Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience (34731 Views)

An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra / We Thought You Should Know! / My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Youngmolis: 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
grin angry
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by wellmax(m): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
hakimi1974:
not all abians, if it is aba i will agree with you, they are so uncouth and unaccommating.
Yes ABA. I lived on Faulks road. Immediately after service I ran outta da place
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by chynie: 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
davidif:

So you are saying we should go round exacting retribution? Isn't that what terrorism is about?
Yes especially when it is about life
So that ppl will be scared of taking other people's life
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by oshe11: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
MarieSucre:

Which state is this?
Its Kaduna Dear! U cnt even argue wen U r right......

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Sleekshady(f): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
She lied big time, I'm yoruba and serving in Awka South LG , Anambra State. The people here are very friendly to us and there are so many yoruba Muslims here living their life and never being harassed by anybody. A Muslim corper served at my PPA last year a Missionary boarding school, and she was given an accommodation to live with the students in the school. She had a wonderful service year in the state. Even in camp they gave hijabi sisters and Malo girls special treatment
Ooni:
I am a yoruba but she lied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
chynie:

Yes especially when it is about life
So that ppl will be scared of taking other people's life

Dude, violence begats more violence.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind” - Mahatma Ghandhi
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Oga davidi! If Nija never tire u, e don tire me.

I have toyed a very long road of writing to encourage change but it's so irritating how people enjoy the other side.

Oga, join with before u get disappointed at old age. Forget all the preachers of peace, wen e happen, all man go answer him papa name.

Let me tell you the story about an African nation named Sudan. You see, those in the Southern part of the country had been clamoring for separation for years because of the injustices against them and the domination from the North.

The thinking was that the solution to what was going on in Sudan was for the Southerners to be allowed to leave and form there own new country which they did. It was called South Sudan.

Now fast forward to present day and the newly formed country is in the midst of a brutal civil war. It turns out that they turned on each other along tribal lines and just like when they were still in Sudan they have turned to genocide.

This begs the question, why is it that Africans can't solve there problems amicably without resorting to violence? Why do they let their leaders divide them along ethnic lines? Why are a lot of Africans so ruled by their emotions (especially anger) and are so quick to turn on each other over every single slight? Why do the people easily turn to outbursts of anger and violence when things don't go there way? Why can't they put the past behind them instead of always bringing it up and using it to fuel more conflict? why do they like making decisions based on emotions instead of logic or reason?

And most importantly, why can't they learn to accept there differences and learn to live side by side with each other? We are in the 21st century for goodness sakes and we are still fighting each other? Are the racists right that the only thing we are good at his violence and disease after all that's what they see when they watch stuff about Africa. It seems that everyone is going forward except for us?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Mrbigman1(m): 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
davidif:

Let me tell you the story about an African nation named Sudan. You see, those in the Southern part of the country had been clamoring for separation for years because of the injustices against them and the domination from the North.

The thinking was that the solution to what was going on in Sudan was for the Southerners to be allowed to leave and form there own new country which they did. It was called South Sudan.

Now fast forward to present day and the newly formed country is in the midst of a brutal civil war. It turns out that they turned on each other along tribal lines and just like when they were still in Sudan they have turned to genocide.

This begs the question, why is it that Africans can't solve there problems amicably without resorting to violence? Why do they let their leaders divide them along ethnic lines? Why are a lot of Africans so ruled by their emotions (especially anger) and are so quick to turn on each other over every single slight? Why do the people easily turn to outbursts of anger and violence when things don't go there way? Why can't they put the past behind them instead of always bringing it up and using it to fuel more conflict? why do they like making decisions based on emotions instead of logic or reason?

And most importantly, why can't they learn to accept there differences and learn to live side by side with each other? We are in the 21st century for goodness sakes and we are still fighting each other? Are the racists right that the only thing we are good at his violence and disease after all that's what they see when they watch stuff about Africa. It seems that everyone is going forward except for us?

Bostwana broke off from SA and became the best economy in Africa, India broke off from Pakistan and wia re dey now.

Most times its good to look ahead.
As for bin with Nija, Dia is no benefit. We re monoculture and non violent, we'd make it

2 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 9:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Bostwana broke off from SA and became the best economy in Africa, India broke off from Pakistan and wia re dey now.

Most times its good to look ahead.
As for bin with Nija, Dia is no benefit. We re monoculture and non violent, we'd make it

Well first of all, Pakistan was partitioned from India by the British upon independence, it did not break off from India.

Secondly, Pakistan is still a very poor country facing significant challenges in illiteracy, healthcare, corruption, terrorism and incredible levels of poverty and inequality while India is one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

Thirdly, Botswana was a colony of Great Britain and won its independence from them in 1966. It did not "break off" from South Africa.

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:59am On Feb 04, 2017
Sleekshady:
She lied big time, I'm yoruba and serving in Awka South LG , Anambra State. The people here are very friendly to us and there are so many yoruba Muslims here living their life and never being harassed by anybody. A Muslim corper served at my PPA last year a Missionary boarding school, and she was given an accommodation to live with the students in the school. She had a wonderful service year in the state. Even in camp they gave hijabi sisters and Malo girls special treatment

The fact that you didn't witness or experience the same thing does not mean that it didn't happen to someone else. We don't all have the same experiences.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by elmahmoud: 7:16am On Feb 04, 2017
adonbilivit:
those people weren't nice to u at all and that's bad. But this shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. Igbos are tagged drug peddlers, yorubas ritualists(fetish) and hausas terrorists. let's always caution our brothers back home coz what ever they do affects and follows us everywhere we go. it affects how people see us.
what is this one saying? you are part of the problem
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by adonbilivit: 7:19am On Feb 04, 2017
elmahmoud:
what is this one saying? you are part of the problem
I stated facts

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by BlackSeptember: 7:32am On Feb 04, 2017
coptic:
grin

She never see anything.

