Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

The South In Retrospect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South In Retrospect (818 Views)

Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? / "North Will Not, Will Never Allow Presidency To Move To South In 2019" - NYLF / Biafra: Ijaw Youths Blast MASSOB For Including South-south In ‘territory’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The South In Retrospect by Algebra12: 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
From another forum:

#Who_Cursed_Southerners?

In this Nigeria, an average Southerner is a weakling. A born coward with serious complex issues. A fool and an idiot. A slave. A typical example of a butterfly who thinks himself a bird. But this is not even the problem. The biggest problem is, he doesn't even realise he is any of those things.

The only thing an average Southerner is good at is blowing high sounding grammar and acquiring degrees upon degrees but when it comes to things that matter most, he goes to slumber.

An average Southerner has this twisted mindset that the best way to be seen as a patriotic and detribalised Nigerian is by degrading, shaming and disparaging his own tribe for no just cause.

Abacha stole this country blind, such that 20 years after, his loot is still being returned to the country. But in spite of this, people like Buhari publicly swore that he (Abacha) stole nothing. But to an average Southern idiot, Jonathan's 5 year rule is the reason we have no fuel, no light, no good educational system, no nothing! Jonathan is the worst thief in Nigeria's history. IBB, Abdulsalam and even Buhari who was accused of stealing billions of dollars as PTF boss were all saints. Why? Because they are Northerners.

Was it not a southern he-goat named Obasanjo who publicly accused Jonathan of training snipers in Pyongyang (North Korea) ahead of last year's election?? He made the unfounded allegation just to please his masters upnorth. Now that we have the highest figure of senseless deaths of civilians in the hands of both state and non state actors under a Northern president Buhari, have you read any letter from OBJ??

When Shiites were massacred in Zaria, it took less than 48 hours for Chidi Odinkalu of the National Human Right Commission to establish a commission of inquiry and summon the army chief but when unarmed IPOB members praying in a school field in Aba were murdered by the security agents, did you hear even a loosely worded condemnation from Chidi Odinkalu??

Check out the list of those asking that Fayose to be tried for treason for writing to the Chinese govt over Buhari's $2 loan, they are 80% southerners. And most of them have not even read the said Fayose letter at least to know the reasons Fayose adduced in the said letter. These are the same fools who kept mum when Sango Abdullahi, Sani Kaita and some so called Northern elders publicly threatened to make the country ungovernable if power wasn't returned to the North. When Buhari made his 'dogs and baboon' speech and directly caused the death of southern youth corpers, these morons kept mum.

With all the numberless killing of civilians under this regime and its open support for the genocide the world fourth deadliest terror group (the Fulani militant) has continue to visit on Nigerians, have these highly educated southerners bothered to write a strongly worded petition to the ICC just like Nyako, El-rufai and other northerners did to Jonathan??

These southern fools will gleefully yell 'Kanu should rot in jail, he was preaching hate on radio Biafra!' But these clowns maintained sealed lips over the hateful and inciting broadcast by 'Radio Chanji' and Arewa Radio upNorth. Such is the degree of the soulless hypocrisy of these southern senseless hypocrites.

These nitwits were on rooftops telling us how incompetent and corrupt Jonathan was and how his removal was a patriotic duty. Today, things have all gone worse under Buhari and you would think that these southern imbeciles would be at the forefront calling for Buhari's resignation but no! They are the ones defending the Daura born ex-soldier even against the worse things for which they crucified Jonathan then.

Now I know why Jonathan appeared weak as president and spent his 5 year term trying to please the North.

He knew he had nobody behind him. He knew that we Southerners are weaklings only good at blowing high sounding but empty grammar.

These 'efulefu' southerners will never question why Buhari has never condemned the murderous activities of his fulani kinsmen but these same 'anumpamas' will read this post and quickly tag me a bigot.

Slaves who think themselves masters!!

#Copied

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The South In Retrospect by limeta(f): 3:06pm On Jan 31, 2017
In this Nigeria, an average Southerner is a weakling.
A born coward with serious complex issues.
A fool and an idiot. A slave.
A typical example of a butterfly who thinks himself a bird.
But this is not even the problem.
The biggest problem is, he doesn't even realise he is any of those things.

Am with you
They let the yoruba muslims ride their brains.

3 Likes

Re: The South In Retrospect by Algebra12: 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
limeta:

Am with you
The let the yoruba muslims ride their brains.

It is important we try not to make this a Yoruba /Igbo thing.

Truth is, the entire south is guilty and untill we admit this and decide to make amends, the north will always take us for a ride.

3 Likes

Re: The South In Retrospect by dplordx(m): 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2017
Read your history...there is always a majority and minority in any nation. Brasil since independece has been ruled by thr majority, the Pardo. Malaysia by thr Malays. Iraq is made up of the Kurds and Arab Iraqis. The kurds have been killed for decdes, as they are a minority. Iran is owned by the Shias and the sunis are been subjugated. While Saudi Arabia is ruled by the Sunnis while suppressing the minorities.
The man who could have been the game changer was GEJ. And he didn't. A spinless loser of a leader from the South. Obasanjo is a hopeless case, he's too in love with the idea of this zoo. The most disturbing phenomenon is the Biafra agitation...why are the IBO's calling for it at such a moment. You'd five good years to get it and you let it slip away while looting the treasure wantomly. You can't steal and now run away...law of cause and shi.ttiing the stolen yams. Anyways, events have a funny way of unfolding. Let's see what Buhorror game plan does to this country. Right now, the idea of Nigeria is a stress to even the president. Why would he jet out at every opportunity to the UK.

