Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Who Killed More People In The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Killed More People In The Bible? (3198 Views)

Poll: Who Killed More People In The Bible?

God.: 81% (9 votes)
Satan.: 18% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Killed More People In The Bible, 'God' Or 'Satan'? / Religion Has Killed More Than It Has Saved / Wow. The Bible 'God' Killed More People Than 'Satan' Ever Did. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by mavenbox: 1:58am On Dec 05, 2009
Joh 10:10 A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.

God does not kill. That is a dirty job that satan does, although God can use the circumstance of satan's killing to his own advantage.

Let me ask you, Ogaga, as I have done before although you skilfully evaded the question: Does darkness exist? Does cold exist?

The answer is no. Darkness is the result of the absence of light. Cold is a result of the absence of heat. We study light, we study heat. We can't study cold, we can't observe darkness.

Whenever man or any part of creation raises its head against God in rebellion, it is like a spiritual bloodless COUP: God's sovereignty is not acknowledged so the devil is allowed to claim it as his territory, and then he does whatever he wants there, which often involves killing. Then people will start screaming that God killed people. God does not kill people. Rather, God, in his love, has through time always showed men how to do things so that they don't fall on the wrong side (like the darkness side of light, or the cold side of heat) and get killed, oppressed or destroyed by the devil. Man never got it right, so God sent His OWN Son as a lasting solution to the problem.

Now you may make references to wars and Israel's conquests: but isn't it clear that it was necessary for Israel's survival in those early days? The devil was trying to snuff Israel using its enemies so that by the time Israel ceased to exist, the prophecy of Jesus' Birth would never come to pass. It was attack - the best form of defense. And God did not do any killing in that case. The Israelites did, and the devil allowed the killing of the israelites' enemies: all the people he was meant to be protecting: people that were serving him diligently. On the contrary, God protects His word above His own name: When he promises protection by His covenant and you stay in the Covenant, nothing will happen to you.
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Atheists: 7:03am On Dec 05, 2009
It's only idol worshippers,evil doers, rebellious children,wicked people, hate mongers and disobedient people like you (ogaga, abuzola etc) that God destroyed in the Bible. Jehovah God is a just God. Unlike satan who will give you a cap/hat as a gift but comes back to claim your head in return for the cap/hat.God has never and will never repay Good for evil or Evil for good. He pays you back in your own coin(s).

This is why l say religion enslaves mind and hardens heart.
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by wirinet(m): 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2009
mavenbox:

[b]God does not kill. That is a dirty job that satan does, [/b]although God can use the circumstance of satan's killing to his own advantage.

Let me ask you, Ogaga, as I have done before although you skilfully evaded the question: Does darkness exist? Does cold exist?

The answer is no. Darkness is the result of the absence of light. Cold is a result of the absence of heat. We study light, we study heat. We can't study cold, we can't observe darkness.

Whenever man or any part of creation raises its head against God in rebellion, it is like a spiritual bloodless COUP: God's sovereignty is not acknowledged so the devil is allowed to claim it as his territory, and then he does whatever he wants there, which often involves killing. Then people will start screaming that God killed people. God does not kill people. Rather, God, in his love, has through time always showed men how to do things so that they don't fall on the wrong side (like the darkness side of light, or the cold side of heat) and get killed, oppressed or destroyed by the devil. Man never got it right, so God sent His OWN Son as a lasting solution to the problem.

Now you may make references to wars and Israel's conquests: but isn't it clear that it was necessary for Israel's survival in those early days? The devil was trying to snuff Israel using its enemies so that by the time Israel ceased to exist, the prophecy of Jesus' Birth would never come to pass. It was attack - the best form of defense. And God did not do any killing in that case. The Israelites did, and the devil allowed the killing of the israelites' enemies: all the people he was meant to be protecting: people that were serving him diligently. On the contrary, God protects His word above His own name: When he promises protection by His covenant and you stay in the Covenant, nothing will happen to you.

The bolded part are outright lies and not supported by the Bible. Read Gen 19:23-26, and you will see how God physically destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah without any help from Satan, even lot's wives was killed. I hope you do not tell us that it was the devil that killed lot's wife.

What about 1 Chronicles 13:9-11, where God killed a man called Uzza's, just because he touched the Ark of the Covenant while preventing it from falling down. what was devil's concern there in the whole episode.

Then there is Acts 5:1—11, where God killed Ananias and Sapphira just because they sold a piece of property and decided to keep back part of the proceeds (I wonder why "Nigerian men of God Had not used this example to have their followers sell all their properties and give everything to their church). Was Devil involved?

In fact there are to many stories where the God of the Bible due due its short temper, killed many people or whole communities directly, without the knowledge of Devil.
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Atheists: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2009
God does not kill. That is a dirty job that satan does, although God can use the circumstance of satan's killing to his own advantage.

