Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread (44022 Views)

Poll: Which team will win the 2010 African Cup of Nations?

Nigeria: 46% (114 votes)
Ivory Coast: 24% (61 votes)
Ghana: 6% (15 votes)
Cameroon: 6% (17 votes)
Angola: 1% (4 votes)
Algeria: 0% (0 votes)
Egypt: 13% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by twinskenny(m): 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2010
wow i didnt see the game, that will give Mali some more incentive
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by oluclem(m): 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2010
hollandis:

I wonder if Amodu can tutor his side to score more than 2 goals in a single match
Amodu kee, that man is confused, he doesn't know what is doing.

cold:

Oh u're suddenly proud of keshi eh.What if the game had ended 4 nil wld still feel the same way?save your praises for later,it's still early days

I'm always proud of keshi and Siasia, ( the are the best coach from Nigeria) he does it first with Togo, now is Mali, May be he will do it with super eagles one day
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by waju03(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2010
WTF! r u guys telling me dat dis game ended in a draw the last time i checked on the scores it was angola 4-1 mali in the 88th minutes.my friend just asked me d scores and i told him angola crushed mali shocked.the game of football is unpredictable.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by debosky(m): 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2010
tkb417:

Debosky
U wish u picked Keita?
What do u know about football apart from Arsenal
Come for tutorials
Lol

Sharrap - we'll see where you end up in the league. tongue

Useless ex Utd player Manucho can't score one-on-ones grin

Because you get lucky goals today you dey make noise.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by kshow1(m): 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2010
what a game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by furacao(m): 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2010
Angola showed inexperience in defence not to be able to hold on to win tonight. All those goals came from crosses. Something they will have to work on for the next game as they try to improve. Kali (Captain) had earleir mentioned this, that they are not a force in African football but are trying to get there. They haven't got any big names but have home advantage. Let's see how well Algeria are,
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by ikennahill: 12:51am On Jan 11, 2010
that match na real game, i am happy for keshi sha,but togo have gone home due to the shooting.i will blame CAF because the rebels warn hin about what they call their home land cabinda, pls read about this area in internet, why will people use humans to show that that place is still part of angola,rubish, they should shift other teams from cabinda before those rebels attack again, dead people do not play foot ball ,why are they using ghanians, togoleses ,ivorians,etc for this politics, the rebels warned taht more attacks are coming and we are joking with that, what a continent
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 1:13am On Jan 11, 2010
nice game, started slowly but ended dramatically. loved all the 8 goals, knew it was gonna end in a draw but not that scoreline.

won't miss tomorrow's matches.

Bye bye togo, come back 2012, God is with you.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by An0nimus: 3:01am On Jan 11, 2010
The Angolans relaxed a lil bit too early.dem bin think say dem don arrive.lol
make we pray say every body wey enter that Cabinda stadium 2day really come watch match o!. . .
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by rasputinn(m): 5:56am On Jan 11, 2010
tkb417:

I love Keita
I hate Angola

tkb419 grin grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by rasputinn(m): 6:04am On Jan 11, 2010
I'm so happy for Keshi
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by rasputinn(m): 6:05am On Jan 11, 2010
Boy,you can't get more quality headers than the ones in this game
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 7:17am On Jan 11, 2010
Angola 4-4 Mali

Mali pulled off a stunning fightback to draw 4-4 with Angola after trailing 4-0 with 11 minutes left in the opening game of the Africa Cup of Nations.

The hosts went 2-0 up in the first half thanks to two headers from striker Flavio, while Gilberto and Manucho scored a penalty each to make it four.

But Mali grabbed one back when Seydou Keita stabbed home from close range.

Frederic Kanoute headed in a second before Keita and Mustapha Yatabare scored in injury time in Luanda.

The first ever match at the 11 November Stadium provided a thrilling start to a Nations Cup that had been overshadowed by Friday's gun attack on the Togolese team, who have been withdrawn by their government and flown home.

But the Palancas Negras' late collapse will infuriate their Portuguese coach Manuel Jose, who saw his team throw away what seemed a certain three points.

"This draw tasted like a defeat to me, this is one of the most bitter pills I've ever had to swallow in all the matches of my long career," said Jose.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8450491.stm
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Emperoh(m): 7:24am On Jan 11, 2010
rasputinn:

Boy,you can't get more quality headers than the ones in this game

Flavio and Kanoutes where top notch!!
Gosh. . . Kanoute own na Penalty!!

What s thrilling game. . . .i hope others games will be as dramatic!!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 7:28am On Jan 11, 2010
How dare anyone say Angola was rubbish? They played better for most part of the match and went 4 goals up. Deservedly so too. Soft penalties maybe but they were LEGIT to the core and you won't see better and more quality headers than Flavio's. And Yes Kanoutes was CLASS! cheesy

Angola's coach made the mistake of pulling their star man off (he sent the wrong signal! Reminds me of Rafa grin ). . .and even if he had to do that, he should have simple packed his MF and defence. Heck he could have played 3 DMs'.

Keshi on the other hand moved his full backs up and they provided the super comeback.

Manucho should have killed the game and the moment Mali got one back, you could see the writing on the wall.
Truth be told, their keeper was messed up BIG TIME though he pulled one outstanding save from Diarra.

