Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,249 members, 7,953,933 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:13 AM

Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha (18638 Views)

Kwankwaso's Supporters Burn Their Brooms In Kano After His Defection To PDP / Aminu Tambuwal Sacks All Commissioners Ahead Of His Defection To PDP / Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by sarrki(m): 5:03am On Jan 31, 2017
FOLLOWING rebuttal from South East governors who Governor Rochas Okorocha had suggested would dump the opposition and join the All Progressive Congress (APC), the Imo State government has said he may have spoken about it prematurely.

He had been reported to have said that he was in touch with three serving PDP governors in the region and they would soon be joining the APC.

But in a swift reaction,  Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors including Dave Umahi of Ebony State and Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State as well as Willie Obiano of Anambra State elected under the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) denied that they would defect to APC.

Obiano had in his reaction alleged that Okorocha had not provided the kind of leadership in Imo State to inspire any governor to join his party, saying:  “The question should be, has Rochas Okorocha provided an inspiring leadership for the people of Imo State under APC? So, why would any governor in Nigeria heed Okorocha’s call? Okorocha is an example of what a leader should not be.”

Reacting to the governors’ denial while speaking with State House correspondents after a meeting with acting President Yemi Osinbajo in his office, Okorocha said he may have spoken too early because the governors were not yet ready to defect.

“I don’t think it is true, but if it is true it is probably because it is not time. It could be because I spoke when they were not yet ready,” Okorocha said.
On the question of his leadership acumen, the Imo governor said: “It is not about Rochas Okorocha, I am a governor.”

On the call that Ndiigbo should produce the President in 2019, he reiterated that the South East should aspire to the presidency after the Muhammadu Buhari’s era.

According to him, “What I do know is that Ndiigbo should talk about presidency after President Muhammadu Buhari.
“I think we should support this government. President Muhammadu Buhari has a tenure to work for four years or Eight years according to the zoning arrangement and everybody should follow the zoning although I am not an advocate of zoning.”
He expressed confidence that the APC was becoming stronger in the South East as stakeholders were rebuilding the party.

Okorocha stated: “The APC as a party is strong in the South East. We are trying to rebuild the party and redefine leadership so there will be no confusion.
“As to whether the APC in the south east is in disarray as the case has always been, we want to have a united party in the south east. We are hopeful from all discussions that about two governors will be joining us in the south to strengthen the party.

“Right now, we have agreed that Sen Ken Nnamani should take a lead of the party in the south east to enable us have a common understanding along with other leaders like Chief Jim Nwobodo.”

http://tribuneonlineng.com/govs-defection-apc-i-spoke-early-okorocha/

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by paschal47(m): 5:05am On Jan 31, 2017
okoro awusa is a stupid clown and a talkative.

Nice questions from Obiano, that is why I'm always happy for my governor, 'what have you done in your state under APC that would make other south east governors defect to APC'?

APC members are so full of lies, and they talk too much that's why he didn't communicate with the governors and he came out to spew trash expecting the governors to just agree

My personal message to okoro awusa: stop being a fool, be guided so that you would find peace among your people.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by LoveMachine(m): 5:32am On Jan 31, 2017
Obiano with some major ether. Soul burn slow.

6 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by freeze001(f): 5:46am On Jan 31, 2017
Such a foolish man. I wonder why this piece of dog crap was allowed back into Douglas House and here he is trying to knock the heads of the SE governors and the region generally.

35 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by Izonpikin: 5:47am On Jan 31, 2017
To what end okorocha .. Na party the masses go chop

16 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by Kondomatic(m): 6:04am On Jan 31, 2017
He will never initiate a project too early.

14 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by searchng4love: 6:11am On Jan 31, 2017
he always talks before he thinks

33 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by MisterGrace: 6:14am On Jan 31, 2017
This man does not have any iota of sophistication in him.

12 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by Flyingngel(m): 6:46am On Jan 31, 2017
If there is any Governor in Nigeria who i think with his so call financial warchest will make his state the best among committee of states is Okorocha but alas the reverse is the case.

