Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags (22069 Views)

Borno IDPs: "Nigerian Soldiers Raped Us In Camps But We Were Forced To Deny It" / Aisha Buhari Reacts To Ban On Production Of Codeine Containing Syrups In Nigeria / Loyalists Of Sen.ali Modu Sheriff Begin Mass Defection To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by metroblogger: 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
Some Intern‎ally Displaced Persons from Gwoza local government area of Borno State have began large scale production and packaging of various household products that include solid and liquid soap, detergents, pomade, hand bags courtesy of loan allocated to them by the Borno Renaissance Micro Finance Bank, set up by Governor Kashim Shettima to promote entrepreneurship in the State.

In 2016, Governor Shettima had after examining their proposal, directed the Micro Finance Bank to release the sum of N5m to a group of Ninety one (91) male and female citizens displaced from Gwoza local government area who were living within some camps in Maiduguri. After preliminary meeting with Governor Shettima, the group had registered with the State as Gwoza Soap Makers Association, a cooperative desired to go into mass production of household items. The Governor had before facilitating the release of the funds, promised to make them grow in capacity if they start on a good footing.

In fulfillment of their pledge, after days of hard work, representatives of the IDP'S led Borno State Commissioner for Higher Education, Usman Jaha, who hails from Gwoza, ‎were at the Government House, Maiduguri today (Wednesday) with samples of household products produced and packaged by the IDP's. They named all their products, 'G.Z. Hijira'. The 'G.Z' represent Gwoza (their town) with Hijira meaning 'temporary relocation' which in their case represent Internal displacement. The IDP'S told Governor Shettima that they want their locally produced products to capture the memory of their displacement and relocation to Maiduguri as a result of attacks on their communities in Gwoza by Boko Haram insurgents in 2014.

"For a start , we have used part of the funds and produced 118 cartons of solid laundry soap; 86 cartons of small size pomades, 96 cartons of large size of pomade; 200 jeriryans of large and small packs of liquid soap; 1,972 kitchen sized packs of liquid soap, disinfectants and 127 numbers of women and unisex hand bags. We will be going into bigger scale production but we came to show you what we have started doing since you created this opportunity for us by encouraging us and getting us the money" Musa Ali Gwoza, leader of the IDP'S told Shettima.

Impressed by what he saw, Governor ‎Shettima immediately said that after their products are certified by control agencies, their products will become major features in public hospitals, schools and other Government establishments so as to increase their capacity and the economy of the State and to encourage other IDP'S and residents to become productive.

"You have just made my day. This is the kind of progress I love to see. You are all internally displaced persons but rather than fold your arms and wait for aide, you chose to be productive using your talents. I encouraged you because you deserved it. I don't know of you have gotten products certificates but I can see you are already packaging. By the grace of God, after agencies like AAFDAC and the Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON), certify your products, we will arrange for a public presentation of your products, I will lead the launching and the Borno State Government will make you primary suppliers of soap, detergents and disinfectants in most of our hospitals, schools and other Government establishment including this Government House so that you create jobs for others that will market and sell your products. I will take some of your products like these detergents and test for sanitation purpose in my office. We will try to get you some machineries that will make you produce faster and in higher numbers. I believe you are using crude methods now. You deserve encouragement. I want to mainly make you serve as role models to other citizens whether displaced or not" Shettima said.

The Governor directed the State Commissioners for Education and Health to commence preliminary discussions with the IDP's for needs assessments of their products taking into cognizance the priority of supporting them to produce more and create jobs for other citizens they will engage in marketing, whole and retail sales as well as accounting.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/02/photos-borno-idps-begin-mass-production.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
What about Vaseline for the Vaseline crew?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
These IDPs have begun business when some non IDPs over 30 still dey wait for dinner for their papa house

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by johnj7818(m): 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
It's ok
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by subtlemee(f): 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
Good of them..this will keep them busy and prevent them from being idle thereby becoming the devil's workshop and a nuisance to the society and also being impregnated by soldiers

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Funjosh(m): 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
Let them send their products down south. God bless their handiwork.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by agboskipool(m): 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
hope boko boys will not take de advantage to smuggle bomb inside,
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by warriorPedigree: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
hope they truly use this to empower them not turn em into cheap labour like slaves.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
Give us light. Light is the engine of industrialization. Fashola give us light. Without light, economic growth and development will continue to be a dream. We need light. Without light, cost of production will be too high. Fashola we need light o o o. Give us light

11 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
ryd3:

1 space booker spotter.

Instead of you to go and borrow sense from these IDPs

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by mizhefeh(f): 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
Issorite
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by dnte(m): 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
Nice one

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
megrimor:
What about Vaseline for the Vaseline crew?

If sense was measured in grains of sand, u don't have one grain of it in your fat head

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Fabulosdave01: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
Very nice. Some people wey no be idp still dey wait
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by michoim(m): 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
This is a good one.
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by herdekunley9ja(m): 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
wehdon to dem....

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Damilare5882(m): 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
Youths ..let's form a poilitcal party as against 2019 and take this country back from all these hungry fools and make it better #enoughisenough

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by felixtare(m): 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2017
9ja is a joke,seriously dis malam's are playing with us
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2017
BlackAfrican:

If sense was measured in grains of sand, u don't have one grain of it in your fat head
I would have called you an illiterate but I just remembered that you are just 12years old
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by DrayZee: 6:31pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lol... Pomade

Been long since I heard that word.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Copretzax: 6:31pm On Feb 01, 2017
Good job.
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by obamabinladen(m): 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by dust144(m): 6:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
Export the items to Chad and Niger
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Krismart(m): 6:34pm On Feb 01, 2017
At least to keep them busy till the next round of "mistake bombing"
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Ab4all(m): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2017
this is a laudable development. kudos. others should find a way into mass agric programs to create self sufficiency

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by seguno2: 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2017
Mass?
For which market?
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by obamabinladen(m): 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ab4all:
this is a laudable development. kudos. others should find a way into mass agric programs to create self sufficiency

Self sufficiency or herdsmen grazing field?.
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
warriorPedigree:
hope they truly use this to empower them not turn em into cheap labour like slaves.
Yes . I'm not sure whether this is good or bad news
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by Exponental(m): 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2017
propaganda... where is the factory

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2017
Okay Nice... brb Tipper Garage loading...........

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Many Are Dead': Soldier Fighting Boko Haram For 3 Years Thanks God / What I Know About Boko Haram – Modu Sheriff / Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.