Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years (28269 Views)

U.S Woman To Be Jailed For Fake $1500 Marriage With Nigerian / Clinton Kalu: Man Wrongfully Imprisoned For 27 Years Speaks / Man Scammed Of N10m By A Prophet, Cries Out (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by akigbemaru: 11:45am On Feb 04, 2017
Naija scammer!
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Onechancearmy(m): 11:45am On Feb 04, 2017
Trump should add the zoo republic to his list of banned countries.
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2017
henrydadon:
The problem with these boys is that they dont know when to stop..and they allow the wealth they are getting into their head..

They forgot that if they keep scamming people sooner or later they will have to put a face to the picture..they forget these bank that they withdraw money from have cameras..at the end of the day when they get these money instead of them to quietly spend it or invest in something meaningful they head up to instagram to show off their ill gotten wealth..

Allowing the law enforcement to catch up with dem..i guess they neva learn..

you want to invest & use ill-gotten wealth? boy wake up becos God can't be mocked. all this your filthy riches is gathered for him dat will use it to pity d poor. the sin of not restituting all illegal & stolen possessions is what will lead many Christians to hell Let alone others.

The end of yahoo yahoo money & their likes is always destruction whether wise investment or No investment. madness, poverty, terrible sickness untimely dealth etcetera are the end products of scamming /419 . if you Don't pay now, your children or family will. Whether you repent or not there is punishment for every evil & that is why obedience is superior to sacrifice

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by jayAjoku(m): 11:48am On Feb 04, 2017
N.C.A.N is glad to see the Western Afonja republic ably represented above grin grin research has show UgwuPobians are getting more elusive by the day
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Realhommie(m): 11:49am On Feb 04, 2017
Darkkarma:
Unfortunately, other Nigerians will pay for the sins of this spineless coward, on nearly every online international store, I have to mask my location in order to have a transaction or else the seller will never respond, going on eBay, I was about to purchase a gaming system, only to be get smacked in the face. "This seller does not ship to Nigeria" I was crestfallen to find the same message on every other product.
Checking the forums all I found were complaints and insults on Nigeria, as far as one telling the other that nothing good comes out of that "shit hole" and it should be a testing ground for nuclear weapons.
I am ashamed of my country, all I hear and see is bad news in and outside.
That's the link to just one of several forum posts about our cowardly brothers.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Ebay/comments/1q8u3z/buyer_wants_me_to_send_to_nigeria/
Just went through ur link, it's disheartening.. PMB was right after all, we all need a change of attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by LastSurvivor11: 11:52am On Feb 04, 2017
bettercreature:
Dunce! when did Olayinka Ilumsa Sunmola become a Yoruba name
He is a confirm Hausa man

Sorry I forgot he is an igbo man from enugu state..
Mumu

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by veragold2804(f): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2017
Nawa ooo. Na did kind people dey tarnish Nigeria image
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 04, 2017
Even scammed a disabled woman these bastards should be shot. They give us a bad name. I was at an expatriate meetup outside the country expat-blog and when I said I was from Nigeria, o e of the Spanish guy said the Nigeria prince is here. Another foreign lady had to apologize on his behalf I didn't even understand what he meant by that till weeks later.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by erico2k2(m): 11:58am On Feb 04, 2017
noetic5:
A Nigerian man who defrauded hundreds of lonely U.S. women online was sentenced Thursday to 27 years in federal prison and ordered to repay $1.7 million.

Olayinka Ilumsa Sunmola, of Lagos, bilked dozens of women in Missouri and Illinois alone, driving some to bankruptcy and at least one to the brink of suicide, prosecutors have said.

Sunmola and others would pretend to be members of the U.S. military stationed overseas or businessmen working there, some of whom were widowers with children. They used pictures of men in uniform they found online, sometimes lifting pictures of dead servicemen from memorial websites.

They wooed their "soul mates" via emails, instant messages, flowers, candy and other gifts. Some of the women bought wedding gowns or began to use the fake last names that Sunmola and the others were using. The scammers then began to concoct emergencies that grew ever larger until their victims' assets were gone, prosecutors said.

One Bond County, Ill. woman bankrupted herself buying electronics and shipping them to Sunmola, re-shipping things he bought using stolen credit card numbers and taking out cash advances on a credit card.

A woman identified in court last year only as Jane Doe No. 6 was a recently divorced single mother when she met Sunmola, who was claiming to be a U.S. Army major. She is also partially disabled and a survivor of an abusive relationship.

Sunmola's victims didn't know that credit cards and checks he sent to them were bogus, and that the electronic items were fraudulently purchased. Sometimes victims would be tricked a second time, when contacted by fake foreign “investigators” who demanded thousands of dollars in customs payments to send back items they claimed to have seized.

Sunmola persuaded some victims to send sexually explicit photos or videos, then used them for blackmail. In one case, Sunmola shared the pictures with a victim's relatives even after she paid him, prosecutors said.

While "systematically destroying" the women, Sunmola used their money for lavish parties, two Range Rovers, four properties in South Africa and a $363,000 home in Nigeria, prosecutors said.

After two days of a jury trial in U.S. District Court in East St. Louis in March, Sunmola pleaded guilty to eight felonies, including mail fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy, and interstate extortion. He was sentenced Thursday by U.S. District Judge David Herndon.

