Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally (52753 Views)

Youths Plan Nationwide Solidarity Rally In Favour Of Prof Osinbajo And Magu / Trump Solidarity Rally: Pro-Biafra Agitators, Soldiers Clash, Scores Wounded / IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by Origin(f): 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2017
Free money no de town again. That is what the protest is about.
Capitalist are making cool profit, but that profit is been undermined by inflation, because as you raise your costs others too will raise theirs.

Its only in Nigeria that people increase prices in a recession and they believe they have made profit. At the end of 2017 analyse the financials of most companies, they will be making more profit but that profit has no value because it has a reduced buying power.

Is that the president's fault?. He can always enforce a price ceiling on all goods but will you let him.

There is no justification for the increase in goods and commodities in Nigeria today especially for non export items. Why is local rice expensive, why is garri expensive its expensive because they have to match its buying power to what obtains in the market. I cant sell garri for N135 when the things I will use the sales to buy are costlier.

There has to been a general price reduction starting from the dangotes- cement and general foods what are the imports that has made the prices of this goods so high. Because if. I sell mango, I will use the profit to buy spaghetti sugar etc which prices has increased.

We are still import dependent but most of the price increases are for me not totally related to dollar exchange but rather some capitalists trying to cash out from the economy.
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by 0b10010011: 10:44pm On Feb 01, 2017
egobetatoday:

Eyahhh...only 6 likes for you? Pele.
Come and take 10 kobo for your effort grin

So when did "likes" become a judgement? Minority or majority have NEVER been a basis to determine the best option.

Going back to your self assumed, quantified and concluded gibberish, do you still actually believe "likes" is a factor?
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by 0b10010011: 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2017
ayobamiakinrind:

When will you grow up? This isn't a PDP vs APC contest, go to the streets and hear people out.
Was it PDP that coerced Buhari to make his campaign promises? Why shouldn't people ask for what they're promised?

Growing up entails so many things beyond attaining puberty or having height. It's more of a thing of the brain. Yes! People re complaining, have u been able to ask how and why people re complaining? Have u done indebt studies to know why we re where we re and proffer solutions? Likes of you re only good at apportioning blames. You neither know about the root or cause of the economic downturn but at best, could share blames

Do more financial indebt studies to know why Nigeria is where it is. For your information, we re not the only oil producing country that this down turn has hit. If a mighty Saudi Arabia could be hit, how much more Nigeria..

We just failed to plan
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by 0b10010011: 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
pcei:
Ewu

Little can u give-up when u have nothing upstairs. You can't just give what you don't have.

Critically and cogently come against my point which am sure you can't cos you don't have.
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by ReubenE(m): 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2017
Nigeria may never be better.
Dissenting voices are treated as enemies even when the truth is staring at us.

It will interest many to know that, it is those that are suffering that will collect N1000 to stand with this failed government.

Rather than use this opportunity to gain the support and trust of the people, that government is working round the clock to stamp out the current suffering in the land, foolishness is urging them to sponsor a counter protest.

I spit on Nigeria...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by egobetatoday: 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2017
0b10010011:

So when did "likes" become a judgement? Minority or majority have NEVER been a basis to determine the best option.

Going back to your self assumed, quantified and concluded gibberish, do you still actually believe "likes" is a factor?
Mehn e pain am
hiohiohiohioheheheheehahaha
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by hayortwice(m): 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2017
0b10010011:

Growing up entails so many things beyond attaining puberty or having height. It's more of a thing of the brain. Yes! People re complaining, have u been able to ask how and why people re complaining? Have u done indebt studies to know why we re where we re and proffer solutions? Likes of you re only good at apportioning blames. You neither know about the root or cause of the economic downturn but at best, could share blames

Do more financial indebt studies to know why Nigeria is where it is. For your information, we re not the only oil producing country that this down turn has hit. If a mighty Saudi Arabia could be hit, how much more Nigeria..

We just failed to plan
Mr man,am sure they pay for you to be defending the suffering of Nigeria..where is the man you are defending now..he is enjoying 24 hours light somewhere..shey na crime to defend our right ..
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
$50 is 25k Imagine. And some bastards want to stand with what?? They said he went for vacation, why he no go Daura??
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by ReubenE(m): 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
Origin:
Free money no de town again. That is what the protest is about.
Capitalist are making cool profit, but that profit is been undermined by inflation, because as you raise your costs others too will raise theirs.

Its only in Nigeria that people increase prices in a recession and they believe they have made profit. At the end of 2017 analyse the financials of most companies, they will be making more profit but that profit has no value because it has a reduced buying power.

Is that the president's fault?. He can always enforce a price ceiling on all goods but will you let him.

