Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,547 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

"I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina (28833 Views)

Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment / Why My Father Is Not Aware Of Poor State Of Aso Rock Clinic –zahra / Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by 247frolicboss(m): 6:14am On Feb 06, 2017
Anxiety as Buhari extends medical vacation

..Again writes NASS, IBB returns from medical trip in Switzerland

The growing anxiety over President Mu­hammadu Buhari’s health in the United Kingdom (UK) heightened on Sunday when he wrote to the National Assembly requesting for an extension of his stay.

Buhari was scheduled to return to Abuja yesterday af­ter about two weeks in London for vacation and medical check­up. He was scheduled to resume work today.
But in a press statement yes­terday evening, the President’s Media Adviser, Mr. Femi Ades­ina, said that Buhari had in­formed the National Assem­bly that he would stay back for some test results recommend­ed by his doctors.

He was however silent on when actually the President would be returning to the coun­try.

In the statement, Adesina stated: “President Muhammadu Buhari has written to the Na­tional Assembly today, February 5, 2017, informing of his desire to extend his leave in order to com­plete and receive the results of a series of tests recommended by his doctors.

“The President had planned to return to Abuja this evening, but was advised to complete the test cycle before returning. The notice has since been dispatched to the Senate President and the Speaker, House of Representa­tives.

“Mr. President expresses his sincere gratitude to Nigerians for their concern, prayers and kind wishes,” he said.

Signs that President Buhari would not return today as sched­uled began to show earlier in the day when the relevant Presidency officials were not specific to jour­nalists regarding the time of the arrival of the president.
It was also observed that the protocol and security units of the Presidency which usually did not take such matters lightly, had not made any visible arrangement to receive the President at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

Buhari departed Abuja for London on January 19, 2017 after informing the National Assembly that he intended going on a short vacation during which he would also undergo a medical checkup and return on February 6, 2017.

Adesina had then issued a statement saying that “President Muhammadu Buhari leaves for the United Kingdom today on a short leave, which is part of his annual vacation. He is expected to resume work on February 6, 2017.

Acting President Yemi Osin­bajo has held sway since then, de­spite equally wild rumours that he was under pressure to step down in order not to succeed Buhari, should he become incapable of returning safe and sound from London.

Amidst the apprehension and rumours, some Nigerians have demanded for Buhari’s public appearance in London or at least, an address to assure them of his health status.

However, no such thing has happened except some of his pic­tures with visitors, including his wife, put out on the social media by unofficial sources.

While these pictures have be­come disputed by some Nigerians and now issues of controversy, the Presidency or the Federal Gov­ernment has not reacted to them.

Since Thursday the indica­tions were there that President Buhari would not return as stat­ed in his earlier letter to the Na­tional Assembly.

It was learnt that the devel­opment informed the visit of the Senate President Bukola Sara­ki and House of Representatives Speaker, Hon. Yakubu Dogara meeting with Osinbajo.

The Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Malam Abubakar Malami, was also with Osinbajo on Thursday night where they were looking at how to go around the problem of Bu­hari not returning as scheduled, considering that he wrote saying he would be out of the country for specific days.

As the social media tumbled over, churning out speculations on the President’s actual health status, Femi Adesina, the Spe­cial Adviser (Media and Publici­ty) to President Buhari came out later in the day to clarify the Pres­ident’s health status.

Speaking to Seun Okinba­loye on Channels TV (Sunday Politics), Femi Adesina made the following clarifications:

‘’When the President was leaving on January 19, we said he was going to take a vacation and also do some medical check-ups. The essence of medical check-up is to find out the state of your be­ing, and that test can mean a lot of things.

The situation now is that se­ries of tests have been conducted and his doctors have advised that he stays back so that the cycle can be completed.

Adesina explained futher that: “there’s medical-doctor-patient-confidentiality. No doc­tor will reveal his patient’s state of health to you as an individual”.

Asked if he is aware of the President’s health status, Adesina said: “I am not aware of the Pres­ident’s health status, but if there is anything serious, the onus lies on the President to disclose or not to disclose. But, when his doctor gives him a clean bill of health, he will return.
“I am sure it will get to a point when the President has to disclose the status of his health if it needs to be disclosed; if it is something serious to be dis­closed”.

Agency reports at the week­end claimed that the President is suffering from a severe condition called Meniere’s Disease.

Meniere’s disease is caused by improper fluid drainage, im­mune disease, allergies, viral in­fection, genetic predisposition, or head trauma.