Source: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/nigerian-man-who-stole-money-from-lonely-missouri-and-illinois/article_1dc9cdfe-4785-538d-9e1d-ca17a7fb23ca.html

[img]http://4.bp..com/-FeZz0chzeAU/WJVqk9lpptI/AAAAAAALkwY/khAHvt42VbwieHNN35chIm3LXJQnuqxNwCLcB/s400/2aa.jpg[/img]
NCAN ph/London branch was here reporting live grin grin
Nah Dem grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by erico2k2(m): 12:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
pcguru1:
Even scammed a disabled woman these bastards should be shot. They give us a bad name. I was at an expatriate meetup outside the country expat-blog and when I said I was from Nigeria, o e of the Spanish guy said the Nigeria prince is here. Another foreign lady had to apologize on his behalf I didn't even understand what he meant by that till weeks later.
The problem was yourself .you felt low cos of his remark or what?u should av told him at least in your country try it's illegal for a man to shagg a man and sheep that will shut him up .
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by oparano(m): 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
God bless your Ten fingers bro. time to turn up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by kally90(f): 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
Afonjas,I dey hail..oh
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by erico2k2(m): 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
oyb:

27 years in a federal prison.

that dude is toast. he will be at the bottom of the food chain. doomed to be someones pretty boy

good riddance

it is jokers like this that our lost generation look up to
Oga don't forget 27 years is probably 10 physical years

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by yankeypha: 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
emwye:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ol boy this your analogy fear me oh.

O boy you may not understand, do you think is easy to convince white people to send you money? How can person tell you he has 5millionUSD and he is asking to pay 100Usd before you received the money, does it make sense, as one they disturb me in my own facebook, small time she done remove her cloth without me asking her to remove, then tomorrow if she pay money, they will say is scam, is bulshit
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by erico2k2(m): 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Darkkarma:
Unfortunately, other Nigerians will pay for the sins of this spineless coward, on nearly every online international store, I have to mask my location in order to have a transaction or else the seller will never respond, going on eBay, I was about to purchase a gaming system, only to be get smacked in the face. "This seller does not ship to Nigeria" I was crestfallen to find the same message on every other product.
Checking the forums all I found were complaints and insults on Nigeria, as far as one telling the other that nothing good comes out of that "shit hole" and it should be a testing ground for nuclear weapons.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Ebay/comments/1q8u3z/buyer_wants_me_to_send_to_nigeria/
Nah lie Ooh every malamute with his own kettle .
Where I dey if you use that kind mindset unto say 9ja dey do 419 to victimise me in anyway shape or form a d I can prove it you lost your JOB . No roo. For prejudice in this way . The chinease are worse scammers
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by erico2k2(m): 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
yankeypha:
O boy you may not understand, do you think is easy to convince white people to send you money? How can person tell you he has 5millionUSD and he is asking to pay 100Usd before you received the money, does it make sense, as one they disturb me in my own facebook, small time she done remove her cloth without me asking her to remove, then tomorrow if she pay money, they will say is scam, is bulshit
Greed has a part to play to but the courts consider thier vonorable state . (Victs)
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by IslamicRebel: 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
Afonjas and Hausa Fulani must be banned from the us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Realhommie(m): 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
eee777:

you want to invest & use ill-gotten wealth? boy wake up becos God can't be mocked. all this your filthy riches is gathered for him dat will use it to pity d poor. the sin of not restituting all illegal & stolen possessions is what will lead many Christians to hell Let alone others.

The end of yahoo yahoo money & their likes is always destruction whether wise investment or No investment. madness, poverty, terrible sickness untimely dealth etcetera are the end products of scamming /419 . if you Don't pay now, your children or family will. Whether you repent or not there is punishment for every evil & that is why obedience is superior to sacrifice
Preach it bro...
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by delishpot: 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
Typical it seems after crude oil, 419 is the next biggest product Nigeria is known to export.
The maga prolly did not even use the money for any profitable venture.
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by 2shur: 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
when it comes to come and buy classified
craigslist
transfer
come and marry
credit card item shopping both ebay and amazon
local scam

afonjas come to mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Jammiiee(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2017
Bro sincerely all dox yahoo guys need to read this. U said it all
eee777:

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Fourwinds: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
Yoruba again.?
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by AngelicBeing: 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
eee777:

Gbam...One word for your explanation, is KARMA.... the law of sowing and reaping, the law of retributive justice wink
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2017
Shame on him for taking advantage of vulnerable women!. Big-Big shame!.
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by ChinonsoDike2: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2017
Darkkarma:

Being black and Nigerian is a curse.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2017
sighted

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by lordus01(m): 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
Afonja and scam...just like igbo and drugs..i hail una.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
1-1 goalless draw ..... MMM VS I GO MARRY..... Picker come over .... They re still paying joor

When are they going to jail Mavrodi

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by luminouz(m): 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
I quote u n since I wear 5 times buhari's weight......no crushing things for me....
U little fvcker! grin
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by ArewaTech1(m): 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
IslamicRebel:
Afonjas and Hausa Fulani must be banned from the us
Bros, wetin Fulani do you?
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Kayman4life(m): 1:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
I taught that afonjas use to blaim every to igbos alone while they are still part of it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man In Military Uniform Seen Intimidating Other Road Users With A Gun / How Oyo Occultic Fraudsters Duped German Based Woman Of N81 Million. Photos / Youths Overrun Police Station In Anambra. As Okada Man Is Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.