Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? (25444 Views)

Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by felixomor: 5:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stupedinluv:

Thank you o

Examples of these decent churches Pls?

Church of God Mission
Heritage Assembly.
Church of Christ etc
........the lists are endless
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2017
felixomor:

Church of God Mission Heritage Assembly. Church of Christ etc ........the lists are endless ...
Thank you er but
they don't exist where I live.
But I can still check them out if they don't teach tithing and seed sowing.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by felixomor: 5:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Thank you er but

they don't exist where I live.

But I can still check them out if they don't teach tithing and seed sowing.

So its tithe thats driving u from church?
Eiya..... lipsrsealed

However, But i think Church of Christ doesnt insist on tithe payment...
U can look for them.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by OOOS: 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Is Sam Adeyemi a church?
If they are a lot, you should readily tell me one.
Oh I should have mentioned the church! Pardon me ma. I was actually talking of Day Star
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
felixomor:

So its tithe thats driving u from church?
Eiya..... lipsrsealed

However, But i think Church of Christ doesnt insist on tithe payment...
U can look for them.
Come on

Whether they insist or not as long as the teach it I am not buying. Teaching something like that points to deeper errors.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2017
OOOS:

Oh I should have mentioned the church! Pardon me ma. I was actually talking of Day Star
Don't know Day star. Not sure there is any where I stay. But willing to give it a try if they dont teach tithing.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by felixomor: 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stupedinluv:

Come on

Whether they insist or not as long as the teach it I am not buying. Teaching something like that points to deeper errors.

Come on Sis,
There are many churches that dont collect tithe...
Dont let the devil keep u from serving God because of small small excuses
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2017
felixomor:
Come on Sis, There are many churches that dont collect tithe... Dont let the devil keep u from serving God because of small small excuses ......
LMAO see church people o.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by OOOS: 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Don't know Day star. Not sure there is any where I stay. But willing to give it a try if they dont teach tithing.

Sorry, I was carried away. I thought we all stay in the same city. I don't know if they have a branch where you are, but I'm convince there are still good churches. I hope you will tell me you've started going one day.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2017
OOOS:

Sorry, I was carried away. I thought we all stay in the same city. I don't know if they have a branch where you are, but I'm convince there are still good churches. I hope you will tell me you've started going one day.
OK.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by HardMirror(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
SnowJay92:

May you never be in a kill or die situation. It's easier to just open mouth and talk, relocate to southern kaduna and tell scriptures to the marauders.
I am not a christian. I can kill in self defense. But jesus won't and none of his true followers should. Christians should leave vengeance to God.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nofuckgiven: 7:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
Catholics do not force anyone to do anything. You can pay tithe or not,sow seeds or not,that is how Churches are meant to be. That is why it is the one and true church of Christ! cool
#proudcatholic
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oaroloye(m): 8:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
SHALOM!

HardMirror:
The days of fighting physical battles is over, in fact if the bible is to be followed, it is even a sin to take vengeance in any form. The New testament makes it clear that gone are the days of an eye for an eye. It is the age of turning the left cheek when the right cheek is slapped. It is an age of fighting with spiritual weapons. It is an age of evangelism and not warfare.

The only legitimate definition of a "CHRISTIAN" is one who follows Yahshua's Teachings, and obeys his Commandments.

. JOHN 8:30-32.

30. As he spake these Words,
many believed on him.
31. Then said Jesus to those Jews
which believed on him,
"If ye continue in my Word,
(then) are ye my Disciples indeed;
32. "And ye shall know The Truth,
and The Truth shall make you Free."

ANY PERSON SAYING THAT GOD GAVE THEM SOME REVELATION OR DIRECTIVE THAT CONTRADICTS YAHSHUA'S TEACHINGS IS DELUDED AND LYING. There is no such thing.

. MATTHEW 7:12-29.

