Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,370 members, 7,833,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont (54280 Views)

Northern Governors Receive Osinbajo As He Land In Kaduna 4 Buhari's PA's Wedding / Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / PDP Rebirth Group Pledges Support For Makarfi Led Faction Of PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by nonjebose(m): 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2017
thornapple:
Obi Ezekwesili always blasting, from regime to regime.
She is one person I respect. She was criticised for being anti-Jonathan and pro-Buhari. I belief she is just a woman with conscience
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:39pm On Feb 05, 2017
nonjebose:

One of the main cardinal points why he was voted into power was because of his perceived anti corruption stance. Alas, he started failing by taking several months before appointing a cabinet that does look as corrupt as that of his predecessor. Fast forward to the present, many of his aides identified to have questionable source of wealth have remained shielded, and are not answerable to anyone. Some of his economic plans of diversifying from oil into other sectors, has seen him very busy prospecting for oil in the chad basin and elsewhere at a time when oil prices are so low. There is no clear cut vigorous pursuit of agricultural, technological or industrial revolution going on.

It will take billions of dollars to pursue agricultural, technological and industrial revolution. With our lack of discipline and wastage of our Natural resources, how are we to achieve these. It is time we sit down, put our heads together and come up with road maps to success. Until then, we will remain followers.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by 0b10010011: 12:39pm On Feb 05, 2017
2sexynet:
stupid Northerner. In 2019, he will be booted out.

grin grin grin

By 5%? grin

Please don't underrate the North-Western alliance. It decides and will continue to decide.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by FunkyMetahuman: 12:39pm On Feb 05, 2017
eph12:

So what do we do now that Buhari has failed so far? Do we wait for two more years to react or we can react now so the remaining two years are better?
yes
We wait 2 years and vote him out.

Your actions will change nothing. He is democratically elected. If the whole world protesting against trumpp changes nothing, how do you think some politically motivated reactions will change anything?
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by mrikay: 12:41pm On Feb 05, 2017
I weep for my country. So the ordinary people can no longer be allowed to gather and air their pain in a peaceful protest again?!

So my beloved country has sunk into a Hitler Style Dictatorship?! So freedom of speech and freedom of association have gone down the drain in my country?

So we have gone back over 20 years to the dark ages of IBB and Abacha? So the Hausa- Fulani Oligarchy has returned in full force?!
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
nonjebose:

One of the main cardinal points why he was voted into power was because of his perceived anti corruption stance. Alas, he started failing by taking several months before appointing a cabinet that does look as corrupt as that of his predecessor. Fast forward to the present, many of his aides identified to have questionable source of wealth have remained shielded, and are not answerable to anyone. Some of his economic plans of diversifying from oil into other sectors, has seen him very busy prospecting for oil in the chad basin and elsewhere at a time when oil prices are so low. There is no clear cut vigorous pursuit of agricultural, technological or industrial revolution going on.

However, I agree with you that the Crude Oil exploration in the North is a total waste of the scarce resources we have. Also, the partial floating of our the Naira is also a terrible idea.

Godwin Emiefele has spend over $5 Billion of our limited resources defending the Naira. I consider this ludicrous when we agree we have scarce resources. I believe a full float and the channelling of these dollars into capital projects would have been a better option. Although things would have gotten harder before the capital projects are ready.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by danigbo(m): 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
I stand with NIGERIA not TUFACE. No government should stop me from CRYING out my PAIN.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by nonjebose(m): 12:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It will take billions of dollars to pursue agricultural, technological and industrial revolution. With our lack of discipline and wastage of our Natural resources, how are we to achieve these. It is time we sit down, put our heads together and come up with road maps to success. Until then, we will remain followers.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by Luciferdevil(m): 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Different groups trying to make political capital out of this.
Shut up ur dirty mouth
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by 2sexynet: 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2017
0b10010011:

grin grin grin

By 5%? grin

Please don't underrate the North-Western alliance. It decides and will continue to decide.

The social media is a powerful force than all your generation can ever garner. It's percolating every pores of the this country and the news is spreading so wide for all to hear what this government has turn the country into. It will shock you to bones when it happened.

When PMB would win, the social media was a major too used and that same tool is on auto pilot right now without no driver unlike the case when APC was in opposition piloting it.

This retreat from 2face alone has done more damage to PMB than you can ever imagine and your ignorance will laugh at you on the last day. Just watch.

The people you support know the power of the internet that's why they tried to clampdown on Social Media. Dude... 2019 will decide. Watch and even the South West has started jumping ship...

1 Like

Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2017
nonjebose:

Pumping in $2 Billion into accelerated sustainable agricultural projects would have made life far easier for Nigerians by now. Another $2 Billion into modular refinery projects would have reduced our dependence on imported Petroleum products. By now, the value of our currency would have increased and price of goods and services would have been on its way down. We would have created jobs for unemployed youths.

