Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist (2782 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
Muafrika2:

Ha ha cheesy

This one doesn't even know that Zuckerberg decamped grin

While calling Zuckerberg? Who is he? You don't need to look up to anyone because of temporary things you can acquire by simply engaging your mind productively.

If the young man doesn't have money I wonder who will desire to know his religion.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by HardMirror(m): 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
Muafrika2:

Ha ha cheesy

This one doesn't even know that Zuckerberg decamped grin
Indeed christians wld ever remain sheep. If I was mark, I wld say the same words. It's business. You are all nothing but pawns in this enterprise

1 Like

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by HardMirror(m): 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:

FUNNY...it's a nice, soft paper.
Seek god in truth and you wld realize he is only an invention of man. People who believe in god only do so because they have not really sought him/it/she in truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
HardMirror:

Indeed christians wld ever remain sheep. If I was mark, I wld say the same words. It's business. You are all nothing but pawns in this enterprise
Seems Christianity is making a comeback if it's that important to Facebook. Even in US politics has become a winning formula.

World's longest living political and social ideal cool

☆☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★

Where is that crazy one Otemanuduno. I need to laugh in his face grin
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

While calling Zuckerberg? Who is he? You don't need to look up to anyone because of temporary things you can acquire by simply engaging your mind productively.

If the young man doesn't have money I wonder who will desire to know his religion.
My friend, read the op undecided
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:

How sure are u, though he was RAISED as a Jewish...and there was a period he question the existence of your god.he Only believes that religion is important.
There is a thread by KingEbukasBlog somewhere here that will help you answer that. He posted something on fb or twitter undecided
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by HardMirror(m): 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
Muafrika2:

Seems Christianity is making a comeback if it's that important to Facebook. Even in US politics has become a winning formula.

☆☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★

Yes bro, we need all the sheeple we can get. I promote christianity off nairaland. It's sweet to be a be surrounded by sheep. Makes lots of sense to promote christianity without being a believer.

2 Likes

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
Muafrika2:

My friend, read the op undecided

You are not to defend the faith with human success even when they are divinely empowered. Anyone can make a success of anything by applying simple basic principles.

There are commentd that are not even worth an ounce of attention.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 03, 2017
HardMirror:

Yes bro, we need all the sheeple we can get. I promote christianity off nairaland. It's sweet to be a be surrounded by sheep. Makes lots of sense to promote christianity without being a believer.
Chai! undecided Christianity rules I tell you cool

Proud flock of sheep led by a fierce Lion King grin .

1 Like

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

You are not to defend the faith with human success even when they are divinely empowered. Anyone can make a success of anything by applying simple basic principles.

There are commentd that are not even worth an ounce of attention.
I give up undecided
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by alolatee(m): 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:
If God truly exist, why do the innocent suffer, why are bad things happening to people that dnt deserve it. Bill gate, mark zuckerberg and many rich people are atheist and very rich and succesful. As for me, am very much ok, but if my expectation dnt turn around within 1week then there is no God and i seize to be a christain, i seize to pray, go the church or knw God.

what have u passed thru that seens like a mountain? Bro praise God.if you as a christian are part of those who persecute me, you will join them...my bags are at the open...no pastor/member wants to house me cos am from the north...my mum and family said i should go to an hamlet than the city i have seen.....with oportuni
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by randomperson: 12:36am On Feb 04, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

God tries no body everyone according to scripture is tempted when he is drawn away and is enticed. You may ask was job tempted? Yes! When fear of his safety became his priority he became a prey for trial. This is not physical, it is a spiritual law.

What connection does job had in the discussion between God and Satan?

His fear created that loophole.

Whosoever breaks the hedge, the serpent will bite him. It doesn't matter who the person is. These are spiritual laws. They stand like gravity in the physical.
Which kind of nonsense are u saying. The bible clearly states that God boasted about job to Satan and allowed Satan to deal with him to prove his point...
All these Christians that either don't know the bible sef
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by randomperson: 12:39am On Feb 04, 2017
Muafrika2:

☆☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★

U are obviously not well informed, the only places Christianity is making any comeback is the underdeveloped world. The countries with high literacy levels are becoming less religious... Churches are being converted to night clubs in some countries and u are here looking for a face to laugh in. Shame!

1 Like

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 7:14am On Feb 04, 2017
alolatee:

what have u passed thru that seens like a mountain? Bro praise God.if you as a christian are part of those who persecute me, you will join them...my bags are at the open...no pastor/member wants to house me cos am from the north...my mum and family said i should go to an hamlet than the city i have seen.....with oportuni
Which God do i need to praise, do u need to praise your father b4 he can that he needs to fend for the family. Am not passing through difficulties...prayer is like chanting a sound to an unseen person.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 7:15am On Feb 04, 2017
alolatee:

Which God do i need to praise, do u need to praise your father b4 he can KNOW that he needs to fend for the family. Am not passing through difficulties...prayer is like chanting a sound to an unseen person.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 04, 2017
randomperson:

Which kind of nonsense are u saying. The bible clearly states that God boasted about job to Satan and allowed Satan to deal with him to prove his point...
All these Christians that either don't know the bible sef

Job set the stage with the fear of his safety. It is to every man, including job according to his faith or fear. This is what Jesus came to teach so that we can avoid the mistake of those who went before us.

