Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting (2582 Views)

Toyota Camry 2010 Vs Honda Accord 2010-why Is Toyota More Marketable? / Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting / I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Oh! I see sad . This case bad. Just find an automotive tech That will prescribe the right work to be done after proper and extensive diagnosis.
God bless you Mr gazzuzz, currently the car is parked where it broke down, I've been to busy
Thank God for my civic
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by fabiomatic(m): 7:52pm On Feb 07, 2017
Why is nobody talking about brain box? Brainbox could be bad u know?
grrrhh:
We bought the car in Abj and cleaned the plugs, it drove down without any issues (only tmps and engine light). When it got down, someone did over sabi and topped the power steering oil, the power steering packed up( it was subsequently fixed), I drove to a filling station (not my regular) , to get fuel before going for a party, the car drove to the party well (15km), after the party the car started well and was moving, it now started jerking then started crawling finally it stopped, I waited and started it , it managed to crawl home. I called my local mechanic the following day, he said the fuel was bad and "has entered the engine " , we changed the fuel and oil.
The following morning as I started the car, I heard a grinding noise that subsided in less than a second (this continued up till now), the VSA and traction control light had come up, the car was lagging before accelerating, it struggled to climb hill and it was guzzling fuel, but it was still cruising. One the 31st I was driving to the village, I was in a holdup for 3hrs and my AC was on after the hold up cleared, the lost all powe and was crawling at less than 20km/h , I parked and waited for 30mins before I restarted the car, it came alive and kept moving my mech says it was the plugs , I Changed the plugs (this plugs turned out to be worse, the lost of power was occurring more frequently over shorter distances especially with AC)
I told a friend and he recommended a mechanic at onitsha, the mechanic drove the car abit he came to 3 conclusions
-Timing chain needs adjustment
-fuel pump needs changing
-nozzle needs cleaning
They scanned the car and it was dropping some camshaft codes, we changed the sensor, opened the engine block and corrected the timing chain (without a computer ), also changed the fuel pump, 4 days later and 80k poorer, we came back turned the car, the only light showing was tmps,I was ecstatic, we left the mechanics shop around 6, I hadn't driven up to 3 minutes on a hill when I heard a cranking noise, all the lights came back.
Managed it to owerri like that doing 60-80 ( it's a 90km drive)
The following day as I driving I heard another cranking noise and the lights
cleared, I detoured and took a spin doing some hard acceleration (I heard timing chain is vulnerable at high rpm), nothing happened so I drove home. The engine light still came up but the car was performing well till this last incident
You asked for it
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
fabiomatic:
Why is nobody talking about brain box? Brainbox could be bad u know?
What are the symptoms
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by fabiomatic(m): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2017
grrrhh:

What are the symptoms
electrical malfunctioning. The whole system would be imbalance.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by sultaan(m): 8:56am On Feb 08, 2017
The initial problem was caused by the mechanic that cleaned the original spark plug he must have swapped the wires on the coils so you had multiple misfire causing your VSC light to come on. The guy who worked on the chain was the one that really nailed the coffin messing everything up.

If the timing marks on the are aligned I think he missed the timing on the oil pump there is a thread here where someone found out the timing on oil pump is crucial

https://www.nairaland.com/2384754/advice-needed-repair-2008-honda/1

go through that thread
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
sultaan:
The initial problem was caused by the mechanic that cleaned the original spark plug he must have swapped the wires on the coils so you had multiple misfire causing your VSC light to come on. The guy who worked on the chain was the one that really nailed the coffin messing everything up.

If the timing marks on the are aligned I think he missed the timing on the oil pump there is a thread here where someone found out the timing on oil pump is crucial

https://www.nairaland.com/2384754/advice-needed-repair-2008-honda/1

go through that thread

The highlighted is not possible on this model, the lenght of the harness will not allow it.
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by sultaan(m): 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

The highlighted is not possible on this model, the lenght of the harness will not allow it.

It's our people can you guarantee it?

The problem he had after cleaning the spark plug was typical of misfire, he never mentioned any scan on the car and unfortunately they worked on the car without a shop manual.

Maybe a coil was not properly reconnected but the initial symptom was a minor issue before the timing chain fiasco
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
so I've been away for a while
I towed the car in on Monday and got an engine misfire DTS (p0300), the engr opened the engine and after analyzing from top to bottom told me
-timing was poorly fixed
-a screw in crankshaft was missing
The poorly fixed timing had affected the engine so badly that the piston was hitting the valve and it was bent. Long story short
They want to change a lot of things in the engines and it's totaling 230k, I told him in not interested I'll get another engine

Cc
gazzuzz
sultaan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hire Purchase Business:how Safe Is It? / An Advice On 2004 Acura Tl / Photos: A Car With Wooden Interior. Hot Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.