Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community (19688 Views)

More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base / Military Base Attacked By Boko Haram In Yobe (Photos) / John Oden: Soldier Sends His Wife Christmas Message From Military Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Islie: 8:38am On Feb 07, 2017
Suspected Boko Haram sect members have launched attack on a military base and burnt much of Sasawa town located 27 kilometers to Damaturu, the Yobe state capital.

Suspected Boko Haram sect members have launched attack on a military base and burnt much of Sasawa town located 27 kilometers to Damaturu, the Yobe state capital.

Details of the attacks were still sketchy by press time due to lack of telecommunications network.

Daily Trust gathered that the attack happened around 6:00pm yesterday when the assailants stormed the village in three Hilux vans and two motorcycles, and dislodged the military men in the area.

A source who escaped from the town told Daily Trust that the town was razed by fire. The source said, “They burnt down the entire town and we learnt that three security vehicles have been seized by the insurgents, but no death has been reported so far.”

The Police Commissioner, Yobe State command, Sumonu Abdulmaliki confirmed the attack but said he could not give details

“All I can confirm to you is that Sasawa came under attack yesterday by the insurgents but there is no further detail for now. The town has no means of communication at the moment so I don’t have any details of the current situation,” he said

This incident is coming barely four weeks after the insurgents attacked military formations in Buniyadi and Kumuya base, both in Gujba Local Government Area of the state.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/boko-haram-attacks-military-base-burns-community-in-yobe/184247.html

1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Damian077: 8:49am On Feb 07, 2017
God have mercy on us

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by todayboy: 8:49am On Feb 07, 2017
this the right time for buhari to resign

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by denko(m): 8:52am On Feb 07, 2017
This shows the north has started planning again, buhari might not i prayed he makes it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Atmmachine(m): 8:53am On Feb 07, 2017

Hahahahahahahaha grin

These people sef

They want the President of Nigeria to be from their tribe, they got it

They want igbos to leave the North, igbos left North

Now, Tell me what they want again

If these people divert the energy, determination and accuracy they use in making bombs and engaging in violence into trying to better their states, their tribe would have been better than the USA

How foolish will i be to strap a bomb to myself and go blow up my igbo brothers ??

Why should some people from a tribe i wouldn't mention, who have produced like 5 Nigerian President and are still poverty stricken restort to bombing their own people ??

This is beyond foolishness

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by omenkaLives(m): 8:54am On Feb 07, 2017
The results of the distraction caused by Buhari's absense have started manisfesting earlier than expected.

Tod help us.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Jeel: 8:54am On Feb 07, 2017
Technically defeated?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by whizbee(m): 8:55am On Feb 07, 2017
Where is the dullard?
The country needs his attention now more than ever

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by ichidodo: 8:55am On Feb 07, 2017
Their region, their problem....

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 07, 2017
Is this the same Boko Haram that has been technically defeated or another one?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by emeijeh(m): 8:55am On Feb 07, 2017
I thought Lai said they have defeated Boko Haram?

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by TurboBuilder(m): 8:56am On Feb 07, 2017
Chai!! God help naija
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by MOSICATED5(m): 8:56am On Feb 07, 2017
The book haram dey said d missing president have defeated ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by gaetano: 8:56am On Feb 07, 2017
the northern cabal have started again. They may be planning to use Boko haram to unsettle osibanjo while planning for him to be removed. For all we know, the president might be dead. #JustSaying

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by crestedaguiyi: 8:56am On Feb 07, 2017
yet people are standing with Buhari

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Eazybay(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
These guys sha... Wea b una new base Buratai pls end dis job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by mikegeo(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
Wait, but i thought bokoharam had been subdued? Where are they surfacing from again?

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by maxiuc(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
Everything seems to lie and lie. This government hav failed in all side.

I still wonder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by dview001(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
wait make i laff small....no b d same technically defeated blood hungry morons be this?

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by ybalogs(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
Boko haram defeated yet they keep coming back. What's really needed now is to know their sponsors and their means of getting weapons. I really don't think it should be that hard from the progress they've made so far. May God help us against these terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Aroh48(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
ok
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Firefire(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
OK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by cooljude(m): 8:58am On Feb 07, 2017
Naija which way, Remember how they promised to lead from the front and decimate BH. It's easy to talk as an outsider, shebi my people sey Na person wey wear shoe Na em know where e dey pain am. For the betterment of Innocent civilians, they better defeat those animals as they promised.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by purity22(f): 8:58am On Feb 07, 2017
Hmmm ........
I don't even know what to believe in this country anymore.

Boko Haram has been crashed
Boko Haram attacked people
Boko Haram attacked military base
Etc

God step into our country situation perfectly please!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 07, 2017
todayboy:
this the right time for buhari to resign

Which leaves me with a question....a serious one.

What should his successor do to get rid of Boko?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 07, 2017
Hmmm, we are watching, Western presidency and BH is in now burning towns, I taught they have being decimated to just soft targets.
Northern conspiracy again.
Before you know it, you Osibanjo would fight BH until 2019 and make no progress.
#therewasacountry.

Dont say I talked callously, but understand the dynamics of Nigerian politics, it's a DO or DIE affair, North and South.
PDP & APC is just a camouflage.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 07, 2017
sad Next time when people hear change they will run for their lives

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by maxiuc(m): 9:00am On Feb 07, 2017
Sarriki oya come and blame Gej. Make thunder strike you blue nd black

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by delli(m): 9:00am On Feb 07, 2017
This ppl are resembling again o

God help us

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Military Base, Burns Community by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2017
grin

the only achievement tey were trying to lay claim to has been burst open as a lie

undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hadi Sirika Should Be Arrested - PDP / Wike Maintains Lead, Wins Additional Four LGAs / Bakare To Tinubu's Men: I Scored 0 Votes With My Identity, Original Credentials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.