Experts said people suffering from the disease condition expe­rience the following symptoms: regular episodes of vertigo, which is when a person feels as if he/she or the objects around them are moving when they are not.
“Often, it feels like a spinning or swaying movement. This may be associated with nausea, vom­iting, sweating, or difficulties in walking,” the experts said.

Other symptoms would show incidences of falling down, as the individual might lose balance and fall as though he/she has epilepsy; hearing loss, which in Meniere’s disease, may come and go, par­ticularly early on. Eventually, most people have some perma­nent hearing loss.

There is also ringing in the ear (Tinnitus): Tinnitus is the percep­tion of a ringing, buzzing, roaring, whistling or hissing sound in your ear; feeling of fullness in the ear.
According to the experts, Meniere’s disease has no cure. The worse of this is the epileptic-like seizures that accompany the dis­ease.

“During an acute attack like this, patients are advised to lie down on a firm surface, stay as mo­tionless as possible, with eyes open and fixed on a stationary object.

“Patients are also advised not try to drink or sip water immedi­ately, as this might lead to vomit­ing,” they said.
Babangida returns from med­ical trip to Switzerland
Meanwhile, former Military President, Gen. Ibrahim Badama­si Babangida (IBB), has returned to Nigeria after a seven-week medical vacation in Switzerland.
He arrived at the Minna In­ternational Airport on Saturday at 6.45pm.

Alighting from the aircraft, Babangida expressed gratitude for prayers and goodwill messag­es from different quarters during his vacation.

He said: “I am feeling stronger and better now. I must thank Ni­gerians immensely for the prayers and concerns over my health. I must use this opportunity to also call on Nigerians to continue to pray for the leaders and the coun­try to move forward in positive di­rection”.
“We should remain united and work collectively towards the pro­gress of our nation by thinking pos­itively about the leaders and pro­viding constructive criticisms and solutions to any challenge we may face.”

On the situation in the coun­try, Babangida said that the current economic recession is not peculiar to Nigeria. He said: “I am aware that other countries face different polit­ical, social and economic challeng­es. I believe the current government is working assiduously towards ad­dressing some of the issues.”

Babangida left Nigeria for medical vacation in Europe on De­cember 18, 2016.

http://authorityngr.com/2017/02/Anxiety-as-Buhari-extends-medical-vacation/

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by Oladimejyy(m): 6:22am On Feb 06, 2017
What just know is that PMB is not dead,nothing more. #ISTANDWITHBUHARIPATIENTLY

5 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by eposho: 6:33am On Feb 06, 2017
This is a born again pastor ohh.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by MakeADifference: 6:34am On Feb 06, 2017
Clueless by nature

15 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by kolaitan(m): 6:35am On Feb 06, 2017
Thank you Oga Adesina, only time will tell cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by MisterGrace: 6:37am On Feb 06, 2017
His answers are not even straight forward.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by Chibabi(m): 6:39am On Feb 06, 2017
Someone should help me recall the 15000 Zombies that have gone to welcome Buhari. Or do they still want to stand with him @the airport?

144 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by Blizzy9ja: 6:50am On Feb 06, 2017
We'll still find out the truth... We are waiting, same way we waited 4 Yar' adua

19 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:53am On Feb 06, 2017
There isn't any clarification with this explanation. You can't clarify what you don't know

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by sweerychick(f): 6:53am On Feb 06, 2017
Una go twist story tire

12 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by godaniel(m): 7:00am On Feb 06, 2017
Ok
Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by amarachi06(f): 7:11am On Feb 06, 2017
Adesina goes on to explain that: there's medical-doctor-patient-
confidentiality. No doctor will reveal his patient state of health to you as an
individual.

PMB is no longer a private person since 2015,

He should open up and tell us his problems cos l believe he has been inflicted from many quarters in Nigeria.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by dunkem21(m): 7:16am On Feb 06, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
There isn't any clarification with this explanation. You can't clarify what you don't know

cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by migeoart(f): 7:19am On Feb 06, 2017
I dnt just get this people! if Buhari is dead they should just come out plain to inform the masses I don't wish him dead but everyone must die and age is no longer on his side, death is like pregnancy you can't hide it forever!
Anyway if he is still alive he should come back and clean the mess
God bless Nigeria !!!!!!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by Saheed9: 7:27am On Feb 06, 2017
talking about the so called tests. but they knew he went for those test and when the results will be released so why wait till the last day to announce the extension. so Adesina now admits Buhari is sick. I really don't envy his job right now.