12. "Therefore all things
whatsoever ye would
that men should do to you,
do ye even so to them:
for this is The Law and The Prophets.
13. "Enter ye in at The Strait Gate:
for wide is the Gate,
and broad is the way,
that leadeth to Destruction,
and many there be which go in thereat:
14. "Because strait is the Gate,
and narrow is The Way,
which leadeth unto Life,
and few there be that find it.
15. "Beware of False Prophets,
which come to you in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16. "Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Do men gather grapes of thorns,
or figs of thistles?
17. "Even so every Good Tree
bringeth forth Good Fruit;
but a Corrupt Tree
bringeth forth Evil Fruit.
18. "A Good Tree cannot
bring forth Evil Fruit,
neither can a Corrupt Tree
bring forth Good Fruit.
19. "Every tree that
bringeth not forth Good Fruit
is hewn down,
and cast into the Fire.
20 Wherefore by their Fruits
ye shall know them.
21. "Not every one
that saith unto me,
'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into
The Kingdom of Heaven;
but He that doeth
The Will of my Father
Which is in Heaven.
22 Many will say to me
in That Day,

'LORD, LORD, HAVE WE NOT
PROPHESIED IN THY NAME?
AND IN THY NAME
HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS?
AND IN THY NAME
DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?'

23. "And then will I profess unto them,

'I NEVER KNEW YOU:
DEPART FROM ME,
YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.'

24. "Therefore whosoever heareth
These Sayings of mine,
and doeth Them,
I will liken him unto a Wise Man,
which built his house upon a rock:
25. "And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and beat upon that house;
and it fell not:
for it was founded upon a rock.
26 . "And every one that heareth
These Sayings of mine,
and doeth them not,
shall be likened unto a Foolish Man,
which built his house upon the sand:
27. "And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and it fell:
and great was the fall of it."
28. And it came to pass,
when Jesus had ended these Sayings,
the people were astonished
at his Doctrine:
29. For He taught them
as one having authority,
and not as the scribes.

THERE IS A PREPONDERANCE OF FALSE PROPHETS AND FALSE CHRISTIANS CLAIMING REVELATIONS AND DIRECTIVES THAT CONTRADICT YAHSHUA'S GOSPEL. These are FOOLS, without a FOUNDATION, according to Yahshua.

They will FAIL under PRESSURE, Yahshua said.

There is therefore no way that a FOLLOWER OF YAHSHUA can justify resorting to violence.

. MATTHEW 5:21-26.

21. "Ye have heard that it was said
by them of Old Time,

'THOU SHALT NOT KILL;'
and

WHOSOEVER SHALL KILL
SHALL BE IN DANGER
OF THE JUDGEMENT:

22. "But I say unto you,

'THAT WHOSOEVER IS ANGRY
WITH HIS BROTHER
WITHOUT A CAUSE
SHALL BE IN DANGER
OF THE JUDGMENT:

and whosoever shall say
to his brother,

'RACA,'

shall be in Danger of the Council:
but whosoever shall say,

"THOU FOOL,"

shall be in Danger of Hell Fire.'

23. "Therefore if thou
bring thy Gift to the Altar,
and there rememberest
that thy Brother
hath ought against thee;
24. "Leave there thy Gift
before the Altar,
and go thy way;
first be reconciled to thy Brother,
and then come and offer thy Gift.
25. "Agree with thine Adversary quickly,
whiles thou art in the way with him;
lest at any time the Adversary
deliver thee to the judge,
and the Judge deliver thee
to the Officer,
and thou be cast into Prison.
26. "Verily I say unto thee,

"THOU SHALT BY NO MEANS
COME OUT THENCE,
TILL THOU HAST PAID
THE UTTERMOST FARTHING.' "

Those who are angry with their fellow man for no Just Cause ARE IN A PRISON OF THEIR OWN CHOOSING- and they will never get out, until they have paid the appropriate dues.

Therefore, a TRUE Christian cannot possibly be a killer.

. MATTHEW 5:38-48.

38. "Ye have heard
that it hath been said,

'AN EYE FOR AN EYE,
AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH:'

39. "But I say unto you,

'THAT YE RESIST NOT EVIL:
BUT WHOSOEVER SHALL SMITE THEE
ON THY RIGHT CHEEK,
TURN TO HIM
THE OTHER ALSO.'

40. "And if any man
will sue thee at the Law,
and take away thy coat,
let him have thy cloke also.
41. "And whosoever shall compel thee
to go a mile,
go with him twain.
42. "Give to him that asketh thee,
and from him that would
borrow of thee
turn not thou away.
43. "Ye have heard that it hath been said,

'THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR,
AND HATE THINE ENEMY.'