So god uses to devils tools to his advantage ?
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by jagunlabi(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2009
Is it not so pathetic and lame the way christians try to defend the indefensible?I mean, how can one defend the repulsive deeds of a genocidal psychopath like yahweh without coming across as psychotic?
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Krayola(m): 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2009
jagunlabi:

Is it not so pathetic and lame the way christians try to defend the indefensible?I mean, how can one defend the repulsive deeds of a genocidal psychopath like yahweh without coming across as psychotic?

We are products of our time and space. U keep imposing 21st century values on the early bronze age. . . . Genocide was the way of life then. . . It was survival of the fittest. Arable land was scarce. . .
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by jagunlabi(m): 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2009
Good point, but what is it that still make people who live in the 21st century not dump this bronze age ish and act the age they are in by moving forward?A bad case of psychosis?
Krayola:

We are products of our time and space. U keep imposing 21st century values on the early bronze age. . . . Genocide was the way of life then. . . It was survival of the fittest. Arable land was scarce. . .
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by mavenbox: 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2009
@wirinet: Did you read what I wrote at all?

I repeat: God does not kill. People die when they "step outside" God. Anything "outside God" is either controlled by lucifer, or is just floating by like a passive entity, waiting to be used by either party. Death exists outside life, i.e. outside God. So, when one steps outside God, they may be lucky to evade death for a temporary while, or they may experience it instantly.

E.g. A very classic example

2Sa 24:1  AGAIN THE anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and He moved David against them, saying, Go, number Israel and Judah.
1Ch 21:1  SATAN [an adversary] stood up against Israel and stirred up David to number Israel.

is just an example of a scripture that people think is a contradiction in the Bible. No! Rather, David, in pride, counted the hosts of Israel, and God did not like the idea because the strength of Israel was in their God and not in numbers. He doubted God's power in so doing, so God was angry with him. In that little moment when David THOUGHT in his heart to number Israel (thus invoking God's anger), God's anger was kindled against him and David thus gave satan, the ADVERSARY, the chance to stand up against Israel (i.e. he sought an undeniable opportunity, just like he did with Job. I guess that kind of stuff happens almost automatically, like a hacker who is waiting for a backdoor on a computer network so that he can exploit vulnerabilities, satan keeps roaming to and fro the earth, seeking whom to devour, seeking who he can deal with because they are out of protection. Man is satan's greatest enemy, borne out of hatred, never be deceived.) and Satan actually made him do the counting. Meanwhile, David knows himself that he was the one who had the initial idea of the count, and not satan or God

1Ch 21:17  And David said to God, Is it not I who commanded the people to be numbered? It is I who has sinned and done evil indeed; but as for these sheep, what have they done? Let Your hand, I pray You, O Lord my God, be on me and on my father's house, but not on Your people, that they should be plagued.

Do you know what an adversary means? It is someone who offers opposition to a cause. What that means is that when someone slips out of God's will, the adversary, like a tattle-tale, will report the matter to God, the sovereign judge: saying "So so and so did this" and as a matter of justice, God will need to hand out judgment. The judgment may be meted out by plant, animal, man, angel or even a non-living thing. In the case of Sodom and Gomorrah, nature itself responded to the call of justice with fire and earthquakes.

Saying that God kills is like saying that a Supreme Judge kills criminals? Duh,  He passes judgment! The dirty work of the killing is left to whoever the firing squad or executioner is. The judge just makes sure that the right thing is done.

God sent his Son Jesus so that there will no longer be an opportunity for the devil to accuse people (at least as many as believe in him). This is because whenever someone sins and calls on Jesus, Jesus steps in and wins the case rather than the adversary because the CONTRACT between Christ and the person is that he would remember their sins no more. Whenever the adversary accuses someone of something wrong they did and they deserve death, God shakes his head and points to Jesus, who already died rather than the person. Objection overrulled!

1Jn 2:1  MY LITTLE children, I write you these things so that you may not violate God's law and sin. But if anyone should sin, we have an Advocate (One Who will intercede for us) with the Father--[it is] Jesus Christ [the all] righteous [upright, just, Who conforms to the Father's will in every purpose, thought, and action].

I can only hope you read what I wrote, and understand, without any bias. 'Cos i hardly have time for very long posts nowadays.
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by mavenbox: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2009
@atheists: Yes! God uses ANYTHING to his advantage. It's like saying that Pablo Picasso is painting a masterpiece and some colors just dont feel right, he can use ANY paint anywhere he wants. We would still love the art, it would still be a masterpiece. Nothing, i repeat, nothing, takes my God by surprise. He uses anything whatsoever to the advantage of his own will. That is why He is God. If there were anything He couldn't utilize to his advantage, that thing would be God, then.

