Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

OKOROBIANO: One Is A Governor, The Other Is A Tout- Imolite - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OKOROBIANO: One Is A Governor, The Other Is A Tout- Imolite (553 Views)

”kaduna State Has A Military Administrator Not A Governor” – Senator Shehu Sani / When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Photo:fayose - They Praise Zuckerberg For Wearing A T-shirt, Call Me A Tout For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OKOROBIANO: One Is A Governor, The Other Is A Tout- Imolite by villagecraft: 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2017
ONE IS A GOVERNOR, THE OTHER IS A TOUT.........PART 1

Chief Willie Obiano (born August 8, 1955) is a Nigerian banker, technocrat, politician and the fourth Democratic Governor of Anambra State.

Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha (born 22 September 1962) is a Nigerian multi billionaire businessman, education philanthropist, politician from Imo State, Nigeria who won the 6 May 2011 gubernatorial election in Imo State and was reelected for his second term on April 11, 2015.

Governor Obiano was born at Aguleri, a town in Anambra State, Eastern Nigeria. He received a bachelor's degree in Accountancy from the University of Lagos in 1979 and a Master of Business Administration from the same university.

Rochas, an Igbo, was born on 22 September 1962 in Ogboko, Ideato South, Imo State. He attended Juladaco High School, Jos (1976-1981). He studied at the University of Jos (1990-1991), obtaining a diploma in Public Administration. He returned to the University of Jos (1993-1994) to obtain an advanced diploma in Public Administration.

Governor Obiano began his banking career in 1981 at the First Bank of Nigeria before he left to join the services of Chevron Oil Nigeria Plc as accountant and rose to the position of Chief Internal Auditor. In 1989, he was one of the auditors that audited Texaco Refinery in Rotterdam, Netherlands.In 1991, he joined the Fidelity Bank as Deputy Manager and head of Audit unit and rose to the position of Executive Director on October 2003.

Governor Okorocha was involved in street trading at one point in time or the other. He said, "Honestly, there has never been a dull moment in my life. In fact, I engaged in too many things just for the sole purpose to survive.

Okorocha, who acknowledged that he broke even early in life, said “The first one was at a very tender age of my life when I was selling used clothes. I broke even because I was able to buy a bus. I was able to buy a bus in secondary school and I bought television set in primary school as small as I was from the sale of oranges, coconuts and used clothes. What I do is that if I sell, I post some of the profits and at the end of the year I buy something with it. So, it has been a worthwhile experience but where I would say I made the first one million dollars, was as a commission agent from the sale of used equipment in Bauchi State where Balfour Beatty was constructing the Balanga Dam. When the company was winding up I was one of the agents that sold used equipment and I made N1.1 million when it was equivalent to $1 million dollars.

............to be continued by Chimazuru Oblong Nnadi

Re: OKOROBIANO: One Is A Governor, The Other Is A Tout- Imolite by vatiqan(m): 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
And one decided to punish the electorates who voted him by leaving a heap of garbage on a major road for them to inhale. And aubsequently, got slapped by a ghost.

1 Like

Re: OKOROBIANO: One Is A Governor, The Other Is A Tout- Imolite by Acetyl(m): 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2017
what is the essence of this write up?Lets stop ridiculing ourselves in the public

(1) (Reply)

This Is How Save Nigeria Group Demanded For The Health Status Of Yaradua- Photo / Nigeria Is A Crime Scene ; Pius Adesanmi (sahara reporters) / At NEC, Governors Stop Short Of Calling For Devaluation - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.