Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,858 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience (34311 Views)

An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra / We Thought You Should Know! / My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:

I have visited all part of the country and I ve been on social media since 2008.

I have barely heard this sought of news and ve never heard of another tribe bin killed in Igbo land or bin disturbed for nothing or what have u not.

All we see around Nigeria daily is how Igbos re bin murdered daily in bayelsea, disgraced in akure and I dnt wanna call Lagos.

Igbos re bing told to go back home in calabar, warri and even in Benin.
Do u think we enjoy it wen we read those news? Or do u think people down east dnt hear or read about them too?

U expect after all dis treatment we see Dia people and peck dem?

We can not be violent towards dem but we will share our aggression and pls dnt quote me again.

Since when has two wrongs ever made a right before?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by itsmeurLady(f): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mtchewwwwwww, next post pls

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Zane2point4(m): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
misterh:
Oh really?! Where did she claim to wear a veil please? Or you think all Muslim women wear veils?

What she claimed to wear is hijab, which covered her head.

She wont tell you what she wore naa, she scared the public, and you cant blame them, afterall guns scare people whether loaded or not.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by freeborn76(m): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ruggedpen:

Oga most times i see igbos as the most hatred tribe in Nigeria, how many times have they kill igbo corpers in North, when u are in igbo land as u claimed did anybody injured u for been another tribe, have u seen igbos kill another tribe on any slightest incitement, infact hausa fight for their gods, they loose election they kill, u have normal issue with another person they mob u and another person crossing will not ask he will join the killing, the corper making the silly comment should ask all of us to start saying what we pass through in different places of service. they will come in a place of worship and bomb people which is worst crime against humanity. the noise making corper are u not aware that the people bombing Nigeria always use hijab. talk to ur people for them to stop making u people look like terrorist.

Thank you for your advise bigot!
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by nellyelitz(m): 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
no i didn't said so, u need to be mindful of them. safety first...our people say, TO FIND WAY NO BE RUN!
davidif:

So you are in essence saying that people should be held responsible for other peoples actions right? How just is that?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by freeborn76(m): 1:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Hypocrisy..
I hate when people decide to sectionalize the bigotry and tribal occurrence in Nigeria...

I also served, in another part of Nigeria and I have also lived in other parts of the country. I also have my own experiences... No Tribe is innocent of this silly behavior...

I just hate when people decide to be stupid hypocritics.
That silly corper in question, I her region Igbos are killed in thousands, she didn't even experience harm.. Just tribal comments..

She is deluded, useless and silly.. She is not welcomed in the East. She can go Fu*k herself...

Igbos are the worst, other tribes are the Best.... Rubbish grin

You just proved she was telling the truth after all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by FTbomb(m): 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
misterh:
Is that how she really dressed? Care to show me a picture of her? Or you just assumed because she covers her hair, it automatically means she covers her face too?
care to prove the authenticity of her story? anyone out of hate can come online and spew thrash... doesn't mean they're telling the truth..
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by coptic: 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
grin

She never see anything.

Stereotypists abound everywhere.

I think I'd rather a stereotypist than a hater. The Hausas will hate you for not being one of them even if you shared religious beliefs.

I served in Anambra, but used to take such taunts as nothing more than jokes. I'm the kind that don't take things too seriously, no matter what.

Although a lot of Igbos I met thought I was from Edo, I don't know why. But those of them I end up telling I'm from Plateau state would be like, "bia, so you're Buhari's brother!"

We would all laugh and move on to the next one. They were very friendly and made me feel very much at home.

Guess they were because I'm Christian? I doubt so.

A few of them did ask what religion I practice though.

But what I found most funny is, you'd tell an Igbo man that your name is Peter (not real name), and he'd be like, "err Peter, are you a Christian or Muslim?". angry

My body go just weak. grin

4 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Mrbigman1(m): 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
davidif:

Since when has two wrongs ever made a right before?

Nigeria is not ready to make right, lets all drive it too hard wrong till we crash.