@wirinet: You may also need to study the logical premise of what happened to Job to understand this "cold vs heat", "light vs darkness", "life of God vs. death in the world", in the light of the fact that Satan is the god of this world: the god of the sensory realms where people taste, see, touch, smell, hear, eat, drink and die.

Think about it.

I repeat, God does not kill. He is the judge, and everyone gets what they deserve from the executioners. Most times, that executioner is directly or indirectly the devil. But some day, the executioner will be Christ himself, the WORD of God. And on THAT day, Lucifer will be eternally destroyed with all his followers.
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2009
[size=13pt]God killed more people in the bible. . . .Satan is only learning his foot step so the God must be blame. . . . wink[/size]
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by mavenbox: 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2009
@Ogaga: I have visited your pages on myspace, facebook and other networks. I must say that you sound very very confused, but there's still hope for you too. Hang in there,
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:08am On Dec 06, 2009
[size=13pt]Meaning you just have a wrong thought. . . .Confussed people are people doing one thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Confussion run things with Insanity . Im a Satanist and if you're mad on my on path then kindly search for the nearest ROCK and bang your head. . . God Killed More People In The Bible you know it. I Ogaga is more than the God you saved but i see how you keep beging him/her for mercy and forgiveness each time you sinned. . . .I dont blame you woman, You respect God what about me? . just take a good look at your life. . . .[/size]
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by mavenbox: 12:17am On Dec 06, 2009
@ogaga: Sorry to burst your bubble, but only satanists have suicidal intents like hitting their heads on a rock. And I do not beg for forgiveness, it was done already roughly 2000 years ago. I respect God, and I respect the men and women that respect God. The others, like you and lucifer your boss, I have utter disrespect for you. Don't get mad, ok? I'm just telling you as it is.
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by mavenbox: 12:24am On Dec 06, 2009
@everyone: And talking about death, the first time that word shows up in the Bible, God said "The day you eat of this fruit, you will surely die". He didnt say he would kill them. He said they would die. To DIE means to be separated from God. The physical expiration will come surely after that, sooner or later. Even Christ did not physically die until he was separated from God when he bore our sins on the cross, because it is impossible to be connected to God and die! It's like touching a high-tension cable with a conductor and you say current will not flow? Man's spirit is like a conductor of electricity, and when it is connected to the LIFE of God made available through Christ, power flows and death is removed. But Adam missed it, he was separated from God and he started dying. Nothing has changed today. When one is separated from God, they die. God does not kill them. Of course, there is the natural expiration, but here I believe we are concentrating on induced forms of death by a supernatural being.
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:35am On Dec 06, 2009
[size=13pt]mavenbox  go and sit down where contain you ass ! . Your God deserve no respect and he cant do more than a death rat. . . .  The bible declared God is a Killer and he doesn't even exist. . .  and even though ,  it deserve more than Sh!ts from every human being.

All religion save a specific God but only in Christianity selfishness is been practice. Christians have already go against all the other 1000's of God (s) and say theirs is the True God  when there's no evidence not even a PROOF of his existence. your God is Imaginary hence it remain unseen. If your God exist when does it allow evil to exist?, it has been written its a perfect God but why if really it Created the world why does it Create an imperfect world?, why cant human being have freedom and he want us to save him as slave's forever. . . .?.
[/size]
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by mavenbox: 12:52am On Dec 06, 2009
@Ogaga: You are either typing in fury, or you are not reading what you are typing, or,  errr,  you like using typos to drive your point home. When you say SAVE I assume you mean serve. It's okay I get that.

Why does God allow evil to exist? Simple! God gave man charge over the earth, man was god of the earth, and god of the worlds. Adam sold it to lucifer in exchange for knowledge that he would have gotten easily sooner or later: knowledge of good and evil. Rather than ask God for that knowledge, he ate the forbidden fruit and sold his kingdom away to the cunning lucifer. When Adam sold everything to lucifer in Eden, lucifer became the valid god of the earth, god of the sense realm where the 5 senses are in operation. It is the devil's kingdom and until his lease time is up, God will not outright wipe him away because God is just. God never created an imperfect world, sin made it imperfect. And who introduced the sin? Your father, lucifer, of course! Why cant human beings have freedom, you ask? That is exactly why God sent his Son Jesus so that we can have freedom. SO THAT WE WON'T SERVE LUCIFER FOREVER, LIKE YOU ARE DOING. We are not to be servants forever, rather we are taking participation in the Godhead as sons of God. You should try it, Ogaga, you should try taking up the life of God and leave that trash you are living, for the dogs like lucifer. Whenever you are ready to give your heart to Christ, let me know. After all, you have nothing to lose if its all a lie. Or are you scared that it may be true?
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by djungle(m): 1:15am On Dec 06, 2009
Why do fools (Satanists) worship an evil thing that has caused so much suffering for the entire human race? Why stand beside complete evil and call it good? I truly do not understand why someone, would choose Satan (evil) over Jesus Christ (Holy).
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by djungle(m): 1:39am On Dec 06, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]mavenbox go and sit down where contain you ass ! . Your God deserve no respect and he cant do more than a death rat. . . . The bible declared God is a Killer and he doesn't even exist. . . and even though , it deserve more than Sh!ts from every human being.