44. "But I say unto you,

'LOVE YOUR ENEMIES,
BLESS THEM THAT CURSE YOU,
DO GOOD TO THEM THAT HATE YOU,
AND PRAY FOR THEM
WHICH DESPITEFULLY USE YOU,
AND PERSECUTE YOU;'

45. "That ye may be The Children
of your Father Which is in Heaven:
for He maketh His Sun to rise
on the Evil and on the Good,
and sendeth rain on the Just
and on the Unjust.
46. "For if ye love them which love you,
what Reward have ye?
Do not even the publicans the same?
47. "And if ye salute your Brethren only,
what do ye more than others?
Do not even the publicans so?
48. "Be ye therefore perfect,
even as your Father
Which is in Heaven is Perfect."

A REAL CHRISTIAN is completely harmless.

There seems to be Absolutely NO REASON why a christian should be a soldier. Jesus would certainly from at any of his sheep throwing bombs at souls he created.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR A CHRISTIAN TO BE A SOLDIER- BECAUSE A CHRISTIAN HAS NO MEST TO DEFEND.

SINNERS go to War when they either want someone else's MATTER, ENERGY, SPACE, AND TIME, or else someone else wants THEIRS.'

YAHSHUA COMMANDED, (not "suggested,) that if someone asks for your MEST, you should GIVE IT TO THEM.

.. EXODUS 20:17.

17. "Thou shalt not Covet
thy Neighbour's House,
thou shalt not Covet
thy Neighbour's Wife,
nor his Manservant,
nor his Maidservant,
nor his Ox, nor his Ass,
nor Any Thing
that is thy Neighbour's."

IF SOMEONE COVETS YOUR MEST, THEY DO NOT HAVE GOD.

The price of ETERNAL LIFE is that you MUST yield "your" MEST on request.

No excuses.

. MARK 10:28-31.

28. Then Peter began to say unto him,
"Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee."
29. And Jesus answered and said,
"Verily I say unto you,

'There is no man that hath left house,
or brethren, or sisters,
or father, or mother,
or wife, or children,
or lands,
for my sake,
and The Gospel's,
30. 'But he shall receive
an hundredfold now in this time,
houses, and brethren,
and sisters, and mothers,
and children, and lands,
with persecutions;
and in the World to come Eternal Life.'

31. "But many that are first shall be last;
and the last first."

What are your thoughts on this?

Can a soldier indeed go to heaven if killed in warfare? Can a christian be a soldier?

A SOLDIER WHO VIOLATES THE LAW OF GOD IS NOT GOING TO HEAVEN- IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE HE OR SHE IS KILLED.

IS THERE ANY TIME A CHRISTIAN IS PERMITTED TO KILL? CAN A CHRISTIAN KILL IN SELF DEFENSE?

If a Christian has to defend themselves, it follows that they do not believe that GOD defends THEM.

That means that they are neither RIGHTEOUS, nor HOLY.

In which case, WHAT USE ARE THEY?

Those sorts of Christians" are virtually WORTHLESS!

LUKE 16:1-15.[b]

AND he said also unto his Disciples,
"There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods. 2. "And he called him, and said unto him,

[b]'HOW IS IT THAT I HEAR THIS OF THEE? GIVE AN ACCOUNT OF THY STEWARDSHIP; FOR THOU MAYEST BE NO LONGER STEWARD.'

3. "Then the steward said within himself,

'WHAT SHALL I DO?
FOR MY LORD
TAKETH AWAY FROM ME
THE STEWARDSHIP:
I CANNOT DIG;
TO BEG I AM ASHAMED.
4. 'I AM RESOLVED WHAT TO DO,
THAT, WHEN I AM PUT OUT
OF THE STEWARDSHIP,
THEY MAY RECEIVE ME
INTO THEIR HOUSES.'

5. "So he called every one
of his lord's debtors unto him,
and said unto the first,

'HOW MUCH OWEST THOU
UNTO MY LORD?'

6. "And he said,

'AN HUNDRED MEASURES OF OIL.'

And he said unto him,

'TAKE THY BILL,
AND SIT DOWN QUICKLY,

AND WRITE FIFTY.'

7. "Then said he to another,

'AND HOW MUCH OWEST THOU?'

And he said,

'AN HUNDRED MEASURES OF WHEAT.'

And he said unto him,

'TAKE THY BILL, AND WRITE FOURSCORE.'

8. "And the lord commended the Unjust Steward,
because he had done wisely:
for the Children of this World
are in their Generation
wiser than the Children of Light.
9. "And I say unto you,

'MAKE TO YOURSELVES FRIENDS OF THE MAMMON OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS; THAT, WHEN YE FAIL, THEY MAY RECEIVE YOU INTO EVERLASTING HABITATIONS.'