What a start to the tournament.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by princekevo(m): 8:12am On Jan 11, 2010
Am sure Keshi must have instigated that old Nigerian spirit of playing to the last whistle.
It takes a coach with techniques to come back from 4-0 to 4-4.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by slimshay(m): 8:17am On Jan 11, 2010
Common FBS, removing your star man 80th minute at 4-0 is called giving him rest for the next game. There is noting tactical or 'messagy' about that. Mali just did what had to be done, they kept their spirit until the end of the game. Kudos.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 8:27am On Jan 11, 2010
slimshay:

Common FBS, removing your star man 80th minute at 4-0 is called giving him rest for the next game. There is noting tactical or 'messagy' about that. Mali just did what had to be done, they kept their spirit until the end of the game. Kudos.
He sent the wrong signal and even if there was nothing wrong in doing so, he should have packed the midfield and defence. Something he failed to do. Rafa made the same mistake when he took Torres off with 3 or so mins to go and I'm sure you remember what happened. Football is played for 90 mins +.
If you watch the match you should understand what I am saying. Mali had no single shot on goal in the first half and most of the second half.

I am taking nothing away from Keshi and Mali. They played the last 10 mins like they meant it and the goals kept coming. Another 2-3 minutes and they could have scored a fifth.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by chrisical(m): 8:32am On Jan 11, 2010
An enthralling start to the nations cup.Mali will be boosted by this miraculous comeback.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by sholasys: 8:47am On Jan 11, 2010
Actually the Angola's coach not only send a wrong signal , also made a tactical blunder. Gilberto was the engine room with pace. He worked the first goal, caused the two penalty and score one. He tot he had won the game. I dont think he removed him bc he want him to rest for the next game. Am sure if he wasn't leading he wouldn't have removed him.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 8:50am On Jan 11, 2010
sholasys:

Actually the Angola's coach not only send a wrong signal , also made a tactical blunder. Gilberto was the engine room with pace. He worked the first goal, caused the two penalty and score one. He tot he had won the game. I dont think he removed him bc he want him to rest for the next game. Am sure if he wasn't leading he wouldn't have removed him.
Thank you. God bless you. You understand this thing called footie. cheesy
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 9:07am On Jan 11, 2010
CAF confirm Togo exit, but they may return

Togo have finally left the 2010 African Nations Cup, although their future in the tournament remains shrouded in uncertainty after it emerged they have asked to return to Angola at a later date.

The players were ordered back to Togo against their wishes by the country's leading governmental figures on Sunday. The decision - made by Togolese prime minister Gilbert Fossoun Houngbo and president Faure Gnassingbe - came after the players had performed a U-turn and decided to play as a mark of respect to the dead.

And they may still get their wish after it emerged sports minister Christophe Tchao had asked for their place in the tournament remain open.

He told reporters before the squad left Cabinda: ''We have ordered a three-day mourning. The players are leaving with the bodies of their fallen brothers and we have asked the Confederation of African Football (CAF) to find an arrangement so we can catch up with the competition later.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=723537&sec=global&cc=5739
--------

And why is everyone (Borat especially grin) saying it was Adebayor who wanted the boys home?
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 9:40am On Jan 11, 2010
FBS:

And why is everyone (Borat especially grin) saying it was Adebayor who wanted the boys home?

The same media you quoted stated that Adebayor wanted to leave and was trying to convince others into leaving, so don't blame borat and co, blame the swinging media.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 9:53am On Jan 11, 2010
^^^ I see that you are one of "them". hehehehe. . . grin grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by bandely(m): 9:58am On Jan 11, 2010
What am match, was surprised, but me think it was luck!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Kx: 10:24am On Jan 11, 2010
It does seem no independent broadcaster in nigeria have
the interest of viewers at heart as far as dis nations cup is concerned.
instead the few of them that televised d match hooked
up to NTA's 1920 poor picture quality with french commentary.

Can someone kindly confirm to me id SS3 and SS 4Nig. beamed it live to
Nigerian viewers pls?
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by waledoy(m): 10:25am On Jan 11, 2010
wot a match! kudos to Mali players and Keshi, unexpected come-back great!
the Angola team thought they ave arived complacency killed them both coach and players.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by otokx(m): 10:47am On Jan 11, 2010
Am happy for Stephen Keshi.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 11:03am On Jan 11, 2010
FBS:

^^^ I see that you are one of "them". hehehehe. . . grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2010
rasputinn:

I think I read it somewhere that one Cabinda rebel was seen loitering around Yaya's hotel room lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
angry angry angry

Angola's Goalie is very useless, Mali's was worst grin

Good thing Mali leveled, cuz i want Angola to be out in this first round tongue

I saw Adebayor crying on TV. grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2010
^^^ The rebels (a.s.s.nal fans) are back. shocked
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2010
mukina2:

angry angry angry

Angola's Goalie is very useless, Mali's was worst grin

Good thing Mali leveled, cuz i want Angola to be out in this first round tongue

I saw Adebayor crying on TV. grin

Where u go my 89th concubine? i thought you were in the Togolese bus. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply)

Real Madrid Fans Stunned To See Hazard In Action / Michael Umanyika Dies In Azerbaijan During Training / FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.