14 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by kolado(m): 7:33am On Feb 06, 2017
Adesina is just 'oliver twisting' the news about the president's health status. He should be plain in telling us the truth about his health. Buhari is not bigger than Nigeria and Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by oloriooko(m): 8:04am On Feb 06, 2017
This dude is making a fuul of himself in the present and future angry
Why do Yorubas always take the position of chief liars on-behalf sef?
During yardua na afonja dey blow lie after the guy don kpeme, now it's adesina, what a race of people sad

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 06, 2017
The news of PMB's extention of "sick leave" have got me suffused with emotional narcolepsy.

Simply put, indeed, there was a country!!!
Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by IstandWitNAIJA: 8:06am On Feb 06, 2017
this same femi lie adesina was on kubanji direct to state clearly that president buhari is hale and hearty..that he is fine..as at last wek..he said he spoke with him and also with his doctors.. that hes just on a vacation...

now this same idiot is telling us,he is no more aware of the health status.. na lie go kill you bastard

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 8:06am On Feb 06, 2017
This country is a joke. What do they even take us for?

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by Dandsome: 8:07am On Feb 06, 2017
Then any info you're giving is incomplete

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by folks4luv(f): 8:07am On Feb 06, 2017
somethings can not be hidden forever, history will soon expose those playing on our intelligence, ask Segun Adeniyi.

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by three: 8:07am On Feb 06, 2017
Are you yet too be convinced that these guys have redefined 'cluelessness' and don't intend to be respsnisble in any way?

We need to redefine our actions on Social Media, Join A Political Party and Raise Competent Candidates for 2019 and get these misfits out.

The problems can't be solved overnight but they can be solved nonetheless .
A chief criteria of Politics is foresight and patience, we tend to forget the little seeds and look for big revolutions then get frustrated cos it seems this 'revolution' won't come.

Political revolutions begin with as little as a mosquito bite and swirl into a whirlwind.

2 Years from now most people will wish they had started today.

When do you think Tinubu started plotting the demise of the PDP with his grand mega party plan, do you realise he was scoffed at?

You reading this, do you not think you're more intelligent than some of these leaders? so how come you're reading this and not vying for political office?

Get UP!

WAKE UP!!!

...or you think you can't be governor, senator or president? then don't complain when misfits lord it over you

#NigeriaElections2019DoItYourself
#NigeriaElections2019StartNow

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by link2ok(m): 8:08am On Feb 06, 2017
Clowns running the affairs of a nation as big as Nigeria what do you expect.

You can't hide the truth 4eva,spare yourself the shame and tell us what we need to know.

We all are not as myopic as zonb. You can feed them with anytin and they would swallow it.

We want to know the fate of that clown in London.

#istandwithnigeria

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by acunon: 8:08am On Feb 06, 2017
This is getting serious daily.
Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by kings09(m): 8:08am On Feb 06, 2017
Ok
Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by INTROVERT(f): 8:09am On Feb 06, 2017
Please where are all those buhari trekkers.. We have to send them to London to inquire the situation grin grin ASAP

9 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by HarveySpecter1: 8:10am On Feb 06, 2017
This pig should shut up

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 06, 2017
Osinbajo is the west's choice and agent, put in place by imperialist neocolonialist agents within the APC waiting for Buhari's removal.

Did you know Osinbajo helped Pfizer get off lightly during the legal case brought against them by Kano state, for deaths and crippling of Nigerian children, who they used to test their drugs. Osinbajo is definitely a sleeping Western agent.

He would take more IMF loans and devalue Naira, you thought you had it bad now?

Virtually all honest competent African leaders in history that genuinely seeks return of looted funds and/ or defies IMF dictates, is removed from office before too long.
Either they are overthrown, have an unfortunate plane crash or they succumb to mystery illnesses.

Yaradua
Abacha
Idi Amin
Sankara
Lumumba
Buhari first coming as military ruler
Nkrumah
Atta-Mills
Gbabo
At least a dozen others.

When Buhari asked these white thiefs for our looted money they have been stalling because they are aware of their plan to remove him before too long.

We Africans need to wake up and cut our ties with these white devils if we are to ever develop.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South African Reacts To A Statue Of Jacob Zuma In Imo, Nigeria / Igede Ekiti Youths Resist Arrest Of Dapo Olagunju, Irepodun/ifelodun LG Chairman / NAF Inducts 20 Military Dogs Trained In Explosives Detection, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.