Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job (3889 Views)

I Am Tired Of Her Coming To My House To Eat Food, How Do I Tell Her? / How Do I Tell Her To Go? The Lockdown Is Tiring Already / She Is Going To Stay At A Young Male Friends Place For Her I.T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Joe171(m): 10:47am On Feb 03, 2017
You can't take care of her if you don't have a job and she does not want to leave you because you're broke now so she doesn't seem heartless and materialistic. well, I'd advise you keep to your pretentious lifestyle, as soon as she knows your new status, I trust ladies, that's when you'll start building your mansion in pizza format.
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 03, 2017
Martinez19:
Humans and selfishness. Guys will always what a lady that can love them when things are hard and they have no money but the same guys won't marry a lady because of a condition she found herself in. Condition like being unable to produce a child, a disability e.t.c. I am sure the op and most guys can't marry a lady facing one of these(it takes love).

Guys that can't marry a lady because of any of these conditions and ladies that dump guys because they don't have money are the same. Thunder will fire any guy that is like this and still complains of being dumped because of his financial lack. People are different are there are many reasons why girls won't marry a guy that is not financially stable. The reasons are:
1) insecurity (what if you never make it out of your struggle).
2) inability to cope in suffering( many girls can't withstand the stress and hardship of suffering).
3) most girls have seen what others(maybe friends, relatives) who are married go through due suffering induced by financial lack. They have made up their minds never to suffer like that as they can't take it.
4) some girls came from poor families and have suffered so they vowed nothing will make them suffer again. Some desperately want to get out of poverty as the suffering is unbearable.
5) some are just greedy. They want to afford vanities.
6) the reputation in society, among friends, families e.t.c. of marrying a poor husband is stigmatizing(girls will understand)

Guys should cut girls some slack. It is not a bad thing to want a rich husband. If you are a father, will you want your daughter to marry a poor man? Men should learn to work hard so that they can provide for their women. Stop being selfish looking for who can suffer with you. Most guys can't suffer with a barren or disabled woman but yet want a woman that can suffer with you. It is thunder that fire guys like that.

Guys go and work.

Lol. Well, all I can say is that the devil that has been with me for years is better than the unknown Angel. For the girl to be trying very hard to get pregnant for the guy means she may truly loves him.
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Martinez19(m): 11:09am On Feb 03, 2017
B2Spirits:

Lol. Well, all I can say is that the devil that has been with me for years is better than the unknown Angel. For the girl to be trying very hard to get pregnant for the guy means she may truly loves him.
Gbam. Whether selfish or not, in a relationship the two parties involved must benefit from each other. Expecting a one sided relationship is selfish. Humans are different.
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 03, 2017
B2Spirits:

My guy is obviously in love, but one thing else bothers him. He was the one that deflowered the young girl. Never used condom, and gal never used contraceptives because she want to be pregnant so that guy won't mistakenly marry someone else, and she is yet to get pregnant.

Hmmmmm
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 03, 2017
luminouz:

Y won't I welcome him? Is he a crocodile? If he sounds serious....he could marry n I will pay for a year rent! Joblessness is a thing of d mind...u can always find something to keep busy abeg!
Ohoh!!!!! When he single handedly took care of her education for 3yrs....u no see any fault oooo......
Now he was broke n d girl dey act up? Just after 3 months? Wtf?
D guy tried abeg! Y in d world would I send a girl to SKUL when she has family......n now d girl is disrespectful n hints act quitting! I support d OP not telling her shiiiit! Till she proves she can endure..coz DAT is d whole essence of a committed woman...

Ok o
It's well
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
Chuknovski:

well Mr know it all,the floor is yours,Enjoy
Yeah tanx, but it's people like u with ur way of reasoning dat make me I think I knw it all.
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Chuknovski(m): 1:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
Nesso:

Yeah tanx, but it's people like u with ur way of reasoning dat make me I think I knw it all.
yeah enjoy Mr Ego, PHd know it all
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by sirusX(m): 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
Love is tested through time. From the writeup she was okay when things were good, and changed to the point of cheating when things were tough.

As long as she doesn't strike a low blow by being insultive now that it seems he's jobless...then all is well

But really, some ladies might pretend for a while and then unleash their true nature in severe circumstances

As for the guy...recognise that one would always have admirers (single or married), but don't let that cloud your mind or judgement, as there was once a reason she meant everything to him
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by oluwalewis(m): 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ur girl is warning you that she is about to go for snothr guy if u dont get employed, I am sorry for you cos I see another girl smiling at another guy
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by CuteCp(m): 4:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
B2Spirits:

The guy was the major financier of the girl's education until 3 months ago. She has run to her relatives to ensure the financing for the remaining final year. But she's behaving like someone in position to advice my friend on how to hustle hard.

