Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years (28271 Views)

U.S Woman To Be Jailed For Fake $1500 Marriage With Nigerian / Clinton Kalu: Man Wrongfully Imprisoned For 27 Years Speaks / Man Scammed Of N10m By A Prophet, Cries Out (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by ArewaTech1(m): 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
slap1:

LOL. Hausa man and yahoo-yahoo? Who dash them brain?
Shege! who lend you their's?.
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by edi287: 1:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
27 years is too little...dude should be sentenced to death. These fuckers have ruined our reputation abroad. What pisses me off even more is this fool most likely goes to church everyday and shouts Jesus...Stupid bleeped up mentality.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by donodion(m): 1:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
Welcome judgement.Thankfully wasn't in Nigeria where he would have been a senator or LG council chairman or " one terrible political party stalwart" by now.

For the next 27 years,and for all the women he had screwed their lives, he will be getting SCREWED heavily day and night in jail.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by pedi(m): 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
This guys are spoling Nigeria name.
Sunmola and others would pretend to be members of the U.S. military stationed overseas or businessmen working there, some of whom were widowers with children. They used pictures of men in uniform they found online, sometimes lifting pictures of dead servicemen from memorial websites.

They wooed their "soul mates" via emails, instant messages, flowers, candy and other gifts. Some of the women bought wedding gowns or began to use the fake last names that Sunmola and the others were using. The scammers then began to concoct emergencies that grew ever larger until their victims' assets were gone, prosecutors said.

One Bond County, Ill. woman bankrupted herself buying electronics and shipping them to Sunmola, re-shipping things he bought using stolen credit card numbers and taking out cash advances on a credit card.

A woman identified in court last year only as Jane Doe No. 6 was a recently divorced single mother when she met Sunmola, who was claiming to be a U.S. Army major. She is also partially disabled and a survivor of an abusive relationship.

Sunmola's victims didn't know that credit cards and checks he sent to them were bogus, and that the electronic items were fraudulently purchased. Sometimes victims would be tricked a second time, when contacted by fake foreign “investigators” who demanded thousands of dollars in customs payments to send back items they claimed to have seized.

Sunmola persuaded some victims to send sexually explicit photos or videos, then used them for blackmail. In one case, Sunmola shared the pictures with a victim's relatives even after she paid him, prosecutors said.

While "systematically destroying" the women, Sunmola used their money for lavish parties, two Range Rovers, four properties in South Africa and a $363,000 home in Nigeria, prosecutors said.

After two days of a jury trial in U.S. District Court in East St. Louis in March, Sunmola pleaded guilty to eight felonies, including mail fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy, and interstate extortion. He was sentenced Thursday by U.S. District Judge David Herndon.

Source: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/nigerian-man-who-stole-money-from-lonely-missouri-and-illinois/article_1dc9cdfe-4785-538d-9e1d-ca17a7fb23ca.html

[img]http://4.bp..com/-FeZz0chzeAU/WJVqk9lpptI/AAAAAAALkwY/khAHvt42VbwieHNN35chIm3LXJQnuqxNwCLcB/s400/2aa.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by RaptorX: 1:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
27 years for what? This oyinbos are crazy, even murderers don't get 27 years. The only reason is because he his black and scammed oyinbos.
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
erico2k2:

The problem was yourself .you felt low cos of his remark or what?u should av told him at least in your country try it's illegal for a man to shagg a man and sheep that will shut him up .

Let me take you through my post again, I said I had no idea what he was talking about and why the foreign lady was apologizing on his behalf because I wasn't familiar with the term "Nigerian Prince" it was later it occurred to me he was referring to fraud. So its almost impossible for me to feel low if I don't understand the context that would require me to feel low in the first place. Also the actions of my brothers doesn't translate to that of mine. You should read more next time before making posts like this
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by hman4real(m): 1:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
henrydadon:
The problem with these boys is that they dont know when to stop..and they allow the wealth they are getting into their head..

They forgot that if they keep scamming people sooner or later they will have to put a face to the picture..they forget these bank that they withdraw money from have cameras..at the end of the day when they get these money instead of them to quietly spend it or invest in something meaningful they head up to instagram to show off their ill gotten wealth..