10. "He that is faithful in that which is least
is faithful also in much:
and he that is unjust in the least
is unjust also in much.
11. "If therefore ye have not been faithful
in the Unrighteous Mammon,
who will commit to your trust
The True Riches?
12. "And if ye have not been faithful
in that which is another man's,
who shall give you
that which is your own?
13. "No servant can serve two masters:
for either he will hate the one,
and love the other;
or else he will hold to the one,
and despise the other.
Ye cannot serve God and mammon."
14. And the Pharisees also,
who were covetous,
heard all these things:
and they derided him.
15. And he said unto them,
"Ye are they which
justify yourselves before men;
but God knoweth your hearts:
for that which is
highly esteemed among men
is Abomination in The Sight of God.
16. "The Law and the Prophets
were until John:
since that time
The Kingdom of God is preached,
and every man presseth into It.
17. "And it is easier
for Heaven and Earth to pass,
than one tittle of The Law
to fail."

FALSE PREACHERS MAKE THEIR LIVING FROM LYING TO PEOPLE, TELLING THEM THAT THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED OR CANCELLED.

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
The weapon of ur warfare are not canal abi but canal weapon is killing ur fellow Christians. Sit down like dummy and be looking at how ur enemies r planning to kill ur family.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by shaqhead: 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
HardMirror:

Your examples are not scriptural so all you said are rubbish as far as christianity is concerned.
Show me the scriptures that permits a Christian to kill
Son, cummando is right!
In the Old testament, God gave the commandments to Moses which included the command not to kill, yes, but in the same old testament, the same God told Saul to utterly KILL the Amelekites. Are u saying God is an author of confusion, which He is not? Are u sayin Gods words are contradictory, which it isnt?

Son, pls stop takin verses of scripture out of context. The command not to kill in the commandments refers to mindless, murderous killing i.e u cnt just wake like a fulani herdsman n tk up arms n murder someone not one which occurs in a conflict or war!

Do not also forget dt Jesus elevated this to not just physical attack on someone but also about an evil thought or speech about someone else. So d qstn u shd ask urself is if u do ds without "killing" as a soldier!
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2017
shaqhead:

Son, cummando is right!
In the Old testament, God gave the commandments to Moses which included the command not to kill, yes, but in the same old testament, the same God told Saul to utterly KILL the Amelekites. Are u saying God is an author of confusion, which He is not? Are u sayin Gods words are contradictory, which it isnt?

Son, pls stop takin verses of scripture out of context. The command not to kill in the commandments refers to mindless, murderous killing i.e u cnt just wake like a fulani herdsman n tk up arms n murder someone not one which occurs in a conflict or war!

Do not also forget dt Jesus elevated this to not just physical attack on someone but also about an evil thought or speech about someone else. So d qstn u shd ask urself is if u do ds without "killing" as a soldier!
Please leave the boy. Please. He is just looking for likes and comments. I'm sure the only shed blood he has seen I that of a fish.or chicken.
All their arguments here is of the devil. I've been in the front for days. Lived on bushes and ants. My eyes peppery from smoke.my hands stiff from shooting. What did I learn? 1 sentence.
If God be for us who can be against us. Nigeria no go scatter. Just pray for him. E still dey room dey browse. If war start God forbid he go begin speak in tongues
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by shaqhead: 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2017
cummando:

Please leave the boy. Please. He is just looking for likes and comments. I'm sure the only shed blood he has seen I that of a fish.or chicken.
All their arguments here is of the devil. I've been in the front for days. Lived on bushes and ants. My eyes peppery from smoke.my hands stiff from shooting. What did I learn? 1 sentence.
If God be for us who can be against us. Nigeria no go scatter. Just pray for him. E still dey room dey browse. If war start God forbid he go begin speak in tongues
Hahahahahah...i get bro n wish u well!
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by jerryfemi89: 9:16pm On Feb 05, 2017
cummando:
Its a job!!!!!!
Once in uniform anything you do is on the country.
Off it you are human.
That's why they are called zombies...tools
The other adversary is a symbol not a personperson
Heaven is sure for soldiers. That follow orders. No matter what
yes my bro u are 100 percent correct

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 05, 2017
xerxes456:

Kindly highlight those teachings...
Time won't permit me.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 05, 2017
O, Datura stramonium....... Bless you. smiley

For this, you deserve an apple without thorns. wink
That's nice Mr Nobody. I wonder how you became a nobody yet still commenting. Thought you deactivate to achieve that status.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Ebookmathswaec: 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2017
www.edmaths.com is a new academic website on Mathematics for students from Primary 1 to SS3 (i.e Year 1 to Year 12).

