Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent (1272 Views)

My International Passport Held By France Embassy / 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) / Working Visa to Australia 400k by Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by Afroprince(m): 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
My cousin was successful recently for his visa to America, an agent that helped said he will pay N1.2m before he gives him his passport...he booked hotel and helped with ban statement but no fee was agreed only for him to be told after he was granted, the agent collected his signed white paper for visa collection. The visa should be out by Thursday, how can he ensure the visa does not go to the agent first since it hasn't left the Embassy yet! Please give him a useful solution if you can 'cos this will lead to blackmail if the agent gets the visa before him...pls advice cos the money was not not discussed initially?
Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by worry357: 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2017
Do you really expect us to believe that an agent was doing this for free?

I suspect the fee WAS mentioned but that now your cousin or you are trying to get out of paying your contract.
Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by yale001(f): 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
Your request here shows that you wants to outsmart the agent that help you. Even if you get the visa without paying him, it would definitely backfire regrettably... Pay your agreed fees.
Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by justwise(m): 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
Afroprince:
My cousin was successful recently for his visa to America, an agent that helped said he will pay N1.2m before he gives him his passport...he booked hotel and helped with ban statement but no fee was agreed only for him to be told after he was granted, the agent collected his signed white paper for visa collection. The visa should be out by Thursday, how can he ensure the visa does not go to the agent first since it hasn't left the Embassy yet! Please give him a useful solution if you can 'cos this will lead to blackmail if the agent gets the visa before him...pls advice cos the money was not not discussed initially?

Contact the VO through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/154#1792662.4939

Or contact the embassy direct

1 Like

Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
1.2 MILLION. MOGBE .something wey them they do for 500k for here. chai. i urge u to talk and plead with the agent . both u and the agent should shift ground.

Am sorry to break ur heart, its too late to reverse.cos the address your passport is heading to has already been in your visa form .

2 Likes

Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by TheCongo2: 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by justwise(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by Afroprince(m): 10:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
Guys! my visa was secured by me...Knew this was gonna happen! Well my cousin said he didn't mention it at all - that's what i believe too! am out....No wahala we go sort am out shaa, shouldn't have asked!

1 Like

Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by TheCongo2: 5:50am On Feb 05, 2017
Afroprince:
Guys! my visa was secured by me...Knew this was gonna happen! Well my cousin said he didn't mention it at all - that's what i believe too! am out....No wahala we go sort am out shaa, shouldn't have asked!

GBAM smiley
Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by nellaluv(f): 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2017
TheCongo2:

GBAM smiley
LOL smiley
Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by claremont(m): 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2017
@abujaniv.
Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by ladylco: 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2017
Afroprince:

Ask your cousin to go to the collection center himself with a mopol everyday very early from wednesday till the day he collects his passport himself. if the agent tries to make a scene, your cousin should hand him over to police, the agent is trying to be smart and take advantage of your cousin, fine your cousin contacted him for a service which am sure is monetary but not to the extend of charging N1.2m kilode? na Green card him process?. Best of luck
Re: Cousin's Visa...being Held By Agent by Afroprince(m): 12:34pm On Feb 06, 2017
Thanks for your advice, he has heard and will take action...thank you once more!

(1) (Reply)

5 countries That Give Away Free Housing To To Its Residents / Can I Apply For USA Visa In Benin Republic / Which Countries Can I Travel To - Building My Travel History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.