Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

[pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price (1738 Views)

Buhari Pays N50k To Tinubu As Bride Price At Ganduje, Ajimobi Children’s Wedding / Charly Boy Collapses At The Resume Or Resign Protest In Abuja / Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by SEOManiac: 7:24am On Feb 04, 2017
A group of single men have gone public to protest over the inflated dowry in Somalia.

In the photos, the Somali men holding signs that read 'Still I am Single', where said to have held their protest at the Mansoor hotel in Hargeisa.

According to them, they said the brides' parents are extorting men through the inflated bride price in the country.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-01bQwWUAyrQ/WJVlwVM5whI/AAAAAAALkvU/jflEsQSJr-QJBOXwpj0mIViX1GLQ3CV3ACLcB/s400/2AAA.png[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-4Jn0MQXQvSs/WJVlwlilZpI/AAAAAAALkvY/SkxXOWMwMd4O5zW2M-jnX6rY7u36QmsgwCLcB/s400/2b.png[/img]

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/02/single-somali-men-protest-over.html
Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 04, 2017
they should come and marry from eastern Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by SEOManiac: 7:26am On Feb 04, 2017
Some even came dressed ready for a wedding with suits.
See more pictures of them here >>>>>

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/02/single-somali-men-protest-over.html
Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by potent5(m): 7:28am On Feb 04, 2017
Humour me, pls.
Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by beycity(m): 7:29am On Feb 04, 2017
This does not look like a protest nah. Abi nah me no dey look well ni.
Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 04, 2017
This is serious magana
Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by Edwinmason(m): 7:57am On Feb 04, 2017
the world is gradually becoming a joke....
Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by fergie001: 8:58am On Feb 04, 2017
Dem don come mbaise?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by betterABIAstate: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2017
Same should be done in IMO state

1 Like

Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by philchudi: 9:47am On Feb 04, 2017
Chei,
AFRICA WHY?
Anyways make them enter Cape Verde Island now.
Women na free there now.

2 Likes

Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by cascarino(m): 11:14am On Feb 04, 2017
betterABIAstate:
Same should be done in IMO state
Shatap! Bride price in Abia State is far bigger than that of IMO State. My cousin married from Umuahia last August and the list they gave us both for the men and women was not less than #1.2m. The other cousin of mine married an Ngwa woman last Nov. theirs was the worst the items in list did not cost us less than #1.5m. I stayed in Arochukwu in 2014 and witnessed some traditional marriage ceremonies it was not an exception from the rest. Here in my own part of IMO State (IDEATO) marriage ceremony does not cost more than #150000 sincerely speaking. We do not charge any other thing but some few crates of beer, malt and palm wine. Our dowry is arguably the cheapest in Igboland. You guys should stop all these unnecessary media attack on anything IMO STATE. We no longer find it funny.

1 Like

Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by tzargeemedia: 11:23am On Feb 04, 2017
@ Op, Why did u cloak the link to redirect to a fake Linda Ikeji's site? Don't spam Nairaland
Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by EmeeNaka: 11:27am On Feb 04, 2017
How did they get those clothes and shoes they wore? I thought Somalia is IDP camp.

1 Like

Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by ThinkSmarter: 11:54am On Feb 04, 2017
Honestly, the Cost of Bride Price need to be reviewed in some tribes.
Imagine a young man in his late 20s or early 30s with a Savings of b/w #300k-#500k, planning to marry, only for the family of the bride to demand #150k cash with other listed items amounting to about #300k altogether, excluding the traditional /white wedding expenditures.
The exorbitant bride price hv scared young men from marriage, as they re scared of hw to source for money for the real deal[ Responsibility ] after the wedding.
Very soon, many people will adopt Lagos marriage, in case u don't what I mean by Lagos marriage, itz getting ur girlfriend pregnant while still dating her, then her family will be forced to plead with u to accept to marry her, and they will promise to accept anything u can afford, even support u in some cases, rather than allowing u to abscond, leaving their daughter pregnant with no husband.

2 Likes

Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by ThatIgboBoy: 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
Honestly, the Cost of Bride Price need to be reviewed in some tribes.
Imagine a young man in his late 20s or early 30s with a Savings of b/w #300k-#500k, planning to marry, only for the family of the bride to demand #150k cash with other listed items amounting to about #300k altogether, excluding the traditional /white wedding expenditures.
The exorbitant bride price hv scared young men from marriage, as they re scared of hw to source for money for the real deal[ Responsibility ] after the wedding.
Very soon, many people will adopt Lagos marriage, in case u don't what I mean by Lagos marriage, itz getting ur girlfriend pregnant while still dating her, then her family will be forced to plead with u to accept to marry her, and they will promise to accept anything u can afford, even support u in some cases, rather than allowing u to abscond, leaving their daughter pregnant with no husband.

Lol @lagos marriage
Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2017
This is serious shocked , considering they just marry their cousins. No mercy shocked
Re: [pictures] Massivve Protest In Somalia Over Cost Of Bride Price by betterABIAstate: 2:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
cascarino:
Shatap! Bride price in Abia State is far bigger than that of IMO State. My cousin married from Umuahia last August and the list they gave us both for the men and women was not less than #1.2m. The other cousin of mine married an Ngwa woman last Nov. theirs was the worst the items in list did not cost us less than #1.5m. I stayed in Arochukwu in 2014 and witnessed some traditional marriage ceremonies it was not an exception from the rest. Here in my own part of IMO State (IDEATO) marriage ceremony does not cost more than #150000 sincerely speaking. We do not charge any other thing but some few crates of beer, malt and palm wine. Our dowry is arguably the cheapest in Igboland. You guys should stop all these unnecessary media attack on anything IMO STATE. We no longer find it funny.
IMO people ask for iphone 7

(1) (Reply)

I Will Definitely Beat Buhari In 2019 - Atiku / Nigeria's SSS 'arrest Cameroon's Separatist Leaders' / Chief Obasanjo Sleeps With Wives Of His Sons- Mrs Obasanjo Makes Revelatoions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.