The website contains past questions and model questions with solutions/answers, for students to practice.

It is free!
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by HardMirror(m): 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

The only legitimate definition of a "CHRISTIAN" is one who follows Yahshua's Teachings, and obeys his Commandments.

. JOHN 8:30-32.

30. As he spake these Words,
many believed on him.
31. Then said Jesus to those Jews
which believed on him,
"If ye continue in my Word,
(then) are ye my Disciples indeed;
32. "And ye shall know The Truth,
and The Truth shall make you Free."

ANY PERSON SAYING THAT GOD GAVE THEM SOME REVELATION OR DIRECTIVE THAT CONTRADICTS YAHSHUA'S TEACHINGS IS DELUDED AND LYING. There is no such thing.

. MATTHEW 7:12-29.

12. "Therefore all things
whatsoever ye would
that men should do to you,
do ye even so to them:
for this is The Law and The Prophets.
13. "Enter ye in at The Strait Gate:
for wide is the Gate,
and broad is the way,
that leadeth to Destruction,
and many there be which go in thereat:
14. "Because strait is the Gate,
and narrow is The Way,
which leadeth unto Life,
and few there be that find it.
15. "Beware of False Prophets,
which come to you in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16. "Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Do men gather grapes of thorns,
or figs of thistles?
17. "Even so every Good Tree
bringeth forth Good Fruit;
but a Corrupt Tree
bringeth forth Evil Fruit.
18. "A Good Tree cannot
bring forth Evil Fruit,
neither can a Corrupt Tree
bring forth Good Fruit.
19. "Every tree that
bringeth not forth Good Fruit
is hewn down,
and cast into the Fire.
20 Wherefore by their Fruits
ye shall know them.
21. "Not every one
that saith unto me,
'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into
The Kingdom of Heaven;
but He that doeth
The Will of my Father
Which is in Heaven.
22 Many will say to me
in That Day,

'LORD, LORD, HAVE WE NOT
PROPHESIED IN THY NAME?
AND IN THY NAME
HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS?
AND IN THY NAME
DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?'

23. "And then will I profess unto them,

'I NEVER KNEW YOU:
DEPART FROM ME,
YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.'

24. "Therefore whosoever heareth
These Sayings of mine,
and doeth Them,
I will liken him unto a Wise Man,
which built his house upon a rock:
25. "And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and it fell not:
for it was founded upon a rock.
26 . "And every one that heareth
These Sayings of mine,
and doeth them not,
shall be likened unto a Foolish Man,
which built his house upon the sand:
27. "And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and it fell:
and great was the fall of it."
28. And it came to pass,
when Jesus had ended these Sayings,
the people were astonished
at his Doctrine:
29. For He taught them
as one having authority,
and not as the scribes.

THERE IS A PREPONDERANCE OF FALSE PROPHETS AND FALSE CHRISTIANS CLAIMING REVELATIONS AND DIRECTIVES THAT CONTRADICT YAHSHUA'S GOSPEL. These are FOOLS, without a FOUNDATION, according to Yahshua.

They will FAIL under PRESSURE, Yahshua said.

There is therefore no way that a FOLLOWER OF YAHSHUA can justify resorting to violence.

. MATTHEW 5:21-26.

21. "Ye have heard that it was said
by them of Old Time,

'THOU SHALT NOT KILL;'
and
'WHOSOEVER SHALL KILL
SHALL BE IN DANGER
OF THE JUDGEMENT:[/i][/b][/color]

22. "But I say unto you,

'THAT WHOSOEVER IS ANGRY
WITH HIS BROTHER
WITHOUT A CAUSE
SHALL BE IN DANGER
OF THE JUDGMENT:

and whosoever shall say
to his brother,

'RACA,'

shall be in Danger of the Council:
but whosoever shall say,

"THOU FOOL,"

shall be in Danger of Hell Fire.'