Infact, I want biafra as soon as possible so that all dis shit will end.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Nigeria is not ready to make right, lets all drive it too hard wrong till we crash.

Infact, I want biafra as soon as possible so that all dis shit will end.

So we should all die because some people want to throw a tantrum? How is that different from what terrorists do?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Alaminalpha: 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:
Anunty shutup u idiot. Even europian fear ur veil, everyone fears ur covering, so why single out the Igbos?

U act so holy and what have u not, what do u and ur people do to Igbos up north? It's an untold story, no one should talk till they hear the other side.

Your own is just oral harassment and u re crying. We get assault, we re called "iyamiri baban doya uba daya kakan gwoma"

We dnt move freely up north no matter how long it is u ve stayed or how deep ur tongue is to the language. We dnt go to night vigil cos ur chances of returning is slim, u can drink alcohol and be save.

Igbos re just managing to stay up north cos cost of living is very low compared to down south, fixing in will be difficult for a family that's why u see people still pretend to b Dia.

Nonsense girl. Even Lagos is banning veil cover and u re in the East ranting.

As trump ban una, d world no go hear word, but una ban jew from entering una countries with death penalty, why Jews people never full street?
The reverend father is human, I even think say na assault him assault u.

Me too I hate yoruba more than anything, I like Hausa people sef, na dis Dia religious imbalance I no understand. Dey almost killed me back den.

Modified.

Pls stop quoting me and insulting ur father's simply cos I said I hate yorubas.
I see all u people say on NL.
I served in ondo, I have visited Lagos severally and I understand your language even though I have barely bin Dia. Thank God for my abilities in languages u people say very heavy rubbish and very uncensored especially when u think we dnt understand.

Na Igbo lagosian I go blame, most of dem are all sell out.

Ok, since most SE's are criminals why son't we take similar discriminatory steps? Its only logical
As for moving freely in the North, come to any Northern city before spilling your pathetic hate.

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Alaminalpha: 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
carzola:
How many youth corpers have been
Victims of religious violence in the East.
More than I can count
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Alaminalpha: 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
massinola:
Why does these people always like to play the victim when they are the most tribalistic people I have ever seen? I served in ekiti. Go to the banks, you will be amazed how a banker treats you if you can't say ekulere oh, eseooo. It's everywhere. Not to boast, I graduated the best in my department 2014, in a federal university of technology in the north. I was told to my face I can't be retained cos I'm an Igbo. So what's the fuse. The people who go around throwing bombs wear the hijab. Its only logical for people to be hostile towards you putting on the hijab. That has got to change though if Nigeria is to move forward. But ranting about nothing making you ever to go to the east, Igbos feel the same way too. Nigeria has always been divided ethnically, religiously, and otherwise. It didn't start from where you experienced it. Where did omo ibo originate from? Enyamiri nko?
How many Northerners are employed in a private or public institution down there?
Don't talk when we are talking about tribalism, you personify it

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by lifah(m): 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
[. Not to boast, I graduated the best in my department 2014, in a federal university of technology in the north. I was told to my face I can't be retained cos I'm an Igbo. So what's the fuse. The people who goquote]

not to boast too...i had same experience except mine is linda recent....i was supposed t gradutewith a first class...but becos im ibo....a 4.67 gpa....reduced to 4.42....in my finals....becos im not a muslim ....#so pls sis get ur ass up and work for unity....shey u are educated ...u have key role to play#thanks
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by delivryboy: 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
We all had mixed experiences with the NYSC. Prior to my NYSC year, I was really suspicious of the eastern part of Nigeria, cannibalism, robbery, ritual killings and all sorts of horrible stories that came to us in the northern part of Nigeria. Then the "worse" happened, I was posted to Abia state. This is the same place I cried when I was leaving, I couldn't stand leaving my neoghbors and their children, little Amarachi (amaluv) and Chiamaka et al, they were really hospitable, I was proud to show my faith as a muslim and they respected me and my religion, I had several mothers in the village, and they treated me like their son, they gave me food, raw and cooked alike. I could walk into most households and feel at ease. The guys didn't like us much because their girls would do anything to be with guys from the north. You see why I cried when I was leaving? For me NYSC in Abia state was a great experience for me.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
Zane2point4:

She wont tell you what she wore naa, she scared the public, and you cant blame them, afterall guns scare people whether loaded or not.
She won't tell us what she wore yet you claimed in your previous post (reposted below ⬇⬇) that she wore a veil.

