Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,875 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger (6174 Views)

How To Move Your Posts From Wordpress To Blogger / How Do I Monetize My Site Aside Google Adsense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by kateskitty(f): 1:17pm On Feb 05, 2017
Wisdomkosi:
How old is the blog?
I think 2 months, because she just gave me the gist about it last year December
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by napoleon77(m): 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2017
kateskitty:

Age of a blog has nothing to do with having a Google Adsense approval. I got mine in October just about a week after I applied. This is my website http://macksonwakama.com/

Just meet all the terms and conditions stated by Google and the website would be approved.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Wisdomkosi(m): 1:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
kateskitty:

you have to wait for like 6 months before applying for adsence
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by napoleon77(m): 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
Wisdomkosi:
you have to wait for like 6 months before applying for adsence

Not true. I am a perfect example that what you wrote is not true

1 Like

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Wisdomkosi(m): 1:50pm On Feb 05, 2017
napoleon77:

Not true. I am a perfect example that what you wrote is not true

How old was your blog before applying?
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by napoleon77(m): 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
Wisdomkosi:

Less than a month
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by trustee20: 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
corperscorner:
I don't know the revenue model you have in mind. But here is the thing no one else would tell you.

A lot of bloggers want to earn by leveraging on adsense simply because they hear Linda...Naij....Vanguard....Stella...etc cash out big on adsense. The truth is....if you are starting out or intend to blog so adsense could make you a living - then you will be disappointed.

Those pretty banners won't be clicked by robots. And for the rational audience, they seek out specific content and not online frivolity. From research and experience, the best way to get those things clicked in usually by spoofing your audience the way Naijaloaded does - which is pretty annoying by the way. Spoofing here entails masking your original content with an adsense element. A typical example is when you jump on a webpage to view Mahida's nak3d video and you click the youtube play icon just to be redirected to sites like onclickads.....etc. It's an easy way to lose your users dear.

Now here is what I think you need to capitalise on. You could stick with WP. I personally love it by the way cos its way flexible - tho might be a little expensive. Engage a telemarketer for an authentic database of the target audience your content might appeal to. Spend some money promoting your contents to these people for some time to get a retainership - say 3months. Check the progress of your site's traffic rating using siteworth or similarweb. Then scout the net or other online media platforms for persistent advertisers and pitch your platform to them.

Believe it or not. Since you weren't lucky enough to be among the early adopters of online media portals such as Nairaland etc - who started out early. This is your only way out for now.

You will grow with time and more people will get to know your platform for its style and uniqueness. You might even end up not needing Google adsense if you handle this properly cos I could personally confirm a few unpopular sites that make over 150k monthly from sponsored publications.

Good luck.
thanks a lot, very insightful. I will need mentoring from you, when I begin my blog.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by napoleon77(m): 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2017
Wisdomkosi:

I registered my domain on 05 October 2016. I got Adsense on 21 October 2016
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2017
napoleon77:

wow that's good
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2017
napoleon77:

they have not accepted my application
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by trustee20: 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
napoleon77:

OK. Sending you a mail in a few minutes. By the way, this is my website http://macksonwakama.com/
. just visited ur site. ur niche is good, but the content is very foreign. look for more naija and African related news on fin tech. weldone. beyond the sky is ur limit.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by napoleon77(m): 2:27pm On Feb 05, 2017
trustee20:
. just visited ur site. ur niche is good, but the content is very foreign. look for more naija and African related news on fin tech. weldone. beyond the sky is ur limit.

Thanks for the complements. Actually, I do have Nigerian and African content although I agree that the bulk of my content may be foreign. Did you see the links below? They refer to Nigerian and African content.

http://macksonwakama.com/?p=695
http://macksonwakama.com/?p=709
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by seifini(m): 3:13pm On Feb 05, 2017
Y'all should hit me up,I am a born-proofreader,editor of articles, blog n articles writer.09020140964:japusam@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by robminds: 4:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
corperscorner:
I don't know the revenue model you have in mind. But here is the thing no one else would tell you.

A lot of bloggers want to earn by leveraging on adsense simply because they hear Linda...Naij....Vanguard....Stella...etc cash out big on adsense. The truth is....if you are starting out or intend to blog so adsense could make you a living - then you will be disappointed.

Those pretty banners won't be clicked by robots. And for the rational audience, they seek out specific content and not online frivolity. From research and experience, the best way to get those things clicked in usually by spoofing your audience the way Naijaloaded does - which is pretty annoying by the way. Spoofing here entails masking your original content with an adsense element. A typical example is when you jump on a webpage to view Mahida's nak3d video and you click the youtube play icon just to be redirected to sites like onclickads.....etc. It's an easy way to lose your users dear.

Now here is what I think you need to capitalise on. You could stick with WP. I personally love it by the way cos its way flexible - tho might be a little expensive. Engage a telemarketer for an authentic database of the target audience your content might appeal to. Spend some money promoting your contents to these people for some time to get a retainership - say 3months. Check the progress of your site's traffic rating using siteworth or similarweb. Then scout the net or other online media platforms for persistent advertisers and pitch your platform to them.

Believe it or not. Since you weren't lucky enough to be among the early adopters of online media portals such as Nairaland etc - who started out early. This is your only way out for now.

You will grow with time and more people will get to know your platform for its style and uniqueness. You might even end up not needing Google adsense if you handle this properly cos I could personally confirm a few unpopular sites that make over 150k monthly from sponsored publications.

Good luck.
true talk dude
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by darlingjoylyn(f): 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2017
I've been thinking of this lately! Althoughy tried one,but couldn't continue as I had no experience. Who can show me the way plz?

A blog or forum
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by napoleon77(m): 1:19pm On Feb 06, 2017
darlingjoylyn:
I've been thinking of this lately! Althoughy tried one,but couldn't continue as I had no experience. Who can show me the way plz?

A blog or forum

I think it depends exactly on what you want to do. A blog (e.g. Linda`s blog) is different from a forum(e.g. Nairaland).
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by darlingjoylyn(f): 4:42pm On Feb 06, 2017
napoleon77:

I think it depends exactly on what you want to do. A blog (e.g. Linda`s blog) is different from a forum(e.g. Nairaland).

Which do you feel profits better?
How much will it cost me to get one?
Thanks
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by napoleon77(m): 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
darlingjoylyn:

Which do you feel profits better?
How much will it cost me to get one?
Thanks

Either can yield profit. It also depends on what level of profit you are aiming at. However, if profit is your main motive, then you need to be prepared to put in extremely hard work and blog for a very very long time.

Pick a niche you are passionate about to start with.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by nomak: 4:57pm On Feb 06, 2017
Here is candid advice my dear you need to know what you want, style of web site you want. In-fact you should pick a niche and try your ability to write articles because the content of the site matters a lot and quality content will bring in more viewers to the website. You must learn to write original content and not copied articles from other websites this is the problem with many interested bloggers. And also, you need not adsense to your since your just starting outas this will derive your viewers to other website when they click on the ads on your site. but if you can run your blog solely without adsense for 3 to 4 months you stand the chance to even get big companies put ads on your site with a huge sum of price at least 150k on the monthly basis to start off.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Starkara: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2022
If you have listened to all the recommendations given to you here and created your site, it is worth thinking about its monetization. They talk about it in detail here https://www.techtricksworld.com/how-to-monetize-your-website/. Don't miss the opportunity to make money from your visitors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? / Php Code For Search Bar / Difference Between Linux Hosting And Window Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.