Allowing the law enforcement to catch up with dem..i guess they neva learn..

so you are even encouraging them and giving them strategies. God is watching all of you.
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Ehinmola(m): 1:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
He who lives by gun and knife must die by gun and knife(secret oath of mafia). Also scammers who lives on ill gotten wealth must one day be jailed. The end of the wicked.
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Mskrisx(f): 2:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
pcguru1:
Even scammed a disabled woman these bastards should be shot. They give us a bad name. I was at an expatriate meetup outside the country expat-blog and when I said I was from Nigeria, o e of the Spanish guy said the Nigeria prince is here. Another foreign lady had to apologize on his behalf I didn't even understand what he meant by that till weeks later.

grin grin grin grin Nigeria Prince.
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by drss2(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
i remember dis particular scam was shown on IDx crime channel program "nowhere to hide."
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Burgerlomo: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
Wickedness
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
edi287:
27 years is too little...dude should be sentenced to death. These fuckers have ruined our reputation abroad. What pisses me off even more is this fool most likely goes to church everyday and shouts Jesus...Stupid bleeped up mentality.
My co-workers call me the Nigerian prince ...

99% of them have received email at one point or the other from a nigerian prince or a former high ranking gov official requesting help to transfer millions of dollars.

These guys have finished Nigeria completely. Yoruba boys scamming, ibos the drug lords and nourtherners for terrorism. Nigerians always in the news for the wrong reason.
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Culin(f): 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
Just 27 years?
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Jesusloveyou: 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
banttieman:
100 gullible women.

I doff my hat sir
that is fulfilment of destiny.
The day he was born, he set a target for himself to play more than 100 oyibo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
wire wire
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by herrdeustch: 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
henrydadon:
The problem with these boys is that they dont know when to stop..and they allow the wealth they are getting into their head..

They forgot that if they keep scamming people sooner or later they will have to put a face to the picture..they forget these bank that they withdraw money from have cameras..at the end of the day when they get these money instead of them to quietly spend it or invest in something meaningful they head up to instagram to show off their ill gotten wealth..

Allowing the law enforcement to catch up with dem..i guess they neva learn..
They should have never started in the first place. If you are smart enough to be a yahoo boy , my brother , then there is no success you cant achieve when you set your heart to it! I remember in 2010 when I was serving and went to visit my friend in Lagos.He was squatting in very poor conditions with one of his childhood friends.They were struggling but they were dilligent.Fast-forward to today, my friend is the co-founder of a startup in Nigeria that has received funding in the range of over USD2million and that is only one of his startups. So it beats me when Nigerian youth use their power of persuasion to dupe people instead of using it to solve problems that will make them rich legitimately.Why don't you use your skills to get a business plan, use your persuasive skills to build a team, use your persuasive skills to get funding, use your persuasive skills to employ people? This is the simple reason why Nigeria is not moving forward, because the people who God has given the intelligence to deliver this country are busy practicing it on illegalities,this is why nonsense politicians come and bamboozle us and go away scot-free.God have mercy!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by henrydadon(m): 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
herrdeustch:

They should have never started in the first place. If you are smart enough to be a yahoo boy , my brother , then there is no success you cant achieve when you set your heart to it! I remember in 2010 when I was serving and went to visit my friend in Lagos.He was squatting in very poor conditions with one of his childhood friends.They were struggling but they were dilligent.Fast-forward to today, my friend is the co-founder of a startup in Nigeria that has received funding in the range of over USD2million and that is only one of his startups. So it beats me when Nigerian youth use their power of persuasion to dupe people instead of using it to solve problems that will make them rich legitimately.Why don't you use your skills to get a business plan, use your persuasive skills to build a team, use your persuasive skills to get funding, use your persuasive skills to employ people? This is the simple reason why Nigeria is not moving forward, because the people who God has given the intelligence to deliver this country are busy practicing it on illegalities,this is why nonsense politicians come and bamboozle us and go away scot-free.God have mercy!

Greed bro..greed..that nigerian problem
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
Pwayne2016:
Afon..

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years by noziz(m): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
Bad things full those Afonjas and the Flat heads pple hand shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man In Military Uniform Seen Intimidating Other Road Users With A Gun / How Oyo Occultic Fraudsters Duped German Based Woman Of N81 Million. Photos / Youths Overrun Police Station In Anambra. As Okada Man Is Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.