There is no justification for the increase in goods and commodities in Nigeria today especially for non export items. Why is local rice expensive, why is garri expensive its expensive because they have to match its buying power to what obtains in the market. I cant sell garri for N135 when the things I will use the sales to buy are costlier.

There has to been a general price reduction starting from the dangotes- cement and general foods what are the imports that has made the prices of this goods so high. Because if. I sell mango, I will use the profit to buy spaghetti sugar etc which prices has increased.

We are still import dependent but most of the price increases are for me not totally related to dollar exchange but rather some capitalists trying to cash out from the economy.
What are you saying?
Politics belongs to the super structure which holds the very framework of society together.
Politics is closely followed by Law and Economy (substructure).
Therefore, politics plays a major role in the shape and texture of an economy.
Don't blame capitalists for trying to maximize profit when clearly there is an opportunity for them to do so. After all, profit maximization is what capitalism is built upon.
A responsible government recognises this fact by putting in place a mechanism for checking the exploitative tendencies of the capitalists, that includes stamping out this self inflicted recession.
Secondly, you don't fix prices in a capitalist economy, it is not even a solution to the current problem. It is not good for business because no one would want to do business in an environment where prices of their commodities are determined by someone else.

Government is solely responsible for this recession.
If you don't want ants in your home, then avoid pouring sugar on the floor.
Meaning, if you don't want capitalists exploitation, avoid recession.

Good evening
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by Skmoda360(m): 11:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
God punish buhari wherever he is..........#teamnationkiller
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by loomer: 12:11am On Feb 02, 2017
Them just wan cause fight if the protest go clash
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 02, 2017
Why are some stupid professors bothered about tuface past? After all he looks after his kids. There is hunger in the land and all people can think is his randiness?? How does that put food on the table? $50 is now 25k, and you are bothered about 2face. Some are saying it's politically motivated, why?? Guess what, pardon me for using expletives here, but the situation has reached a profane point. I don't care whose ox is gored, but you have to hear it.
Fvck your political affiliation (pdp or apc)
Fvck where you worship(Christian or Muslim)
Fvck your tribe (igbo,hausa or yoruba)
Fvck where you come from or grew up
Fvck the ministers
Fvck the CBN
Go out and protest, let your voices be heard since oga has ear infection, scream louder. And if you are in support of this government then
F U C K YOU too!!!!
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by braine(m): 12:29am On Feb 02, 2017
Damilare5882:
Youths ..let's form a poilitcal party as against 2019 and take this country back from all these hungry fools and make it better #enoughisenough

What do you know about running a government? You think its child's play?
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by chiraqDemon(m): 1:10am On Feb 02, 2017
Their slogan should be
Before we kill corruption hungwr will finish us
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by chiraqDemon(m): 1:11am On Feb 02, 2017
braine:

What do you know about running a government? You think its child's play?
The adults that have been doing it since have not produced any result so it would be nice to leave it for the children to play with
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by iukpe: 2:38am On Feb 02, 2017
If the protest can be an appraisal to government for their performance so far, then its a good idea because things have gone crazy everywhere. we no longer need an "English speaking", no action, bureaucratic government system that does not yield results. The results we have today from government effort is badddd.
However the organizers should ensure as much as possible that the protest is not hijacked by hoodlums who will most likely troop out in their numbers at the sight of Tuface.
People don't need to die for this. I think that the organizers should ensure that this is about Nigerians like stated in Tuface's statement, but I cannot imagine how this can go smoothly with the current hardship and misinformation Nigerians are seeing now.
This government simply needs to change their methods. I think people will be satisfied if politicians including Mr president can stand drastically, sincerely and radically for the ideals that the present government talked about during the campaigns than expect Nigerians to wait much longer for things to get back to normal.
The government needs to step up on development projects, Electricity for one, why cant Nigeria give herself 1 year to achieve this after we have spent several years waiting.
The government needs to put a sincere police force on the streets and protect the common man.
Why cant we have petrol diesel or kerosene at affordable prices, recently the N145 for PMS is being argued for an upward review
Please Nigerian politicians should stop fighting each other and use their positions to improve on lives of Nigerians.
These missing realities and more in our efforts and governance are the problems of Nigerians.
This appraisal of our politicians, should not be a Lagos thing on the 6th.
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by isnovic(m): 2:59am On Feb 02, 2017
Shame on Buhari and his media handlers.
Wrong timing.

It shows they are scared already.

The guiltless have nothing to hide.

If Buhari has been a good win, he needs no advertisement.

Shame!!!!!!

