Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen (10827 Views)

'we Are Working On How To Arrest The Monkey That Swallowed N70m- Dino Melaye / Monkeys Swallow N70m Northern Senators Forum Money - Sen Shehu Sani / Kwankwaso In Enugu Over Northern Cattle Rearers. See How He Was Welcomed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by Raxxye(m): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
govt of the North

1 Like

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by CaptPlanet(m): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
70m to train cattle rearer. Lol!

Na wa for this country.
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by SalamRushdie: 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
naptu2:

1) I'm not fulani.

2) What kind of animals are at the Obudu Cattle Ranch?

3) Where is the Obudu Cattle Ranch?

You and I know Obudu Cattle Ranch is basically a resort for tourism and you can't in anyway compare it to a commercial cattle ranch that is put in place to raise cattle for diary, meat and hides ...So is Ur park rangers service going to gourd poultries and piggeries too? Sir please don't play smart this is an attempt to use taxpayers money to legitimize the fulani militia

2 Likes

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by naptu2: 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
Nigerian park rangers at the Gashaka Gumti National Park in Adamawa and Taraba states. The park has the largest collection of chimpanzees in Nigeria. It also has elephants, buffaloes, wild dogs, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by OlujobaSamuel: 3:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
naptu2:
Many countries around the world have national parks and game reserves for the conservation of animals and plants. Examples in Nigeria include the Yankari Game Reserve, the Obudu Cattle Ranch, the National Arboretum in Abuja, etc.

The problem is that many poachers would like to kill the animals in the reserves. For example, poachers would like to kill the elephants and sell their tusks to the Chinese. Loggers would also like to cut down the trees in the parks and reserves.

Therefore, the Nigerian National Parks Service (NPS) employs armed park rangers to guard the national parks. It is these park rangers that the conservator-general of the federation is referring to. He says that they requested that the Nigerian Army should train them, but the cost was too high, so they've found other ways to train them.

Now read the (badly written) article again.

http://nigeriaparkservice.org/
nice one, always informed.
i no sabi anything from the writeup till i saw this.
crazy reporter

2 Likes

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by juman(m): 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
Noise making thing.

Aregbe made more noises more than that on rearing animals by farmers of his state, but nothing came out of it.

Liars.
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by obiageIi(f): 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
naptu2:
Many countries around the world have national parks and game reserves for the conservation of animals and plants. Examples in Nigeria include the Yankari Game Reserve, the Obudu Cattle Ranch, the National Arboretum in Abuja, etc.

The problem is that many poachers would like to kill the animals in the reserves. For example, poachers would like to kill the elephants and sell their tusks to the Chinese. Loggers would also like to cut down the trees in the parks and reserves.

Therefore, the Nigerian National Parks Service (NPS) employs armed park rangers to guard the national parks. It is these park rangers that the conservator-general of the federation is referring to. He says that they requested that the Nigerian Army should train them, but the cost was too high, so they've found other ways to train them.

Thank you jare. Very misleading headline. Shame on whoever did this
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by obiageIi(f): 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You and I know Obudu Cattle Ranch is basically a resort for tourism and you can't in anyway compare it to a commercial cattle ranch that is put in place to raise cattle for diary, meat and hides ...So is Ur park rangers service going to gourd poultries and piggeries too? Sir please don't play smart this is an attempt to use taxpayers money to legitimize the fulani militia
Please get some education
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by ZeroTolerance: 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Park rangers protect wildlife not cows. Don't let anyone deceive you.

1 Like

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by megareal: 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Very crazy reporter. Blundering the whole writeup. You need to reread at least thrice to make half a sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by DonCortino: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Paramilitary training for herdsmen?

Indirectly training their Islamic militia! For the jihad war they are planning
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by Bgorgeous: 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Like seriously?
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by uboma(m): 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
@ naptu2,

You refer to them as 'park rangers', a term I am familiar with.

However in the initial article on this thread, it's says

"The Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai, recently revealed that the Army would be raising up cattle ranches in such a manner that in almost all the divisions and brigades, cattle will be reared".

I guess the article is faulty.
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by naptu2: 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
The conservator-general of the National Parks Service addressing park rangers.

Park rangers.

1 Like

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by SalamRushdie: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2017
obiageIi:

Please get some education

Snake get off my mention
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by obailala(m): 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2017
naptu2:

I swear, I didn't understand a single thing the report was talking about until I read this your explanation. Kudos for breaking it down!
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by tommysparks: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
Audu Ogbeh is just stealing money with ease, he first of all imported grasses from Brazil for 180million, now he wants to train livestock rearers with 400million. We are watching this anti corruption in 3D by sai Baba
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by naptu2: 4:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
I haven't responded to some posts because I was searching for something and I've found it.

This programme was actually started by Dr Goodluck Jonathan in 2014. I remember when it was proposed.
Paramilitary Training

Officers & men of the Nigeria National Park Service undergoing training at some military formations in the Country. This is in action towards a formal Commissioning and full take off of the Service Paramilitary Status granted her by His Excellency the President Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

Officers & men of the Nigeria National Park Service undergoing training at some military formations in the Country. This is in action towards a formal Commissioning and full take off of the Service Paramilitary Status granted her by His Excellency the President Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan with effect from January, 2014.

