Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban (17260 Views)

4 US Forces Injured After Russian And US Military Vehicles Collide / Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation / 15 USA States Sue Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by MrMontella(m): 8:18am On Feb 01, 2017

Four US states are suing the Trump administration over the president’s executive order banning refugees and travelers from a list of predominantly Muslim countries from entering America.

New York, Massachusetts and Virginia joined Washington state on a growing list of states in launching legal challenges
against executive order that wreaked havoc at airports at the weekend

Washington became the first state to sue the White House on Monday.

On Tuesday New York joined a federal lawsuit against Trump’s executive order brought by the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation, the Urban Justice Center and others...

Eric Schneiderman, the New York state attorney general, described the order signed last Friday as unconstitutional, unlawful, and fundamentally un-American

“Virginia has a substantial interest in protecting its public universities and their faculty and students from the academic and fiscal disruption posed by the executive order,” according to the state’s motion filed in the federal court of Alexandria

Massachusetts attorney general Maura Healey said the state was also filing its own case seeking to have the ban struck down.

The executive order is harmful, discriminatory and unconstitutional. It
discriminates on the basis of religion and national origin, Healey said at a press briefing at her office

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/

cc:lalasticlala seun mynd44 obinoscopy

2 Likes

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Mynd44: 8:22am On Feb 01, 2017
We always complain about Politicians not doing what he said they will do but we find one and the whole world wants to lose their head. America voted the pumpkin, they should enjoy it.

Plus California and New York have kuku said they will practice open defiance before

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by veekid(m): 8:24am On Feb 01, 2017
It's high time we sue Buhari also

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by lonelydora: 8:24am On Feb 01, 2017
Trump is fulfilling his campaign promises. Why are people angry with him? US shouldn't have voted for him, because he told you guys before hand.

Donald Trump my man.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by prince985(m): 8:24am On Feb 01, 2017
Ok
Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by savedpeace: 8:24am On Feb 01, 2017
Just drinking my pap.... Watching what's going to happen next .... Next page grin

2 Likes

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Hades2016(m): 8:25am On Feb 01, 2017
Ok seen
Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by martineverest(m): 8:25am On Feb 01, 2017
i will take dem serious when states of california and texas join

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 01, 2017
Na so controversies go dey follow Trump from the time him declare him intention to run for President till the time him comot?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by jaymejate: 8:25am On Feb 01, 2017
What's our own there.

Please how is PMBs health?
Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by 40kobo77: 8:25am On Feb 01, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by gudnex22(m): 8:25am On Feb 01, 2017
On January 21st of 2017, the day after I take the oath of office, Americans will finally wake up in a country where the laws of the United States are enforced. We are going to be considerate and compassionate to everyone. But my greatest compassion will be for our own struggling citizens.

Donald Trump

Zach Kerman
Not taking refugees and closing our borders doesn't mean we are "heartless" or "mean". I lock my doors every night. I don't lock them because I "hate" the people outside. I lock them because I LOVE the people INSIDE! Yes Good job Mr. President!
Like · 167 · Reply · Report · 3 hours ago
12 replies

14 Likes

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by BELKIS(f): 8:26am On Feb 01, 2017
cry
Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by MChaze25(m): 8:26am On Feb 01, 2017
Trump please ignore them...nonsense

2 Likes

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by dukie25: 8:26am On Feb 01, 2017
Donald Trump is not going to be in that position for long.

3 Likes

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Arewa12: 8:26am On Feb 01, 2017
The beginning of Confusion

1 Like

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by joedams: 8:26am On Feb 01, 2017
The leader you voted for is the leader you got. Live and deal with it.

4 Likes

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by mployer(m): 8:26am On Feb 01, 2017
Trump overestimated his powers.

1 Like

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Thawarplay(m): 8:27am On Feb 01, 2017
Just wondering who vote for Trump cause most the American on Facebook are blasting him

7 Likes

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Briz(m): 8:27am On Feb 01, 2017
oya na FTC yiaaaaa
Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by weyab: 8:27am On Feb 01, 2017
Mynd44:
We always complain about Politicians not doing what he said they will do but we find one and the whole world wants to lose their head. America voted the pumpkin, they should enjoy it.

Plus California and New York have kuku said they will practice open defiance before
are u OK. Just asking

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by 0b10010011: 8:27am On Feb 01, 2017
Beginning of an End

America breaking across different lines.

I think we need to start giving kudos to Obama for his unifying diplomacy

At the pace Trump is threading, America will go aground past what they were during Bush administration.

Watching as things unfold...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 01, 2017
veekid:

Sue any of his policies that offends the constitution. That's what these states have done and that's what the courts are for. Feel free.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Corrinthians(m): 8:28am On Feb 01, 2017
What i find really refreshing about OsuPobians and their love for Trump in the hope he will grant them their Osufra wishes is that Califonia has asked to secede from the USA!

Now, before Trump even makes the first move in their favour, he must have reduced the number of states in the US from 50 to 49!

Now, who in their right mind thinks Trump wold EVER allow that to happen? grin

Time to start looking for the next dïck to suck boys, it seems Trump's been tainted. Maybe go back to Natanyahu and Putin. grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Godknowsbest: 8:28am On Feb 01, 2017
We don't have to sue Buhari he's already in zoo.
veekid:

1 Like

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by joedams: 8:28am On Feb 01, 2017
Texas is too conservative to join.
martineverest:
i will take adem serious when states of california and texas join

1 Like

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Samanza89: 8:29am On Feb 01, 2017
At least they have someone to sue...

In Nigeria here...

Where is our president...

#istandwith2baba

2 Likes

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by jesus500(m): 8:29am On Feb 01, 2017
Why do we hear so much about this clown?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by johncreek: 8:29am On Feb 01, 2017
Mynd44:

Exactly my thought...
Mean while Happy new month to you all.

2 Likes

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by AmuEwu: 8:30am On Feb 01, 2017
I'm still wandering how Trump won the election

1 Like

Re: 4 US States Sue Trump's Administration Over 'un- American' Ttravel Ban by Kingspin(m): 8:32am On Feb 01, 2017
Trump is president not Clinton. And by the time you guys finish sueing 90days will be over.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit / Trump Acquitted By Senate In Second Impeachment Trial / Obama's Victory Spells Trouble For Israel's Netanyahu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.