Stay one place na.

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Mrbigman1(m): 2:20pm On Feb 03, 2017
Alaminalpha:

Ok, since most SE's are criminals why son't we take similar discriminatory steps? Its only logical
As for moving freely in the North, come to any Northern city before spilling your pathetic hate.

Criminal? In what sense? Who to crime more than the north?

My friend, can't u see d Hausa language I wrote up Dia, can't u use ur brain? Abi dem design am to use manufacture bomb?

Olodo radad rada oshi
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Mrbigman1(m): 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
davidif:

So we should all die because some people want to throw a tantrum? How is that different from what terrorists do?

Oga davidi! If Nija never tire u, e don tire me.

I have toyed a very long road of writing to encourage change but it's so irritating how people enjoy the other side.

Oga, join with before u get disappointed at old age. Forget all the preachers of peace, wen e happen, all man go answer him papa name.

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Paschal55(m): 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
Sister u insane like that, I live in the north till date and I wouldn't want to reminisce the mayhem your people are mating out on us the Igbos, I still remember a brother who's shop was razed down to dust during one of your norm(Violence) on innocent well doing Igbos, he's currently in the village, so why was mere oral harassment to u so unique, Ewu dika gi!

3 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by delishpot: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
When would they speak out like this against Boko Haram? Like go on tweeter to rant about how BH is not islamic, how they are dissgusted at what they do to people, how moslem should love all and not do violent jihad. Mbanu, a million christians could be killed and these women would fall silent till they enter their graves.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by folahann(m): 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
EHI9ICE:

Carzola when you go return back from Injury Our midfield dey miss you spectacular awesomeness sad

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by folahann(m): 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
EHI9ICE:

Carzola when you go return back from Injury Our midfield dey miss you spectacular awesomeness sad
Seriously speaking, we need him to be back on time.
Oga Carzola stop commenting on Nairaland and come back on time

2 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by chynie: 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
davidif:

Since when did two wrongs make a right? Wrong is wrong no matter who started it first.

Since 1 right cant correct a previous wrong
a dead man remain dead even if the murderer repents
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by uyiekpenm(f): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
wellmax:
I love NYSC but I regret serving in Abia state. Such unpleasant an unaccommodating peeps.

different strokes for different folks.

served in Abia state, awesome experience plus wonderful people. Igbo's are nice and accommodating. married to an Igbo now and I am glad I did.

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by uyiekpenm(f): 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
delivryboy:
We all had mixed experiences with the NYSC. Prior to my NYSC year, I was really suspicious of the eastern part of Nigeria, cannibalism, robbery, ritual killings and all sorts of horrible stories that came to us in the northern part of Nigeria. Then the "worse" happened, I was posted to Abia state. This is the same place I cried when I was leaving, I couldn't stand leaving my neoghbors and their children, little Amarachi (amaluv) and Chiamaka et al, they were really hospitable, I was proud to show my faith as a muslim and they respected me and my religion, I had several mothers in the village, and they treated me like their son, they gave me food, raw and cooked alike. I could walk into most households and feel at ease. The guys didn't like us much because their girls would do anything to be with guys from the north. You see why I cried when I was leaving? For me NYSC in Abia state was a great experience for me.

me too, wonderful experience at Umuahia.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by MarieSucre(f): 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
oshe11:
If dats d onli problem U r facing den u shud b hapi......If I had my way I'd b in my state if nt 4 d nysc cert. Im neida an Igbo guy nor hausa bt wat Im facin up North is.........