All religion save a specific God but only in Christianity selfishness is been practice. Christians have already go against all the other 1000's of God (s) and say theirs is the True God when there's no evidence not even a PROOF of his existence. your God is Imaginary hence it remain unseen. If your God exist when does it allow evil to exist?, it has been written its a perfect God but why if really it Created the world why does it Create an imperfect world?, why cant human being have freedom and he want us to save him as slave's forever. . . .?.
[/size]

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, "--Hosea 4:6a
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Abuzola11(m): 5:28am On Dec 06, 2009
Don't mind them, the jewish carpental guy is a murderer.
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by jagunlabi(m): 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2009
Btw, yahweh/jehovah is still the undisputed heavyweight champ of biblical death and destruction.No challenger in sight, far and wide.Wetin satan sabi about killings and maimings of men, women, children, babies, goats, cattles, dogs, cats, ants . . . in short, anything that breathes?He has a lot to learn from the master of death and destruction himself, yahweh. grin
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by whoisallah: 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Don't mind them, the jewish carpental guy is a murderer.
[/quote

And Mohammed was ?

NB Carpenter not  carpental
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Abuzola11(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2009
Muhammad was a hero,
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by whoisallah: 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Muhammad was a hero,

Yeah, Mohammed was a hero when it comes to:

Paedophilia
Murdering
Womanizing
Plagiarism
Injustice
Distortion
Lie
War mongering
Irrational sexual behaviour
Dishonesty
Taking advantage of people especially the poor and powerless
Being possessed by the evil spirit
False prophesy
False miracle
Armed robbery
Assassination of the poor and powerless
Lack of integrity
Being a bad role model to children

Do you want more, tongue
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Abuzola11(m): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2009
You can say that again, ur God died with two thieves and he died crying hahahaha. Check out mathew 27:46
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by whoisallah: 6:26pm On Dec 06, 2009
Abudophile,

I can give you proof for each act of Mohammed's 'heroism' straight from the Quran and Hadith if you want me to,  grin
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Abuzola11(m): 6:29pm On Dec 06, 2009
Your god died with armed robbers. Roflmao
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by whoisallah: 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2009
And your allah is still sitting motionless in the kaaba since how many years now? grin
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2009
In satanism,there is no going back.A (spiritual)satanist is one who sold his soul to satan after performing some blood rituals.ogaga.am i wrong?@abuzola.d'nt you think that for the fact that satanist do not hate or attack muslims proves that maybe you're in the same path with them?@all christians.if i havent learnt anything from nairaland,i've come to know 1.that there is one almighty God,whose name is JEHOVAH/YAHWEH and his son JESUS CHRIST!2.He is in emnity with satan.3.the bible prophecies are true(satanists use d number 666)4.we're in the end time.This is time to KEEP IN WATCH.
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by wirinet(m): 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2009
REALKINGSON:

In satanism,there is no going back.A (spiritual)satanist is one who sold his soul to satan after performing some blood rituals.ogaga.am i wrong?@abuzola.d'nt you think that for the fact that satanist do not hate or attack muslims proves that maybe you're in the same path with them?@all christians.if i havent learnt anything from nairaland,i've come to know 1.that there is one almighty God,whose name is JEHOVAH/YAHWEH and his son JESUS CHRIST!2.He is in emnity with satan.3.the bible prophecies are true(satanists use d number 666)4.we're in the end time.This is time to KEEP IN WATCH.

My brother, are you a repentant satanist? because you know the inner secrets of satanism even better than the chief satanist himself - Ogaga. How do you know the blood rituals the satanists perform and how they perform it.

Then clarify further the properties of this JEHOVAH?YAHWEH and how he was able to beget a son (and not a daughter).
Then finally explain to me what they use the 666 number for?

About us being in the end times, they have been saying that even during the time of Jesus, why do you not just help us with a calender date.
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
Didnt i told you?
Re: Who Killed More People In The Bible? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:31pm On Feb 16, 2010
[size=13pt]you told me what. . . . ?[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheism / Is The Black Church All About Titles And Positions? / Confessions Of An End-time Pastor!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.