Officers & men of the Nigeria National Park Service undergoing training at some military formations in the Country. This is in action towards a formal Commissioning and full take off of the Service Paramilitary Status granted her by His Excellency the President Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan with effect from January, 2014.

http://nigeriaparkservice.org/?p=176
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
What are we using all these animals mentioned here for?
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by naptu2: 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
tommysparks:
Audu Ogbeh is just stealing money with ease, he first of all imported grasses from Brazil for 180million, now he wants to train livestock rearers with 400million. We are watching this anti corruption in 3D by sai Baba

It's got absolutely nothing to do with Audu Ogbeh. The Nigerian National Parks Service is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry Of Environment, not the Ministry Of Agriculture.
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by windeal: 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
All FG of Nigeria care for is 'ANIMAL' I mean cattle not human being ..they passed bill for grazing reserve for animals, they also proposed building ranches for animals, they proposed buying grass from Brazil for animals they massacre many people because missing animals.. Mtcteeew. That's why I don't blame those calling Nigeria a zoo

1 Like

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by repogirl(f): 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
I don't get it, are the ranches owned by the federal government? undecided

National park and ranch don't sound like the same thing o...It seems like they are trying to merge cattle with the parks because I seriously doubt cows belong in parks.

They should kuku open ministry of cattle and assign a minister to it. Shady people.

1 Like

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by naptu2: 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
repogirl:
I don't get it, are the ranches owned by the federal government? undecided

National park and ranch don't sound like the same thing o...It seems like they are trying to merge cattle with the parks because I seriously doubt cows belong in parks.

They should kuku open ministry of cattle and assign a minister to it. Shady people.

There are cows in the Gashaka Gumti National Park in Adamawa and Taraba states. The park borders the Mambilla Plateau and there are ranches and grazing sites both within and just outside the park.

The park also contains elephants, buffaloes, wild dogs, antelopes and the largest collection of chimpanzees in Nigeria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gashaka_Gumti_National_Park
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by naptu2: 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Now that the article has been clarified, I can now tell you the real reason, or the main thing that led to this policy.

The huge Sambisa Forest is a part of the gigantic Chad Basin National Park, but as you all know, Boko Haram terrorists made it their headquarters.

This led to discussion within the Goodluck Jonathan administration. How were the terrorists able to establish their headquarters in a national park? Since it was possible, then it also means that other armed groups could also establish bases in our other huge national parks. Why didn't the park rangers detect the presence of the terrorists earlier?

Therefore, the Goodluck Jonathan administration decided that the Nigerian National Parks Service should be turned into a paramilitary organisation and that park rangers should be given military training and all the logistics necessary to properly patrol the national parks and take care of the fauna and flora in them. This decision was made in 2013/2014.

This is just a continuation of that policy. (Unfortunately the author of the article above is either uninformed, mischievous or has mental health issues).

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by engrchykae(m): 8:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
Olukat:
Cows are having a great time under this dullard sad sad sad sad
God has remembered cattle and herdsmen through buhari.cows have been killed,marginalised,sold,poorly fed,flogged,forced to eat grass and cows have been crying to the God of ibrahim,ishmael and yakubu and he sent his servant buhari to deliver cows from their misery.

1 Like

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by Jessam: 9:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
Has Nigeria lost its marbles, I thought only the Naira currency was depreciating, I guess not, seems Brains of key decision makers are depreciating too. The army sent to ARGENTINA to train livestock rearers, ? Are we serious as a nation or not? This is just getting ridiculous.

Anyways while i wait for the Ministry of Agriculture to send Jessam Cattle ranches and Farms its share of the N70m to hekp train its hardworking staff, Please let me use this opportunity to introduce jessam Cattle Ranch and Farms.

jessam cattle ranch & farms aims to be a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bid-kzzS5qQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBO2lDwb_qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by limeta(f): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
Why hell bent on fulani business.
This is not about cattle
They just keep coming,who or what is behind this .
Is buhari cattle mad?
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by NemzySeries(m): 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
which 1 is ranchers and cattlemen training? since dis man came in hiz using every means to support hiz fellow roaming arnd guys wit different english names
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by timecapsule: 1:19am On Feb 05, 2017
This is a clear sign confirmation that the FG is herdsmen. Nigeria army have leave their primary duty and has taken up the task to train the herdsmen. Even when the herdsmen are causing harvoc the fg are now given them more training for them be professional in their killings. With the hell of money budgeted for herdsmen business by the fg is clear sign that there is agenda going on which they want to archeive by all means. How many tribes business has our government include in their budgets. We said no to the grasing bill, but our army have being asign to force ranches every state which is out of constituion. #(LET-US-SAY-NO-TO-ISLAMAISTION-AGENDA).
Re: FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen by solaere(m): 1:42am On Feb 05, 2017
Wastage,training them to be more deadly bubu in tuface voice "only God can judge u now,only God judge now o.."

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Will Reopen Nigeria’s Borders — Tambuwal / S-east APC Demands Reps Speakership / Sanwo-Olu Launches Free Academy For Youths In The Creative Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.