Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? (2374 Views)

Kerosene Lantern Explodes In Nkporo, Abia, Kills 1, Injures 3 (Graphic Photos) / Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water / Kerosene Explosion Kills Two In Akwa Ibom, Injures Three (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? by Kingxway: 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
The new trend in my neighborhood now is to use diesel in place of kerosene on stove due to high cost of kerosene presently. Majority of my neighbors are single youths and young adults. Few of them are drivers and mechanics, so they have easy access to diesel, which they usually bring home to use as kerosene to cook on their stoves. Many of my neighbors have adopted this method already. You just give those drivers some money and they bring enough diesel for you when returning from work.

I want to join this trend, but I don't know how safe it is.

I need enough reasons to continue or not
Re: Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? by kllinxman(m): 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2017
Keep off... dont try this at home..

1 Like

Re: Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? by prestige2013: 9:03pm On Feb 02, 2017
Yes....... I will be back, let me go m thanks the moderator that unbanned me.
Re: Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? by Nancy2016: 9:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
Kingxway:
The new trend in my neighborhood now is to use diesel in place of kerosene on stove due to high cost of kerosene presently. Majority of my neighbors are single youths and young adults. Few of them are drivers and mechanics, so they have easy access to diesel, which they usually bring home to use as kerosene to cook on their stoves. Many of my neighbors have adopted this method already. You just give those drivers some money and they bring enough diesel for you when returning from work.

I want to join this trend, but I don't know how safe it is.

Lalasticlala help me push this post to the right section where I can get enough reasons to continue or not

If I were in your position I would be looking for a new place asap. Diesel is combustible (able to catch fire and burn easily), therefore it is not safe to use in a domestic environment. Why do you think people are not allowed to smoke at petrol stations? Please inform your neighbours or better still move out of the area. Also this is promoting stealing. They are most likely siphoning diesel from the trucks they drive.

1 Like

Re: Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? by Kingxway: 1:10am On Feb 03, 2017
Nancy2016:

If I were in your position I would be looking for a new place asap. Diesel is combustible (able to catch fire and burn easily), therefore it is not safe to use in a domestic environment. Why do you think people are not allowed to smoke at petrol stations? Please inform your neighbours or better still move out of the area. Also this is promoting stealing. They are most likely siphoning diesel from the trucks they drive.
My thought exactly. I will try my best to dissuade them from this dangerous decision way. If they remain adamant, I will just relocate.

Thanks a lot Nancy. I'm grateful
Re: Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? by kelechiodo(m): 7:11am On Feb 03, 2017
As a corper, I used diesal then. It burns slowly and not that combustible. But it spoil stove and pot as it leaves some residues. Sometimes we mix it with kerosene. Corper's life then. So funny
Re: Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? by Kingxway: 10:09am On Feb 03, 2017
kelechiodo:
As a corper, I used diesal then. It burns slowly and not that combustible. But it spoil stove and pot as it leaves some residues. Sometimes we mix it with kerosene. Corper's life then. So funny
thanks bro. But do you think this could be harmful
Re: Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? by Kingxway: 10:11am On Feb 03, 2017
kllinxman:
Keep off... dont try this at home..
thanks bro. Please can you state your reason(s) for this
Re: Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? by kelechiodo(m): 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
Kingxway:
thanks bro. But do you think this could be harmful

The only side effects are; slow burning, residue in stove intact damage to overall life span of your stove. Its combustibility is lower than that of kerosene and therefore far lower than petrol (pms). It wont burn down your house. It has funny smell and exhibit thicker smoke than kerosene. But I advise that you buy from filling station to avoid promoting stealing by the mechanics and drivers as someone early pointed out.
Re: Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? by Kingxway: 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
kelechiodo:

The only side effects are; slow burning, residue in stove intact damage to overall life span of your stove. Its combustibility is lower than that of kerosene and therefore far lower than petrol (pms). It wont burn down your house. It has funny smell and exhibit thicker smoke than kerosene. But I advise that you buy from filling station to avoid promoting stealing by the mechanics and drivers as someone early pointed out.
Ok brother thank you so much

(1) (Reply)

Man Buries Father With A 32 Million BMW In Anambra State (photo) / My Husband Is Driving Me Crazy, I’m Afraid I Will Not Die Before My Time / Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.