23. "Therefore if thou
bring thy Gift to the Altar,
and there rememberest
that thy Brother
hath ought against thee;
24. "Leave there thy Gift
before the Altar,
and go thy way;
first be reconciled to thy Brother,
and then come and offer thy Gift.
25. "Agree with thine Adversary quickly,
whiles thou art in the way with him;
lest at any time the Adversary
deliver thee to the judge,
and the Judge deliver thee
to the Officer,
and thou be cast into Prison.
26. "Verily I say unto thee,

"THOU SHALT BY NO MEANS
COME OUT THENCE,
TILL THOU HAST PAID
THE UTTERMOST FARTHING.' "

Those who are angry with their fellow man for no Just Cause ARE IN A PRISON OF THEIR OWN CHOOSING- and they will never get out, until they have paid the appropriate dues.

Therefore, a TRUE Christian cannot possibly be a killer.

. MATTHEW 5:38-48.

38. "Ye have heard
that it hath been said,

'AN EYE FOR AN EYE,
AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH:'

39. "But I say unto you,

'THAT YE RESIST NOT EVIL:
BUT WHOSOEVER SHALL SMITE THEE
ON THY RIGHT CHEEK,
TURN TO HIM
THE OTHER ALSO.'

40. "And if any man
will sue thee at the Law,
and take away thy coat,
let him have thy cloke also.
41. "And whosoever shall compel thee
to go a mile,
go with him twain.
42. "Give to him that asketh thee,
and from him that would
borrow of thee
turn not thou away.
43. "Ye have heard that it hath been said,

'THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR,
AND HATE THINE ENEMY.'

44. "But I say unto you,

'LOVE YOUR ENEMIES,
BLESS THEM THAT CURSE YOU,
DO GOOD TO THEM THAT HATE YOU,
AND PRAY FOR THEM
WHICH DESPITEFULLY USE YOU,
AND PERSECUTE YOU;'

45. "That ye may be The Children
of your Father Which is in Heaven:
for He maketh His Sun to rise
on the Evil and on the Good,
and sendeth rain on the Just
and on the Unjust.
46. "For if ye love them which love you,
what Reward have ye?
Do not even the publicans the same?
47. "And if ye salute your Brethren only,
what do ye more than others?
Do not even the publicans so?
48. "Be ye therefore perfect,
even as your Father
Which is in Heaven is Perfect."

A REAL CHRISTIAN is completely harmless.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR A CHRISTIAN TO BE A SOLDIER- BECAUSE A CHRISTIAN HAS NO MEST TO DEFEND.

SINNERS go to War when they either want someone else's MATTER, ENERGY, SPACE, AND TIME, or else someone else wants THEIRS.'

YAHSHUA COMMANDED, (not "suggested,) that if someone asks for your MEST, you should GIVE IT TO THEM.

.. EXODUS 20:17.

17. "Thou shalt not Covet
thy Neighbour's House,
thou shalt not Covet
thy Neighbour's Wife,
nor his Manservant,
nor his Maidservant,
nor his Ox, nor his Ass,
nor Any Thing
that is thy Neighbour's."

IF SOMEONE COVETS YOUR MEST, THEY DO NOT HAVE GOD.

The price of ETERNAL LIFE is that you MUST yield "your" MEST on request.

No excuses.

. MARK 10:28-31.

28. Then Peter began to say unto him,
"Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee."
29. And Jesus answered and said,
"Verily I say unto you,

'There is no man that hath left house,
or brethren, or sisters,
or father, or mother,
or wife, or children,
or lands,
for my sake,
and The Gospel's,
30. 'But he shall receive
an hundredfold now in this time,
houses, and brethren,
and sisters, and mothers,
and children, and lands,
with persecutions;
and in the World to come Eternal Life.'

31. "But many that are first shall be last;
and the last first."

A SOLDIER WHO VIOLATES THE LAW OF GOD IS NOT GOING TO HEAVEN- IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE HE OR SHE IS KILLED.

If a Christian has to defend themselves, it follows that they do not believe that GOD defends THEM.

That means that they are neither RIGHTEOUS, nor HOLY.

In which case, WHAT USE ARE THEY?

Those sorts of Christians" are virtually WORTHLESS!
Nice, simple nice.
Very articulated.
Feliximor, you see your life? You are simple not worth being taken serious. Henceforth desist from commenting on my threads cos you have nothing sensible to say.
Commando or comundo whatever your name is, keep deceiving yourself.

There is no way a TRUE christian can justify a soldier talkless of being in the military.