This is what I want us demanding from the government and not youths carrying placards screaming enough is enough. We need to go on TV and social media proposing solutions. Demanding the government act in the right direction.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by opichika(m): 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
NA TUBABA START AM''NA HIM COME SAY HE WON STOP AM'' AFTER WATCHIN D WEDA''NIGERIA NA ZOO WEY DEY DO ANY HOW''PLZ 2BABA RUN FPR UR LIFE OOH''B4 DOZE MISCRANT'S GO ADD YOU TO THRE LIST''
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by khalids: 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
Beranco:
m just thinking aloud.......
During the Soviet dictatorship of Joseph Stalin. He was a brutal dictator with mind of his own. On one fateful day, Stalin came to Politburo meeting with a live chicken. Standing in front of audience, He started to pluck the feathers of the live chicken off one by one.

The chicken trembled in pain, blood tricking out of its pores. It gave out grievous cries, but Stalin being a cruel dictator continued without remorse plucking the feathers out until the chicken was completely Unclad.

After which, he threw the chicken on the ground. The Unclad chicken was staggering in pain. Stalin goes into his pocket and from his pockets, he took out some chicken food and started to throw it at the poor & helpless creature.

The poor chicken in pain started eating and Stalin started walking towards his seat. As he walked away, he kept dropping some feeds on the floor & the chicken followed him and sat feeding from his feet.

Joseph Stalin then turned to members of his political party leadership. He said, "This chicken represents the people".

"You must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up, starve them and then leave them".

"If you do this, go into your pocket & give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life, worshiping you".

"They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, you're responsible for their sorrowful situation in the first place."

Breath taking, isn't it ?

Now! Take a look at all the people some Nigerians are busy defending on social media.

Take a look at those they call their heroes. They are the same people who plunged Nigeria into the situation she is. They are the same people who are responsible for their predicament.

#Could this be the Nigerian citizens situation presently?# In ma noble Opinion, i think it is.
Copied.
Wow....wow.....wow
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by kernel501: 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

You are a paid fool
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by defash8: 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2017
Enough is Enough is the original caller of the protest, they just use 2face as lead. We need to continue with the protest
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by nonjebose(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The critical question is, on what platform do followers sit down and put heads together? The political party or electoral system is in favour of corrupt political elites. The followers need a rallying point for such a course of action.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by 0b10010011: 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2017
2sexynet:

The social media is a powerful force than all your generation can ever garner. It's percolating every pores of the this country and the news is spreading so wide for all to hear what this government has turn the country into. It will shock you to bones when it happened.

When PMB would win, the social media was a major too used and that same tool is on auto pilot right now without no driver unlike the case when APC was in opposition piloting it.

This retreat from 2face alone has done more damage to PMB than you can ever imagine and your ignorance will laugh at you on the last day. Just watch.

The people you support know the power of the internet that's why they tried to clampdown on Social Media. Dude... 2019 will decide. Watch and even the South West has started jumping ship...

Hello! The two major parties re APC and PDP which both have zoned there presidency to the North till 2023.

So nothing really new would happen even beyound 2023. Cos nothing happens without the North in real sense.

If so choose to get there, you have to align.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by logica(m): 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

...and is the money being used to beam torchlight into the earth all over chad in a futile search for oil not running into billions?
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by jide333(m): 12:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
to hell with 2face.. to hell with those supporting the protest in usa and yet condemning our plan to protest here.. una no go ku re!
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:02pm On Feb 05, 2017
logica:
...and is the money being used to beam torchlight into the earth all over chad in a futile search for oil not running into billions?

If you read further, I already stated my disheartened view of the Northern Crude Oil exploration. This is a very wrong time to do that.

This is the kind of thing we should kick against. Targets, specific problems. I also want us using different avenues to propagate our message instead of marching into a field surrounded by barrels of the guns.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by irynterri(f): 1:05pm On Feb 05, 2017
Beranco:
m just thinking aloud.......
During the Soviet dictatorship of Joseph Stalin. He was a brutal dictator with mind of his own. On one fateful day, Stalin came to Politburo meeting with a live chicken. Standing in front of audience, He started to pluck the feathers of the live chicken off one by one.

The chicken trembled in pain, blood tricking out of its pores. It gave out grievous cries, but Stalin being a cruel dictator continued without remorse plucking the feathers out until the chicken was completely Unclad.

After which, he threw the chicken on the ground. The Unclad chicken was staggering in pain. Stalin goes into his pocket and from his pockets, he took out some chicken food and started to throw it at the poor & helpless creature.

The poor chicken in pain started eating and Stalin started walking towards his seat. As he walked away, he kept dropping some feeds on the floor & the chicken followed him and sat feeding from his feet.

Joseph Stalin then turned to members of his political party leadership. He said, "This chicken represents the people".

"You must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up, starve them and then leave them".

"If you do this, go into your pocket & give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life, worshiping you".

"They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, you're responsible for their sorrowful situation in the first place."

Breath taking, isn't it ?

Now! Take a look at all the people some Nigerians are busy defending on social media.

Take a look at those they call their heroes. They are the same people who plunged Nigeria into the situation she is. They are the same people who are responsible for their predicament.

