Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja (49524 Views)

Beyonce Channels Yoruba Goddess Yemoja In Spirit Music Video For The Lion King / Funke Akindele Dances With Her Twins To Mark Mother's Day (Photos) / Don Jazzy Signs Johnny Drille And DNA Twins To Mavins Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by cirmuell(m): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2017
EgusiSoup:
Proud Igbo woman.
The Igbo race is proud of you Beyonce.
Yorubas has think they can claim you from us by publishing fake news.
A proud Mbaise woman.
grin
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by realmindz: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2017
Xaddy:
I do hope one day the black man, the african man will love himself, will appreciate himself, his history, his skin colour and his culture...

Like Malcolm X said "Who taught you to hate your own self"

when others write your history, that's when u will believe that ur ancestors were from the middle East.

That's when u will believe that Eledumare, olorun = Yaweh/ Jehovah and Eshu = Satan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by madridguy(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2017
Thanks for asking. Meanwhile, am not interested over someone else belief.

BAILMONEY:
YOU SHOULD BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT ISLAMIC JIHADIST WILL SAY ABOUT HER BEING AN INFIDEL AND KAFIR. LET ME ASK MY NAIRALAND JIHADI FRIENDS FIRST. OLLAH AND MADRIDGUY WHATCHA SAY grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by Lordave: 11:49am On Feb 03, 2017
EgusiSoup:
Proud Igbo woman.

A proud Mbaise woman.
You deserve a ban.

Stop pretending as Igbo.

I hope sensible people won't fall for your trick.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by pweshboi(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2017
baby124:

Did your parents assure you that they did not beg for you to be born? If they did, who answered the prayer.
my parents didn't beg for me to be born cos they were operating according to genesis 1:28... that's if you read the Bible tho or a Christian at that. I'll have love to write a long enlightening post for you, but eh u ain't worth that time. we know y'all #Move... Next!!
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by addey44: 11:53am On Feb 03, 2017
EgusiSoup:
Proud Igbo woman.

A proud Mbaise woman.
Are you saying that a Yoruba man wrote the poem? Since when has Beyonce become "a proud Igbo woman" anyway?

2 Likes

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by wristbangle: 11:53am On Feb 03, 2017
EgusiSoup:
Proud Igbo woman.

A proud Mbaise woman.

This one need special deliverance cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
Xaddy:
I do hope one day the black man, the african man will love himself, will appreciate himself, his history, his skin colour and his culture...

Like Malcolm X said "Who taught you to hate your own self"

this is the real problem of the Black African and why he never makes progress, he is trying to be what he is not while forgetting or looking down on what he is!!!!

This is why Adeboye and T.B Joshua ride in private jets, wile their followers wallow in poverty....if you want to be fools they will help you!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by EgusiSoup: 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
Akinaukwa:
At this century, someone is still dedicating her child or blessings to the gods and goddesses forgetting the Almighty creator of heaven and earth and the giver of children. Okay oh Beyoncé.
I get annoyed when I see crap like this. Plz be wise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by Correspondence(m): 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
ikbnice:
Here is the poem :

The ogun is inserted in her poem. cool shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by femi4: 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
ariyebaba:
Something tells me Beyonce is of .............................. extraction in Nigeria.
grin grin grin grin grin
Her real name is Osunbuyosi. It was when they started "Destiny Child" that she changed her name to Beyonce

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by ooshinibos: 12:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
ikbnice:
Beyonce is not done with letting the world know intimate details about her pregnancy. This morning, she released a poem about her twins where she also appeared to dedicate them to Yoruba goddesses Osun and Yemoja.
The poem which is titled I Have Three Hearts was written by popular Somalian poet Warsan Shire.

https://entertainment.naij.com/1086212-beyonces-shares-a-beautiful-poem-twins.html?rs=r2
cc lalasticlala, mynd44

there is nothing about osun in her poem ...
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by Chijosky(m): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
I thought Beyonce said she will not give birth because of her shape, now the thing don sweet her she come dey deliver like....
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by kaydee(m): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
Roon9:
I may know nothing about poetry but that is one dry poem right there shocked
You're right! You know absolutely nothing about poetry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by baby124: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
pweshboi:

my parents didn't beg for me to be born cos they were operating according to genesis 1:28... that's if you read the Bible tho or a Christian at that. I'll have love to write a long enlightening post for you, but eh u ain't worth that time. we know y'all #Move... Next!!
Swear that you can comfortably declare your birth was natural. Even your parents will not tell you. So be careful who you mock. You may be mocking yourself
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by jagorinho: 12:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
johnmattew:
i guess she s a santerian.

Its so sad that brazillians,cubans,americans are celebrating our religion while we demonise them.