1 Like

Re: The South In Retrospect by denko(m): 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
The North Rules but more poverty in the north can you explain that
Algebra12:

Truth is, the entire south is guilty and untill we admit this and decide to make amends, the north will always take us for a rise.
Re: The South In Retrospect by Algebra12: 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2017
denko:

I do not need to explain anything. There is also poverty in the south.

We are talking about political power and leadership. How the southerner has always seen himself as inferior to the north.

How you see when people make permutations for running of office of the president, they will always place a northerner as number one then a southerner as the vice.

Surely, we are not cursed, or are we?

1 Like

Re: The South In Retrospect by Deprofessional(m): 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2017
@op

Flesh and blood did not give you the boldness to write this, but the Almighty did.

Each time I took a cursory look at the political structure of Nigeria, I have come to realise that the southerners are indeed stupid, selfish, and stark morons.

Is there any reason why Kano should have more local government than Lagos state? Is governance about people or land mass? Tell me why Kano and Jigawa federal constituencies should be more than the federal contutuencies in the south east. Do you believe that Kano is more populated than Lagos?

As at today 90% of federal appointments have gone to the North.

I am pained, even more, when I realised how the south has been deeply divided by the north in other to encourage Housa/fulani supremacy. It pains me that even our great politicians, academicians, and men of clouts have failed to realise that we have been subjugated to second class citizens in Nigeria.

We are our greatest enemy in the south. Look at the south east, south west and the south south, none of these regions has ever agreed on one thing in common. An Hausa man told me during the run up to the presidential election that what mattered to them is to have their own man at the helm of affairs. According to him, it doesnt matter whether the person turns out to be the worst or the best president in Nigeria. What they need is their own man.

Have you ever heard the North east and North west fighting themselves. No. But everyday south east and south west will never allow us to read good write up in Nairaland except writings that reveal deep sitted enmity.

I have said it before and will say it again, the day the south will unite to a common objective, that is the day that the region will be completely liberated. The middle belt will be more willing to align with the south than the murderous North.

The other day, there were revelations here in Nairaland that the CBN is selling USD for as low as $1 to N197 and sometimes $1 to N0.61 to some companies with northern interest. and tomorrow they will tell us that one fool from the North is the richest man in the black world.

South it is time to wake up. Lets for once assert our authority.

Achebe said in the book Aro of God, " it is only a fool that does not know when the wood from ukwa tree is shared".
Achebe also wrote in things fall apart ' if you agree, your Chi (GOD) will also agree."

4 Likes

Re: The South In Retrospect by chuka5000(m): 4:17pm On Jan 31, 2017
denko:

there's poverty there cos they don't love themselves. how then do you expect them to love you.
Re: The South In Retrospect by Algebra12: 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
dplordx:
Read your history...there is always a majority and minority in any nation. Brasil since independece has been ruled by thr majority, the Pardo. Malaysia by thr Malays. Iraq is made up of the Kurds and Arab Iraqis. The kurds have been killed for decdes, as they are a minority. Iran is owned by the Shias and the sunis are been subjugated. While Saudi Arabia is ruled by the Sunnis while suppressing the minorities.
The man who could have been the game changer was GEJ. And he didn't. A spinless loser of a leader from the South. Obasanjo is a hopeless case, he's too in love with the idea of this zoo. The most disturbing phenomenon is the Biafra agitation...why are the IBO's calling for it at such a moment. You'd five good years to get it and you let it slip away while looting the treasure wantomly. You can't steal and now run away...law of cause and shi.ttiing the stolen yams. Anyways, events have a funny way of unfolding. Let's see what Buhorror game plan does to this country. Right now, the idea of Nigeria is a stress to even the president. Why would he jet out at every opportunity to the UK.

You would agree with me that the problem is not much of majority /minority relationship. If it were, OBJ and GEJ wouldn't have become Nigeria's presidents.

But that the south choose to be subservient to the north, promoting any riffraff from there ahead of better qualifies southerners.

Tell me why we would say "even if he presents NEPA bill as certificate, we will vote for him"? It is our slavish nature that can make us say that. The worst is ww didn't realize what we were doing.

1 Like

Re: The South In Retrospect by zendy: 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
We all know who the 'weakest link' in the south are. They are the same people who always bow to their supreme Northern masters all the time

1 Like

Re: The South In Retrospect by Algebra12: 8:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
zendy:
We all know who the 'weakest link' in the south are. They are the same people who always bow to their supreme Northern masters all the time

There is need to close ranks among the southerners, cos our weakest link is our breaking point.