Imagine pricng okada for 150 n den u r carried halfway n ask to add anoda 150 or trek......

Imaging nt being able to wear anytin dat identifies u as a corp member...

Imagine nt being able to look talkless of smile at any gal....

Imagine being looked at by male folks as tho dey wana/wish to kill u

Imagine nt bein able to slip cos almajiris r banging ur gate for hours begging

Imagine nt being able to worship God aloud kos it was a condition given to u by landlords

Imagine buying meat for 1k wen sum1 jst bought sumtin more for 5h

Imagine doing tinx or comin out daily wit fears of nt returnin

Imagine u r in d north at d moment wen Nigeria is boiling

Imagine being told blatantli dat whr u r is dominated by hausas n if u dnt adhere to dem ur life is at risk by a corp member...

Imagine.........

I once tot Hausas r peace loving pipo bt NYSC has changed my VIEWS

I PRAY NOTHING BRINGS ME HERE COS MY LIFE AT THE MOMENT IS FULL OF INDOORS.......

Which state is this?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Vikky014(f): 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
HungerBAD:
If indeed this happened then it is bad.

But again i am not a Northerner, but my Service in the East was really enjoyable,even if i had to be battling with Scorpions that crawled into my room in the village i served nearly everyday.

I was treated real nice in the East.

Funny Story: So the first day we Corps Members reported to the school we were to teach, at the assembly line that morning, all we kept hearing was HOLY GHOST FIRE, HOLY GHOST FIRE in the morning devotion at the School, as the prayers was conducted in the Ibo Dialect.

Later one of the female Corper who was an Easterner now informed us that the prayers was for us the male corpers.

And that if we had plans on getting any student pregnant then HOLY GHOST FIRE.
LMAO@ THE PRAYER

2 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Vikky014(f): 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
massinola:
Why does these people always like to play the victim when they are the most tribalistic people I have ever seen? I served in ekiti. Go to the banks, you will be amazed how a banker treats you if you can't say ekulere oh, eseooo. It's everywhere. Not to boast, I graduated the best in my department 2014, in a federal university of technology in the north. I was told to my face I can't be retained cos I'm an Igbo. So what's the fuse. The people who go around throwing bombs wear the hijab. Its only logical for people to be hostile towards you putting on the hijab. That has got to change though if Nigeria is to move forward. But ranting about nothing making you ever to go to the east, Igbos feel the same way too. Nigeria has always been divided ethnically, religiously, and otherwise. It didn't start from where you experienced it. Where did omo ibo originate from? Enyamiri nko?
DNT MIND THEM

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Tijay90(m): 6:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
Fellow Nigerians, you all are tribalist & religious bigots...online,offline...shows this NYSC thing serves one purpose efficiently: to expose your bigotry.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Customer80: 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
Igbo people are not accommodating but the yoruba keep rushing to Igbo land to marry our daughters, may i know the reason why ?

I served at rivers state opobo nkoro lga in 2007, the principal of comprehensive secondary school nkoro mr namesimagha hated me n my bro just to the extent of not giving us passing out clearance for no just cause. We had to get the letter headed paper through the help of one teacher and forged his signature, that was how we got our nysc discharge certificate.
My joy is that each time i feel bored i go to Opobo town to. meet with people n chat with the indigenes who speak the same language with me which is Igbo.

To the lady ranting , when u go to rome you behave like Romans, we are not Muslims, you putting your boko hijab in Igbo community will get people agitated.

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
chynie:

Since 1 right cant correct a previous wrong
a dead man remain dead even if the murderer repents

So you are saying we should go round exacting retribution? Isn't that what terrorism is about?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Customer80: 7:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
Igbo are not hospitable but they keep rushing to Igbo land to marry, is that not hypocrisy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NYSC Mourns Owolabi Precious Ayo On Facebook / This Is What Really Happened To The Corper Who Died In Zamfara State / 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.