#Could this be the Nigerian citizens situation presently?# In ma noble Opinion, i think it is.
Copied.
this is the best post I have ever read, I am forwarding it to all my whatsapp contacts
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:06pm On Feb 05, 2017
nonjebose:

The critical question is, on what platform do followers sit down and put heads together? The political party or electoral system is in favour of corrupt political elites. The followers need a rallying point for such a course of action.

That is my problem with Tuface, other celebrities and business magnates that oppose this government.

Tuface has enough funds and links to organize youth forums in different parts of the country for youths to generate road maps to move us forward.

We need to attract lots of our brilliant young mind to propose solution for nation buildings. We also have social media groups we could set up to deliberate our problems. After that, we can use the generated plans to demand improvement. If we do not have solutions, we can not lead.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by logica(m): 1:07pm On Feb 05, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

If you read further, I already stated my disheartened view of the Northern Crude Oil exploration. This is a very wrong time to do that.

This is the kind of thing we should kick against. Targeted, specific problems. I also want us using different avenues to propagate our message instead of marching into a field surrounded by barrels of the gun.
Yes, wrong timing. But even more critically it is a pointer. How can an administration led by an Establishment man like Buhari make such a "blunder"? It of course isn't a blunder but indicative of the push of the administration.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:10pm On Feb 05, 2017
logica:
Yes, wrong timing. But even more critically it is a pointer. How can an administration led by an Establishment man like Buhari make such a "blunder"? It of course isn't a blunder but indicative of the push of the administration.

My quest is for us to bridge the gap between the youths and the minister of Finance. We need to hear more from Hon. Kemi Adeosun and she needs to listen.

We can not continue investing in White Elephant projects, while the nation burns. We need to stop that Northern exploration when some agricultural investment can reduce our suffering
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by eph12(m): 1:15pm On Feb 05, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
yes
We wait 2 years and vote him out.

Your actions will change nothing. He is democratically elected. If the whole world protesting against trumpp changes nothing, how do you think some politically motivated reactions will change anything?
So this is politically and not economically motivated? At what stage does it get to before it becomes economically motivated?
In case you don't know, the purpose of protest is for the government to have a rethink and should in case they probably think they are on the right path then they know they are not. It's a normal practice done everywhere and have been known to be efficient in a sane society. So what happens if he is voted out and the person that comes in churns out worse policies too? We stay calm and wait for another four years again?
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2017
Fela lost his properties, his freedom and even his mother to the Nigerian struggle.

What did you guys do? You voted in the man who did it all to him.

Clap for yourselves. #Copied

Most Nigerians are bad students of history.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by fotadmowmend(m): 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Maybe..... The protest can not be peaceful given the current political atmosphere
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by vioment: 1:24pm On Feb 05, 2017
The govt. can take her to court or try to stop the protest through the courts, something they can serve to her today or very early tomorrow. Even video serving her the court papers.
Protest all you want but don't be inconsiderate to the few people that go to work on that day. Protest in a specific site/building is not horrible in my opinion; but a march/protest done without planning and logistics is horrible. Don't disrupt the ones who are still working in this economy. Am sure she supports an idea of low unemployment in Nigeria. Use your brain Mrs ezekwesili.

1 Like

Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by Banter1(m): 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2017
2face is tufaced
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by howfarwhatagwan: 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
It always saddens my heart when I read comments. what a divided country. I think Nigerians simply do not understand the meaning of democracy. We all still have that dictatorship mentality. Everyone shouting Buhari and Osinbajo meanwhile we all have representatives and senators who do nothing and go home with huge allowances when are we going to start demanding they represent our interests? Two men cannot have greater power than 360 men. We all know the reps and senators representing our constituencies start from there. One of the longest serving senator is from Benue state and I still do not see him fighting for the interest of his constituency (2 baba is from that constituency by the way).

Everyone has different levels of understanding so you can never have everyone agree about an issue. if 2 baba wants to protest he has the right to do so and if he has chosen not to go ahead he still has the right to do so just as those who have not supported the protest also have the right to do so it is a matter of tolerance and making sure you do not lord your views over others.

2 Baba may be sincere with his reasons for protesting but he has no control over other people's motives so I do not blame him for cancelling. By the way there are other more effective ways of protesting and I believe if he explores those ways it will also be beneficial at least he has got the audience and he also had the guts to do what many have not had the guts to do... so whatever the case kudos to him. But my brother next time no announce am too quick think am well, well before you announce and don't make the notice too long otherwise you will still face the challenge of vested interests hijacking.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by ancientbanana: 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
Watch c a pro buhari group will lunch a rally n u won't hear any story of insecurity. But someday they will b an unplanned revolution in Nigeria not just a planned protest.
Re: Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont by ancientbanana: 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2017
0b10010011:

grin grin grin

By 5%? grin

the north is the cos of Nigeria's backwardness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Scores Killed As Troops Storm Ogbaru In Search Of Unknown Gunmen (Graphic Photos / Atiku Reacts To Huge Turnout At PDP Mega Rally In Buhari's State, Katsina(pics) / Femi Fani-kayode Releases Statement About The Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.