Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? (3652 Views)

Parent Pranks Son With Empty Pack Of Iphone 11 / Topic closed / The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by laugherbet(f): 5:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
I happen to collect my first salary post nysc,though is meagre but i want to do d normal thing dt dey said first salary is 4 one's parent.is jst 12k nd i stay in same town with my parent.just 10minutes drive.what do you think i can get for him plus how did you do urz wen u collect ur first salary,is it necessary,
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by yomi007k(m): 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2017
Well, personally I didnt do dt cos I dnt believe in it .

I really dnt dig dt mindset cos If I give dem my first salary it may give me d impression dt I dont owe dem anymore. ..

Wat I believe in is dt I am responsible to atleast support their welfare wch I do from time to time cos dey r not doind badly.

I also knw dt dey r proud of me cos I dnt let dem down.

....but u can always do it if it wnt put u in a tight corner.

1 Like

Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by BiafranBushBoy: 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2017
They always get 20% every month
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
Well doing that doesnt exactly mean you are paying them back for what they have done for you.

It is only a symbolic act telling them that you appreciate their support up till that point.

Normally, they are expected to pray for you and bless the money and you AND give you back the money.

So, yes, do it and recieve your parents' blessings.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by Melsan: 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Yes
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by laugherbet(f): 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
U mean i shld take everytin 2 dem no nid of buying something for dem out of it
Ioannes:
Well doing that doesnt exactly mean you are paying them back for what they have done for you.

It is only a symbolic act telling them that you appreciate their support up till that point.

Normally, they are expected to pray for you and bless the money and you AND give you back the money.

So, yes, do it and recieve your parents' blessings.
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by TheeDetective: 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
Giving the money should not be an issue as 99.9% of the time, parents usually give the money back to you. If they don’t give it back, see it as a sign of appreciation. It’s always good to look after your parents for all the sacrifices they have done as that increases their joy towards you.

1 Like

Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
laugherbet:
U mean i shld take everytin 2 dem no nid of buying something for dem out of it

Take everything to them. They may remove a part. If not, If they give you everything, then buy something for them. It doesn't have to be expensive.
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by laugherbet(f): 9:38am On Feb 01, 2017
Tnks,bt like wat
Ioannes:

Take everything to them. They may remove a part. If not, If they give you everything, then buy something for them. It doesn't have to be expensive.
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
laugherbet:
Tnks,bt like wat

Ha... now That's a question I can't answer for you o. You know your parents and what they'll appreciate, I don't. Just think about it. It could be something they can both use in the house. Inexpensive. smiley
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by ststyreal(f): 12:05am On Feb 03, 2017
laugherbet:
I happen to collect my first salary post nysc,though is meagre but i want to do d normal thing dt dey said first salary is 4 one's parent.is jst 12k nd i stay in same town with my parent.just 10minutes drive.what do you think i can get for him plus how did you do urz wen u collect ur first salary,is it necessary,
I did mine and I felt blessed with their prayers over me then. I gave my first salary to my dad, he prayed with me and in return took some money and handed the remaining to me. I was super happy, felt like a super and well trained daughter of my wonderful parents. It's something you should do, and your child will do same to you. It's like honouring your parents and I tell you, they will feel so proud of you. So I encourage you to do same and be bless for the rest of your life here on earth. A wise child maketh his father glad, so says the word of God. You are bless oo jareee!
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by laugherbet(f): 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Tnks,i did it nd just as u said i felt blessed nd happy,evritin happen jst as u said
ststyreal:

I did mine and I felt blessed with their prayers over me then. I gave my first salary to my dad, he prayed with me and in return took some money and handed the remaining to me. I was super happy, felt like a super and well trained daughter of my wonderful parents. It's something you should do, and your child will do same to you. It's like honouring your parents and I tell you, they will feel so proud of you. So I encourage you to do same and be bless for the rest of your life here on earth. A wise child maketh his father glad, so says the word of God. You are bless oo jareee!
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
Melsan:
I gave the money to my parents,they prayed on it and my mum paid the money as first fruits offering on my behalf in the church.
Your pastor must be very rich.
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by babyfaceafrica: 10:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
Lolz ...
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by ststyreal(f): 12:01am On Feb 05, 2017
laugherbet:
Tnks,i did it nd just as u said i felt blessed nd happy,evritin happen jst as u said
Henceforth, you will be favoured. Am happy for you. Your parents must be proud of you if not for anything, for this singular act of yours. You are blessed because you have the blessings of your parents with you for life. Continue to make them proud and you will be better for it. Take care of yourself. God bless you continuosly
Re: Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? by Acidosis(m): 1:01am On Feb 05, 2017
First, I didn't do this formally because I don't know what it means to receive a salary. I had however initiated ideas in my school days that fetched me significant income and consequently relieved my parents the need to periodically send in pocket money. I think they were proud of that.

Besides, I'm beginning to question a lot of long held but baseless beliefs in this part of the world. We were told to pay 10% as tithe, imagine paying all your salary to your parents or as first fruit to your pastor even when you've been commanded to pay 10% as tithe. So where did we get it wrong exactly?

If God truly demanded a first fruit offering, how do we then pay tithe again?
Is it possible for God to contradict Himself? So, I Acidosis, do not believe in a first fruit offering to some special set of people (e.g. pastors), but I believe in all-fruit giving to everyone in need cos that is what my Bible requested!

Of course, if I feel that my pastor needs money, I would simply offer something within my budget, not my whole earnings because someone preached that. That's a lie, God never told anyone to pay any first fruit offering to anyone ever since he offered his first fruit - Jesus Christ!

I've decided to live a life according to my own alignment and understanding of the Bible, not necessarily what people do or say.

I can decide to spend my first salary on myself, spend it on chilled malt and peppersoup and still remain blessed. Heck, I can decide to not give sh!t to anyone on Christmas when others are running helter skelter with hampers. The most important thing is GIVING out of a pure heart. First or no first, Christmas or a April fool day, it changes nothing.

Both the first fruit payer and the receiver who selfishly denied the payer from obeying the law of tithing have sinned against God. They have both robbed God and that's what the Bible truly preaches!

(1) (Reply)

Share With Me, Thanking God For His Faithfulness. / Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House / Help!!! My Girlfriend's Sister Is Driving Me Nuts - Handsome777

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.