16 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 31, 2017
Brandolini's Law AKA the Bullshit asymmetry principle: "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

Bombarding the clowns with so much manipulative propaganda hoping some stick.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by Fedayeen02: 7:26am On Jan 31, 2017
The question should be, has Rochas Okorocha provided an inspiring leadership for the people of Imo State under APC? So, why would any governor in Nigeria heed Okorocha’s call? Okorocha is an example of what a leader should not be.

End of story”

47 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by awa(m): 9:26am On Jan 31, 2017
nonsense

1 Like

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by hucienda: 9:26am On Jan 31, 2017
Nigeria.

Too much politicking. Little or no governance.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by Jeffrey12(m): 9:26am On Jan 31, 2017
Na wahh for this Ibo man oo
Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by Joshjings(f): 9:27am On Jan 31, 2017
Mouth dey scratch dis one

2 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by rainerboy1010: 9:27am On Jan 31, 2017
issotite grin
Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by MARYchiells(f): 9:27am On Jan 31, 2017
I know you lied as usual.

1 Like

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by Originality007: 9:28am On Jan 31, 2017
undecided This is non of my biz, pls when is Aketi sweraing in, cant wait to see my new governor in Alagbaka state house cheesy.

God bless Ogbese, grin

God bless Akure, cheesy

God Ondo state wink

2 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by willi926(m): 9:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Okoroawusa the clown.what have you done for your state

1 Like

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by Xaddy(m): 9:28am On Jan 31, 2017
You reckon?
Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by eleojo23: 9:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Typical APC trait.

5 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by mykeljosef: 9:28am On Jan 31, 2017
.. waiting for okorohausa to get sense like

6 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by PEPPERified: 9:29am On Jan 31, 2017
Kudos to Gov Obiano. That's one massive, incredible punchline.

Obiano had in his reaction alleged that Okorocha had not provided the kind of leadership in Imo State to inspire any governor to join his party, saying: “The question should be, has Rochas Okorocha provided an inspiring leadership for the people of Imo State under APC? So, why would any governor in Nigeria heed Okorocha’s call? Okorocha is an example of what a leader should not be.”

10 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by CXLVII: 9:30am On Jan 31, 2017
The light of the East has spoken.

The most relevant Eastern politician in today's Nigeria and by facts, The ONLY Eastern candidate that has the political weight to clinch the Presidency.

It's always good to go with the North-Western alliance

1 Like

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by Cornerstone2020(m): 9:31am On Jan 31, 2017
This man can lie tufiakwa .

5 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by sdindan: 9:32am On Jan 31, 2017
Useless Governor.

3 Likes

Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by erico2k2(m): 9:32am On Jan 31, 2017
sarrki:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/govs-defection-apc-i-spoke-early-okorocha/
Lubish
IMO state should be where IPOB youths hold thier rallies to drive thier points home since this stage is defeating the objectives of BIAFRA . They left that state which is being systematically pulled off by this governor and came to PHChichester no BIAFRA agenda to protest . Ndiigbo can U lot call your Son to order ?
U can not go on rat hunting in another house when your house is full of rats.
Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by focus7: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by OBAGADAFFI: 9:34am On Jan 31, 2017
According to him, “What I do know is that Ndiigbo should talk about presidency after President Muhammadu Buhari.
“I think we should support this government. President Muhammadu Buhari has a tenure to work for four years or Eight years according to the zoning arrangement and everybody should follow the zoning although I am not an advocate of zoning.”

You see why we say APC and PDP are the same.
What part of the Nigerian constitution support Zoning?
Re: Governors Defection To APC: I Spoke Too Early — Rochas Okorocha by bestman09(m): 9:34am On Jan 31, 2017
Fedayeen02:
The question should be, has Rochas Okorocha provided an inspiring leadership for the people of Imo State under APC? So, why would any governor in Nigeria heed Okorocha’s call? Okorocha is an example of what a leader should not be.

End of story”
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari suspends NSITF MD, Somefun, 3 Directors, 8 Others / Tinubu Departs For Cotonou / ‘Too Many Lies’ – Amaechi Slams Ex-npa Boss, Hadiza Usman, Makes Fresh Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.