Stereotypists abound everywhere.

I think I'd rather a stereotypist than a hater. The Hausas will hate you for not being one of them even if you shared religious beliefs.

I served in Anambra, but used to take such taunts as nothing more than jokes. I'm the kind that don't take things too seriously, no matter what.

Although a lot of Igbos I met thought I was from Edo, I don't know why. But those of them I end up telling I'm from Plateau state would be like, "bia, so you're Buhari's brother!"

We would all laugh and move on to the next one. They were very friendly and made me feel very much at home.

Guess they were because I'm Christian? I doubt so.

A few of them did ask what religion I practice though.

But what I found most funny is, you'd tell an Igbo man that your name is Peter (not real name), and he'd be like, "err Peter, are you a Christian or Muslim?". angry

My body go just weak. grin
Igbos down east are not comfortable with Islam. They ll like you more if they find out ypu are not muslim.

They are acting all this because of the killings of their kiths and kin by Muslim fanatics
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by BlackSeptember: 7:52am On Feb 04, 2017
davidif:

The fact that you didn't witness or experience the same thing does not mean that it didn't happen to someone else. We don't all have the same experiences.
if i share my experience in kwara to you, you ll pity me. Stop all these igbo bashing because Igbos love strangers and welcome them very well
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 8:57am On Feb 04, 2017
BlackSeptember:
if i share my experience in kwara to you, you ll pity me. Stop all these igbo bashing because Igbos love strangers and welcome them very well

Stop making sweeping generalizations about an entire group of people that number in the millions. Its too simplistic and frankly intellectual laziness. Each individual is different and should be treated as such.

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by BlackSeptember: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2017
davidif:

Stop making sweeping generalizations about an entire group of people that number in the millions. Its too simplistic and frankly intellectual laziness. Each individual is different and should be treated as such.
Take a gun and do the needful plz.

Thanks
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 10:04am On Feb 04, 2017
BlackSeptember:
Take a gun and do the needful plz.

Thanks

hahahahaha, this is what happens when someone has no more rebuttals to your arguements anymore. There feelings get hurt hahahahhaaha
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by snowblaq(f): 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
massinola:
Why does these people always like to play the victim when they are the most tribalistic people I have ever seen? I served in ekiti. Go to the banks, you will be amazed how a banker treats you if you can't say ekulere oh, eseooo. It's everywhere. Not to boast, I graduated the best in my department 2014, in a federal university of technology in the north. I was told to my face I can't be retained cos I'm an Igbo. So what's the fuse. The people who go around throwing bombs wear the hijab. Its only logical for people to be hostile towards you putting on the hijab. That has got to change though if Nigeria is to move forward. But ranting about nothing making you ever to go to the east, Igbos feel the same way too. Nigeria has always been divided ethnically, religiously, and otherwise. It didn't start from where you experienced it. Where did omo ibo originate from? Enyamiri nko?
....dont mind her....like her people do not discriminate too.....its unfortunate abt the hijab part...but what do u expect people..esp children in the east to think when the people they see in the news throwing bombs wear hijabs too...its only logical to assume all people wearing hijabs have a bomb in there somewhere.....let her stop making noise...shey the igbo people said they want to go.. Tell ur president to peacefully allow them go...abi is he pharoah
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
FTbomb:
care to prove the authenticity of her story? anyone out of hate can come online and spew thrash... doesn't mean they're telling the truth..
The issue at hand isn't about whether the story is correct or not. My own grouse is with how people naturally assume that she's from North just because she's a Muslim.
People also assumed that she uses veil when they haven't even seen a picture of her.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by ireneidiva(f): 5:57am On Feb 05, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
You have to be 'emotionally brave' to serve in the east. They're too shallow for them to measure up to other parts of Nigeria. They're peaceful, but are not hospitable at all. They don't treat visitors right and do not have respect for their elders.
this last rubbish you just wrote. you want them to lie down and greet elders like the other tribe abi? mtchew. dont be silly.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Chamber10(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2017
davidif:

Since when has two wrongs ever made a right? Tell me, where has an eye for an eye worked before?

First, who verified that her story is true? He should have name the place (the school and the clergyman) so that we can verify. Anybody can come online and frame up stories just to ignite hate for a tribe.

Secondly, even if it is true that she was insulted, was she maimed or lost her life as it is obtainable in the North? (not trying to justify her being insulted). The worst has happened to Corp members posted to the North and nobody is protesting. So don't come her to tell us stories to whip up sentiments.

I guess you did not read the emboldened in my comment. Anyway, you need to also carry your 'two wrongs cannot make a right' message to your brothers in the North so that they can stop killing or assaulting innocent corp members from the south. iranu
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 10:16am On Feb 06, 2017
Chamber10:

First, who verified that her story is true? He should have name the place (the school and the clergyman) so that we can verify. Anybody can come online and frame up stories just to ignite hate for a tribe.

Secondly, even if it is true that she was insulted, was she maimed or lost her life as it is obtainable in the North? (not trying to justify her being insulted). The worst has happened to Corp members posted to the North and nobody is protesting. So don't come her to tell us stories to whip up sentiments.

I guess you did not read the emboldened in my comment. Anyway, you need to also carry your 'two wrongs cannot make a right' message to your brothers in the North so that they can stop killing or assaulting innocent corp members from the south. iranu

You just said that you "don't justify her being assaulted" but thats just what you have done.

Secondly, since when did we start holding an individual responsible for things they did not do? Is that right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp / Burial Of Corper Who Drowned While Swimming In Delta State (Photos) / Why Abia State Nysc Camp Is One Of The Best In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.