How can one tell that her advice and biting sermons are not geared towards her own selfish needs?

Note that she has done the worst since the guy lost his job, but the love he has for her made him unable to send her packing. The gal cheated on him, she became restless until she told him and begged for forgiveness, saying she doesn't want him to find out first.

WTF....he's d one financing her education n she had d guts 2 still cheat on him because he lost his job...i think this ur guy has a very low self esteem...this gurl will continue 2 cheat on him...mk he de dia de sleep....its obvious she's just in for d money...what has she done 4 him....other than tryin very hard 2 get preggy....what is he doing with such girl wen dia are thousands of good girls that will luv/appreciate n cherish him 4 everything he has done....she doesn't even deserve a 2nd chance...pls ask ur frnd 2 grow up...he's 2 jew 4my liking...HUH....na pure MAGA ur guy be...monkey de work sharp man de chop...i can bet my asss she's still cheating...
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by CuteCp(m): 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
alexialin:
Tell her the truth about your new job.. Or are u praying she will fucvk up so u can date one of those giving u green light at work?
But if it's the other way round she will quickly rush and tell u the good news that same day..
Why are men so secretive? sad

No matter how many times u play detective u can never know a woman till the end.
Those ones giving u green light, do u think they are better?

Well it's your choice to make.. After some years down the drain, and sleeping different ladies who will mess up even with your new status.. U will later starts regretting and remembering this your gf. We've seen it happen before. This not the first.

She'll only tell u because she's not taking care of u with her hard earn money...in this case d guy is d one financing this girl's education...which is number 1 4kup frm d guy's side. ...most guys that did that 4 dia gf ended up gettin dumped by d so called gf...I've seen n hrd of it so many times....so guys b wise...be 100% sure she's worth it b4 taking dat step...
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by CuteCp(m): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
B2Spirits:

My guy is obviously in love, but one thing else bothers him. He was the one that deflowered the young girl. Never used condom, and gal never used contraceptives because she want to be pregnant so that guy won't mistakenly marry someone else, and she is yet to get pregnant.

U sef u no de try at all...u left all this important info b4...na now u de drop am small small...n u expect to get d best advice frm nairalanders...nawa 4 u...edit ur post
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Sirhethat12(f): 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
Bluezy13:

Now this is the missing part of the story...

So, what happens if she eventually finds out
That's like postponing doom's day.
He is a man, he should do what he has to do.

Is he pained because she preaches for him or because she cheated on him? So it's a bad thing to advice your boyfriend, just because he sponsored her to school that means she can't advice him? and please did the cheating occur before or after he lost his job? I feel the guy is just looking for a way out now that he is seeing 'green light' from ladies in his office, I mean why didn't he break up with her while he was broke? na wa
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Phonefanatic: 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
Tell her you want to use the little you have now to get married to her hoping you will find a job as time goes on. Hear her opinion.
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by BrandR(f): 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
B2Spirits:
I have been out of my highly paying job for a while now. This caused the most intense tension ever between me and my girlfriend. Till today, she keeps preaching to me how to behave in job places, and disregarding my instructions.

Unknown to her that I have found a new job with better pay and esteem, she doesn't relent in her sermonizing and abstract preachment. The cardinal point of her sermon is that if I'm not employed, I won't be able to take care of her, and that she doesn't want to leave me.

I want to know if she actually doesn't want to leave me before I would flaunt my new status. Note that I have kept my new status a secret from family and friends. I now have two apartments--my old apartment and the official quarters in new work place. Green lights from different directions now bombard me daily at work because they haven't seen anyone with me. I told family members that I hustle around; that's why I sleep at home once in a while.

Should I continue keeping my new status a secret to see if my girlfriend will fumble at last?

Copied: A friend needs this advice.

Don't leave her for your own good.
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Sirhethat12(f): 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
Phonefanatic:
Tell her you want to use the little you have now to get married to her hoping you will find a job as time goes on. Hear her opinion.

So you expect her to 'happily' agree to marry a jobless man? common na
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Phonefanatic: 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
Sirhethat12:

So you expect her to 'happily' agree to marry a jobless man? common na

So many men marry jobless women it's all about loyalty. What happens if he losses his job when married?
Re: My Girlfriend Pities Me For Being Jobless; I Didn't Tell Her I Found New Job by Sirhethat12(f): 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2017
Phonefanatic:

So many men marry jobless women it's all about loyalty. What happens if he losses his job when married?

yes I know, but it's easier to marry a jobless woman than man, of course her reaction might be that they wait a lil longer but that doesn't mean she doesn't love him

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Don't Love Her If.......... / Romantic Places You Can Take Your Date To, In Lagos / Is This The New Dress Code For Gay Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.