Every blessing or curse has a precedence which is always set by man not God. This is eternal truth. You understand it, you live a good life. You don't you spend your year regretting or casting and binding devils.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by onetrack(m): 10:07am On Feb 04, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:
If God truly exist, why do the innocent suffer, why are bad things happening to people that dnt deserve it. Bill gate, mark zuckerberg and many rich people are atheist and very rich and succesful. As for me, am very much ok, but if my expectation dnt turn around within 1week then there is no God and i seize to be a christain, i seize to pray, go the church or knw God.

You already are atheist, based on what you have written. Waiting a week is not even necessary.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2017
onetrack:

You already are atheist, based on what you have written. Waiting a week is not even necessary.
A caterpillar doesn't turn to a butterfly, it takes a gradual process and time.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by onetrack(m): 10:35am On Feb 04, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:

A caterpillar doesn't turn to a butterfly, it takes a gradual process and time.

I agree with you. There are often steps in such major transitions. However given where you are currently, I can say as an atheist that you are almost at the end of your journey.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by plaetton: 11:11am On Feb 04, 2017
ModestGal:
Am not sure if you will be able to understand these things am gonna be telling you,but I hope you do and at least I have done my part in trying to help you.
About good and evil, the truth is that Christianity has painted unreal things real especially in the aspect of good and evil, they believe good things are from God why evils are from satan.They tell people the world created by God is innocuous,that's why they run from pastors to pastors in the name of solving problems, this is not leaving Muslims that shamelessly run from Alfas to Alfas to help them solve thier problems.
Evil and suffering exist to test mankind's faith
Suffering is a part of this life, but if we prove worthy, there will be no suffering in the next.We Muslims believe that goods and evils are from God, their are things we humans consider evils but they are not evils,intact they are good for us in the long run.
The Quran says...
"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to as-sabirun (the patient ones)." [Al-Qur'an 2:155]
also, regarding the point,why Allah does put anyone in pain, Allah says in Quran:
and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.' (Surah Baqarah: 216)
“The life of a believer is truly amazing. Everything that happens to him is good. This is only true for a believer and none else. If something pleasant happens to him, he is thankful and that is good for him. If something bad afflicts him, he is patient and that is also good for him.” (Muslim)
Affliction is part of the test of life. If God were to interfere and prevent every bad thing from happening to each individual, it would be like taking the test away from a student.
Saying that the bad that exists in the world is
necessary does not mean that it is justified or
praiseworthy . Believers are always commanded to enjoin the good and forbid the evil, which is another test in itself.
Being able to see the big picture often affects how we perceive what is good and bad. Someone with little foresight may claim that the injection of a vaccine into a patient, which contains traces of disease, is a bad thing while the injection of heroin, which leads to euphoria, is a good thing. Not being able to understand that the vaccine will help develop immunity to that disease or that taking heroin will develop into a drug addiction is due to a lack of medical knowledge and experience.
God said:
“We sent messengers before you [Prophet] to many communities and afflicted their people with suffering and hardships, so that they might learn humility. If only they had learned humility when suffering came from Us! But no, their hearts became hard…” Qur’ān 6:42-43
God said:
“Do people think they will be left alone after saying, ‘We believe’ without being put to the test? We tested those who went before them: God will certainly mark out which ones are truthful and which are lying.” Qur’ān 29:2-3
Upon analysis, we realize that the Prophets, who are the highest in rank in the sight of God, faced the most difficult tests of all people. Clearly, merit must be earned.
It should be patently clear that the inability to see the wisdom behind something should not be a cause of criticizing that thing. Of course, the final analysis concerning all of this is: God knows best.This is just like a child being beaten by the parent, to the child, what the parent is doing is painful,evil and wicked, but to the parent, what they are doing is best for the child,intact it shows they are good parent. Remember our brain when we were in our mothers belly, our brain when we were very little, and our brain now, also a time is coming that our brain will start diminishing, what am trying to tell here is that their was a time when we were little that we do some things and perceive them to be right but now we recall and say ""ohh, I was soo stupid then"",this is the same as that there are some things that we may not just understand and be able to reason out now,one of it may be why must evils happen to us,how can God be somewhere watching all of us in this universe,Nigeria, America,Britain etc,so large a place, how can God watch all of us,etc..Imagine what would have happened if our brain grows 10times in it current speed and in multiples for 1000years, imagine how we will look at today and be like """ohh I was stupid then""

No body should quote me except op, thanks
Sorry dear.
If you write Bullshyte, you have to be quoted, and possibly flogged, of course with rod of Finely measured common sense. cheesy

Now , if in the final analysis, only god knows best and works in mysterious ways, then, is Religion, the entire edifice erected for worship and glorification of god, not a great waste of time and energy, redundant and superfluous ?
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
onetrack:

I agree with you. There are often steps in such major transitions. However given where you are currently, I can say as an atheist that you are almost at the end of your journey.
Then call it the transition ERA
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2017
Day 2, my faith in God keep depreciating, i no longer acknowledge him in anything i do. Day 7 will be my happiest day...counting down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists Can Ask Me Any Question / PENIEL Ngonde-this Youtube Channel Has Blessed Me Tremendously / Are Atheist Threat To Nigeria?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.