Only "christians" who don't know scripture would yern such rubbish.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by malvisguy212: 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2017
neocortex:

I think he is referring to bible-believing christians not government,
in other words will jesus be happy with killing ?
it seems you did not understand my first post. The 6th commandment say "thou shall do no MUDER" does it forbid all killing ? The answer is NO.murder involve killing unlawfully,deliberate plan attack against your fellow man for the purpose of taking his life for reasons that are purely sinful. Examples of killing that do not fall into the category of murder are ,1. court execute a murdere. 2 police man using his gun to protect the innocent.3 soldier fighting for the honour of their land. Etc this are not murder, this are kiling that do not fall in the category of the 6th commandment.

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by felixomor: 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stupedinluv:
LMAO see church people o.

Where dem? grin
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by olagold79: 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2017
Getting all emotional over something like this is IRRATIONAL, bro. He asked a question, which is as direct as it can get....... Why not answer it?

By the way, I can deduce from your post that you're a theologically illiterate Christian..... (no offence grin). You needn't use arrogance as butter to eat your misconceptions and ignorance. Don't be a baby, my friend.

Well then, lemme ask you the question from a different angle, DID JESUS COMMAND YOU TO LOVE YOUR ENEMIES?

Unfortunetly, I am not interested in theology. Goodluck to you.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by mikeljack(m): 11:23pm On Feb 05, 2017
HardMirror:

Scriptures?
Cos I don't think so. Every murderer will go to hell. Whose orders should a christian follow? God or man? Jesus would NEVER permit a man to kill another man.

Why I love Jehovah witnesses. They don't have any business with politics or military.

the Israelite fought in war and where are they going to
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Alfred200825(m): 5:53am On Feb 06, 2017
HardMirror:

So what if your commanding officer orders the soldier to kill? What about soldiers sent for "peace keeping" who kill during such operations?
Following orders is part of being in the military. Or are you christians just confused?

1st John 5vs19
We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

Acts 5vs29
..."We must obey God as ruler rather than men.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 06, 2017
HardMirror:

Your examples are not scriptural so all you said are rubbish as far as christianity is concerned.
Show me the scriptures that permits a Christian to kill
you think you have an arguement? Your argument is baseless. If the soldiers have not been fighting those terrorist do you know the level of atrocities that would have committed?

Pack your bags and go and leave in the north.killing for war sake is not a sin....if you say it is the David,Saul/Paul and the rest of em are in hell
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 06, 2017
HardMirror:

Felixomor and the rest opened the thread and picked race cheesy. Forget all the pretense christians are no different from muslims. Muslims are bold in their approach, christians try to legislate their own atrocities. Soldiers are murders and christians use them to achieve their aims.
if you are a graduate then I am sorry that resources were wasted on you to achieve a Certificate plus someone impersonated for you to pass MATH because if you had done the math,you will realize that the number of Christians in the army is nothing compared to the number of Muslim.
Even if you want to claim being an Atheist,you should study to show yourself approved.All I see about you is a "empty barrel"!!!!!

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 06, 2017
HardMirror:

I don't see you quoting any scriptures yet. I only see you glorying in murders which your God wld judge with hell fire. When last have you won a soul to christ? Have you taken time to win muslims to Jesus? How many converts do you have? God would not reward you for lives you killed, he would reward you for lives you saved. I guess you don't read your bible.
I quote from two different verses of the bible.

- Stubbornness is like witchcraft
When you try to save the souls that are destructive yet they don't want to be saved,that is STUBBORNNESS.

another verse says

- Suffer not a witch to live.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 06, 2017
HardMirror:

Exactly! Love that scripture. Unfortunately many fools quote it just to appear wise but in actual sense, they are so stuupid, they can't present intelligent argument, so they quote proverbs 26:4.

wink
You are the fool. I know its hard for you but fools usually deny that they are fools
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Image123(m): 6:50am On Feb 06, 2017
HardMirror:

You are the only christian making sense here. It's a shame many profess to be christians but are worse than infidels.
I am not a christian anymore because of issues like this. There is simply no sincerity in the church. The bible is just a book of contradictions. When I was a christian, I knew Jesus could not be pleased with soldiers who kill. It does not just add up. See christians here defending killings, they do so out of their selfish nature. They profess God but don't trust him to protect them.

That's why you eternally fail to understand the actions of soldiers in the old Testament. Soldier or Judge work is not personal grievances or vendetta. It is established law and order approved and ordained by God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Neighbor Is Pressuring Me To Accept God / RCCG 2024 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye. / Dates For Easter In The Past And Coming 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.