Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

How To Become A Successful Upcoming Artist In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Become A Successful Upcoming Artist In Nigeria (4808 Views)

Kaykings A Trending Artist In The Industry Now / The Best Undiscovered Artist In Nigeria / 7 Things Every Upcoming Artist Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Successful Upcoming Artist In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 31, 2017
HOW TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL UPCOMING ARTIST IN NIGERIA

The Nigerian Music Industry Of Today Has Taken A New Dimension Compared To The Days Of Old When Music Artiste Will Simply Go To The Studio, Record A Couple Of Songs And Then Have The Radio & Alaba Mixtape To Promote Them Only Without The Need Of A Music Video .

The Trend Of The Days Of Now Is Music Video And This Is Fast Becoming Another Challenge For The Up-Comers Who Have Little Or No Fund To Finance A Music Video . Some Directors Charge From #1 Million Naira Minimum For A Music Video While Top Celebrity Directors Charge As High As 10 Million Naira. When The Up-Coming Artiste Think Of The Cost Of A Music Video They Get Frustrated To Pursue Their Career While Others Fail To See The Need For A Music Video . But Believe Me I Have Seen Good Music Videos On Satellite Channels And From My Research Some Of These Videos Were Produced For 100k On The Low Side . I Know This For Sure If The Director Have Passion For His Work And Love The Song You Are Shooting A Video For He Will Work With The Budget And Deliver Well, But Still Remember The Popular Nigerian Saying “Better Soup Na Money Kill Am” .

Video Is A Great Way To Increase Brand Awareness About Who You Are And What Your Tone Of Voice Is. Some People Are Slow Listeners. That’s A Given. When Faced With The Option Of Listening Or Reading Through A Block Of Text That Breaks Things Down In A Straightforward, Visually Exciting Manner, Plenty Of People Will Choose The Video. Although Frequently Referred To As A Visual Medium, Video Is Much More Of A Sensory Experience. When Beautiful Images Combine With Effective Sound Design Or Emotional Music, A Video Has The Potential To Engage With Audiences.

Having A Music Video Can Help Promote Your Band, Through Video Sites Such As Youtube And Blogs Like This One. As Well As By Getting Exposure On Satelite Television. Video Is A Good Way Of Getting Exposure And Experience And Brands Are Often Happy To Give You A Creative Free Reign. A Video Doesn’t Need To Cost A Fortune What’s Important Is Having A Good Idea And Working Within Your Budget. So The Question Of If Upcoming Artists Need A Music Video Is A Yes.

JOSEPH OLADUGBA (J-World)
CREATIVE VIDEO DIRECTOR
TWITTER/ @Oladugbaking
INSTAGRAM /@OladugbaJoseph

Re: How To Become A Successful Upcoming Artist In Nigeria by pointblank247(m): 10:35am On Jan 31, 2017
i see lets work. i have job for you

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Successful Upcoming Artist In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 31, 2017
pointblank247:
i see lets work. i have job for you

Contact me via my email jworldntertainment@gmail.com
you can also add me up or follow on social media platforms.
Re: How To Become A Successful Upcoming Artist In Nigeria by j3r3myk3n(m): 1:12am On Sep 12, 2020
GbeduCloud is calling all music creators to upload their songs freely, meet other upcoming/emerging and major artists, collaborate and get unfiltered opinions from a huge community of good music lovers...

(1) (Reply)

Album: Best Of Lucky Dube / African & Nigerian DJ Pool For Free DJ Downloads / Who Wanna Battle Hybrid-x?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.