Its high time federal govt make osun oshogbo festivals an international standard,so as to attract pilgrims,thus generating revenue
An average yoruba man here does not know the value of his culture because of the influence of europeans,i saw some brazillian and cuban films and i was surprised to see many first hand yoruba culture in it,it is santeria in cuba and candomble in brazil from orixa oko, xango ,ogun ,yemanja etc my question is assuming we didnt come in contact with the european missionaries or the islamic jihadist,wont we still be practising our traditional religion up till now?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by me69: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
ikbnice:
Beyonce is not done with letting the world know intimate details about her pregnancy. This morning, she released a poem about her twins where she also appeared to dedicate them to Yoruba goddesses Osun and Yemoja.
The poem which is titled I Have Three Hearts was written by popular Somalian poet Warsan Shire.

https://entertainment.naij.com/1086212-beyonces-shares-a-beautiful-poem-twins.html?rs=r2
cc lalasticlala, mynd44
Peganizism
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by jagorinho: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
realmindz:
The whites made us demonize our own gods while worshipping the jewish gods as holy and supreme...

if you must worship a god, why the jewish gods?
But the power of delusion will never make people ask questions and if u tell them, they call u satanic
A black man can die for a religion that has little or no link with his race.It is a big shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by pweshboi(m): 1:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
baby124:

Swear that you can comfortably declare your birth was natural. Even your parents will not tell you. So be careful who you mock. You may be mocking yourself
dude... now I can see ure confused, I wasn't mocking anyone I was educating people bashing her. I guess u need to be well informed too. and for my birth issue that you're so concerned about, Niccur my birth was as natural as genesis 1:28...oya goan kee urself if u ain't satisfied about my answer still
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by KingRex1(m): 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
wristbangle:

This one need special deliverance cheesy
special one
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by SIRTee15: 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
baby124:

I hope u know aitheist and pagans get pregnant and experience safe delivery.
Africans should stop applying superstitious mentality to natural occurrence.
Fertility, pregnancy and childbirth will always occur even if people stop worshipping God........
God even confirmed this in his word.

As for Beyonce, it's within her to attribute her twin conception to whatever deity she believes in.......
And since she's a santeria, there's nothing wrong making deference to yemoja and osun.....
Those two goddesses are known for fertility and multiple gestation.....
Nigerians need to wise up, everything in life is not all about km 47 or any it's other contemporaries.....
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by opefid(m): 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
EgusiSoup:
Proud Igbo woman.

A proud Mbaise woman.

@EgusiSoup or wat do U call urself, wat has Igbo got to do with the poem or Beyonce? Must U comment?
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
izzou:
grin

So Beyonce has joined the gods baa?

I dedicate my own baby to the Almighty God.

Meanwhile, have you seen a mod booking space? Look at the man above me.

cool
that's the problem with Africans, the white folks made u see ur kind as inferior, made you hate the color of skin, ur culture, ur tradition, and even defined values and morals for you. Wake up blackie!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by opefid(m): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
SIRTee15:

I hope u know aitheist and pagans get pregnant and experience safe delivery.
Africans should stop applying superstitious mentality to natural occurrence.
Fertility, pregnancy and childbirth will always occur even if people stop worshipping God........
God even confirmed this in his word.

As for Beyonce, it's within her to attribute her twin conception to whatever deity she believes in.......
And since she's a santeria, there's nothing wrong making deference to yemoja and osun.....
Those two goddesses are known for fertility and multiple gestation.....
Nigerians need to wise up, everything in life is not all about km 47 or any it's other contemporaries.....

Hmm...Brain!
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by Raintaker(m): 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
ariyebaba:
Something tells me Beyonce is of .......Ipod....................... extraction in Nigeria.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by FisifunKododada: 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
cheesy Yorubas and their culture are one of the most powerful zeitgeist in the world - unfortunately, the average Yoruba person does not even know this. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by ozoebuka1(m): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
EgusiSoup:
Proud Igbo woman.

A proud Mbaise woman.
hahaha, I couldn't help but to quote u...laugh wan kill me.

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by lx3as(m): 3:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
Roon9:
I may know nothing about poetry but that is one dry poem right there shocked

Then truly you know nothing about poetry!

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by EgusiSoup: 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
ozoebuka1:
hahaha, I couldn't help but to quote u...laugh wan kill me.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Beyonce Shares Poem To Dedicate Her Twins To Yoruba Goddess, Yemoja by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jade Pollock, Wizkid's Baby Mama's Cleavage-Baring Photos Got Fans Talking / Destiny Etiko Adopts Her Gateman's Daughter, Shades Estranged Adopted Daughter / Ini Edo Celebrates 20th Anniversary As An Actress (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.