blame him, how can you be a threat and not bring anything to the table? tongue You have to bring a considerable amount of positivity to the table. Don't get me wrong, the nicest person I know is a Muslim but I don't think his fears are unfounded.
Wow really? I don't know why I envy that nicest person.
May I know jis/her story?
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by PROPHETmichael: 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2017
hmm

Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by sweettease(f): 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2017
Tunenez:

You are welcome hun kiss

We are more divided across ethnic and religious lines in Nigeria today because of the presidential campaign/election in 2015. APC and PDP used religious and ethnic rhetoric in an attempt to create division and thus garner more votes, and some of the bigoted comments we commonly see here on Nairaland today are partly as a result of events during and since the 2015 election.

Creating division whether by religion/race/gender on a global scale helps no one, it only makes things worse. Even moreso when it's coming from the US, a country that's always been the model for inclusiveness.

Everyone should be worried when the president of the US is seen to be promoting racial/religious division...his action has the potential to incite millions of people negatively.
You got me from a neutral stand to picking a side, I was just weighing advantages and disadvantages which had me standing in the middle, maybe because I wasn't affected but your points are really valid and not one of those that try to bully or abuse one into picking a side. Kudos!
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by PROPHETmichael: 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
Back in 2011 when Barack Obama banned Iraqi refugees for six months the far left said nothing!
In 2011 the US discovered Al-Qaeda terrorists living as refugees in Kentucky. As a result of this discovery the Obama administration blocked all Iraqi refugees from entering the US for six months.

Trump is on track
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by progress69: 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
A little research and you will find that the title of your post is misleading. Click on the following link, mind you this man is not pro-trump and is a liberal, left-wing person. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FTFB9GDfls

Lol this only exposes the hypocrisy of American politicians the more. But there is actually a difference between restrictions in waiver visa programs and an outright ban which definitely will affect dual citizens and Citizens with a greed card.
Re: President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties by progress69: 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
Tunenez:

I am extremely sure i told no lies, you'd know this if you followed the US presidential elections. There's ample video footage of several discriminatory statements he has made on youtube. Why don't you take out the time to see the facts for yourself.

Meanwhile i have never said Islamic countries and radicals are not doing many things wrong, please note i'm not taking the side of Islam here!

My point is that[b] a President of the United state, the undisputed leading nation in the world, must always set the best example for others to follow[/b]. Any adult with basic decency and maturity knows that division is not the best way forward.

Yes we know that many people are frustrated with terrorism, islamic radicalism and immigration in general, but people should learn to channel their frustration positively.

Leave that clown. He failed to tell u majority of the 16 countries where declared enemies of the state by Isreal where Isrealis are already banned by their own government not to travel there except on special permit by the government.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Journalist Removes Her Top While Interviewing Mayor / Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' / Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.