#therealFeb5rally

Lets trend the
#therealFeb5rally
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by Odelhorno1990: 5:47am On Feb 02, 2017
Nigeria and some Nigerians need Psychiatric Dr urgently as the political madness has gone beyond 'Panadol'! Wetin, everything is 'propagandised'; budget, project, security, jobs, health, food, IDP and common protest all attest to this claim. Government built on lies, live on lies and sorry fully will die by lie!
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by Solange06: 6:08am On Feb 02, 2017
You must be crazy to say we stand with Buhari and God will forever punish u for that. We want him to resign. U r standing with the useless man when people r dying of hunger. I Hv been without a job since last year because my company can't pay salary and hv I children to pay school fees for and u are here saying you stand with Buhari. May God punish if generation.
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 02, 2017
Damilare5882:
Youths ..let's form a poilitcal party as against 2019 and take this country back from all these hungry fools and make it better #enoughisenough
form a political party with millions of youth that could not think of anything else but MMM
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by cameroncucumber(m): 7:50am On Feb 02, 2017
Damilare5882:

great idea, but i believe alot of nigerian youths are on fb compared to nl, why note create a fb page and let's make it more serious our voice must be heard
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by IMASTEX: 8:08am On Feb 02, 2017
0b10010011:

Nobody is selling his/her destiny! There re a large majority of intellectuals who still believe in His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari.

People in this category know why we have an economic downturn, the cause and the solutions which the president is frantically working on. It's not apportioning blame but knowing the root cause of predicaments and proffering measures to turn around.

I salut your confidence in this government still. Unfortunately, it was the last hope I had in Nigeria, but it is gone now. I have given up on Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by obamabinladen(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2017
qleap2all:

The question should be, should he have withdrawn those children after becoming President or How's their Education being funded. Definitely, not Nigerias money in present day, had it ever crossed your mind other sources of Education funding apart from ones parents,?

Tell me something I don't know.

Has Buhari or anybody told you that those children are in scholarship?. Are so brainwashed that you can't reason well?.
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by ayobamiakinrind(m): 9:29am On Feb 02, 2017
0b10010011:

We just failed to plan

It's your likes that offer Buhari his undeserving breathing room for his anti-masses actions. If I undertake an 'indebt' study, what will Buhari and those he's heavily paying do? What has he done with the series of advises that came from Sanusi, Soludo?
Is it a crime to protest the worse state of things? When 2012 protest was held, what solution did Tinubu and co. offer? What exactly is your problem? Buhari promised me #1=$1, and you're condemning my decision to protest his failed promise? Oga, no lemme curse you o.
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by vatiqan(m): 9:36am On Feb 02, 2017
0b10010011:
Good one!

I must be there at all cost!

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari

God bless The Vice-President, Prof Yemi Osinbanjo!

God bless the good people of Nigeria

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

#IStandWithBuhari

You are sending this post from a psychiatric hospital, I believe?
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by Damilare5882(m): 9:40am On Feb 02, 2017
cameroncucumber:

great idea, but i believe alot of nigerian youths are on fb compared to nl, why note create a fb page and let's make it more serious our voice must be heard
great idea ..we will do it together ..you are not left out
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by FILEBE(m): 10:14am On Feb 02, 2017
qleap2all:

Check your response, none didn't stop you from making it in Nigeria. Do you know the Nigerian Army is being kit with Aba boots,? Please share the contract documents for the grass, what do you expect Buhari to do with SFG, sack him without finding if those allegations are true? Politics is at play and don't rely much on SMedia for facts by the way people make more money in recession than any period in addition to my normal job other streams of income are in my kit. Recession : people are building new houses, cars, relocating to urban centers and abroad. Nigerians must leave the comfort Zone and face reality

You didn't talk about the issue of herdsmen. His body language is that of someone who doesn't care.
why has he not made Innoson our official Vehicle?

it is true that we like to complain. Yes, wise people will make more money than ever in this recession. Rather than whine and complain we should make good use of the recession but that still doesn't and shouldn't stop us from not criticizing the government constructively.
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by pcei: 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
0b10010011:

Little can u give-up when u have nothing upstairs. You can't just give what you don't have.

Critically and cogently come against my point which am sure you can't cos you don't have.
No need to. Summarily I've qualified u with dat term. Two things are involved, either you are under d influence of witches' manipulations or you need a medical attention
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by allbright(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
Splinz:
It is extremely foolish for these people to think that it is only PDP members or sympathizers that are hit by this tsunami of a government.

Bunch of failures! If you like, stand with Satan himself. We will protest and protest real hard!
smh
Re: Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally by Acetyl(m): 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ooni:
I will neither attend any of the protests. Moreover if buratai use us for target-practise ibos and other nigerians will laugh at us. Without being laughed at we should know that changing from extreme love to extreme hate of buhari within one year does not speak good of sophistication. So lets respect ourselves and suffer in peace.
bro this your comment is somehow...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Pardon Orji Kalu, Dariye, Nyame. Ignores El-Zakzaky - Sahara Reporters / Burial Parade: Nigerian Police Bury Colleague (Video) / IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.