1 Like

Re: The South In Retrospect by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2017
Afonja.....chai

1 Like

Re: The South In Retrospect by Nowenuse: 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
Algebra12:

Truth is, the entire south is guilty and untill we admit this and decide to make amends, the north will always take us for a ride.

Your post OP is a very correct and true one.

The truth is that not just you southnerns are resenting this fact, a lot of middlebelters and northern christians are also victims.
Any middlebelter or northern minority who must go places or rise high must be a mouthpiece of the Hausa-fulanis and the funniest thing is that northern minorities outnumber Hausa-fulanis even in the north, but they (hausa-fulanis) have used religion, the emirate system and geo-zoning to divide northern minorities and frustrate the independent MIDDLEBELT STRUGGLE and identity just the same way they are brainwashing many yoruba muslims.

The truth is that unless the south can unite as one and include we middlebelters (especially christians), Hausa-fulanis will continue to rule and dominate our lives forever and ever.
Hausa-fulanis had the largest kingdoms and Sultanate when the British came and they were more exposed and enlightened than the rest of us at that time. So they did a lot to secure their interests permanently in the future of Nigeria forever. Our fathers did not secure ours and we are paying for this.
Re: The South In Retrospect by Nowenuse: 11:44pm On Jan 31, 2017
Another problem with southnerns is that too much western education and western ideologies has affected them.
Everybody has an opinion in the south, hence opposing each other and can never agree on one thing.
All southernerns are capitalistic in nature and only concerned about individual wealth creation (this is a good attribute though as it has helped the south become richer than the north and reduced poverty rates).
Oversabi and over sense is also the problem of southernerns, everyone wants to prove he is smarter and outsmart his immediate neighbour and no one is ready to sacrifice anything for the collective good of the people, unlike most northerners (hausa-fulanis) who have this mentality of WE HAVE TO UNITE AGAINST THEM IRRESPECTIVE OUR DIFFERENCES and our own is our own. Northernerns easily compromise to one another for the collective good of their people.

In summary, southernerns and christians cannot eat their cake and have it, as long as we share same country with hausa-fulanis.
We all rushed to accept western education and ideologies and it has helped us to progress better and develop ourselves better than the Hausa-fulanis and muslims, but in the long run, the poorer and more illiterate northerners and muslims rule us cos they are less western-educated hence more easily manipulated, convinced and motivated, selfless, less-individualistic, less capitalistic and more united.
Re: The South In Retrospect by Deprofessional(m): 1:29pm On Feb 01, 2017
Nowenuse:

Your post OP is a very correct and true one.

The truth is that not just you southnerns are resenting this fact, a lot of middlebelters and northern christians are also victims.
Any middlebelter or northern minority who must go places or rise high must be a mouthpiece of the Hausa-fulanis and the funniest thing is that northern minorities outnumber Hausa-fulanis even in the north, but they (hausa-fulanis) have used religion, the emirate system and geo-zoning to divide northern minorities and frustrate the independent MIDDLEBELT STRUGGLE and identity just the same way they are brainwashing many yoruba muslims.

The truth is that unless the south can unite as one and include we middlebelters (especially christians), Hausa-fulanis will continue to rule and dominate our lives forever and ever.
Hausa-fulanis had the largest kingdoms and Sultanate when the British came and they were more exposed and enlightened than the rest of us at that time. So they did a lot to secure their interests permanently in the future of Nigeria forever. Our fathers did not secure ours and we are paying for this.
Re: The South In Retrospect by ozoebuka1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
Algebra12:

you can't deny the fact that issues like this one will always degenerate to igbo/yoruba sentiments and when it gets to that, the precursor will be justified...my honest opinion.
Re: The South In Retrospect by sekamykome(m): 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
OP, to be honest with you I thought i was the only one who nursed the feeling that the black man from south of the Niger and Benue River in Nigeria is born to be a slave. I had always thought education will make his lots better, but alas, the more educated he is the more confused he becomes. The more educated these southerners are the higher the pitch of discord in their communities. They cannot as a people come to an agreement and that agreement will stand, nay, they must wash their dirty linens in the public with such stupidity and buffoonery that amazes and insults the intellect of others. It annoys men when I see or hear southerners reffering to Northerners as "abokis" or "mallam" in a derogatory manner.

As a child I witnessed an arguement between two of my uncles, one posited that the Hausa/Fulani people are the smartest of the lots in Nigeria, the other argured contrary to that, the one who argured against seemed to be more articulated and was convincing me as a child until the former asked a question that I still cannot bring myself to believe. He asked "How old is Nigeria?" then the other replied, and he went further "How many southerners had sat as presidents during the age? Then he replied 2, and he went further, How many years did these two do in the number of years? Then it dawned on me that he was right, now I am a grown man, this rhetoric has not changed, till date!!

It was from these observations that I keep saying it that division is not the way out for Nigeria as it is. Instead let us find a way to manage it because, if you divide this country, the southerners will kill themselves while their elites are having a jamboree in Dubai. Annoyingly, it did not start today, that sold their kinsmen into slavery more than any other people in this country, what else were you expecting.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Fight Against Corruption. Pic / Rivers Election Summary / Is Better For Nigeria If Buhari Remains In London Forever - Econimist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.