Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us (797 Views)

My Wife, Who Hurt You In Your Past? / No Man Has The Power To Handle My Waist For More Than 30 Seconds / My Wife, Who Hurt You In Your Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by dukeokafor(m): 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2017
One friday in December 2016, my friend came to my room crying profusely like as if someone from his family died. At first, I was taken aback because he was the least person I expected to see cry. He has the whole macho thing going on for him, he's more built and taller than I am. So, ordinarily I just felt it would be hard for someone like that to shed tears. grin

So, after I calmed him down, I then asked what made him cry. He told me it was his girlfriend that made him cry. She doesn't care for him, he doesn't think she loves him, he keeps trying to make her happy but it seems everything he does ain't good enough. He was even trying to talk to her and she walk out on him without saying a word even when she saw him cry. He added that he's not sure he could take it anymore. 'Wawu!' shocked

I felt his pain. He is in love. I asked him, "what do you want to do?". 'I no do again', he said. I said nothing, just kept telling him to calm down. Today, not up to 20 minutes ago, I saw him and the girl all loved up and I just shook my head with mixed feelings.

Love, we give power to the people who hurt us, all in the name of love. Why do we have this fear that we are gonna lose them? At the end, we will. But, do we let them take a part of us too while they go? No. A love that makes us lose ourselves negatively in the process is not worth it. You are to lose yourself in order to grow stronger and not weaker.

Take note.

1 Like

Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by yhermmie(f): 3:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
That's true...
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2017
ajaga...i get this girl weh de for ajah...she de like to the travel agala...she de like to dance galala
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by kunlexy1759(m): 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
Power of love.
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by NevetsIbot(m): 5:09pm On Feb 05, 2017
lol.... Anygirl tha thinks i'll cry for her is on a long thing
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by TrapHedges(m): 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2017
Woe to the niggas tat cry over girls
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
NevetsIbot:
lol.... Anygirl tha thinks i'll cry for her is on a long thing
You have not met your match grin
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by NevetsIbot(m): 5:34pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stupedinluv:
cos there will never be
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stupedinluv:

U want a guy, that wl cry for you.. .lol.??

Not here in Nigeria grin

#YOLO
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by lodphil(m): 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2017
Who has time for that luv shit,that crap is non-existent.The luv crap is only another form of trade by barter
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by firstking01(m): 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2017
dukeokafor:

One friday in December 2016, my friend came to my room crying profusely like as if someone from his family died. At first, I was taken aback because he was the least person I expected to see cry. He has the whole macho thing going on for him, he's more built and taller than I am. So, ordinarily I just felt it would be hard for someone like that to shed tears. grin

So, after I calmed him down, I then asked what made him cry. He told me it was his girlfriend that made him cry. She doesn't care for him, he doesn't think she loves him, he keeps trying to make her happy but it seems everything he does ain't good enough. He was even trying to talk to her and she walk out on him without saying a word even when she saw him cry. He added that he's not sure he could take it anymore. 'Wawu!' shocked

I felt his pain. He is in love. I asked him, "what do you want to do?". 'I no do again', he said. I said nothing, just kept telling him to calm down. Today, not up to 20 minutes ago, I saw him and the girl all loved up and I just shook my head with mixed feelings.

Love, we give power to the people who hurt us, all in the name of love. Why do we have this fear that we are gonna lose them? At the end, we will. But, do we let them take a part of us too while they go? No. A love that makes us lose ourselves negatively in the process is not worth it. You are to lose yourself in order to grow stronger and not weaker.

Take note.
At a point in our cylindrical lives we give power to people to hurt us which is why i define love as giving someone the opportunity to hurt us but trusting they won't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2017
richommie:

U want a guy, that wl cry for you.. .lol.??
Not here in Nigeria grin

#YOLO
LMAO I must have been dreaming when they happened
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stupedinluv:

LMAO I must have been dreaming when that happened

Nah nah bae. grin
Am different .

#YOLO
Re: We Give Power To Those Who Hurt Us by TuneChi369(m): 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
True bro...Love Sha.

(1) (Reply)

My Plans For Valentines Day (very Hilarious) / 13 Reasons The Girl Who Hates People Is Actually The Perfect Girlfriend / Lose Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.